RG3 says knee “getting better every day,” but he won’t rush recovery

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III throws a pass during the team's pre-game warm up for their NFL football game against the Browns in Cleveland Reuters

The early reports on the recovery of Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III have been positive. Noted surgeon Dr. James Andrews weighed in last week, and on Tuesday, courtesy of ESPN’s Trey Wingo, we heard from the Redskins’ star quarterback himself.

In a text message to Wingo that the ESPN anchor published on Twitter, Griffin III gave an update on how he’s coming along after suffering knee ligament injuries in Washington’s playoff loss to Seattle in January.

“My knee is getting better every day,” Griffin wrote. “The doctors say I’m ahead of schedule. My goal is to return healthy in week one but if I’m not ready then i will wait until i am, however long that is.”

Griffin III also noted that he’s cognizant of “my responsibility is within the dilemma that led to me having surgery to repair my knee and all parties involved know their responsibilities as well.”

This is just another data point in the beginning stages of a process that will be closely watched by the football world, but these indications, while preliminary, are better than the alternative for Griffin.

Permalink 62 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
62 Responses to “RG3 says knee “getting better every day,” but he won’t rush recovery”
  1. LilTmac2003 says: Mar 26, 2013 7:48 PM

As a Bulls fan — waiting for your superstar to come back from an ACL injury is beyond dreadful.

But definitely RG3 not rushing back is the absolute best decision.

Wish him a speedy recovery.

2. dccowboy says: Mar 26, 2013 7:51 PM

Good to know its getting better every day rather than worse every day or staying the same every day.

3. flavordave says: Mar 26, 2013 7:51 PM

Im sure the Shannys are over there rubbing it with magical potions and lotions everyday. Better get Cousins prepped for the Chip Kelly show. Im feeling the one legged QB will not be ready. And theres nothing you can do about it.

4. raynman49 says: Mar 26, 2013 7:51 PM

What did he say??

5. goodellisruiningtheleague says: Mar 26, 2013 7:55 PM

Another nonstory

6. romosmicrodongs says: Mar 26, 2013 7:55 PM

his careers cut short one wheel blah blah blah I’m every hater on this website herp derp

7. peytonsneck18 says: Mar 26, 2013 7:58 PM

IRG3, they might as well copy all these rg3 rehab stories and paste them on here every off season, cause every year he will be rahabing from some injury

8. Iknoweverything says: Mar 26, 2013 7:59 PM

FraudIII with the one bad wheel is one and done.
    He was overrated and overhyped by the East Coast media to begin with.
    The sportswriters fawned all over Luck and the hype and completely ignored the best QB in the draft.

If you want a true hero to look up to…..a future HOF to admire……a true leader in the mold of Gen. Patton….. a true legend in the making…….the greatest QB to ever play the game when all is said and done………….Then look to the REAL DEAL…….Mr. Russel Wilson

9. FlyFromTheInside says: Mar 26, 2013 8:02 PM

Cue the stupid comments from Peytonsneck18 any moment now….I see flavordave couldn’t wait to chime in with his drivel….

10. seabreezes51 says: Mar 26, 2013 8:04 PM

Shanny’s gonna fix dat.

11. dirtydrynn27 says: Mar 26, 2013 8:06 PM

Dude you cant be serious with that chip Kelly talk! A one legged RGIII IS better than a 2 legged Vick any day! And by the way enjoy last place Philly!

12. nineroutsider says: Mar 26, 2013 8:06 PM

What a great line; this kid’s intelligence is impressive. He plays just like he writes and speaks: extremely well. He can’t let them force him onto the field early though and, I don’t care what anyone says, I watched their playoff game last year – Shanny made a dangerous and reckless decision keeping him in that game. I was yelling at my TV to get him out of there!

13. nineroutsider says: Mar 26, 2013 8:11 PM

Whoa…the Redskin hate is unbelievable; embarrassing really – your lives are truly small.

14. jerryyouradisgrace says: Mar 26, 2013 8:17 PM

Where are you logicalvoice with your usual stupidity about RG3 being the HOF best ever??

Oh wait your being punished by your mother and you can’t use the computer ….tough break

15. rickyspanish says: Mar 26, 2013 8:20 PM

Maybe Adidas should pull the plug on those commercials they’ve been running.

16. filthymcnasty1 says: Mar 26, 2013 8:26 PM

The HGH is working miracles.

17. gbmickey says: Mar 26, 2013 8:28 PM

Really are we going to read about the status every couple weeks? Its pretty easy to figure out. He had major knee surgery with recovery minimum of 8 months. So for the next 4 months at least lets just say he is making improvements. Come August lets have a real diagnosis and update. At this point no one has a clue when he willbe back and that includes the doctors.

18. skinswillsurprise says: Mar 26, 2013 8:29 PM

1/ flavordave

2/ peytonsneck18

Don’t you losers have something else better to do besides hate on RG3 and everything redskins? You guys make coming to sites like this aggravating. Go play on Facebook with your “friends” or something. Losers! I could not put logicalvoice on this list because he is the true difintion of a Fan, even if he is 99.9% always wrong. HTTR!!

19. cowboys13for6 says: Mar 26, 2013 8:37 PM

3 first rounders for a guy that won’t play 3 significant seasons

20. matt4477 says: Mar 26, 2013 8:37 PM

RG3! RG3!

21. leevi98 says: Mar 26, 2013 8:38 PM

“”Iknoweverything says: Mar 26, 2013 7:59 PM
    FraudIII with the one bad wheel is one and done.
    He was overrated and overhyped by the East Coast media to begin with.

This man has more talent in just his elbow than FraudIII has in his whole destroyed body. Plus Mr. Wilson is coached by a true Genius, a future HOF who will never abuse his prized Ferrari in a hopeless one and out playoff game.”

LOL and I’m not laughing with you…I’m not even a Redskins fan but these comments are flat out ridiculous. The hatred of this guy is beyond me. Seems it’s just most are jealous he isn’t on their team.

22. flavordave says: Mar 26, 2013 8:41 PM

23. seaeagle707 says: Mar 26, 2013 8:41 PM

This is terrible. I have to agree with “nineroutsider”. I simply could not believe it when Griffin, came onto the field for the second half. The things I thought about Shanahan, can’t be repeated here. Everyone wants to win, but it leaves a bad taste when you “know” the other team has a handicap.

I hope he recovers completely, but I also hope he finds a better mentor than “I-want-to-win-no-matter-what-it-costs-you” Shanahan.

24. sadskinsfan89 says: Mar 26, 2013 8:41 PM

@ flavordave. whether ur comments are good or bad u r always taking time to post on redskins articles. just cant get enough skins can ya?

25. rgledz says: Mar 26, 2013 8:43 PM

logicalvoicesays…..

HGH is a magic drug! Let’s go RGCheat…RGCheat…RGCheat!!

26. commonsensedude says: Mar 26, 2013 8:45 PM

I am getting tired of all the ‘Skins haters who troll around saying the same thing about RG3 and his knee every day. So, to honor those guys who seem to want attention, I present to you the official “anti-Redskins Troll Fight Song.”

“They hate on the Redskins
    They hate on DC
    They’re mad because their team is
    Without a Lombardi Trophy

They talk trash of our team and RG3
    Make some more bad jokes about the man’s knee
    Just wait, just wait till you we play
    Then you’ll shut up and go away

(Hey! Hey! Hey!)

27. rtant2013 says: Mar 26, 2013 8:46 PM

It’s ridiculous I can right a sightful post on here and its deleted, but these guys like peytonsneck and iknoweverything can go on rants of just stupidity and they remain posted. Yeah, thumbs up guys, really makes sense. And who cares if he’s using HGH, its not illegal. And I would garuntee you not only Peterson, but a long list of players have done the same. Heck, even Mike Gollack admitted to it on Mike and Mike in the Morning. If it helps then it helps, until its banned everyone coming back from injury will do it, just not advertise it. Get better Griffin, and I’m extremely happy that our quarterback seems to be the only NFL player that can speak correct English in an intelligent fashion, I know there’s others, but all you see on Twitter or wherever is guys speaking like they’re in the 2nd grade.

28. skinsfan2 says: Mar 26, 2013 8:52 PM

cowboys13for6 says: Mar 26, 2013 8:37 PM says:

3 first rounders for a guy that won’t play 3 significant seasons

But at least RG3 won’t throw 3 interceptions in the most important game of the year. But hey, I’m sure you’re used to it by now.

29. nomoreseasontix says: Mar 26, 2013 8:53 PM

++++
    What in hell does that mean?
    In English?

30. skinsnation703 says: Mar 26, 2013 9:01 PM

@Cowboys; we didn’t give up 3 first rounders. We swapped 1’s and gave up two. Go figure a Cowboys fan doesn’t know this. Let me guess, you have never been or lived in Dallas? Fraud.

31. peytonsneck18 says: Mar 26, 2013 9:03 PM

nobody really cares about the redskins, u guys arent relevant, but u are annoying with all this rg3 is the greatest, blah blah blah, that cornball cant even last a year without getting broken in half, u sold yr souls to get him, now the USS Redskins ship will continue to take on water and sink to the bottom of the ocean once again!!!

32. peytonsneck18 says: Mar 26, 2013 9:05 PM

all fail to the redskins!!!! (que that corny music yal play there)

33. timocracy13 says: Mar 26, 2013 9:06 PM

sadskinsfan89 says: Mar 26, 2013 8:41 PM

______________________________________

He posts on here because flavordave and logicalvoice are the same person.

34. logicalvoicesaysneedswaybettercrazypills says: Mar 26, 2013 9:08 PM

My name says it all…

35. skinswillsurprise says: Mar 26, 2013 9:11 PM

Was there this much hate on Tom Brady when he went down?? I want to know how many people said he would not be the same, he looks better!! RG3 will be fine. I do not understand all the hate on this kid. What has he done to you guys. Stop the hate please! HTTR!!

36. skinswillsurprise says: Mar 26, 2013 9:13 PM

flavordave says:

How about the video of the Eagles Superbowl Parade??

37. alpharedskins says: Mar 26, 2013 9:31 PM

For the trolls that comment on Redskins stories and Rg3 more than you do on your favorite teams stories and quaterback shows the fear that’s hiding in your heart. Keep the hate up its shows how revelant the Redskins and Rg3 are trolls. Peytonsneck18 for a person who doesn’t care what the Redskins do you seem pretty interested or you wouldn’t post on every story get a life loser.

38. jbcommonsense says: Mar 26, 2013 9:32 PM

The haters posting here are so pathetic with their pathetic jealousy.

Please, RGIII, take your time and be thorough in your recovery. The NFC Easy champions will be fine waiting for you to come back and lead us to a Super Bowl victory! HTTR!

39. tampaskinsfan says: Mar 26, 2013 9:34 PM

Hey Flavordave how about showing the Eagles Super Bowl videos! That’d really stick it to us Skins fans. I don’t mind the hate on RG3 so much because if he sucked then nobody would care what he did. Girls like Peytonsneck18 are just putting up the front in hopes her teams overall number one pick (Luck) doesn’t turn out to be the bust in the long run.

40. peytonsneck18 says: Mar 26, 2013 9:39 PM

redskins fans dress in women dresses, sad!!!

41. peytonsneck18 says: Mar 26, 2013 9:43 PM

his real name is IRG3!!!

42. peytonsneck18 says: Mar 26, 2013 9:45 PM

tampaskinsfan

u are confused, whats wrong, the bucs too bad for u to like, so u gotta jock the skins, u probably are a rainbow boy aint u?

43. deangelo23hall says: Mar 26, 2013 9:45 PM

Tell me to my face this kid ain’t good.

44. cmonelisha says: Mar 26, 2013 9:47 PM

RhGh3

lmao@the black and white video..idk why hes talking about the giants.. bec eagles have had the giants number for a while now..but i guess the only numbers that matter are 2 and 4.. 2 superbowls won with Eli and 4 more superbowls than eagles have and will see anytime soon lmaoo

and lolllll at the redskins fans wear dresses..dont forget pig nose..i never understood that

45. rg3baby says: Mar 26, 2013 9:59 PM

I get morons like peytonsneck that come in here talkin all that ish cause he has nothing to do. No wife, no girlfriend, no anything…just a blog name and a lot of lame crap. But the one’s I don’t understand are the Cowboy fan who have a qb that can’t win a big game, or the Eagle fan who really has no clue what his team is going to look like. Chip is the equivalent to Steve Spurrier. Good luck with that. Now go post on your teams articles. Oh wait, you don’t have any.

46. fafaflunky says: Mar 26, 2013 10:01 PM

iknoweverthing

i know the seahawks havent won
    a superbowl..haha troll..wilson runs a lot so becareful..karma is a …..

47. cmonelisha says: Mar 26, 2013 10:02 PM

RhGh3

48. cmonelisha says: Mar 26, 2013 10:03 PM

the black and white video was for another tab i had pulled up in giants vid..excuse that paragraph loll. but fruitcakedave would know what it means

49. tampaskinsfan says: Mar 26, 2013 10:04 PM

peytonsneck18 says:
    Mar 26, 2013 9:45 PM
    tampaskinsfan

…………………………………

Not confused at all. Born in DC, stationed in Tampa at the Airforce base. If anyone is jocking the Skins and not paying any attention to their home team it’s your fairy A$$. I see your post on Colts stories and you come off as a somewhat intelligent fan. Someone mentions RG3 and you flip out like a 12 year old. Don’t get it. No Skins fans talk smack about Luck but you as you put it “jock” all over the Skins.

50. fafaflunky says: Mar 26, 2013 10:05 PM

peytonsneck is a closet skins fan

51. peytonsneck18 says: Mar 26, 2013 10:06 PM

and why are these skins fans keep bringing up their SB’s, that was way back when Carter was president, what have yal won in the 90’s,and 2000’s, ill wait……………………

52. ddogdaddy says: Mar 26, 2013 10:14 PM

I can’t help thinking about the story of the chicken or the egg. I’m not quite sure which side started the dumbass comments but as long as RG3 and Luck are playing they will continue. As a Colts fan it makes me sick to see these idiotic comments about a guy that’s injured. Injured being a warrior trying to help his team to victory. I don’t like the Redskins and dislike their fans even more. But, I do respect anyone that is willing to leave it all out on the field trying to win.

53. thesmartestmanever says: Mar 26, 2013 11:23 PM

we PROUDLY wear our pig noses because we hog the line of scrimmage. we run at will against anyone. that tradition holds true long after the original hogs took the field. our quarterback sucks so much he won the rookie of the year award. he led all rookies in completion percentage ( a running qb) he took the whole team and the city of Washington on his back and refused to lose anymore games after the bye. he is a true testament to what a leader is and should be. Seahawks nation talk all the smack you want but the whole world knows a healthy RGIII and the outcome would be different. you guys couldn’t muster anything until it was obvious that RGIII could not sustain drives due to injury. so please keep on talking but you’re only lying to yourself, the rest of us know better. Philly usually I wouldn’t waste my time talking to you but get real already. your Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Kelly circus has a two year life span and then it’s back to square one. Peytonsneck18 let’s face it if it weren’t for ol #18 you guys would still be longing for Jeff George. Andrew is a good QB who couldn’t win a weak division. your owner did to Baltimore what Modell did to Cleveland. our owners always footed the bill instead of putting it on the taxpayers to build a stadium for a billionaire. our owner may be green as far as football operations but at least he’s willing to pay to win. HAIL TO MY REDSKINS

54. thunderskins007 says: Mar 26, 2013 11:28 PM

even though when andrew luck smiles and talks he looks and sounds like the deformed guy from the goonies, i can acknowledge he is a good QB. i don’t troll and compare him to ryan leaf because of all picks he threw last year or the terrible game he played in the playoffs last year. i never make fun of an athlete who is hurt like you like to do calling rg3 irg3 is pathetic and makes you a P.O.S. in my book. i know rg3 played better in his playoff game than luck and rg3 played a better defense too….on one leg basically. your team took a dump on your greatest player and kicked him too the curb and you have the nerve to crap on my team and players? in my book your owner and organization is classless. do the world a favor and dig a hole, jump in, and fill it in. no one will miss you. well maybe your mom would.

55. skinsdiehard says: Mar 26, 2013 11:39 PM

Some dummy Cowboy fan said that RG3 would be a failure if he doesnt play 3 great seasons. When did that become the barometer? I suppose last year he sad Griffin wouldnt win a division title. Romo must be considered a failure then.

56. youcantmakemepickausername says: Mar 26, 2013 11:50 PM

rtant2013 says:
    Mar 26, 2013 8:46 PM
    ————————————————-

If that post is serious, I guess I’ll tell you to go look up “irony” in the dictionary, if you know how to spell it.

If the post is sarcasm, nicely done i guess.

57. ddogdaddy says: Mar 26, 2013 11:58 PM

@rtant2013

Thank you moderators for finally having the courage to post his “sightful righting”. It is a shame that you won’t print articles according to him “garunteeing” everyone that is hurt is using HGH because it isn’t illegal. And the part praising his QB for being able to speak better then a second grader took real courage. Keep these “sightful rightings” coming as they show everyone what kind of Redskin fans are out there. Well played rtant2013. Keep righting.

58. wmelch says: Mar 27, 2013 12:15 AM

Tell me to my face this kid ain’t good
    This kid ain’t good

59. obmig says: Mar 27, 2013 11:25 AM

I’m a skins fan and I like Andrew Luck. I don’t need to hop on all the stories about him and mention that big knee brace that he has been wearing since he was 20 years old like I want something bad to happen to the guy. He’s young, talented, and levelheaded, just like Robert. The league is better off when both are healthy and that’s what I’m rooting for. I’m glad for the Colts that they got Luck after losing Peyton, it’s exciting for all fans. Don’t think I’ll ever understand why a Colts fan would wish injuries on a Redskins qb.

60. musicman495 says: Mar 27, 2013 11:38 AM

peytonsneck18 says: Mar 26, 2013 10:06 PM

and why are these skins fans keep bringing up their SB’s, that was way back when Carter was president, what have yal won in the 90′s,and 2000′s, ill wait……………………
    —————————-
    Apparently, you know as little about U.S. History as you do about football. The Redskins last won the Super Bowl on January 26, 1992, during the administration of George H.W. Bush.

61. seaeagle707 says: Mar 27, 2013 1:41 PM

The last guy in the world who would brag about Russell Wilson is…………

……Russell Wilson.

I wish Seahawks fans would realize that his outstanding play comes from his dedication to hard work, and his humility.

It probably isn’t much different for RGIII.

62. jwreck says: Mar 27, 2013 7:53 PM

No judgment either way, just a quick opinion survey: thumbs up if you want Griffin to come back healthy and have a successful career, thumbs down if you don’t.