Gronk says he’d never do anything to risk his health

New England Patriots tight end Gronkowski celebrates his touchdown in front of Indianapolis Colts inside linebacker Conner during the first half of their NFL football game in Foxborough Reuters

Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski took some heat last month when video surfaced showing him dancing and wrestling in Las Vegas while wearing nothing above the waist other than the cast that covered his twice-broken arm. But Gronkowski says he was doing nothing to risk further injury.

Asked about the criticism on Mike and Mike in the Morning, Gronkowski said he appreciates the concern from Patriots fans who don’t want to see him get hurt, but he assures them they have nothing to worry about.

“They’re my fans. They’re looking out for me, they’re big fans of the Patriots, they just want to see the team do well and I totally understand where the fans are coming from,” Gronkowski said. “I would never do that, put myself in jeopardy.”

Gronkowski said the arm that he broke in Week 11 and then re-broke in the playoffs feels good now. And he expects to be fully cleared before the start of organized team activities.

“The arm is feeling way better than it was during the playoffs, and in the regular season when I broke it,” Gronkowski said. “When my trainers give me the good to go, hopefully in the next couple weeks, as soon as possible, I can get going again.”

Patriots fans will be glad when Gronkowski can get going on the field, and not in a Vegas club.

Permalink 41 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
41 Responses to “Gronk says he’d never do anything to risk his health”
  1. calhounlambeau says: Mar 27, 2013 9:57 AM

Binge drinking does not affect your health. Just kidding, gotta love Gronk.

2. harrisonhits2 says: Mar 27, 2013 10:08 AM

Very few Pats fans have any problem at all with Gronk.

It was you people in the media who made an issue of it with your desperation for content and clicks.

3. ccjcsr says: Mar 27, 2013 10:12 AM

This is a joke right….lol!

4. thenew013 says: Mar 27, 2013 10:19 AM

i broke my arm once. i remember playing tag football with my cast on and everything. i rode my bike with one hand…I know my net worth isnt what gronks is but im sure that cast will protect that arm from a few blows. those things can take a beating.

5. salventuri says: Mar 27, 2013 10:19 AM

6. towniesman says: Mar 27, 2013 10:20 AM

you can prove everything your sayin Big Gronk by being on the field HEALTHY when the playoffs start

7. ccjcsr says: Mar 27, 2013 10:22 AM

System TE, not worth the money!

8. stoutfiles says: Mar 27, 2013 10:23 AM

Gronk is a really bad liar.

9. fatcamper says: Mar 27, 2013 10:27 AM

I made the mistake of watching the video just now. Why is his shirt off and why are there three dudes dancing and wrestling on stage? Everything this guy does is a complete mystery to me and we’re almost the same age.

10. uptjeff says: Mar 27, 2013 10:27 AM

I’d rather have Jimmy Graham.

11. retaeyssup says: Mar 27, 2013 10:28 AM

First off, I like the Patriots a lot more now that they can’t win a championship. Second, if anyone had an issue with Gronk, they need to simmer down. I’d be less worried he’s dropping a suplex on some dude in a club and more about whether he wore a rubber or not with Bibi Jones.

12. terripet says: Mar 27, 2013 10:35 AM

Gronky will be hurt every year the pats will dump him in 2 years

13. rc33 says: Mar 27, 2013 10:38 AM

Still awaiting that list of NFL teams that don’t use a “system.”

14. rhamrhoddy says: Mar 27, 2013 10:42 AM

If he wasn’t such a nut job, he probably wouldn’t be the football player he is. Gronk is just Gronk.

15. schmitty2 says: Mar 27, 2013 10:46 AM

harrisonhits2 says:Mar 27, 2013 10:08 AM

Very few Pats fans have any problem at all with Gronk.

The media can blow things out of proportion for sure..with that being said Gronk dancing after the Superbowl weeks after a leg injury then wrestling with his buddy at a club a few weeks after breaking his arm doesn’t really paint him as responsible does it??

16. raiderufan says: Mar 27, 2013 10:50 AM

And yet video of a shirtless drunk man believed to be Gronk pulling WWE moves on his buddies exists….he should have said “you know, maybe I did risk it but I’ve learned my lesson” and then I don’t know…stop getting drunk and givin your buddy DDT’s…

17. ampats says: Mar 27, 2013 10:54 AM

System QB? Yor time would be better spent watching something you can comprehend like The Voice ?

Its good knowing the Pats have the best TE in the NFL and two of the top five with Hernandez,

Hate on haters, because once again the Patriots will win the AFCE and are considered the favorite to win it all !

18. bobbybudnick says: Mar 27, 2013 10:59 AM

I feel like it would hold the same weight if Evel Knievel said that back in the 70′s

19. bigj7769 says: Mar 27, 2013 11:00 AM

He is a young, rich, talented star…let him do what he wants! What r u going to do? Wrap him in bubble wrap and unpack him each week for a game?!

20. db105 says: Mar 27, 2013 11:04 AM

Did Gronk break his arm while on the job? If he did wouldn’t he be collecting workman’s comp? Not the brightest thing to do.

21. baddorange says: Mar 27, 2013 11:31 AM

The media loves this guy and will do just about anything to promote this.
    Media, in general, will beat to death any possibly negative story.

22. shivablast says: Mar 27, 2013 12:07 PM

How about some coverage for the positive things Gronk does in the community? I guess that doesn’t attract readers…

23. lo6icalvoice says: Mar 27, 2013 12:12 PM

Hopefully he can get going again… Gronk and Hernandez are the pats only tickets to the playoffs.

24. patriots420 says: Mar 27, 2013 12:39 PM

I don’t see where he is acting that far off his age I’m within a few months of gronk age and my routine is roughly the same, except the money and I don’t have different broads every night more like every few weeks, but the disdain of clothes love of beer and herbal medication and inability to prioritize responsibilities dancing and wrestling with friends while intoxicated are all something I can relate to.

25. willyshock says: Mar 27, 2013 12:40 PM

Twenty bucks he gets traded on draft day.

26. hehateme2 says: Mar 27, 2013 12:53 PM

Other than dancing around like a fool with no shirt on and partying like a teenager…. naw, no worries here.

27. txsmiler says: Mar 27, 2013 1:04 PM

Another ego maniac rationalizing criticism as concern. This idiot really believes those “loving fans” care about him as a person. LOL It’s a business, you’re an ASSett, stop acting like a fool or hit the bricks.

28. Cereal says: Mar 27, 2013 1:12 PM

Gronk is clearly a tool, he & Joey Porter lead the league in dancing in public with their shirts off

29. johnnyb216 says: Mar 27, 2013 1:12 PM

Gronk for president!

30. spikeit2times says: Mar 27, 2013 1:41 PM

::salveturi says:: “Too bad for the Patriots that arm will just keep breaking again and again and again.”

I broke my arm once. Then 18 months later broke it again in exactly the same location. After making sure it was taken care of properly the 2nd time … I’ve since had 3 vertabrae in my back suffer compression fractures, 3 dic protrusion s in my back, had 7 staples in my noggin, broke a finger, sprained a knee, sprained an ankle twice, and dislocated my hip once(yeah; I tend to play rough – lol) all without so much as a hint of trouble from that arm. Once they are allowed to heal properly, it’s unlikely to re-break accept by freak coincidence.

31. yoc19 says: Mar 27, 2013 1:43 PM

GRONK! – Coming soon to an endzone near you!

32. surfinbird1 says: Mar 27, 2013 1:58 PM

Gronk confirmed on Mike & Mike that he had a third surgery on his forearm. The Pats totally botched the Welker deal. Now it’s Gronk , Danny glassman A. and Aron H. All three can’t stay on the field. Who is Brady chucking to?

33. bullcharger says: Mar 27, 2013 2:03 PM

salventuri says:Mar 27, 2013 10:19 AM

———————–

yep… because that always happens to players.

Good luck blocking him this year.

34. uptjeff says: Mar 27, 2013 2:07 PM

Donte Stallworth deserves another chance with the Patriots.

35. crush22 says: Mar 27, 2013 2:08 PM

patriots420 says:

I’m within a few months of gronk age and my routine is roughly the same, except the money and I don’t have “different broads every night”

_________________________________-

Watch the video and the video of him just hours after losing the super bowl in Indy, shirtless and dancing with dudes…..again.
    Highly doubt that “different broads” is in his interest.

36. crush22 says: Mar 27, 2013 2:12 PM

bullcharger says:

yep… because that always happens to players.

Good luck blocking him this year.

________________________________

You mean like how he was blocked during a meaningless extra point, when he broke it in the first place?
    That turned out well.

37. grimmlock42 says: Mar 27, 2013 3:23 PM

Yeah, you’re right. This guy is nothing but trouble. He’s reckless, irresponsible, injury prone, a danger to himself and to others. He’s an embarrassment to the league and he’s a serious liability. So what do you want for him? (asks the 31 other teams in the league)

38. erock27 says: Mar 27, 2013 3:26 PM

Gronk loves molly

39. CKL says: Mar 27, 2013 4:21 PM

schmitty2 says:
    Mar 27, 2013 10:46 AM

_______________________________
    I didn’t mind the afterparty at the SB, it was a Patriots private party. What I minded is putting his arm at risk with the move he pulled in that latest video. I don’t care if he parties and has fun. I do care if he risks his availability on the field with something unneccessary. But what HH said is true, most other Pats fans don’t agree with me on that.

40. patsfan13 says: Mar 27, 2013 5:53 PM

Enjoy yourself Gronk, youth passes a lot more quickly than you think.

41. TheWizard says: Mar 27, 2013 7:16 PM

Better be careful.

Wish it out once, back to you sevenfold.

There are Laws you aren’t aware of, but consider yourself informed.