We posted an initial mock draft because, well, everyone does.
And we’re now posting a revised mock draft because, well, everyone does that, too.
We’ve also realized that, regardless of the league insiders from whom we get the information on which the mock draft is based, the various Mel Kiper Jr. Juniors in the crowd will declare it’s the worst mock draft they’ve ever seen, to the extent that it deviates from the conventional wisdom of those who don’t make draft picks for a living.
So here’s our updated mock draft, based on the current pick schedule without predicting trades. Even though someone will likely trade back into round one to draft a quarterback.
1. Chiefs: OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M.
2. Jaguars: DE Dion Jordan, Oregon.
3. Raiders: DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida.
4. Eagles: DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri.
5. Lions: DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU.
6. Browns: CB Dee Milliner, Alabama.
7. Cardinals: DE Ziggy Ansah, BYU.
8. Bills: OG Chance Warmack, Alabama.
9. Jets: WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee.
10. Titans: CB Desmond Trufant, Washington.
11. Chargers: WR Keenan Allen, California.
12. Dolphins: OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan.
13. Buccaneers: WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia.
14. Panthers: DT Star Lotulelei, Utah.
15. Saints: OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina.
16. Rams: S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas.
17. Steelers: LB/DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M.
18. Cowboys: CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State.
19. Giants: TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame.
20. Bears: DT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina.
21. Bengals: OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama.
22. Rams (from Redskins): RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama.
23. Vikings: QB Geno Smith, West Virginia.
24. Colts: LB/DE Datone Jones, UCLA.
25. Vikings (from Seahawks): CB Tharold Simon, LSU.
26. Packers: NT John Jenkins, Georgia.
27. Texans: OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma.
28. Broncos: LB Kevin Minter, LSU.
29. Patriots: WR Deandre Hopkins, Clemson.
30. Falcons: DE Cornellius Carradine, Florida State.
31. 49ers: LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia.
32. Ravens: S Matt Elam, Florida.