Geno Smith visiting the Jets this week

Geno Smith AP

When news came out about E.J. Manuel visiting the Jets, we suggested that it made sense for a team that might want a quarterback, but not enough to invest a top 10 pick in one.

Now, the Jets are aiming a little higher.

According to Conor Orr of the Newark Star-Ledger, West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith is visiting the team Wednesday and Thursday.

The Jets have also had Miami (Ohio) quarterback Zac Dysert in for a visit, suggesting more later-round focus.

While it still makes more sense to wait a year to decide on a quarterback of the future — at least until they decide if the coach of the present has a future — making a move for Smith would be a lot easier for a team that had an extra first-round pick.

Now where could the Jets obtain one of those?

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “Geno Smith visiting the Jets this week”
  1. floridaslonechargersfan says: Apr 9, 2013 8:13 AM

The Jets will find a way to screw this draft up….I can’t wait to watch!

2. jam11163 says: Apr 9, 2013 8:37 AM

lets just say every team picking in the top 20 is going to have a visit by everyone…

3. lovefootball4life says: Apr 9, 2013 9:10 AM

While Smith maybe one of the best QBs in the draft the experts are calling this a weak QB draft class overall. Plus the money they owe Sanchez it seems to me the best option might be to shore up this year in other areas and get the QB replacement next year.

4. picksix19 says: Apr 9, 2013 9:20 AM

I’m here not to post on Geno Smith, but to congratulate good ol’ Cromartie on his 12 millionth kid being born. Geez Cro, if you don’t like to strap up with a condom at least learn how to pull out. I wish the all the best after your NFL run, I hope your saving some $…….not sure if it’s possible though.

5. furtigan says: Apr 9, 2013 9:23 AM

Drafting for need is the NFL equivalent of beer goggles.

If there’s nobody there worth taking home, go do something more useful.

6. capesquad says: Apr 9, 2013 9:40 AM

Please draft Geno, please!! also keep Tim Tebow and then let Sanchez, Tebow and Smith all compete for the starting position this summer.
    And then bring back Hard Knocks.

7. norseyapper says: Apr 9, 2013 9:57 AM

“Now where could the Jets obtain one of those?”

Think about it, what that implies is a pretty much straight up trade off of Revis for Geno Smith. Who on God’s earth would think that was a good deal?

Now if they could add a 3rd rounder from the Bucs, combine that with the 13th overall pick and trade up to get Millner….that might make sense.

8. kash71 says: Apr 9, 2013 10:00 AM

He better get a pedicure first.

9. CKL says: Apr 9, 2013 11:28 AM

Continuing to use that picture of Smith is just mean. Poor kid, he seems like a nice kid. I hope he goes to a stable franchise with a coach who is good with QBs because he deserves that.

10. bobzilla1001 says: Apr 9, 2013 12:02 PM

I heard a rumor that Geno Smith has been seen recently tutoring both Vinny Testaverde and Tim Tebow.

11. lrjets says: Apr 9, 2013 12:36 PM

picksix19 says:Apr 9, 2013 9:20 AM

A virgin giving advice on planned parenthood!
    Priceless!

12. picksix19 says: Apr 9, 2013 4:36 PM

lrjets says:
    Apr 9, 2013 12:36 PM

A virgin giving advice on planned parenthood!
    Priceless!
    ————-
    You sound like a typical New Yorker & I have 2 children and they are expensive, trust me young buck. I do understand that cro makes a hell’ve alot more than I do, but at least I never had to ask for a $500 early pay,let alone $500,000….kick rocks lil’ jets boy