Brandon Marshall says he’s 100-percent for first time in three years

Chicago Bears v Detroit Lions Getty Images

Chicago Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall has had a problematic hip dating back to his time with the Denver Broncos. It’s required multiple surgeries including another clean up procedure this offseason.

But for the first time since 2010, Marshall finally feels the injury is in the past. According to Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times, Marshall has still been bothered by the hip the last two seasons. However, following arthroscopic surgery on the hip in January, Marshall made sure to take extra time off to make sure the injury had time to fully heal.

“The good thing about the procedure I got done and when I got it done is, I got it done at the start of the offseason, and when you’re able to do something like that, you can take your time with it,” Marshall said. “You can afford to be cautious. It’s about working smarter, and I probably could have started weeks ago, but no rush. We don’t play games until September. As long as I’m in top shape then, that’s all that matters.”

Over the last two seasons, he’s still “felt something” in his hip. Even so, Marshall made the Pro Bowl in each of the last two seasons and was named first team All-Pro last year. He caught 118 passes for 1,508 yards and 11 touchdowns last season for the Bears. Now he’s looking forward to what he can do without the hip causing him any further discomfort.

“I’m excited to start this season 100-percent healthy and see how much better I can be, completely healthy.

“I feel so great, man.”

Permalink 42 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
42 Responses to “Brandon Marshall says he’s 100-percent for first time in three years”
  1. tokyosandblaster says: Apr 11, 2013 1:44 AM

Good God. Turn him off. It’s too early for him to be this loud.

2. larryboodry says: Apr 11, 2013 1:46 AM

Sounds good to me…And it’ll be nice to have more weapons on offense so defenses won’t be able to key on Marshall.

Can’t wait to see who the Bears target in the draft.

3. trevor123698 says: Apr 11, 2013 1:55 AM

I see this still being an issue going forward no matter what he says.

4. foosball11 says: Apr 11, 2013 2:06 AM

Overpaid possession reciever

5. bmack1224 says: Apr 11, 2013 2:10 AM

Mentally he has a ways to Go

6. dino2997 says: Apr 11, 2013 2:15 AM

Stud WR! If Denver and Miami knew what they were doing they wouldn’t have ever let him go.

7. arrogantnation says: Apr 11, 2013 2:23 AM

He quietly had 1,500 yards last season. He’s dominant when he’s got his head on straight.

8. badintent says: Apr 11, 2013 3:32 AM

Peyton wishes you ‘d come back and be his big wide out.He’d throw for 5000+ yards ……….in the first 8 games.

9. johngaltwho says: Apr 11, 2013 4:34 AM

Should be fun to watch now that he’s 100% “precent” healthy; maybe he wont need to push off for every reception this year.

10. coryfor3 says: Apr 11, 2013 5:01 AM

I can’t imagine he would ever be 100 PRECENT. As a Bears fan, I just hope for 100 PERCENT.

11. nastyn8770 says: Apr 11, 2013 5:47 AM

That’s q precentage I can live with

12. giantsfan82 says: Apr 11, 2013 6:18 AM

A top 10 WR when his game is on. I will be drafting him in fantasy next season.

13. vysethelegend says: Apr 11, 2013 6:20 AM

He’ll stay at 100% as long as he avoids McDonald’s bags.

14. rextraordinaire says: Apr 11, 2013 6:20 AM

Good on him. Those pesky stab wounds can take a long time to heal.

15. securb2013 says: Apr 11, 2013 6:49 AM

Yeah physically but what about mentally?

16. stallan54 says: Apr 11, 2013 7:15 AM

Dude is a BEAST!!! Bears got a steal in exchange for 2 third rounders. Best receiver in football. Yup, I said it.

17. iamapatsfan says: Apr 11, 2013 7:51 AM

I’ve always liked Brandon Marshall. Seems like a good guy, great player. Didn’t know he had lingering injuries last couple years. If that is what he’s been able to do with a persistent hip injury (something pretty important in a job like his), I look forward to seeing what he can do at a clear 100%.

18. dwnhillwhaler says: Apr 11, 2013 7:57 AM

Brandon you mean you didn’t wait until the day AFTER you sign a huge contract for surgery. Like you did to the Phins

19. reeggss says: Apr 11, 2013 8:03 AM

Didn’t he say the same last year?
    How much is a 100 PREcent anyway?

20. 69finfan says: Apr 11, 2013 8:28 AM

Brandon feels so giddy he just feels like headbutting someone!

21. thompsonway says: Apr 11, 2013 8:32 AM

Great, now he can catch all the passes, instead of the 85% that Cutler through.

22. brutus9448 says: Apr 11, 2013 8:38 AM

unit he get stabbed again he’s 100 percent

23. staff2cj says: Apr 11, 2013 8:44 AM

Glad to see he’s healthy and taking his bipolar medication.

24. silverwolf3561 says: Apr 11, 2013 8:49 AM

This guy has been a class act since coming to Chicago. Cant wait to see what he does next year. Hopefully Cutler’s line won’t be as anemic.

25. mialto says: Apr 11, 2013 9:05 AM

BM is turning into a great story of a player who got his life back on track…god bless him!

26. phuriousjorge says: Apr 11, 2013 9:05 AM

I was very skeptical (still am somewhat), but it really seems that this guy has turned his life around

27. japmen says: Apr 11, 2013 9:15 AM

Hip has nothing to do with his main problems…dropping passes and taking his meds.

28. moeman79 says: Apr 11, 2013 9:34 AM

Keep up your Mental health visits, the only thing that will keep you out of the HOF is your “crazy”.
    If you were not at 100 % you will be Megatron scary.

29. steelers4385 says: Apr 11, 2013 9:45 AM

And yet he still isnt fast.

30. chi01town says: Apr 11, 2013 9:47 AM

Marshall is the #1 WR in Chicago
    with the pro bowl the last 3 seasons
    strait. Hey packers fans.. who is the #1 WR in greenbay? YOU DONT HAVE ONE, just like they dont have a RB or O-line. Rodgers will get rich but he wont play the whole season. this year Rodgers is a target and defenses will pin they ears back and go get him.

31. slobmykolb says: Apr 11, 2013 10:15 AM

Foosball11 says;
    Overpaid possession reciever

Seriously???? 118 catches for 1500+yards and 11 touchdowns is a possession receiver?? That overpaid???? I’m not even a bears fan and I can tell you’re a hater! Get real Marshall is one of the best in the game at this point. Any team would like to have him. Save your dumb comments for when you talk to your boyfriends on Facebook and twitter!

32. spfripp says: Apr 11, 2013 12:50 PM

He could put up the numbers, there is no question about that but the guy disappears in big games and he never plays well against elite corners.

33. creasy says: Apr 11, 2013 1:11 PM

How did your team fare last year with your #1 receiver and #1 running back? 28th in yards 16th in points and two more losses to GB.

Hopefully Phil gives jay a nice long contract. He just plays so well against us.

34. steelerben says: Apr 11, 2013 1:29 PM

Marshall is one of the best in the league. You could argue top three, top five is beyond arguement.

Say what you will about Jay Cutler, he had a hard time getting the ball out with that offensive line that couldn’t stop a toilet with a roll of paper towels. Forte was looking great even with the line that couldn’t open a hole if their lives depended on it right up until that ankle sprain.

This season, if they get the line together, with Marshall and Forte at 100%, bringing in Black Unicorn, likely adding to the depth at WR in the draft, and using Trestman’s new system, this offense should be fun to watch. If they draft T’eo to replace Urlacher, they’re going to need to score 35+ a game.

35. larryboodry says: Apr 11, 2013 1:48 PM

creasy says: Apr 11, 2013 1:11 PM

“Hopefully Phil gives jay a nice long contract.”

Damn, we agree on something…And I bet this year Jay will play much better against GB, and the Bears will end the recent string of losses to the Pack.

36. ososrule says: Apr 11, 2013 7:02 PM

tokyosandblaster says:
    Apr 11, 2013 1:44 AM
    Good God. Turn him off. It’s too early for him to be this loud.

The only thing loud is your goofy ass. Toyko, I hope you understand that you are the most hated person on this website and you really need to think about finding something better to with you time. So much hare and jealousy, go get laid with your boyfriend or something….

37. filthymcnasty1 says: Apr 11, 2013 10:51 PM

In the previous 2 seasons, the Bears lost a total of 4 games against the Packers. But after they added Brandon Marshall this past offseason…………they still went 0-2 against the Packers.

Same old Jay. Same old Bears.

38. tokyosandblaster says: Apr 12, 2013 6:58 PM

ososrule says:
    Apr 11, 2013 7:02 PM
    tokyosandblaster says:
    Apr 11, 2013 1:44 AM
    Good God. Turn him off. It’s too early for him to be this loud.

—-

Your tears taste so good. So, I can only assume you mean “hate” and jealousy. Then you follow it up with calling me gay. Your argument is rather flawed.

By sheer thumbs down logical voice is CLEARLY the most despised person on this board. Your argument has flaws.

So, how does it feel to be so wrong all the time? I wouldn’t know.

39. west4420 says: Apr 14, 2013 8:30 PM

But Tokyo, you and Filthy are the same type of poster as Logical Voice. It’s borderline psycho type posting and a mental health pro could have a field day breaking down everything from self esteem issues to the need for constant validation be it positive or even negative…..

You aren’t on the Packers dude and it’s ok not to be a total tool all the time. Responding to people attacking is one thing, proactively being the GB version of Logical Voice is another. Scary……..

40. ososrule says: Apr 14, 2013 11:54 PM

Tokyo you really are an idiot.

“As for jealous, my team has the most championships in the sport, and it makes your team look foolish! What have I to be jealous of? Your argument has flaws.

What does “your team’s” anything have to do with Marshall answering questions about how he feels healthwise. sounds to me like you have some serious anger issues. Stay on topic retard and if you can’t take it while you dish it out more than anyone else on here than shut your mouth!

41. tokyosandblaster says: Apr 16, 2013 6:54 PM

I dish out as much as packer fans get.

I am pft’s reckoning.

42. larryboodry says: Apr 16, 2013 7:30 PM

@tokyo:

Maybe if I trolled every GB post just to make trash-talk, I would see all the supposed posts bashing Packer fans…But I doubt it…You and filthymcnasty1 dish out way more than you get, even if you are not delusional like logicalvoice.