Darrelle Revis shows off progress in recovery from torn ACL

darrelle-revis1 Getty Images

We don’t know where Darrelle Revis will play in 2013. But we do know that he’s making good progress in his recovery from the torn ACL that cut short his 2012 season.

The video evidence of that was shown on NFL Network Thursday night, with Revis running on a treadmill and doing agility drills. He’s not all the way back from the injury, which took place in the Jets’ September 23 game against the Dolphins, but he appears to be close enough that there’s little reason to worry about his status for the 2013 season. That’s what Revis is focusing on.

I can’t wait until my name gets called, when I get to run out of the tunnel and just be where I usually [am],” Revis said. “My comfort zone is to go out there and just play ball. . . . I’m just grateful, I just thank God I got a second chance.”

The biggest question for Revis, however, isn’t whether he’ll be ready to play in 2013. It’s where he’ll play in 2013. Revis admits that he doesn’t know if he’ll be with the Jets, or whether they’ll trade him to the Buccaneers or some other team.

“There’s been a lot of talk,” Revis said. “We’ll see what happens, if I’m there or if I’m not. But that’s the next step. That’s the next phase for me in my career, these next couple of weeks.”

Assuming he’s still on the team after this weekend, Revis will report to the Jets’ voluntary workouts on Monday.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Top Stories
16 Responses to “Darrelle Revis shows off progress in recovery from torn ACL”
  1. connorchew says: Apr 12, 2013 9:07 AM

he’s so talented, i’m sure he’ll have a great year. Wherever that may be. Unfortunately, whether it’s new yorks’ media, or just his attitude, the constant crying over more money has lost him a lot of fans. Maybe i’m wrong, but a player shouldn’t hold out, and then threaten to hold out within a few years..

2. jeagan1999 says: Apr 12, 2013 9:09 AM

I’m still not convinced he will be the same player he has been. Since there are no other teams looking to trade for him, the Bucs will move cautiously. The longer this plays out, the fewer chips the Jets have to play with. If I’m the Jets, I take Tampa’s #1, #3 and #6 next year when there will be a better crop of QB talent in the draft. The Jets need to rebuild and Sanchez is not the answer! If the Bucs doctors clear Revis, than they will take a shot…even at 80-90%% he is better than most CB’s in the league…and the Bucs secondary needs help.

3. hater79 says: Apr 12, 2013 9:19 AM

Too bad his name isn’t RG3, then 5000 people would rush on here to declare his career over and his knee a shredded piece of glass.

4. dwnhillwhaler says: Apr 12, 2013 9:42 AM

Why would the Bucks give up so much for this guy? hes coming out of his prime (short one for CBs- speed position) is injury prone at best, uses crybaby tactics to secure a huge contract most of which is paid out to him while hes on the PUP list. And its not like Tampa is a CB away from being super bowl bound. if they want to fill seats Tebow is the one they should be trading for. that area is rotten with gator fans. no one is going to show up to see Revis in street clothes

5. dynaco says: Apr 12, 2013 9:42 AM

We don’t know where Darrelle Revis will play in 2013.
    ————————————————
    Really? I read here a hundred times how the Tampa deal will absolutely happen.

6. green41563 says: Apr 12, 2013 9:50 AM

“If I’m the Jets, I take Tampa’s #1, #3 and #6 next year when there will be a better crop of QB talent in the draft. ”
    _________________________________

Don’t assume that. “Next year’s draft” is always overrated because everyone assumes (a) that all draft-eligible players (Bridgewater, Manziel, Clowney) will necessarily come out; (b) that they will all play as well next season as they did this past year; and (c) that your team will be high enough to draft them even if they remain top prospects and *do* declare for the draft.

7. green41563 says: Apr 12, 2013 10:01 AM

hater79 says:
    Apr 12, 2013 9:19 AM
    __________________________________

Or that he’s superhuman and going to set a record for return from an ACL injury.

8. newjerseygiants says: Apr 12, 2013 10:53 AM

I hear Revis has been sucking on a few deer antlers.

9. green41563 says: Apr 12, 2013 11:17 AM

dwnhillwhaler says:
    Apr 12, 2013 9:42 AM
    ___________________________________

Coming out of his prime? He’s 27. Charles Woodson won Defensive Player of the Year at age 33 in 2009.

Injury prone? He averaged 15.4 starts a season before he blew the ACL—which was a freak incident that can happen to anyone.

10. thesteelers says: Apr 12, 2013 12:06 PM

How long did threaten not to release the video?

11. showmethemtds says: Apr 12, 2013 12:24 PM

Best Corner in the game (yes, I’m looking at you Seattle fans). And no, I’m not a jets fan, bucs fan, or a fan of any team in the nfc west. I just don’t like Optimus Adderall, and Revis has been better longer.

12. bullcharger says: Apr 12, 2013 12:30 PM

hater79 says:Apr 12, 2013 9:19 AM

————————-

RG3 has had two 3 ACL surgeries and he’s only going into year 2. His NFL future is questionable. The skeptics have a point.

13. saintsfan26 says: Apr 12, 2013 12:36 PM

_____________

Ahhh yes I remember that game. That’s the game that Rex Ryan was trying to “put hot sauce on Reggie Bush’s ankle” in the midst of the Saints “bounty” investigation that the league DID NOTHING ABOUT.

14. oldbyrd says: Apr 12, 2013 1:03 PM

Most times it takes a player a year or more to get back 100% Honestly some never make it back all the way. Not taking anything away from him but, asking price is to far to high. I don’t see anybody jumping out the window for him. Also, he’s a head case. Jets were smart, they would get in a position to drat Millner. Once I thought The Eagles would do it. Now, i’m not so sure about him. I’m just a fan but, I’d pass.

15. green41563 says: Apr 12, 2013 1:45 PM

saintsfan26 says: Apr 12, 2013 12:36 PM

___________________________________

Aaaaand . . . Ryan’s been misquoted for the 3000th time. He didn’t say, “We’re going to put some hot sauce on Reggie Bush’s ankle.”

This is what he said:

“Reggie Bush is, everybody knows, he’s a special player,” Ryan said at a media session this week, according to ProFootballTalk.com. “He’s got great speed, that’s the first thing that jumps out at you. He’s shifty. He runs with a little more power than people give him credit for. Obviously we have to do a great job of getting a lot of guys to him and then get him on the ground. Put some hot sauce on him, if you will.”

If you’re suggesting that the statement above is conclusive proof of a directive to injure Reggie Bush, that’s absurd.

16. nobreak1269 says: Apr 12, 2013 2:03 PM

Jets need to keep Revis-period.