Help us pick a topic for today’s PFT

Kansas City Royals v Colorado Rockies Getty Images

We’re making Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports Network more interactive.  And we’re doing that by giving you a chance to vote on the topic with which we’ll close the show.

Today’s menu appears below.  Make your selection, and then tune in at 5:00 p.m. ET for the program, which will feature Scott Pioli in studio and interviews with Barkevious Mingo and John Madden.

Erik Kuselias hosts from Connecticut.  I co-host from West Virginia.  Erik inevitably will make fun of West Virginia.  I inevitably will make fun of Erik’s shirt or tie or hair or pocket square.  Or all of the above.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Help us pick a topic for today’s PFT”
  1. nineroutsider says: Apr 17, 2013 3:31 PM

I voted for “Which RFA would you sign to an offer sheet?”

Speaking of which, why won’t the Bucs consider Sam Shields? He’s younger, cheaper, and healthier than Revis. He would only cost them a second and would be cheaper than Revis. I don’t understand why its Revis or bust for them when Sam Shields has the potential of being almost as good. I guess they prefer to negotiate against themselves.

2. justintuckrule says: Apr 17, 2013 3:38 PM

I’m draft talked out. Let’s debate sportscasters.

Summerall was awesome. Great voice and said the most without saying much which is a talent few current broadcasters possess.

Here’s my rankings:

1) Al Michaels – good voice. don’t talk much.
    2) Jim Nantz – good voice. don’t talk much.
    3) Cris Collinsworth – good voice, talks an “ok” amount
    4) Simms – bad voice, don’t talk much.
    5) Aikman – bad voice, talks an “ok” amount
    6) Buck – terrible voice, talks an “ok” amount

Now…for the rest, in no particular order

Gruden, Mayock, Brian Billick, Moose Johnston, any of the JV squads covering AFC games – Terrible annoying voices that don’t know how to keep quiet and let the game breathe!! Hey Mayock…nobody cares whether that dime CB played well for middle appalachia. Save that talk for day 3 of the draft!!!

3. mjkelly77 says: Apr 17, 2013 3:45 PM

nineroutsider says:Apr 17, 2013 3:31 PM

I voted for “Which RFA would you sign to an offer sheet?”

______________

If the Bucs give more than a 7th rounder for the “privilege” of accepting the salary of Revis, they have the wrong people negotiating on their behalf.

4. Stiller43 says: Apr 17, 2013 3:48 PM

Tuckrule,

Nantz and Simms are the worst thing to happen in football…pretty much ever.

5. peytonsneck18 says: Apr 17, 2013 4:21 PM

nantz isnt that bad, but i agree on simms, but i do miss ol john madden and pat summeral doing fox games back in the day and doing the early madden games

6. justintuckrule says: Apr 17, 2013 4:24 PM

@stiller – As you can see from my post, my criteria is pretty much the quieter you are, the better you are. Simms and Nantz are ok in this regard. What don’t you like about them? Please post your rankings and explain.

7. docta608 says: Apr 17, 2013 4:56 PM

Joe Buck is the worst sportscaster of all time in my opinion, period.
    One game this Joe went on to explain how a touchdown worked in a playoff game. I mean really?Not that Aikman is considerably better, although Buck hasn’t had the same amount of head shots and concussions, so I give Troy some slack.
    Yet week by week FOX gives these two clownshoes the “premiere games” because FOX operates like ESPN on baseball ignoring a vast majority of the league with a few standout exceptions, but focuses on east coast teams or Eastern Conferences anyway.