Prosecutors in Las Vegas have decided to drop felony gambling charges against Broncos safety Quinton Carter.
The Associated Press reports that Carter did not appear in court on Monday when the decision not to prosecute him was made. Carter was facing three felony charges related to an allegation that he added $5 to a craps bet after the dice had been thrown. Andrew Leavitt, Carter’s attorney, said that his client agreed to forfeit $1,000 in bail money as part of the agreement and that there were no official charges ever filed against him in the case.
Leavitt also told the AP that Carter was confused when he added to his bet and that he never intended to commit fraud. With the charges out of the way, Carter will be free to spend the offseason working with the Broncos ahead of his third NFL season. He played just three games last season because of a knee injury.
In the spirit of the original allegations, we’ve decided just now to place a bet that Carter will avoid prosecution. It feels like a winner.