Jaguars to unveil new uniforms tomorrow

15258_10151454671268863_1815786154_n

Lost in the upcoming uniform adjustments planned by the Dolphins and Vikings is that the Jaguars will be unveiling a new look, too.

The Jags get a head start on the other two teams by pulling the sheet off their new stuff on Tuesday.

Apparently, it will be fairly dramatic.

Previously, the team unveiled a new logo.  Over the weekend, we pointed out that the new uniform will have a military vibe.  The helmet will be, according to the team’s Twitter account, revolutionary.

The photo posted at the team’s Facebook suggests it will be gold.  The Uni-Watch blog previously reported that the helmet will fade from gold to black.

Regardless of what it looks like, it’ll be a big change from last year.  It could end up being the most obvious example of Nike’s creative (or, as some would say, ghastly) college uniform configurations infiltrating the NFL.

Permalink 32 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Jacksonville Jaguars, Rumor Mill
32 Responses to “Jaguars to unveil new uniforms tomorrow”
  1. tokyosandblaster says: Apr 22, 2013 1:28 PM

The jags suck.

2. Stiller43 says: Apr 22, 2013 1:31 PM

Do they get a new uni every two years or something?

3. blackandbluedivision says: Apr 22, 2013 1:31 PM

Oh Lawd, they finally brought those Oregon uni’s to the NFL.

4. arrowdead says: Apr 22, 2013 1:32 PM

and then every1 will copy whatever cool new digs they have

5. ctiggs says: Apr 22, 2013 1:36 PM

title “Jaguars to unveil new TEAM tomorrow”. fixed it.

6. caeser12 says: Apr 22, 2013 1:37 PM

The helmet will feature a hologram of Tebow.

7. cajunaise says: Apr 22, 2013 1:39 PM

A “fade from gold to black”…so, the new sheen fades and reveals the same ol’ Jaguars helmet. How apropos.

8. weetsld says: Apr 22, 2013 1:43 PM

I have a strong skepticism about the decision to do a gold helmet when the logo itself is primarily gold. I missed the gold last year, I think its a great accent color, but I think a gold helmet is going too far, the black/teal helmet was already loved by all the fans, and the logo would have looked best on that helmet and still satisfy the revamping of the gold in the unis. I was excited about the changes, until now:/

9. joetoronto says: Apr 22, 2013 1:46 PM

They can’t be any worse than the pyjamas the Bungholes wear, can they?

10. brownoholic says: Apr 22, 2013 1:50 PM

I always wish they’ll come out with helmets that are ALL jaguar print. Like the Bengal’s w a different cat.

That’d be wonderfully tacky.

11. xbox4wwe says: Apr 22, 2013 1:57 PM

As a Jags fan I can admit it does feel like they are unveiling a new uniform every 2 years but with a new coach, GM and owner this should happen. One Jags player already had stated that the uniforms are ” the dopest jerseys in the NFL”. So who knows, but I’m looking forward to the change. It’s a total rebuild of this franchise, so why not change the uniforms as well. Tuesday will start the rebuild, can’t wait. Go Jags!!

12. asimonetti88 says: Apr 22, 2013 2:03 PM

Not too optimistic about this. Nike has a habit of making awful uniforms, and the Seahawks ones they made last year are craptastic too. These sound pretty bad already. I miss the days of plain uniforms when teams did their talking through their play instead of through their fashion.

13. bencoates57 says: Apr 22, 2013 2:14 PM

Jaguars are a high school team. The old logo at least looked classy Aztec. The new one reinforces the high school nick name and makes one wonder: why not the “pumas” or “cougars” or “wildcats.” I guess they couldn’t think of anything the city of Jacksonville is about.

14. dnelson21 says: Apr 22, 2013 2:15 PM

They are unveiling a new brand, not just a new uniform. They updated their old uniforms in 2009, and now they are completely revamping everything with the new ownership and leaders in Jacksonville. Despite all the naysayers, this is an exciting time for the Jags. Can’t wait to see the changes.. and helmet looks awesome.

15. dnelson21 says: Apr 22, 2013 2:17 PM

For those who don’t know.. the helmet fades in the front from black to gold – it’s not completely gold. The logo is supposedly larger than normal, but will likely be in the black area so it doesn’t blend with the gold.

16. jnbnet says: Apr 22, 2013 2:24 PM

Not a Jags fan, but I think it is a good move. When the Bucks revamped their uniforms, it was a big improvement…..and it showed in their “on field play.” The Patriots went from the red uniforms to the flying elvis and we all know how that turned out. The Jags have to move forward….and hope for the best.

17. bencoates57 says: Apr 22, 2013 2:25 PM

A JV uniform for a juvenile franchise.

18. weetsld says: Apr 22, 2013 2:29 PM

dnelson21 says:
    Apr 22, 2013 2:17 PM

If true, this sounds more acceptable. I cant really picture a front to back fade to pre-judge, but that description sounds more like fading from black to gold, and they keep saying its gold to black. But I guess that just semantics if it is in fact black in the front where the logo will be.

19. northshorejag says: Apr 22, 2013 2:33 PM

the mascot should have always some Naval or Spanish roots.

At very least there are ACTUAL Panthers in Florida

20. granadafan says: Apr 22, 2013 2:37 PM

I’ve heard that the new material for the uniforms is oddly similar to a weather-beaten tarp.

21. swagjag says: Apr 22, 2013 2:39 PM

It won’t be a full transformation until they dump play by play announcer Brian Sexton. He has had one memorable call in 16 years. Dude is about as exciting as eating a bowl of cold oatmeal while helping your grandmother pick out new carpet.

22. jpaq68 says: Apr 22, 2013 2:39 PM

I love the Jags, but I have got a really bad feeling about this.

23. aldavis4president says: Apr 22, 2013 2:40 PM

Jaguars are my sleeper team of the year!! Elite RB 3 legit WR and if gabbert can improve, that’s a solid offense imho, better then solid. They NEED to get dion Jordan! And some other pieces on D!
    -raiderFan

24. watermelon1 says: Apr 22, 2013 2:43 PM

This is just as objective as music. Some will hate it, some will love it, and some won’t care.

No point in crying over it.

Uniforms change. Get over it.

They’ve been that teal/turquoise for so long… It’s probably time for a change. I can’t imagine too many people being upset that they might finally have a jersey that fans can wear with jeans and not look ridiculous.

25. bobsacamano49 says: Apr 22, 2013 2:56 PM

I heard the uniform will be all black to mimick the tarps in the stands.

26. deathspiralx says: Apr 22, 2013 3:15 PM

I love the classic, old school uniforms. The one’s that have a long tradition and don’t change every 3 years to match the latest fad or whim of the equipment supplier to the NFL.

Kudos to the teams that’ do not screw around with their logos and uniforms: Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, Chiefs, Browns, Colts, Eagles, Bears, 49’ers, Packers, Saints, Browns.

27. broncosfan29 says: Apr 22, 2013 3:38 PM

The Browns have a logo?

28. dnelson21 says: Apr 22, 2013 3:55 PM

I was going to put some energy into saying a comeback to bobsacamano49 about the tarps statement.. but then I realized that it is the oldest joke and really doesn’t even upset me anymore.. I just feel bad for the uneducated.

29. thenew013 says: Apr 22, 2013 4:23 PM

why hate on a football team changing their uniform? our unis were boring and our logo looked like it had downsyndrome. i wanna at least have the hottest flashiest jerseys in the league if were gonna suck. screw tradition the game gets changed every year so why cant a uniform. most of yall dont watch the jags anyway so what does it matter to u?

30. thestrategyexpert says: Apr 22, 2013 5:24 PM

It’s about time to see a revolutionary new helmet design. Kudos to the Jags I bet it will be awesome. I wish the Lions would do a metallic silver chrome helmet. Maybe the Jags will have something like that.

31. lackofsuprise says: Apr 22, 2013 7:11 PM

I know most don’t care, but I’m really excited. I liked the original uniforms much better than the ones we have been wearing the last few years and I am looking forward to the change.

32. seaeagle707 says: Apr 22, 2013 8:33 PM

Nike turned the Hawks from the worst unis to the most original and classy, last year. But the Jags haven’t looked too shabby, so it’ll be interesting to see if the new ones are an improvement. Jacksonville’s on a roll; new HC and staff, new logo, new unis. Now about the team,……….how new will they be?