Dee Milliner: Jets like me even more after trading Revis

Dee Milliner AP

Former Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner thinks the Jets want to draft him, especially after trading cornerback Darrelle Revis for the Buccaneers’ first-round draft pick.

They like me,” Milliner said of the Jets, via the New York Daily News. “I know they probably like me even more now since they got rid of Revis.”

Most projections have Milliner going earlier than the Jets’ two first-round picks, No. 9 overall and No. 13 overall. But if they are able to use one of their first-round picks on Milliner, they’d get the player widely regarded as the best cornerback in this draft.

Asked how he would feel about filling Revis’ shoes, Milliner said, “I feel fine. I’ll go in and just do what I’m supposed to do, my work. And play the way I’ve been playing.”

Jets G.M. John Idzik would have to be pleased if he can acquire Milliner as a much less expensive replacement for Revis.

Permalink 26 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
26 Responses to “Dee Milliner: Jets like me even more after trading Revis”
  1. theskolbandit says: Apr 25, 2013 6:19 AM

C’mon vikings trade up and get this guy. Shutdown corner needed to cover the likes of Megatron and B Marshall.
    BANDIT

2. 6ball says: Apr 25, 2013 6:31 AM

I know little about this particular player, however many cornerbacks taken very early have not performed at a level commensurate with their draft position.

3. NoobTubeTV says: Apr 25, 2013 6:34 AM

Just a precursor for the Jets to trade their two first round picks to the Browns… or 1 First, 1 Second and a 3/4…

4. blackngoldmachine says: Apr 25, 2013 6:36 AM

Pretty arrogant young lad isn’t he? “they like me…they got rid of Revis”…. shut your mouth and wait. Its obvious you’ll go 1st round, but show some poise.

5. mancave001 says: Apr 25, 2013 6:38 AM

When did all these guys start saying who likes them? I might be wrong, but I don’t remember that in the past. I smell BS. Please don’t make this reality TV.

6. huskersrock1 says: Apr 25, 2013 6:42 AM

They like me, they really like me.

Seriously can these guys learn to shut up.

7. RexCanCoach says: Apr 25, 2013 7:07 AM

There is an excellent chance Milliner will be available at pick #9 tonight.

Temptation for the Jets to pounce will be high.

BUT, it could prove to be an ideal spot for another team like the Vikings to trade up, and Idzik must consider this option strongly. Jets have so many needs that trading down makes sense.

8. blueballz77 says: Apr 25, 2013 7:10 AM

D.j.Hayden is better don’t waste any picks need them all

9. bucrightoff says: Apr 25, 2013 7:41 AM

Agents are telling these guys to do this. Hey if teams can BS this entire process, why not the players? I like it personally.

10. changeup39 says: Apr 25, 2013 7:45 AM

aka the Jets want to draft me but i dont want to go there…someone else please draft me before they can

11. thegronk87 says: Apr 25, 2013 7:51 AM

The three ring circus that is JETS could use another clown….

12. megamore78 says: Apr 25, 2013 7:53 AM

JETS are such a joke, they will try and trade the 9th and 13th back to Tampa for Revis.

13. steeelfann says: Apr 25, 2013 7:59 AM

I know one thing. Bad shoulders tend to not hold up in football.

14. prmpft says: Apr 25, 2013 8:00 AM

if they do draft him – they won’t be losing anything in the cornerback self love department after trading revis…

15. nflsecurity862 says: Apr 25, 2013 8:06 AM

Milliner will be gone by the time the 9th pick is made. The Jets will have to trade with Cleveland or before them in order to snag him.

Otherwise, its Haden and Milliner for a long time in that Cleveland secondary.

16. gallaghedj311 says: Apr 25, 2013 8:45 AM

Someone needs to tell these kids that every team likes every player and it’s a giant game of deception being played and they are the pawns.

17. IBleedBlueBitchez says: Apr 25, 2013 9:09 AM

Firts of all.

Rex can’t coach, he can give a hell of a foot lashing, but he can’t coach. Idzik is an idiot, he will find some way to blow this so that the jets can continue to suck the way they have been sucking for the past 35+ years. That IS A FACT!!

18. imoatravesty says: Apr 25, 2013 9:19 AM

I would rather watch Al Davis via a webcam in his coffin than hear how the Jets will make 5 more parking spaces this year. It gets so old.

19. joemammy says: Apr 25, 2013 9:20 AM

I don’t think that is something I’d brag about.

20. johanvil says: Apr 25, 2013 9:44 AM

If he is drafted by the Jets, then I wish him good luck. He will definitely need it.

21. lrjets says: Apr 25, 2013 10:15 AM

IBleedBlueBitchez says:Apr 25, 2013 9:09 AM

Firts of all.

Betcha Idzik spells “first” correctly.
    But glad you enjoyed the foot lashing Rex gave you.

22. roofcleaningtampa says: Apr 25, 2013 10:59 AM

Milliner will be long gone by the time the Jets pick

23. phxbroncophan says: Apr 25, 2013 11:16 AM

I think this is code for PLEASE anybody trade up to #8!

24. nflfollower says: Apr 25, 2013 11:40 AM

Detroit will be able to trade down after the top 2 tackles are off the board….the jets will want to scoop up this kid at 5 right in front of Cleveland

25. seaeagle707 says: Apr 25, 2013 11:53 AM

Milliner and the Jets would be a perfect matchup. Some of the best surgical centers in the world are in New York City. The Jets are pros when it comes to assigning players to the PUP list.

26. XRayTiD says: Apr 25, 2013 5:22 PM

He’d be a solid replacement if he pans out but I don’t know if he’ll be ready Week 1 and then there’s the question of if they’re going to take him at number 9 or Tavon Austin if they’re both there and will Milliner be available at 13