Round Two Mock Draft

Discover BCS National Championship - Notre Dame v Alabama Getty Images

After assessing each team’s draft needs, offensive and defensive approaches and the prospects still left on the board, here is PFT’s Round Two mock draft:

33. Jaguars: Cornerback Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State

57. Texans: Outside linebacker Damontre Moore, Texas A&M

58. Broncos: Defensive end Margus Hunt, Southern Methodist

59. Patriots: Center Barrett Jones, Alabama

60. Falcons: Defensive end Tank Carradine, Florida State

61. 49ers: Cornerback David Amerson, North Carolina State

62. Ravens: Wide receiver Keenan Allen, California

UPDATE 12:54 p.m. ET on Friday, April 26: A new addition to the mock is Florida International safety Johnathan Cyprien — surely a well-regarded prospect, as some have mentioned in the comments. After further review, he’s in. This bumped down Andre Ellington to No. 56. Also, I switched picks Nos. 40 and 41.

Permalink 146 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
146 Responses to “Round Two Mock Draft”
  1. wvuandsteelers says: Apr 26, 2013 11:24 AM

Still a lot of quality in the 2nd round.

2. mikelitoris1 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:27 AM

Can’t wait. (in my Bart Scott voice)

3. brohamma says: Apr 26, 2013 11:27 AM

I know its a second round mock, but you might want to think about that SF pick with Zach Ertz still on the board.

4. jh012 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:28 AM

As a Cowboys fan I would love to see Lacy fall to them at 47. However, if that did happen they would probably take a 4th round RB instead.

5. loyalpanthersfan says: Apr 26, 2013 11:28 AM

I don’t think the Raiders will waste a second round pick on a QB but this is a unpredictable draft. Panthers will go WR probably, or safety

6. geemoney713 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:29 AM

Where’s John Cyprien? You really don’t think a single safety will go in the second round?

7. coachro66 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:30 AM

8. coltzfan166 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:30 AM

Jarvis and Manti on the same team? By the way, the Jags are “expected” to take a QB in round 2.

9. bonato55 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:30 AM

Eagles better just wait for next years draft and ride Vick out this year……..

10. latchbeam says: Apr 26, 2013 11:31 AM

Wow… lots of talent left! This seems like a really deep draft to me…

11. talkingheadsknowall says: Apr 26, 2013 11:31 AM

Wilkening…..are you high? Get back in your box, Right Now!

12. mtdwest816 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:31 AM

Really? Barkley for the Raiders. C’mon man! Where do they find you guys?! They’d be better off to go either Johnathan Hankins, or Kawann Short, which is probably what will happen. We DO NOT need a QB in this draft until later rounds… Tyler Wilson or Landry Jones in the 4-5 round area. My god, you “experts” aren’t very good with your mock drafts.

13. mobuccsfan says: Apr 26, 2013 11:31 AM

Not bad but I think a few of these picks are off…I think Tampa definitely needs more secondary help and definitely DL help–then depth for the OL and a great TE. They end up with Banks, Taylor or Wreh-Wilson in the second round, I’d be happy. I wonder if they may not try to trade back into second round by moving one of their fourths and/or sixth rounders as well or even a second round pick next year. I don’t think the Ravens go for a WR this round. They still need to address LB first and foremost. Might even be willing to trade up since they have so many picks to ensure they get Minter or Brown.

14. bbrophy1 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:31 AM

big slide for Tank Carradine

15. themackstrong says: Apr 26, 2013 11:32 AM

The Seahawks take a RB in round two? The team doesn’t have much needs but with Lynch & Turbin was just drafted last year in round 4 and looking good behind him. I see them taking another back later because we lost Washington. RT or DT are still possible sports, we also have to replace LB Hill because Smith although athletic, he takes bad angles on running plays and cleaned up by blockers.

16. anybodyinhere says: Apr 26, 2013 11:32 AM

I love the fact there are only 30 picks listed. Should speed things up.

17. pjcostello says: Apr 26, 2013 11:32 AM

I know it’s fun for us all to pick apart mock drafts, and since I hate to deprive myself…

Why would Tennessee select a TE in the 2nd round when they paid big bucks to Delanie Walker in free agency?

Why would the Raiders select a QB in the 2nd round when they just traded for Matt Flynn?

Why would the Buccaneers select a CB in the 2nd round after having traded for/signed Darrelle Revis?

I don’t see Dallas selecting a RB this high, despite injury concerns regarding DeMarco Murray — they have other, more-pressing needs to fill in this spot.

Manti Te’o is not a good fit for Pittsburgh. He needs to be in the middle of a 4-3 defense.

To be honest, most of the rest of the mock draft looks pretty doable to me, with the Ravens and Patriots selecting WRs, the Giants a TE, the Seahawks a RB, and so on… pretty good projections.

18. brento1499 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:32 AM

eagles don’t want geno

19. sorrybengalsfann says: Apr 26, 2013 11:32 AM

What about Cyprien? You don’t have him anywhere on here and he’s the next best safety supposedly. Think the Bengals would take him with at least one of their two picks here.

20. laserrocketarm12 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:32 AM

On paper, these players taken in this second round mock appear better than the ones taken in the first.

Worst first round ever.

21. mtdwest816 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:33 AM

Or maybe even Larry Warford for the Raiders, whom you don’t even have listed in the 2nd round.

22. laserrocketarm12 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:33 AM

I’d love for the Raiders to snatch Manti or the Ohio State nose tackle at 42!

23. logicalvoicesays says: Apr 26, 2013 11:33 AM

This is where the Redskins show it’s superiority over the league. Drafting championship caliber teams in drafts. #BurgundyandGoldStandard

24. mazblast says: Apr 26, 2013 11:33 AM

Considering the “accuracy” of all the “experts” in predicting the first round, I think my Steelers are safe from falling for the hype surrounding the rapidly falling Manti Te’uh-oh.

25. jbaxt says: Apr 26, 2013 11:34 AM

Where’s the Albert trade info. Surely with Miami trade up for a DE means they’ll now trade their 2nd for Albert?

26. bettis3636 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:35 AM

Pittsburgh would NEVER draft Te’u..!!

27. hines86for6 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:35 AM

get that Two nonsense out ta here for Pittsburgh.

whoever they deem BPA from Minter, Arthur Brown, Keenan Allen, Robert Woods.

28. thestrategyexpert says: Apr 26, 2013 11:36 AM

I don’t think the Lions would take Winters the OG over Menelik Watson if they go OL. Watson appears to be graded by most teams as the higher BPA, so the Lions will probably have one guy left that is super high on their board. Could be Watson or they still might want another DE, a CB, or they might even be smitten with one of those WRs as both Woods and Hunter were pre-draft visits too.

29. rboutote says: Apr 26, 2013 11:36 AM

No way the Jets take Nassib there. I’d rather see them grab the TE Ertz from Standford at 39.

30. discountdoublecheck says: Apr 26, 2013 11:36 AM

Why in the heck would Seattle take a RB, especially this early in the draft?

Robert Turbin proved a more than capable backup to Marshawn Lynch last year.

I like Bernard a lot, this just makes zero sense for the Hawks.

31. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Apr 26, 2013 11:36 AM

If it goes this way, the Vikings might regret trading out of the second and third round.

32. richiesaurus310 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:36 AM

Yesterday’s first round proved why mock drafts are a giant waste of time.

33. racerx1225 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:37 AM

Raiders taking Barlley is hilarious! So funny! Thanks for the laugh but no chance they go QB. Flynn is Reggie’s guy. End of story. They still need a DT. They dont need a QB and besides they are going with best player available, not needs.

34. chc4 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:37 AM

Has Damontre Moore really slipped that far? Hope he’s still there for the Falcons @ 60.

35. brohamma says: Apr 26, 2013 11:38 AM

anybodyinhere says:Apr 26, 2013 11:32 AM

I love the fact there are only 30 picks listed. Should speed things up.
    ============================
    Classic!

36. inyofaceagain says: Apr 26, 2013 11:39 AM

Eagles gonna draft Geno so they have 2 bad QBs that are turnover machines

37. Cereal says: Apr 26, 2013 11:39 AM

Te’o to the Steelers, that sounds about right. He pretends to have girlfriends they pretend to be relevant

38. skinsfansince71 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:41 AM

The Redskins need help in the secondary so why would they pick up a linebacker?

39. screbels89 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:41 AM

Raiders need DL help. Give me Tank or Hankins from OSU

40. broncobrewer says: Apr 26, 2013 11:41 AM

I don’t think Te’o goes until earliest fifth or possibly undrafted bc if his disappearing act in the championship game. Oh and he’s nuts

41. listerineman says: Apr 26, 2013 11:42 AM

your mock would make atlanta behind vikings the 2nd winner of this draft. and i dont like that.

42. inyofaceagain says: Apr 26, 2013 11:42 AM

Cereal says:

——-

CONGRATULATION
    Lame Te’o joke #100,000

43. schmitty2 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:43 AM

Why would the Niner’s draft a NT when they got Glenn Dorsey from the Chief’s?

44. lanjoith says: Apr 26, 2013 11:44 AM

SD will take Terron Armstead in round 2. Take that to the bank.

45. brohamma says: Apr 26, 2013 11:44 AM

Saints forfeit and Brownies were supplemental fyi

46. gadzod says: Apr 26, 2013 11:44 AM

If Cyprien is there at #46, the Bills are absolutely taking him (Either him or Arthur Brown). No way the 2nd round goes without a safety…..

47. gbatap says: Apr 26, 2013 11:45 AM

Arthur Brown and Jonathan Cyprien say hi.

Also Will Davis is a little small to play tackle.

48. mobuccsfan says: Apr 26, 2013 11:47 AM

I can see Pitt taking LB but not Teo and definitely Allen or Woods–they will want another receiver. Also wouldn’t be surprised if Cyrpien (sp?) falls that they take him to help secondary as Troy is always hurt/injured and getting up there in age as well.

I agree, Seattle could but probably won’t take a RB–not in this round anyways, they have other needs. Primarily at LB still.

And to the guy that said why would Tampa take another Corner. Seriously? Did you not see how terrible their pass defense was last year. Right now they have Mevis–coming off an injury and no guarantee to be the same player; Wright who is okay but not that great and not sure why they even signed him last year in the first place, Barber who may or may not come back so that is a big question mark; even then if he does, he would only be a nickel and is getting older (facts are facts) and then Leonard Johnson who I think can become better but not fast enough and I think some guy named Gorrer and Lewis who is awful. They need secondary help still. Another solid CB like Taylor, Banks or Wehr-Wilson would be a great pick-up.

It is my hopes that is what happens and then they trade somehow back into the second round (after seeing some of what picks were given up to trade last night in the first, I don’t think it would cost too much to get back in the second this year) and nab the best remaining DT or DE to help their pass rush–or the best remaining TE as Tampa definitely needs a solid TE that can block and catch passes–maybe even get vertical to give Freeman another weapon.

I also don’t agree with the Raiders taking a QB–not here at least–I think they wait until later rounds and grab Landry Jones or Bray, etc. I think this round Reggie finally addresses the needs on the DL and there is some quality there for sure.

Lastly, yes with the Jets who knows. I think at this point they would be better trying to get one of the better remaining receivers–Hunter, Allen or Woods–keep them away from potentially NE or Buffalo and give Sanchez a weapon and/or a chance next year to improve on offense. or they can go with Jones to help the OL, which could also help the offense. But it is the Jets and so taking Nassib could very well happen here. I just think Idzik wants to ride out Sanchez and be done with him and Ryan next year–therefore, letting the new coach be involved in selecting their next QB.

49. navyeoddavee9 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:48 AM

Cowboys take Jones, the center from Alabama

50. raiderdaddy says: Apr 26, 2013 11:49 AM

Really?! The Raiders pick a project QB in the 2nd rd?

51. eightysixisback says: Apr 26, 2013 11:49 AM

no way the steelers take te’o. That is ridiculous. I would think after getting jones in the 1st that RB, WR, CB, or Safety are all a much higher priority than another LB at this point.

52. thebrownswillalwaysloose says: Apr 26, 2013 11:50 AM

No way Cyprien and Arthur Brown don’t go in Round 2. Ravens would not pass on Brown at that point.

53. beckzhere says: Apr 26, 2013 11:50 AM

Would love to see Tank or Margus land in Atlanta.

54. mobuccsfan says: Apr 26, 2013 11:51 AM

I don’t think Bernard will be as good as that kid from Michigan State–so even if a team picks a RB–they’d be better off taking him (name escapes me).

Ertz would make sense for the Jets as well–something on offense as they did lose Keller who often was a safety valve for Sanchez.

And the Lions should definitely take Watson if they go OL, secondary or yes, Hunter or Woods would be a nice addition to the WR corps and possibly help Megatron out.

55. wohg says: Apr 26, 2013 11:51 AM

Don’t see Arthur Brown sliding into the 3rd.

56. Leon Sandcastle says: Apr 26, 2013 11:52 AM

I hope I get drafted before Geno Smith. This is killin’ my endorsements…

57. blitzdorsey1 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:52 AM

Hilarious that the Browns don’t have a second-round pick. They will continue to be awful for years. Only their owner being the centerpiece of an FBI investigation could make this any better. (Oh wait.)

58. trollhammer20 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:52 AM

Seattle taking a RB?

This only proves that just because the media is more inclined to say nice things about the Seahawks now, that they still don’t know very much about the team.

Lynch, Turbin, and probably some guy they pick with one of the four sevenths they have….that will be their RB lineup this year.

Today’s pick will be OLB (biggest single need right now), DL/OL (can definitely use depth/competition on both units), and just maybe a TE or WR.

59. mullman76 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:52 AM

The Raiders will not be taking Barkley in the 2nd round.

Try again.

60. nflfollower says: Apr 26, 2013 11:53 AM

I think Detroit will draft that discuss thrower from great Britain who had a good showing at that open combine at cowboys stadium. He’s only got 9 less collegiate starts than the guy they took in the first round, and hey, he’s big and fast! —–a depressed lions fan.

61. bigtrav425 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:53 AM

no way Eagles take a QB again

62. themagicman1223 says: Apr 26, 2013 11:57 AM

The Seahawks don’t need another running back…

63. 27xplayoffs says: Apr 26, 2013 11:58 AM

Rick Spielman is a Magician says:Apr 26, 2013 11:36 AM

——–

I’m trying not to think about it. It was a gutsy call by Spielman, I hope he is vindicated in the end.

64. rushmatic says: Apr 26, 2013 12:00 PM

Barrett Jones? I don’t see this at all. Ryan Wendell earned himself a 3-year contract last year.

65. granadafan says: Apr 26, 2013 12:03 PM

When all said is done, I’d love to see a spreadsheet on all the final mock drafts (ESPN, NFL network, PFT, Sportingnews, etc) versus the actual draft results. I realize it’s tough to predict the trades, but that’s what makes it fun.

66. tuckyous says: Apr 26, 2013 12:03 PM

Can’t see Giants passing on Cyprien, Amerson, Minter, A. Brown, Hunt, or Carradine for a TE.

67. nurustx says: Apr 26, 2013 12:05 PM

highly doubt keenan allen will fall that far

68. elledaddy says: Apr 26, 2013 12:06 PM

Cant see the Giants passing on Short,Minter,Tank and Moore to get Gavin Escobar when we just signed Myers and really like A Robinson

69. mobuccsfan says: Apr 26, 2013 12:07 PM

Agreed–Seachickens don’t need another RB–
    @nflfollower

Hey, sorry. The Lions have to eventually win consistently and get the big monkey off-their back. Trust me, being a Tampa fan isn’t too much easier most seasons.

Not sure who commented but yes, if this draft shakes this way for ATL–as a Buccs fan, not going to be very excited…I think the Saints bounce back and contend again, ATL will still be tough but most likely choke in the playoffs and Carolina is going to be much improved–drafting Star last night was huge for them. They fix that secondary and add some WR help, watch out for them. Tampa might go 7-9 or 8-8 and still finish fourth in that division. Biased, perhaps, but I think that division and the NFC West (finally) are the two tougher divisions. Pound for pound, Seattle and St. Louis are keeping up with the 9ers. I think the NFC East is over-rated each year and is based too much on past history.

Another great division that has to get even better once the Browns turn the corner–is the AFC North. Although, I think the Ravens fall down a few pegs this season. It very well is a three-team race though, I think with 10-6 taking that division between the Bengals, Steelers and Ravens.

70. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Apr 26, 2013 12:08 PM

Okay, let me get this straight. So, the Pats take the guy the vkings should have taken, with one of the 4 picks they stole from the vikings? What did the vikes do to p*** BB off so bad? Is it still the “Chilly Effect?”

71. raiderrob21 says: Apr 26, 2013 12:09 PM

I dont see Raiders taking Barkley. Id really like Zack Ertz at #42, but I think he will be gone. Next I would LOVE Eddie Lacey at #42! I think someone will trade past us to take him. If hes there REG GET HIM!!! I wanted Steven Jackson in FA but that wasnt going to happen. Lacey will be GREAT at #42.

RAIDER NATION!!!!

72. wludford says: Apr 26, 2013 12:10 PM

Who’s backup QB for the 9ers? Might they go for Barkley?

73. laxman1944 says: Apr 26, 2013 12:10 PM

If Howie/Chip draft Geno…..please…i’d rather draft Big Bird for crying out loud…Geno took 2 safties in ONE game!!!!!!!! This guy is not “A Guy”….just draft def. please

74. jrmbadger says: Apr 26, 2013 12:11 PM

I wouldn’t expect the Packers to take another D-Lineman. I would assume it would be a safety.

I could also see the Packers moving up to snag Watson at Tackle or Lacy

75. tedmurph says: Apr 26, 2013 12:11 PM

Like the Pats picks, but now that they have a little ammo, I can’t see them waiting till #52 for their 1rst pick. I think they move up to get either CB Wrent-wilson or JTaylor. Then, hopefully, still get WR Woods, KAllen, Patton or Williams. They do need interior OL depth(BJones), but it can wait.

76. Mike Wilkening says: Apr 26, 2013 12:12 PM

Appreciate the comments & the reasoning behind them. Only 30 second-round picks made it a little tougher to get everyone in.

Re: the lack of safeties — I considered multiple ones, Cyprien among them, and I will not be surprised if he’s picked.

Enjoy Rounds Two and Three tonight.

Mike

77. finsrule2222 says: Apr 26, 2013 12:13 PM

I feel like a fool questioning a second round mock draft when we know that most of these picks will be wrong, but if John cyprien falls to the 3rd round someone is gonna get a helluva steal. I go to FIU and that kid is a stud. Could turn out to be the best safety in this draft

78. ill42 says: Apr 26, 2013 12:14 PM

“If the Cowboys pick Eddie Lacy in the 2nd round (even though I like the 1st round pick) that would be a good pick up…”

You might be the only person on the planet who liked the cowboys 1st rd pick….well, you and Jerry Jones

79. bhindenemylines says: Apr 26, 2013 12:14 PM

As a Cowboys fan, after the first round SNAFU, I’ll just be happy if they pick someone that I’ve heard of.

80. johnstone17 says: Apr 26, 2013 12:15 PM

No way the Raiders take ANY Qb in the second round.

81. yssupasigninnamnotyep says: Apr 26, 2013 12:15 PM

Barkley to the Raiders? That is frickin’ hilarious. No way Reggie picks another SoCal bust…man, what a stupid pick.

82. stevincinci says: Apr 26, 2013 12:18 PM

Why would the Bengals take a CB instead of a Safety? They just got Dre Kirkpatrick in the first round last year for CB. Not to mention they have Leon Hall, Adam Jones and Terrance Newman under contract for the next couple of years. I guess it’s possible though.

83. phatbuddha57 says: Apr 26, 2013 12:18 PM

Raider Nation would happily welcome in Barkley we need that leadership,I also wouldn’t mind getting Woods both future pro bowlers snagging either one in 2nd round is a steal

84. baddegg says: Apr 26, 2013 12:19 PM

Why would the Redskins take a linebacker if Cyprien was on the board to meet their glaring need at Safety. Unlike the linebacker, Cyprien would start right away. This is not even realistic.

85. wludford says: Apr 26, 2013 12:21 PM

Rick Spielman is a Magician says:Apr 26, 2013 11:36 AM

—————

No way. Patterson has more talent and upside than any WR they would’ve got in the 2nd round, and is a playmaker as a KR too. Giving up the late 3rd and early 4th round picks to move up really means losing a couple picks for guys you hope can contribute, and develop into starters, but not day 1. Vikings don’t need that at LB, their only real need right now. Besides they can still draft a LB in the 4th with their other pick.

Sure, the Patriots could draft another Tom Brady with one of those picks, but odds are you get a couple of servicable guys for a few years at best with those picks. I’d rather have a starter and a playmaker at a key skill position than a coupla plugs you hope work out someday.

86. thestrategyexpert says: Apr 26, 2013 12:21 PM

mobucsfan:

I would LOVE to see the Lions trade down to the 15-25 range. I think there’s a nice sweet spot in that range for us and the consideration could be used to elevate some later picks and keep our pick count the same or lower so we can pry into another sweet range in the 3rd and or 4th.

87. mobuccsfan says: Apr 26, 2013 12:21 PM

Just read NFL.com’s second round mock for the fun of it–slow day at work. I actually think is is a pretty decent one and I could see several of those picks going that way. Some of the picks that just make more sense. Still a few head scratchers for sure but they are Mock Drafts. Still going to be a surprise or two tonight in the second round and even possibly the third round. That I think is the safest bet of them all.

88. radrntn says: Apr 26, 2013 12:22 PM

raiders will go with in order, ertz, or de like hunt, carradine, moore, or fs-cyprien,dt- jenkins,hankins , or mlb- minter , teo

89. bunjy96 says: Apr 26, 2013 12:25 PM

Believe Bucs will take either Hankins (NT) or Watson (OT). Those holes still exist.

Take care of them and then they should be able to go BPA rest of the draft.

90. elwaysteeth says: Apr 26, 2013 12:25 PM

There is no way the Raiders take a QB in the second round. Especially a QB from USC. USC QB=Bust………….Lesson learned.

91. brooksob53 says: Apr 26, 2013 12:26 PM

Thank goodness your not in the Bengals war room.

92. austinva says: Apr 26, 2013 12:26 PM

umm nice try but skins are goin db hahaha lb thats funny

93. wludford says: Apr 26, 2013 12:28 PM

Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    Apr 26, 2013 12:08 PM

————-

Is that the best Packer-spin you’ve got on the Vikings hitting it out of the park in the 1st round? You must still be despondent.

94. somekat says: Apr 26, 2013 12:30 PM

Eagles will go with Carrigan or Cyprien (Who I can’t believe you have slipping through the entire round). I don’t think the Eagles have any interest in Smith. He can’t run, his college numbers prove it (and those usually against bad defenses). If they are going to give a slightly mobile qb a shot, may as well let Foles do it.

IMO, the Eagles will focus on defense for the next few rounds

95. larryboodry says: Apr 26, 2013 12:32 PM

Bears need a long-term answer at LB, I’d see them drafting Minter or Brown ahead of a DT…Still wish they had nabbed Ogletree in the first, and Long in the second.

96. rtant2013 says: Apr 26, 2013 12:33 PM

Redskins take a linebacker while a 1st round talented safeties in Cyprien and Swearinger is still out there? That’s just plain ignorant, did you guys think while doing this or did you just rush through it? And Gio Bernard will go before Lacy, and both will be gone before the Cowboys pick. I see Gio going to the Bengels. But Bernard is the better player then Lacy.

97. thegenoatkinsdiet says: Apr 26, 2013 12:34 PM

Bengals will take Cyprien at #37 and Bernard at #53 (if available, as your mock says he will be)

98. libertynotsecurity says: Apr 26, 2013 12:37 PM

Even though Kevin Minter would be a nice addition, the Redskins have a more glaring need at safety than at LB. If Cyprien is still on the board you have to go with that talent instead.

99. steelcityfinest13 says: Apr 26, 2013 12:38 PM

This is what he thinks…then it must be ok for me to think that i play basketball like lebron james!!!! ( i suck at hoops by the way)

100. kylexitron says: Apr 26, 2013 12:39 PM

The seahawks have Turbin and Lynch along with a stable of running backs that are consistently there in training camp, why would they spend their first pick on a RB? Makes 0 sense unless you feel they are just trying to replace Leon Washington as a return or possibly backing up Robinson at FB to eventually take over for him. Neither of these moves seem like a wise move with their first pick of the draft.

IMO hawks take Margus Hunt in case Clemons can’t get healthy ever again, and keep in mind avril’s deal is only 2 years. Or they could take Tyrann Matheiu as a nickel CB since Winfield will probably be done after this season. Or any of the plethora of OLB talent left, likely Khaseem Greene, to replace Leeroy Hill.

RB makes 0 sense.

101. classactcalvin81 says: Apr 26, 2013 12:42 PM

I am really getting tired of these crybaby Lions fans!! Give Siggy a chance and if he pans out all u losers will b on here saying ” oh I’ve loved this guy since day 1 “…. UNREAL! On a side note would love to c Armstead, carradine, or Okafor in the 2nd for us..GO D!!

102. coughlinsredcheeks says: Apr 26, 2013 12:42 PM

Really? A TE over a LB (Arthur Brown, Minter, Greene) DE (Carradine, Moore) or even a CB? TE to the Giants isn’t happening

103. brohamma says: Apr 26, 2013 12:43 PM

The “Honey Badger” goes to New England at 59.

104. pittsburghfan71 says: Apr 26, 2013 12:45 PM

Steelers wont draft Te’o or any other linebacker in the 2nd round. If Lacey doesn’t fall to us then we should think wr but not reach for one. If there is nothing besides a reach trade down a few spots get a wr and an extra pick of get a DB. Pick up a RB in the third. Last year our offense was bad mostly due to a non-existant running game.

This is a passing league but having a solid running back takes a lot of the pressure off your quarterback and moves the chains. The Vikings record would have been bad if they didn’t have AP to move the chains. I’m not saying that we will get somebody anywhere near the caliber of AP but we need somebody better than Dwyer and Redman if we want to make the playoffs this year.

105. gtizzo says: Apr 26, 2013 12:46 PM

I don’t understand why draft guru’s look at the needs of teams. Listening to ESPN need isn’t a good measure of talent. Aren’t teams just suppose to take the best player on the board and not worry if he fits or not? Then why attempt to figure out a teams needs…just list the second round picks based on who is the most talented and work your way down. Course the media isn’t known for making sense so why should there mock drafts.

106. rkt4mayor says: Apr 26, 2013 12:52 PM

Can’t believe my post got deleted but let me reiterate:

If Nick Foles is not “mobile” enough for Chip Kelly’s offense than how is Geno Smith?

Both are pocket passers.

107. cup1981 says: Apr 26, 2013 1:00 PM

Te’o to my Black -N- Gold in round 2… Love it. Doubt it will actually happen, but I love the idea of it.

108. zzr600guy says: Apr 26, 2013 1:00 PM

Jesse Williams would be a solid pick but after getting Datone GB can addreds other needs. In this case keenan allen or montee ball.

109. geniusesq says: Apr 26, 2013 1:00 PM

No way the Redskins take a linebacker with Safeties like Cyprien & corners like Amerson still on the board.

But the Steelers would be getting richer with Teo and Jarvis Jones

110. mobuccsfan says: Apr 26, 2013 1:02 PM

@bunjy96

I’m not opposed to either one of those picks–except I really think the secondary needs to be upgraded more and this will most likely the last round to get those kind of players–banks, wehr-wilson or taylor–almost first round grades for some of them.

I really wish Tampa had two second round picks–which is why I’d hope they at least explore getting back into the second round somehow without giving up too much. I guess with Clabo and Winston and a few other serviceable OL out there as FA, I’d rather Tampa try that after the draft if still need OL help. In the draft they need to definitely find another CB, a DT/DE and a TE above all else. With seven picks-as of now to do that–I think it can be done. I really wouldn’t even worry about a QB in rounds 4-6 like some have projected. Make due with Free, Orlovsky and Weber this year. Free either makes it and shows he is the franchise QB the teem needs long-term or they can draft better talented QB in next year’s draft–with a much better talent pool projected.

111. joeyashwi says: Apr 26, 2013 1:08 PM

I’m a Packer fan but wow did Minny hit it out of the park. First of all, they didn’t give up four picks for Patterson, they basically gave up a three, four, and seven. Consider their two as the Patterson pick. Floyd at 23? Steal!
    I loved the Pack pick but have to give Minnesota credit. It’s better to get three guys you want than six who just happen to fall to you. Was hoping Te’o would go to the Bears. After facing Urlacher for years, that would have made things much more fun for Rodgers and the gang.

112. ninetysixer says: Apr 26, 2013 1:11 PM

Te’o and the steelers, how fitting, LOLZ!

113. bleedgreen11 says: Apr 26, 2013 1:14 PM

Eagles will not (read: better not) grab Geno Smith.. need secondary help now.

114. pushingiron says: Apr 26, 2013 1:16 PM

I don’t think the teams are that smart…..

115. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Apr 26, 2013 1:24 PM

27xplayoffs says:Apr 26, 2013 11:58 AM

Rick Spielman is a Magician says:Apr 26, 2013 11:36 AM

——–

______

wludford is probably right. Patterson has way more talent than any of these 2nd-round wide receivers but he probably will take some time to get up to speed. Meanwhile, he’ll return kicks, run deep, and take over Percy’s bubble screens.

116. 8to80texansblog says: Apr 26, 2013 1:29 PM

Would be really happy to see DaMonster in a Texans uni! Plus you know Kubiak loves to acquire Aggies!

117. steeelfann says: Apr 26, 2013 1:37 PM

Steelers taking another linebacker with needs at safety, running back, receiver, oline, dline;

No way linebacker.

118. dartwick says: Apr 26, 2013 1:46 PM

There is no way the Steelers take Manti Te’o in the second round.

It looks like this is random guessing.

119. therealpittbull says: Apr 26, 2013 1:47 PM

The Texans would NEVER take more, much for the same reasons of not taking Patterson in the first round. They don’t draft guys with completely screwed up character issues. I look for them to trade up and lock in the middle LB they want to play along side of Cushing. Could be Minter of Te’o at this point. But Moore, you’re completely just filling in names in this mock draft.

120. vincentbojackson says: Apr 26, 2013 1:57 PM

Can’t see any way Manti and Lacy slide that far. Bengals probably nab one of them with their first pick.

121. mobuccsfan says: Apr 26, 2013 2:09 PM

Man I must be bored and asking for punishment…just read some incoherent rambling from Rosenthal on NFL.com about how the Buccaneers should take Geno Smith as he is a good fit. It wasn’t the only team he listed but the fact that he said TB as a good fit made me want to throw the computer monitor. ReallY? Tampa drafts this guy and I might have to seriously tune this team out until he is gone. Ugh. Where do all of these writers/supposed experts etc come up with this garbage? Tampa doesn’t address DT/DE, CB and TE before a QB, then I’m done as a fan for the next few seasons or until they fire Dominik–which I think this might be his last year if he doesn’t get that talent needed to get this team into the playoffs.

122. djax10isthebomb says: Apr 26, 2013 2:23 PM

This is pretty awful, I hope your mock 2nd round doesn’t come true whatsoever.

123. vtsquirm says: Apr 26, 2013 2:34 PM

No way skins pass on cyprien if he’s there at51

124. pantherpro says: Apr 26, 2013 2:35 PM

Raiders blow it again with 2nd round pick after 1st round stretch. Maybe the want to tarf off everything but first deck of stadium. There will be be trash at the O!

125. hawksfannorth says: Apr 26, 2013 2:37 PM

I can see that whomever made this up doesn’t know a thing about the Seahawks. RT, DT, TE or OLB are far greater needs for this team. Runningback? That’s flat nuts, Honey Bear is more likely than a RB.

126. steelcurtainn says: Apr 26, 2013 2:40 PM

Would love to see the steelers pick lacy, ball, hunter, woods or keenen allen this round. And/or possibly ertz. I dont see Te’o coming to the burgh.

127. krax2b says: Apr 26, 2013 3:00 PM

Soooo…The Steelers are going to take Jarvis Jones and Manti Teo??? I don’t think so.

128. phillynorth says: Apr 26, 2013 3:13 PM

No Way Eagles take Smith there. If they didn’t take him n the first, then they don’t value him as a second. When they clearly have a position need, they would have taken a QB in round 1 if they felt he was the fit. I see them taking Cyprien at number 35. He’s that stud safety that they have been lacking since BDawk.

129. flipola says: Apr 26, 2013 3:16 PM

Tennessee took a much needed guard in round one. Now’s the time to draft defense. We need DE, CB, and S. Just because Hunter was a Vol, doesn’t mean they’re going to take him.

130. hawkstradamus says: Apr 26, 2013 3:17 PM

Useless mock drafts are so two days ago. presumptuous draft grades are what’s hot now.

131. Dream_Machine says: Apr 26, 2013 3:25 PM

Seahawks just might draft a RB in the 2nd. When was the last time the Seahawks actually drafted someone that you thought was one of their needs in the round? Seahawks FO will throw a curveball, same thing Wilkening is thinking.

132. valid1 says: Apr 26, 2013 3:32 PM

If the Ravens actually get Keenan Allen at the end of the 2nd and Arthur Brown is still on the board for a trade up in the third, I will do a back flip.

133. laxcoach37 says: Apr 26, 2013 3:45 PM

Dolphins – picking Will Davis? for gosh sakes he does not even have a hyperlink to his name! LOL This CB might be a talent at 6ft with 4.42 40 time, but seriously he is a late 5th or 6th rounder. I never even heard of Utah State.

The Dolphins have already worked a Trade and will move up early for a CB or TE unless. The Tackle thing is going to be a Clabo or Winston FA signing. Please no thank you Albert. We do not need another overpaid, part-time LT.

134. vjbarrios says: Apr 26, 2013 3:50 PM

Wow, they really think the Packers are going to select another DL in the 2nd round??

135. farvite says: Apr 26, 2013 3:51 PM

Amerson to Green Bay would make my day.

136. deltaoracle says: Apr 26, 2013 3:54 PM

Wouldn’t be surprised if GB goes DL again, but they could also go for another WR like Patton or a RB – Bell or Franklin, most likely. Maybe Swearinger at S or OL Bahktiari in the 3rd.

137. thirdistheworrd says: Apr 26, 2013 3:57 PM

laxcoach37 says: Apr 26, 2013 3:45 PM

________
    Will Davis is a good player will be a great pick-up for the Dolphins, or whoever picks him up- in the fifth round. If Ireland takes him ahead of Amerson, BW Webb, or even Robert Alford, security should just stand aside and let the lynch mob into his office.

138. thirdistheworrd says: Apr 26, 2013 4:01 PM

phillynorth says: Apr 26, 2013 3:13 PM

________
    I gave you a thumbs-up for being correct, although as a Skins fan, I’d be horrified to have to play him twice a year. The idea that he slips into the third is completely ridiculous, especially when people thought the Niners were trading up for Cyprien in the first.

139. kenstabler says: Apr 26, 2013 4:09 PM

Insane to think that the Raiders will take Barkley with all of the other needs they have. Al is no longer there guys! They will go Defensive T or TE, RT or possibly trade down again if the guy they want is not there. I like Barkley, but way to many holes to fill for them to take a QB at #2.

140. seaeagle707 says: Apr 26, 2013 4:25 PM

WTH do we need with another running back? We’ve already got Lynch and Turbin as power backs, Harvin as a utility back, Robinson at fullback, Wilson under center (who is a smart and good runner) and Zach Miller. We aren’t the Jets and we don’t need to overstock in one area when there are more pressing needs in others.

GO HAWKS!!!

141. rg3andthensome says: Apr 26, 2013 4:31 PM

I was amazed to see that a guy with half a brain could format such poor picks into a legible article….You think the Skins will take a LB over a DB of any type? Have you been following football for the past few years? Or did you just wander over from the Martha Stewart Channel?

142. pitt4059 says: Apr 26, 2013 4:38 PM

You’re projecting the Steelers will take Manti T’eo after picking a LB in the 1rst round? C’mon! RB, WR, TE, or CB are priorities right now. Get with the program!!

143. axespray says: Apr 26, 2013 5:12 PM

I’ll be happy as heck if Jesse Williams is still available when we’re on the clock.

144. nativeraider says: Apr 26, 2013 5:16 PM

Oh yea Matt Barkley! We totally need a QB after trading for 1 and even more since our D was historically bad. (sarcasm)

145. kenstabler says: Apr 27, 2013 10:47 AM

Barkley now makes sense in the fourth round. Not the second.

146. wydok says: Apr 29, 2013 9:52 PM

Hindsight being what it is, this was all sorts of wrong.