Jesse Williams brings tats and talent to Seattle

YOLO AP

Alabama defensive tackle Jesse Williams, arguably a steal in the fifth round of the 2013 draft, has an extensive collection of skin art.  An Australian, Williams’ tattoos include the following sentence on his right hand:  “I stopped checking for the monster under the bed when I realized the monster is me.”

He also has the popular “YOLO” acronym tattooed down the left side of his face, by his ear.

“I’ve had that for a couple of years,” Williams told reporters after he was picked.  “It’s something my mom always used to tell me, and I try to live that most of the time.  You Only Live Once, I have to make the most of the opportunities.  My whole journey, coming from Australia, to Arizona, then Alabama, then continue my way to Seattle I think.  It’s been sort of a bit of a jumble, and me trying to make the most of the opportunities I’ve been given.  It’s been a tough road, I try to live it sort of on a daily basis; one opportunity, I try to take it and make the most of it, as best I can to live my life and try to be the best person I can.”

The approach has worked well for Williams.  In his two years at Alabama, the team won two national titles.  With the Seahawks, Williams could end up with three straight championships.

Permalink 38 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
38 Responses to “Jesse Williams brings tats and talent to Seattle”
  1. pathsovglory says: May 2, 2013 10:50 PM

Beastmode, Legion of Boom, DangeRuss, Dick Sherman, Kamtrak, Seahulk, now Tha Monstar!

2. randallflagg52 says: May 2, 2013 10:51 PM

Getting a tattoo on your face is pretty stupid thing you can do. Getting a tattoo on your face that reads “YOLO” is the stupidest thing you can do.

3. minnesotablizzard says: May 2, 2013 10:52 PM

I’d be willing to bet that having “YOLO” tattooed on his face cost him to drop two rounds.

4. kathleenturnersoverdrive says: May 2, 2013 10:55 PM

These kids and their stupid tattoos…

5. decon49 says: May 2, 2013 11:00 PM

he wont be chasing anyone down if those knees don’t hold up, theres a reason why he fell off so many draft boards

6. revhein says: May 2, 2013 11:10 PM

3 years from now, we’ll look back and Williams and Lattimore will be seen as the two biggest steals of this draft

7. aresarrow says: May 2, 2013 11:23 PM

Just sack the quarterback and all is forgiven.

8. mazblast says: May 2, 2013 11:23 PM

kathleenturnersoverdrive says: May 2, 2013 10:55 PM

These kids and their stupid tattoos…
    —————————————-
    As opposed to their non-stupid tattoos?

9. dylanssongwriter says: May 2, 2013 11:26 PM

They might try winning the NFC West first

10. Canyonero says: May 2, 2013 11:32 PM

Dental plan, on the other hand, he’s going to have to work on that when he gets to Seattle

11. hendeeze says: May 2, 2013 11:33 PM

It’s bad enough you tattooed YOLO on yourself. And even worse to do it on your freakin face. But the biggest questionable decision has to be trying to pass it off like your MOM was the inspiration. Come on!

12. slugbaitspace says: May 2, 2013 11:34 PM

randallflagg52 says:
    May 2, 2013 10:51 PM
    ——
    ….sez the person who has never heard of Mike Tyson.

13. trollhammer20 says: May 2, 2013 11:37 PM

Five members of his family, including his mother and father, have the Alabama Crimson tide logo and the #54 tattooed on them. Doubtless the Hawkhead logo is soon to follow.

Tats are a bit different to an Aussie native. When I first saw his pic, I thought he was American, and my reactions resembled those above. But he’s not crazy, he’s an Aussie (not that it’s easy to tell the difference), and the tats are more a part of his culture / family as opposed to the latest fad.

323 lbs and runs a 4.9. I’ve got him penciled in starting next to Mebane opening day.

14. jgrange says: May 2, 2013 11:43 PM

Lol @ claiming the YOLO tat for a couple of years and giving credit to his mother when we all know he’s lying. Come on.

15. pacificnw7722 says: May 2, 2013 11:59 PM

I don’t care if he has “GLADD” tattooed on his forehead just go out and CRUSH the opponent.

GO HAWKS!!

16. sweetnlow44 says: May 3, 2013 12:04 AM

YOLO!!! Hahahahahaha, I don’t care what he says, I guarantee he regrets that one! He’s gotta find a way to cover it like KMart did with the dumb lips he had on his neck.

17. theguyfromtampa says: May 3, 2013 12:28 AM

These “Stupid” tattoos are a form of self expression. I myself have tattoos. They are for me. I can care less what other people think of them. They aren’t on my skin for “them”. People with tat’s and live that way of life are far less likely to judge anybody. Do you hear us going around saying stuff like “time to lose the jorts” – “that mohawk looks stupid”. I am sure I can keep on going. Stop judging.

18. braceyourselffor12 says: May 3, 2013 12:39 AM

The funniest thing will be when his team falls back down to Earth next season (i.e 2012 Detroit Lions).

The couple of bandwagon fans will have to delete their multiple accounts, bring out those paper bag masks and root for other teams again.

19. lobzila says: May 3, 2013 12:43 AM

Like him and Colin, I don’t mind the tat’s so much, but that soul patch on there chins has to go!

20. sfm073 says: May 3, 2013 12:47 AM

Sounds like a cool guy.

21. hawkasauras says: May 3, 2013 12:49 AM

This guy is a beast… Go Hawks!

22. itscompton says: May 3, 2013 12:59 AM

23. citynative says: May 3, 2013 2:00 AM

pathsovglory says:

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

Yay! You tell ‘em. You forgot The 12th Man. Seattle….23 corny contrived nicknames and zero Super Bowl rings.

24. wpfairbanks says: May 3, 2013 2:44 AM

He’s right, you only do live once. Which is reason enough to NEVER tattoo “yolo” to your face…

25. stewart09 says: May 3, 2013 3:59 AM

Meet him before he used to play for the wynnum ravens in brisbane, Australia before he got scouted gentle giant but has a huge motor and is incredibly strong but quite mobile aswell. he only feel in the draft because of his knee which he injuried during the season and restricted him at the combine. most of his tattoo’s are awesome but yeh YOLO on the side of your face will haunt you when your 40.

26. bigfat12thman says: May 3, 2013 4:17 AM

Pathsovglory ya forget Turbinator!

27. bigfish206blog says: May 3, 2013 4:28 AM

What’s real stupid is those people who judge a man who is a educated athlete. Who in a couple months approx. 3 months is going to make more then everyone you know !!!!!! Yea real stupid decision Jesse for becoming a professional football player!!!

28. joemontanawasthegreatest says: May 3, 2013 6:25 AM

Dumb tattoo

29. brasho says: May 3, 2013 7:01 AM

Williams fell from being a possible late 1st rounder/2nd rounder to the fifth because of serious questions about his knee.

He had better hope the knee holds up, there’s not too many employers out there willing to hire a guy that got the 7th grader war cry on his face.

30. CKL says: May 3, 2013 7:46 AM

Sadly, the correct phrase should be You Live Only Once. So perhaps someday he will be accosted by an English teacher and he or she will trash talk him for that. Or…not. :D

31. libradad53 says: May 3, 2013 8:36 AM

You Only Live Once. Is that a stupid thing to do? I will be 60 shortly. Believe me there are a lot more “stupid” things one can do at that age. And I don’t care what he has where as long as he can play. And ladies and gentlemen, I think this guy can play…. September can’t get here soon enough. Welcome to the “Monstar”!!

32. liddogg33 says: May 3, 2013 10:13 AM

HAAAATERS!!!! All i can do is laugh laugh laugh!!! As a strong and proud member of the 12th man all I can say is I can’t wait for football!!!! Nothing you seattle hating trolls say can stop the freight train coming your way!! The best part is sensing the fear in all of your comments!!! Hahaha. This team is gonna run ramped on the league this year!! Russell is the future of this game and KAP is a total idiot with his pics with cars and tats!!! What a total loser!! Couldn’t tie Russell’s cleats!!!!

GO HAWKS !!!!!

33. chrismatthewsucks says: May 3, 2013 11:16 AM

” “The Seahawks have found the perfect guy to chase the heavily-tattooed Colin Kaepernick.”

Yeah right, Williams could tattoo a rocket on his butt and he’s still not catching Kaepernick.”

Yet, Red Bryant a Bigger and Slower DE sacked Kaepradick.

34. olyhawk says: May 3, 2013 11:36 AM

Laugh now cry later.

35. osiris33 says: May 3, 2013 11:46 AM

“The funniest thing will be when his team falls back down to Earth next season (i.e 2012 Detroit Lions)” says the fan of the soon to be 3rd place and 8-8 SF zero-niners.

Injuries are about to finally catch up to you guys after 2 years of dodging the bullet. And do the numbers “42” and “13” ring a bell?

36. jimmyhaffa says: May 3, 2013 12:00 PM

I didn’t even know the Seahawks had fans til last year. Over night they appeared and suddenly they wouldn’t shut up.

37. steelerben says: May 3, 2013 4:28 PM

Hey, a kid that that is able to bench 600 lbs can tattoo whatever he’d like wherever he’d like as far as I’m concerned.

38. tokyosandblaster says: May 4, 2013 12:31 AM

This guys is a perfect representation of Seattle *fans*.

A complete idiot.