Report: Ravens agree with Ricky Wagner, Aaron Mellette

ricky wagner ravens getty Getty Images

The Ravens, like the Bears, have wasted little time striking deals with draft picks.

Baltimore has reached contract agreements with Wisconsin offensive lineman Ricky Wagner and Elon (N.C.) University wide receiver Aaron Mellette, Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reported Thursday. Wagner was a fifth-round pick, with Mellette a seventh-round selection.

Earlier, Wilson reported the Ravens had come to terms with Notre Dame defensive lineman Kapron Lewis-Moore, a sixth-round pick.

The Bears, who have agreed with four of their six picks, are the only other NFL team known to have reached deals with drafted rookies. The Ravens made 10 picks in the 2013 NFL Draft, with at least one pick in each round.

Wagner (6-6, 308) could be tried at tackle and guard, Ravens assistant general manager Eric DeCosta said after the draft. He played right and left tackle for the Badgers.

Mellette (6-2, 217) caught 97 passes for 1,398 yards and 18 touchdowns for Elon in 2012.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, Rumor Mill
11 Responses to “Report: Ravens agree with Ricky Wagner, Aaron Mellette”
  1. trevor123698 says: May 2, 2013 7:10 PM

ricky wagner will be a starter in the nfl

2. crabcakesfootball says: May 2, 2013 7:11 PM

Elon Phoenix on PFT!!! Hell yeh Aaron Mellette

3. clownofthedroolingfool says: May 2, 2013 7:48 PM

Wow! Look at all the great players the Ravens have signed! AWESOME! Have the Steelers done anything? Oh, I see they signed a punter four days ago. Good job. I guess.

4. rocketcrab says: May 2, 2013 8:12 PM

I’m very interested in Aaron Mellette. Never heard of him before last weekend, but I’m encouraged by all that I’ve read. 6’2″, 217, that’s a big WR. Boldin replacement?

5. ravensdominate says: May 2, 2013 8:18 PM

the ravens are just a well oiled machine. It’s fun to watch it all unfold.

World Champs.

The Best in the League

Yep you know it! The Ravens, baby!

6. ppdoc13 says: May 2, 2013 9:20 PM

Mellette I’d designed to be someone to fill the job of boldin. Replace him??? I’ll believe it when I see it. Love my raven and I give them props if they deserve it, but this one was FUBAR as we sai in the army? I realize boldin had a hearty number this year but if you can’t get him to renegotiate then suck it up. He is one of the 5 best players on your team. He has showed no signs of aging. He was in a large way responsible for winning the SB.

This was a mistake, IMHO. Not only a football mistake but a judgement mistake in regards to the fans and the local community.

I still think the exam is strong and a playoff contender, but there is no fricking way in hell I trade him to the niners for a last day pick, ESP when you consider if e repeat and get to the big dance there is a darned good chance it’s the niners we’d be playing. I would cringe to see his stat line for that game.

7. crownofthehelmet says: May 2, 2013 9:37 PM

Excellent job signing a 5th and 7th rounder. And even better that Ravens fans are celebrating this. No doubt both Wagner and Mellete received Gatorade showers promptly after signing.

Hurry up Colbert, you better get the 5th and 7th rounder signed pronto. And sign our 6th to really put pressure on our competition.

8. ravonatorswallowsspunk says: May 2, 2013 11:55 PM

Nice signing… big belly

Cheers!

9. ppdoc13 says: May 3, 2013 9:32 AM

The Squealers are a team on the decline crown. I know it hurts, but truth does sometimes

10. clownofthedroolingfool says: May 3, 2013 6:25 PM

How come we never hear about any Steeler signings (except a punter)? Did they draft a bunch of rookies and now tby can’t pay them? What a debacle!

11. Joemontanaflacco says: May 4, 2013 10:00 AM

Crownofthehelmet, why aren’t you commenting on all the Steelers’ signings. Oh, that’s right. There aren’t any! I guess Steelers are living paycheck to paycheck and can’t make any moves until they restructure Big Ben’s contract for the third time.