PFT on NBCSN invades “unnecessary censorship”

Kimmel Getty Images

Yes, we’ve got a clear and obvious NBC bias.  Sometimes, however, at the risk of angering the Lords of Kabletown, we mention programming from another network.

ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live is very funny, and often hilarious.  Sure, it’s now up against The Tonight Show on NBC and The Late Show with David Letterman, who I’ve been watching since the days of religiously not starting on the nightly college homework until his NBC post-Tonight Show show ended at 1:30 a.m. ET.

But that’s why God made Al Gore.  Today, the audience can now take in all three, if the audience so chooses.  Or the audience can consume snippets posted on YouTube.

The best weekly segment from Kimmel’s show takes innocuous comments from other TV programming and bleeps out certain words to make it into something very dirty.  Sometimes, it’s absolutely filthy.

Last night, a line from Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports Network appeared in the segment.  You can watch it below.

To be clear, Erik Kuselias actually said that Tim Tebow was given permission to “seek his own trade.”  Unless I’m just not remembering it correctly.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
18 Responses to “PFT on NBCSN invades “unnecessary censorship””
  1. footballhistorian says: May 3, 2013 9:08 AM

I can assure you – God didn’t make Al Gore…at least if He did – His QA staff was on break

2. myopinionisrighterthanyours says: May 3, 2013 9:15 AM

footballhistorian says:
    May 3, 2013 9:08 AM

———————————————–

Really? Did you not get the joke about Al Gore inventing the internet? Gotta love extremism, on both sides of the fence. Some of the funniest stuff around.

3. nolahxc says: May 3, 2013 9:42 AM

Thanks for keeping it real, PFT!

4. eatitfanboy says: May 3, 2013 9:43 AM

When I saw “unnecessary censorship” I thought maybe the article would be an apology for this site’s strange habit of censoring comments that are in no way offensive or vulgar.

Sigh. A man can dream.

5. govtminion says: May 3, 2013 9:48 AM

Oh holy crap, I laughed my coffee out my nose… goddamn Kimmel! That was awesome!

6. jimmyt says: May 3, 2013 9:58 AM

Of course everyone “gets” the Al Gore inventing the internet “joke” but he did claim it as his along with a lot of other things and is now spewing BS about “global warming” that some nuts are eating up. How many more of his little jokes should be tolerated?

7. vertskate900 says: May 3, 2013 9:59 AM

Speaking of unnecessary censorship…

Mike Florio and PFT, folks!

8. Sports with JDK says: May 3, 2013 10:07 AM

Not to mention Al Gore is baptist so…

I can assure you – Al Gore believes God made Al Gore…

Funny video. Love ya, Flo

9. 49erstim says: May 3, 2013 10:13 AM

Absolutely hilarious segment! ….. Unnecessary Censorship is also a practice of PFT,…but that isn’t very funny. Raggle fraggle!

10. ghostofgilchrist says: May 3, 2013 10:14 AM

So, what you’re saying is…

“…David Letterman, who I’ve been ******* since the days of religiously not ******* on the nightly college homework

11. izlez says: May 3, 2013 10:42 AM

Wait…people are still trying to fight the “Global warming isn’t real” battle? Wow.

12. cliverush says: May 3, 2013 11:12 AM

I believe the word is misremembered according to a certain Baseball player who would never lie.

13. footballhistorian says: May 3, 2013 11:32 AM

myopinionisrighterthanyours – yes – I got it. Al Gore is the extremist – quit judging others by your own faults…

14. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: May 3, 2013 11:57 AM

izlez says:May 3, 2013 10:42 AM

________

Give me one bit of evidence that anthroprogenic global warming is real. “My third grade teacher told me” doesn’t count.

15. myopinionisrighterthanyours says: May 3, 2013 12:24 PM

jimmyt says:
    May 3, 2013 9:58 AM
    Of course everyone “gets” the Al Gore inventing the internet “joke”

—————————————-

Okay, for one thing, Al Gore was being dead butt serious at the time, which makes it funny. But I doubt you get the joke since the joke is use the transitive property on God made Al Gore and Al Gore invented the internet.

16. myopinionisrighterthanyours says: May 3, 2013 12:27 PM

footballhistorian says:
    May 3, 2013 11:32 AM

———————————————

Actually, I was referring to you. But yes, it applies to Al Gore as well. And being in the middle, I doubt have the “fault” of extremism. Thanks.

17. izlez says: May 3, 2013 12:43 PM

Rick Spielman is a Magician says:
    May 3, 2013 11:57 AM

———————————

Considering this is a football message board, I’ll give you a simple answer (yes this is from wikipedia, check the sources from wikipedia if you want)

“In the scientific literature, there is a strong consensus that global surface temperatures have increased in recent decades and that the trend is caused mainly by human-induced emissions of greenhouse gases. No scientific body of national or international standing disagrees with this view,[170][171]”

If you want some other evidence… look around. Haven’t you noticed some weird weather. A bunch of the midwest just got snow in May. Tons of stronger than usual hurricanes, etc. I mean,

Then ask yourself, who has something to gain by lying? Thousands of independent scientists working for all sorts of different companies? Or the multi-billion dollar oil companies who stand to lose billions and billions in profits if people find out they are destroying the earth

18. myopinionisrighterthanyours says: May 3, 2013 12:50 PM

——————————————

Actually, they both do, although I would classify one camp (myth) as flat out lying and the other (fact) as exaggerating. Again, as with most other sensitive issues, I believe the true answer lies somewhere in the middle.