Aaron Rodgers makes a cameo on The Office

At one point, The Office was the funniest show on TV.  At a more recent point, I realized that I continue to watch it only because I felt obligated to see the series through to the end.

But as the train pulls into the station, the show is getting better.  Or maybe I’ve reduced my expectations.

Regardless, the next-to-last episode of the series will feature Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in a cameo.

According to WGBA-TV, Rodgers plays a judge in an a capella singing contest.  Which unfortunately means that the overdone “Andy Bernard wants to be a star” storyline will continue for at least another episode.

42 responses to “Aaron Rodgers makes a cameo on The Office

1. Yeah cuz nothing screams Scranton, PA like Aaron Rodgers.
    Hell, if he weren’t dead, they could’ve gone after Mr. Rodgers from the kids TV show. At least he was from PA.

2. I don’t know what’s going on with the show, but they should make him Ryan’s long lost twin brother.

3. They should have had his character as some kind of nut promoting the Discount Double Check like as if he wanted to be the best promoter for State Farm, and it would have been funny if that created conflict with Dwight and they became rivals and he just can’t beat Aaron Rodgers.

4. The Office has really gone downhill this year. The first season lost-Michael was decent. It’s at How I Met Your Mother levels of bad now, which is another show I feel obligated to watch despite the fact it now sucks for a payoff I’m only helping delay by supporting their ratings.

5. rpiotr01 says: May 6, 2013 2:26 PM

====================

Exactly!!! I’ve always thought they looked alike!

6. So they needed someone dull to mope for a scene? I guess they found their guy. They must have saw his amazing range in the Sunday Night Football opening.

The critics better be careful though on what they say about his performance. Better yet just give him an emmy now just so his feelings don’t get hurt.

7. Rick Spielman is a Magician says:May 6, 2013 2:26 PM

Why can’t Aaron Rodgers spend more time focusing on football rather than his many off-field pursuits?
    ———————————-
    Yeah, why can’t he be more focused on football like P. Manning. Or E. for that matter.

8. “The Office” was the funniest thing on TV for many years until Michael left and the Andy Bernard character made me hate television.

I just thought of a great possible spin-off for the show. What if Dwight Schrute got a new job as an NFL official? Maybe he could be the dude who makes sure that the players are all complying with the rules about wearing the right color socks and shoes.

9. I have never watched one episode of this show. Now I will.

With Aaron Rodgers bringing his star power to this episode it will be the highest rated episode the show ever had.

America loves Aaron Rodgers and his Super Bowl winning ways. The networks know that his mere presence produces huge ratings and money in the bank.

10. They should throw Tood Packer in that episode just for his name. They could get Brett too and him and Todd could be sending text messages to the women.

11. They should sign those acapella singers to GB’s defense. I bet they hit harder.

12. GenXJay says:
    May 6, 2013 2:49 PM
    Synonymous. The TV show & Packers are declining to their respective end.

—-

Actually, that would be allegory, if it were true.

A true allegory for the Vikings, for instance, would be NBC’s Bionic Woman, in that they never really finish a season.

13. justintuckrule says: May 6, 2013 3:01 PM

They should sign those acapella singers to GB’s defense. I bet they hit harder.

***********************************************

Hopefully the choir members won’t bruise Ponder’s arm and end his season.

14. GenXJay says:
    May 6, 2013 2:49 PM

Synonymous. The TV show & Packers are declining to their respective end.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Geniuses like this have been predicting the Packers’ demise for years and years and years. Eventually, they may just get their wish. In the meantime, though, all they can do is keep looking “up” at the Packers.

15. Rick Spielman is a Magician says:May 6, 2013 2:26 PM

Your posts are usually pretty intelligent so I’m going to chalk this one up as your joking. If your not then we need to look at your current qb situation and go from there

16. We can be sure that no Minnesota Viking will appear anytime soon in “The Middle.”

17. Wait How I met your mother sucks now? I just finished what is on Netflix and that show is hilarious up to that point.

18. “People have told me that I sucked in that movie,” Favre deadpanned. “But I just say to them, ‘how many movies have you sucked in?’ ”.
    Whoops… wrong QB.

19. schmitty2 says:May 6, 2013 3:24 PM

Rick Spielman is a Magician says:May 6, 2013 2:26 PM

_____

Thanks for the compliment. I was trying to play off the Chris Kluwe story from earlier today. Oh well, they can’t all be gems.

20. the season should end with everyone in the office watching the hangover trailer starring andy

21. As a Vikings Fan I can honestly say I like Rodgers. But Packers Fans ruin everything because you actually worship him.

22. Question. What kind of bear is best?

Dwight Schrute: That’s a ridiculous question.

Jim Halpert: False. Black bear.

Dwight Schrute: That’s debatable. There are basically two schools of thought–

Jim Halpert: Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Dwight Schrute: Bears do not… What is going on?! What are you doing?!

23. vfan76 says:
    May 7, 2013 12:04 AM

—–

Says a member of a fan base that worships Adrienne Peterson.

24. Rick Spielman is a Magician says:
    May 6, 2013 2:26 PM
    //////////////////////////////////////

Is the answer…”because you’re a humorless idiot?”