Jacksonville fans ask Obama to get the Jaguars to sign Tebow

tebowobama Getty Images

The Bureau of Labor Statistics announced on Friday that 165,000 new jobs had been added to the American economy in the last month. But it would have been 165,001 if Tim Tebow had been able to find work.

Some fans in Jacksonville want President Obama to do something about that.

A petition on the White House website asks the president to “Call NFL Jacksonville Jaguars GM David Caldwell and tell him to stop ignoring the Jaguars fans and sign Tim Tebow!”

“If the Jaguars sign & START Tebow,” the petition continues, “home games will be sold out, sales will spike, the team will win and the fans will be happy.”

The organizers are hoping 100,000 Americans will sign the petition, and that the president will put the full weight of the White House behind the fans in Jacksonville who want to see Tebow play in the area where he grew up, and where he became a Heisman Trophy winner and national champion for the Gators. As of Monday morning at 10:30 a.m. Eastern, 315 people had signed the petition.

Caldwell has indicated that he’s dead-set against adding Tebow, and even a presidential directive will probably not be enough to sway him. It seems that the position of “Tim Tebow, backup quarterback” may turn out to be an American job lost to Canada.

UPDATE 11:17 a.m. ET: Just minutes after we posted this item, WhiteHouse.gov took the petition down, saying it violated the site’s terms of participation. We may now have to turn our attention to petitioning the prime minister of Canada to get the Alouettes to sign Tebow.

Permalink 167 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Jacksonville Jaguars, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
167 Responses to “Jacksonville fans ask Obama to get the Jaguars to sign Tebow”
  1. geemoney713 says: May 6, 2013 10:46 AM

Great. As not a Jacksonville fan, where do I sign the petition?

2. jjj1999 says: May 6, 2013 10:47 AM

The guy who started this petition doesnt even live in Jacksonville. But dont let facts get in the way of your page clicks.

3. blacknole08 says: May 6, 2013 10:47 AM

LOL wow! So 315 idiots and counting actually signed this? Obama has no power whatsoever over what a sports team can do.

This has to be the most ridiculous petition I’ve seen yet.

4. donegoneham says: May 6, 2013 10:48 AM

I like Tebow….but The President has more to worry about than Tebow. Not to mention that if the POTUS starts forcing someone to hire someone we have a major problem.

5. ingraven says: May 6, 2013 10:48 AM

Might as well…

6. wisewoo says: May 6, 2013 10:48 AM

So a bunch of panhandle Florida republicans (which is what the panhandle of Florida is mostly comprised of) want someone they didn’t vote for because he supports big government to tell a private business owner what to do.

Logical.

7. ozymandias121 says: May 6, 2013 10:49 AM

Tebow fans, Jacksonville, Florida, and Obama if he responds too this are all disgraces

8. zachculver2 says: May 6, 2013 10:49 AM

Only 1 signature on that is from Jax, these aren’t real jags fans.

9. kuranda84 says: May 6, 2013 10:51 AM

Perhaps an executive order.

10. gabegrass says: May 6, 2013 10:51 AM

…and as of right now, the White House has removed said petition. Awesome.

11. dasportsninja says: May 6, 2013 10:53 AM

Well it would not be the first time politicians got involved in our sports world.

12. thebluecoconuts says: May 6, 2013 10:53 AM

I love Tebow too! But enough is enough! The guy just isn’t a starting caliber NFL QB, and my fellow Jags fans need to humble theirselves in this regard. If he wants to play in the NFL, then lets make a change to TE, and then it would be great to sign him.

13. filthymcnasty1 says: May 6, 2013 10:53 AM

Obama responded “I can do that???”

14. bornking24 says: May 6, 2013 10:54 AM

Tebow vs Gabbert vs. Henne… I’ll give it to Tebow..

15. kane337 says: May 6, 2013 10:54 AM

All division rivals should sign that petition.

16. lemonhead7 says: May 6, 2013 10:54 AM

Wow.. that’s all I can really say.

17. lscoop13 says: May 6, 2013 10:54 AM

1st off, I’m a jags fan and most my friends are jag fans, the majority oF the fans do not want tebow (only the stupid gator fans). 2nd Obama is incapable of doing much of anything he’s a bigger joke of a president than tebow is a NFL QB.

18. tommynatorii says: May 6, 2013 10:55 AM

Where do I sign?

19. officialgame says: May 6, 2013 10:55 AM

Memo to Jag fans: You have a cool new owner, great young coach, and had a nice draft. Don’t ruin it all by bringing in Tebow. Nice guy, bad QB.

20. fargovikesfan says: May 6, 2013 10:55 AM

Yep, because having Barry call an NFL team and tell them how to run their organization is the most important thing the guy should be doing. Not like there’s anything else to worry about.

21. GrossmanDaSexCannon says: May 6, 2013 10:57 AM

You know where you guys can get some signatures? Non-jag fans.

22. jarvis1104 says: May 6, 2013 10:58 AM

Its not like Blaine Gabbert is gonna win you anything. Sign Tebow. Even if its only for 1 season, he’ll sell out home games and raise jersey sales. Jacksonville’s stadium is way too empty on Sundays. If you’re not going to win much, why not raise your revenue?

23. 52crabcakes says: May 6, 2013 10:58 AM

This fan wants to ask Obama to stay out of my healthcare!

24. liongator says: May 6, 2013 10:59 AM

Wake up Khan. If you start him and win, you’ve found your QB. If you start him and lose, you’re in position to draft Bridgewater or Manziel next year. Only way to lose is don’t sign him, let Gabbert and Henne prove they’re below average QB that win just enough games that you don’t get a shot at the QB’s next year.

25. beckzhere says: May 6, 2013 10:59 AM

Where do I sign?

26. jaxasc84 says: May 6, 2013 10:59 AM

I think the headline should read “Gator fans who happen to live in Jacksonville ask Obama to get the Jaguars to sign Tebow”.

Me and every Jaguar fan I know have put this issue to bed long ago and we’re glad Caldwell did too.

27. jonkybon says: May 6, 2013 11:00 AM

And they call the Jets a circus…Too funny!!! As bad as things get in NY, at least Jet fans can still laugh at the Jags!

28. jimbo75025 says: May 6, 2013 11:00 AM

And we wonder why our country is going down the crapper? While I am not an Obama fan, I would hope he has more productive things to do during the course of the day than try to get Tebow (who has already made millions in salary and endorsements in three years) a job.

29. r1zzler says: May 6, 2013 11:00 AM

You don’t even have to let Tebow play…. just sign him, let him ride the pine pony, and let the cash roll in not only for the team but for the community….

Do the right thing Caldwell!

30. zerodime says: May 6, 2013 11:00 AM

And by the time you posted this article the white house had already taken down the petition due to violation of white house petition terms.

31. jimbobobjr says: May 6, 2013 11:01 AM

And Jacksonville fans wonder why people who comment on this site make fun of them…

32. arrowhead816 says: May 6, 2013 11:01 AM

You gotta be kidding me

33. greengaypaqueers says: May 6, 2013 11:01 AM

Oh, my. Yes, people, let’s have the leader of the free world spend his time and energy on something as dumb as this. Get a life and let the man try to do something important.

34. markheco says: May 6, 2013 11:02 AM

I’ll sign it. Then the Jags can be even worse than they are now!

35. popolover says: May 6, 2013 11:02 AM

Dave is already listening to one dictator, NaPolian. I do not think their is room for Obama !

36. skinsfaninnebraska says: May 6, 2013 11:03 AM

I guess this is funny. Right?

Ok, just stupid then.

37. tjstalcup84 says: May 6, 2013 11:04 AM

Unfortunately the petition has been removed.

Even as someone who is not a Jaguars fan, I can tell you that I would WATCH Jaguars games to watch Tebow play.

I don’t care about his religious & personal beliefs, and he may not be NFL starting QB material, but the dude wins games.

Bronco’s Starting QB Playoff Victories:
    Tebow – 1
    Manning – 0

38. trapshoot says: May 6, 2013 11:04 AM

POTUS needs to keep his nose out of the NFL.

39. mecheng04 says: May 6, 2013 11:04 AM

I’m a Tebow fan, but the idiots behind this petition don’t understand that this is part of the reason no one wants him.

40. bejohn2 says: May 6, 2013 11:05 AM

It really only takes 315 morons to make a story newsworthy for profootballtalk? Seriously?? Guess this ranks right up there with the petition for a Death Star, just not quite as popular.

41. bathroombenlovemachine says: May 6, 2013 11:05 AM

It doesn’t matter. Michael Vick will be 2013 NFL MVP and will be Super Bowl 48 MVP.

Eagles will win Super Bowl 48. Bet on it.

42. turk2875 says: May 6, 2013 11:05 AM

But, why? Why, why, why. Not like Obama has anything else to worry about then Tim freaking Tebow’s NFL career.

43. 49erstim says: May 6, 2013 11:07 AM

What? They’re slowly and surely stomping on your constitutional rights and you petition them for THIS?

44. belicheckisgod says: May 6, 2013 11:07 AM

Don’t these people think that our President has more important topics to be devoting his time to, this country is still far from being truly fixed. Last I checked the Jags were I private company who can hire whoever they feel like and obviously tebow isn’t in the picture, don’t think they need the presidents 2 cents on the subject.

45. farmmbig says: May 6, 2013 11:07 AM

We are officially done as a society.

46. sikologik says: May 6, 2013 11:08 AM

I was gonna say follow the link, but then I followed it. It led me to 126 active petitions at whitehouse.gov, none of which had anything to do with tebow or the jaguars.

read this comment fast, before florio’s auto-delete removes it.

47. peanutele24 says: May 6, 2013 11:08 AM

So glad this lime light has left the nyj

48. dnelson21 says: May 6, 2013 11:09 AM

As a Jags fan, I will NEVER sign that. Apparently some dude in New Jersey started it. I also heard that he has no friends, and lives with five life-size mannequins that wear Gator, Broncos and Jets uniforms with the #15 on them?

49. slayisland says: May 6, 2013 11:10 AM

This jus prove how horrible of a Team Jacksonville is! Really maken it hard to a fan ughhh GET A REAL QB DAMNNNN!

50. steelbreeze676 says: May 6, 2013 11:10 AM

Funny… This kind of stuff coupled with a backlash for cutting his is a big part of the reason nobody will actually take a chance… Ironic.

51. despenc925 says: May 6, 2013 11:10 AM

yeah right! as soon as Obama try’s to get that to happen John Boehner’s gonna be there to cut that ASAP!

52. nfldeboteco says: May 6, 2013 11:11 AM

They erased the petition! It’s a conspiracy against the great Jags!

53. billyjaguar says: May 6, 2013 11:11 AM

Jags fans don’t want Tim Tebow. UF fans do. There’s a big difference. Also, against popular belief, Jax does not have trouble selling out home games. National media GTFO.

54. rebel21das says: May 6, 2013 11:11 AM

55. geniusesq says: May 6, 2013 11:12 AM

Barack is a Bears fan. So, obviously he wants Tebow on the Vikings.

56. rr2000k says: May 6, 2013 11:12 AM

This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen.

57. gtmac21 says: May 6, 2013 11:14 AM

The Jacksonville Jaguars – the Official Team of the Low Information Voter!

58. albertmn says: May 6, 2013 11:14 AM

Well, it really wouldn’t change the number of jobs, as it isn’t a newly created job. The number of roster spots available doesn’t change whether or not Tebow has one of them. Plus, why would anyone think the government could, should, or would try to affect who was on a roster?

59. dirtybirds233 says: May 6, 2013 11:15 AM

If you’re a Jags fan, petition Khan. Tebow>Gabbert and as said above, the ticket sales will soar through the roof. Sure he probably won’t get them to the playoffs, but he’ll still give them a better chance.

60. eaglesw00t says: May 6, 2013 11:15 AM

lol

Every teams fans who play the Jags this year are googling that petition right now.

I feel bad for poor Blaine Gabbert

61. jdubkc says: May 6, 2013 11:15 AM

This may be the most ignorant thing I’ve read in a long time…

62. dryzzt23 says: May 6, 2013 11:16 AM

Jesus Christ! I don’t mind the Jags signing Tebow at all. I DO mind the Jags fans using the federal edifice in order to accomplish it. No arm of government should be allowed to tell a private business what to do. It certainly doesn’t work the other way around.

63. packerman1968 says: May 6, 2013 11:16 AM

Blaine Gabbert must love the fans in Jacksonville.

64. regisphilbin says: May 6, 2013 11:17 AM

TIL: Its an embarrassment to claim Jacksonville as my hometown.

65. crush22 says: May 6, 2013 11:17 AM

Does this team ever stop embarrassing themselves?

66. cocheese000 says: May 6, 2013 11:18 AM

Is it me or is this not one of the dumbest things I ever read?

67. mtheparrothead says: May 6, 2013 11:18 AM

On the bright side, it’s finally something Obama can handle.

68. laserrocketarm12 says: May 6, 2013 11:20 AM

I don’t care what any of you think of him. Tebow honestly gives them a better chance to win than Gabbert.

But the Jags front office is too much of a joke to realize the golden opportunity that has fallen int their laps.

69. bigfuzzy says: May 6, 2013 11:20 AM

Let me guess, most of these idiots signing that petition are the same folks who bitch about the pres not doing enough in virtually any other way.. Yeah.. good way for the pres to spend his time.
    Idiots.

70. shogunassasin30 says: May 6, 2013 11:21 AM

You Tebow fans are Psycho and should be medicated.

71. jvillenole says: May 6, 2013 11:22 AM

The majority of the Jaguar fans DO NOT want Tim Tebow…

72. pkrjones says: May 6, 2013 11:23 AM

Hahahaha… are the Jax fans that stoopid to think Obama can “fix” anything, much less their franchise? More likely O will lie to the owner about lowering his taxes, promising greater efficiency/lower costs, and then try to cover it up when his efforts fail.

Trust your management team to build the team, NOT the government.

73. vertskate900 says: May 6, 2013 11:23 AM

Obama will probably look into it because as we all know that when it comes to priorities, sports are number one on his list while things like the state of the economy or apprehending terrorists that killed a U.S. ambassador are much lower down that list.

74. nesportsfan0428 says: May 6, 2013 11:24 AM

According to Facebook meme’s people have shared ad nauseum with me, Tim Tebow isn’t allowed in the NFL because he’s a Christian.

75. atlfan31833 says: May 6, 2013 11:24 AM

Isn’t it all about making money? Sure sports is really about being competitive and trying to win but with the way that the teams have made roster moves because they could no longer “afford” the player due to salary cap implications, why not make an addition to the team because he will generate income.

76. swagjag says: May 6, 2013 11:25 AM

I would like to know who these fans are so I could smack them in the face with a fish.

77. cajunaise says: May 6, 2013 11:25 AM

Please provide a link to the petition, so that I may post it on the Colts’ Facebook page. It could net the Jags 1000 signatures by the end of the week. (For even more support, repeat the process for the Texans and Titans.)

78. watermelon1 says: May 6, 2013 11:26 AM

Everyone thinking its fashionably cool to hate on Tebow, but can’t name 32 quarterbacks who could win more games than him.

It might take an injury, or a bad start to the season( shouldn’t be hard for Jags to do that)… But he’ll get signed to an NFL team sometime this season.

79. lostsok says: May 6, 2013 11:27 AM

Like most rational Americans, there are things I like about the Obama administration, and things I do not like. I do not believe he is the evil tyrant right-wing extremists make him out to be, nor is he the savior left-wing extremists would wish for…

However, I think there is one thing most of us can come together and agree on: he has far, far more pressing matters than trying to force a bad team with two bad quarterbacks to sign a third quarterback that’s even worse.

80. joetoronto says: May 6, 2013 11:28 AM

He belongs there in some capacity, that’s for sure.

I’d give him a PR job, you couldn’t lose.

81. granadafan says: May 6, 2013 11:28 AM

Only 300 fans? Sounds like the petition needs some tarps to cover the signatures.

82. jags2daship says: May 6, 2013 11:29 AM

These are not real Jaguar fans signing this petition. They are moms who know nothing about football, tweens who want to see Tebag with no shirt on, and gator homers who cry and moan when the Jaguars dont draft 7 gators players every draft. The real season ticket holders and supporters of this team DO NOT WANT TEBOW. The chances of me eating my own underwear on the 50 yard line every Sunday are better than Tebow becoming a Jaguar. Go Jags!

83. hawkslv says: May 6, 2013 11:30 AM

Slavery in the form of a petition

84. bkravens1 says: May 6, 2013 11:30 AM

I’ve never seen such a quality guy, who somehow wins games, who has as many playoff wins as Matt Ryan, recieve so much ridicule.

85. jmac34 says: May 6, 2013 11:31 AM

haha some fans are so stupid

86. huskersrock1 says: May 6, 2013 11:32 AM

These white house petitions are so stupid, everyone just another punch line.

87. wmthomas3 says: May 6, 2013 11:32 AM

They are not Jaguars fans, they’re Tebow fans. Please make the distinction because there is a difference. Most Jags fans here in Jacksonville do not want Tebow on the team. We would much rather have a winning team.

88. wmthomas3 says: May 6, 2013 11:34 AM

The Jaguars don’t need Tebow to sell tickets, we were 2-14 last year and had zero blackouts and 96% capacity. We have also not had a blackout since 2009. Maybe they can have Tebow join the Bucs or Dolphins, they seem to have a difficult time with attendance.

89. lrical says: May 6, 2013 11:35 AM

I would have signed that and I’m a cowboys fan. I’m sorry but with Robinson, gabbert and tebow lined up you could direct snap to any of the 3 and be a headache to a defense if you got Robinson at HB and tebow at FB.

90. tjacks7 says: May 6, 2013 11:35 AM

Jacksonville must have a pretty dumb fan base.

91. 31haters says: May 6, 2013 11:38 AM

Those idiots are an embarrassment to REAL Jaguar fans!! Just goes to show and prove just how moronic Gator fans are!! Hang tough Dave Caldwell!! We don’t want not do we need the Tebow Traveling Circus!!

92. shadowcell says: May 6, 2013 11:43 AM

i have yet to actually meet a Jacksonville fan who actually wants Tim Tebow to start for the Jaguars.

93. tanzim12 says: May 6, 2013 11:44 AM

OMG I finally get it now. Tebow is the leader of a cult. What a delusional fan base. Wow.

94. bigskinny84 says: May 6, 2013 11:44 AM

Actually started by a dude in Jersey – as of 112 signees only one was from Jax.

95. cfbfan2013 says: May 6, 2013 11:45 AM

It’s just sad that we have a bunch of people in this country who think the president should intervene in things like this.

First of all the government can’t interfere in this and make a team spend money on a player like this because they want them to. The Jaguars are free to sign any player they want.

Second of all the fact we have people in this country who believe the government should do everything for them is just sad. They have plenty they need to do right now already and yet there are folks who just want them to do everything for us instead of I don’t know. Protect our country. Lower my taxes. Eliminate all of this fraud going on in our welfare system and maybe find out who all is in this country that could potentially be trying to harm us. Yet we have people who think Tebow to the Jaguars should be a priority. Are any of these idiots on PFT? Please tell me they don’t have a driver’s license or comment here. I’m hoping these people are a bunch of 15-19 year olds who just have no clue and not adults who are suppose to be leaders in the community down there. OUCH!

96. rebel21das says: May 6, 2013 11:47 AM

I find this disgusting and frivolous especially with so many people without jobs in this country and this is the kind of nonsense people put the time and effort into, if you have any thought process you would agree and find this absolutely 100% appalling. I think Tim Tebow will be OK in life, why don’t we sign petitions to help the average American find a job. I also love that my comment is not approved for some reason or other, good article but I think the subject is utterly meaningless, and clearly the people running the White House website agree with me judging the response of latest update on this “cough” important matter.

97. matthewcarlson1 says: May 6, 2013 11:47 AM

The only thing the government needs to be involved with in sports is antitrust laws.. otherwise its none of their business.

98. moeman79 says: May 6, 2013 11:53 AM

Hmm well Blaine Gabbert sucks, Blackmon is gonna be a bust when he gets back after his drug bust( do any of the PED ever come back to play good drug free?) so that leave the Jags with MJD coming back from a big injury? Why not kick the tires on Tebow in 3/4 of a season he has more wins than the entire Jag team has had in like 3 years

99. justintuckrule says: May 6, 2013 11:54 AM

Why would Obama help evangelical north Florida? They’re still hung up on his birth certificate

100. slobmykolb says: May 6, 2013 11:54 AM

Most asinine thing any fan(s) have ever done! If I were an athlete and the ONLY reason I got offered a job was because the fans/president pressured an organization into hiring/signing me I would be completely embarrassed! This is seriously getting absurd Tebow fans! Hang it up your leader is not, nor will he ever be a franchise QB. Get over it and move on with your life and just let Tim move on with his so he can start the next chapter (probably as an analyst).

101. thesteelers says: May 6, 2013 11:56 AM

I was beginning to worry about the lack of Tebow articles. Sure enough, here it is, one as ridiculous as ever.

102. harrisonhits2 says: May 6, 2013 11:58 AM

Holy crap as if Obama doesn’t have a huge number of far more important things to deal with.

What a waste of his time if he does make this call.

103. nyfootballgiants says: May 6, 2013 11:59 AM

I’m not sure which is worse.

1. The fact that someone actually posted this petition on the White House site, or

2. The fact that people working in the White House are reading this site, instead of working – based on how quickly it came down after the original posting.

104. shackdelrio says: May 6, 2013 12:02 PM

Everybody but Jaguar fans is forcing Tebow on us. The media and the Gator cult refuse to accept reality. Leave us alone! We don’t want him!

105. shadowcell says: May 6, 2013 12:03 PM

Also, I will give Shahid Khan credit for this much: a lesser owner would have caved in to the Tebow fans and ordered his team to go sign him, but instead he’s deferred to the actual football people who don’t think he’s worth it.

The football people may turn out to be wrong about that, although I’m hard-pressed to see how, but I’d rather have an owner that knows he’s not a football guy and lets the football guys make the football decisions, than one who doesn’t (*coughcoughjerryjones*).

106. rebel21das says: May 6, 2013 12:11 PM

Sorry PFT staff, lol didn’t realize a ton of people were clogging up the site for this but I’m happy to see that many people find this just as offensive as me. I take this kind of stupidity personally that’s all.

107. galvestontexans says: May 6, 2013 12:16 PM

As a Texans fan I am on my way to sign that

108. emma333 says: May 6, 2013 12:17 PM

Did anyone look at the petition? It was created by someone from NEW JERSEY. The majority of those that signed (before it was taken down) were from out of state. It is embarrassing to hear that Jaguars fans did this, when WE DID NOT! Plus, it doesn’t benefit Tebow, or his legacy either. Finally, it makes the Tebow only fans look ridiculous, and reinforces the notion that they are not rational. LOSE-LOSE-LOSE….

109. latchbeam says: May 6, 2013 12:19 PM

Wake up Jacksonville! You know you are going to win a lot of games, so you might as well sign Tebow and make money selling tickets and jerseys. its a common sense business move!!!! You will sell more tickets and more jerseys with Tebow = FACT.

110. rg3andthensome says: May 6, 2013 12:24 PM

SKINS!!!! COME ON!

111. granadafan says: May 6, 2013 12:25 PM

“dryzzt23 says: May 6, 2013 11:16 AM
    Jesus Christ!”
    ==========================================

Tebow: “You rang?”

112. chihova says: May 6, 2013 12:27 PM

First of all……DUUUUUUUUUUVAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

I’m a real Jags fan and I will start my own petition for “Jaguar fans with REAL football knowledge that want nothing to do with Tebow”.

Several posts above have hit it right on the head…stop trying to force Tebow on the Jaguars. We dont have attendance issues and we have a solid path for long term suceess and it doesnt include the 3 ring circus that is Tebow. You went to UF….SO WHAT! This is the pros and what little Tebow did in college does not translate to the NFL. Yes i would rather have Gabbert for one more year than Tebow, that’s a no brainer. If Gabbert doesnt pan out then we draft a qb next year which will have about 4 or 5 high quality qb’s.

Stop the madness already and focus on the team we have.

113. seaeagle707 says: May 6, 2013 12:30 PM

Just “what” is the appeal of Tim Tebow, to “real” football fans anyway? We know he is an average to poor QB, with issues about his throwing abilities. Yet there are so many that have raised his popularity to the level of an Elway, or Manning.

His believing in God is admirable and I understand he gives great speeches about that faith. But quite frankly, I respect those players more who put in the effort during games and have a private prayer huddle afterwards, than someone who grandstands his faith at every opportunity, but rarely leaves the sidelines.

The Jaguars don’t need this distraction. They are trying to put together a winning team, which seems to be a minor concern for the Tebow-groupies. I believe “that” is why Caldwell, doesn’t want TT, on the premises. Because he doesn’t bring anything that will help them towards their goals.

114. EJ says: May 6, 2013 12:34 PM

Not a Jaguars fan, but I would have signed the petition if it was still up. Bringing Tebow to Jacksonville would be a wise decision. Not only would the Jaguars start completely selling out all home games, but they would be back at the top of their division and in the running for the Super Bowl title. Its a no-brainer, Tebow is a winner and brings the winner attitude to others who are close to him. In one partial season with the Broncos, he brought them to the Playoffs and actually won the first game. Manning with a full year didn’t even win one Playoff game. If all you Jacksonville Fans want to get your team back to the top of the NFC, then do whatever it takes to get your GM’s attention and sign Tim Tebow!

115. i10east says: May 6, 2013 12:35 PM

@justintuckrule

Jacksonville has a large population of democrats, and a black democratic mayor here in “Evangelical Northern Florida” So don’t act like we live in a freaking dry county or something.

116. russellbandingo says: May 6, 2013 12:41 PM

fun fact. the Jags were 17th in attendance percentage at hone games with 96.8 % of seating sold last year . The Almighty Green Bay superfans were in 18th with 96.6% , meaning jags sold out more of there stadium than Green Bay last year. Plus this petition isn’t even made by someone in Jacksonville, but hey, when had anyone here let measly facts stand in the way.

117. kingpel says: May 6, 2013 12:43 PM

Him going to Jacksonville is the only thing that will motivate people to buy those new Jaguar jerseys. His followers may be zealots, but they are a zealots who wear his gear first and foremost. I pull the trigger on this deal.

118. peoplesrepublic0fdabayarea says: May 6, 2013 12:43 PM

While we’re at it, Dallas fans should sign a petition to have Obama take an open-limo drive through their city….

119. bearclaw69 says: May 6, 2013 12:43 PM

Oh yes, call the all-powerful Messiah! He can do anything, including intervene in the NFL. The idiots who started this petition, joined by a gaggle of morons who subsequently signed it, are probably the same bunch of buffoons who VOTED for the Messiah in the first place. He couldn’t even run a Dairy Queen, let alone this country. And no, he was NOT born in the U.S.

120. hedleykow says: May 6, 2013 12:48 PM

In order to understand terms of participation, one would first have to know how to read … and let’s be realistic … we are talking about Tebow fans here.

121. liongator says: May 6, 2013 12:54 PM

I can understand some Jags fans not wanting Tebow, he might upset the delicate chemistry of a 2-14 team. Plus, they haven’t seen a winner since Brunell, not surprising they don’t recognize one.

122. rickrock6661982 says: May 6, 2013 1:05 PM

At least this wasn’t as dumb as the “insert state” seceding from the United States due to being butthurt.

123. CKL says: May 6, 2013 1:07 PM

124. @Cereal_22 says: May 6, 2013 1:10 PM

Calm down Jags nation, most fans recognize that including their own every fanbase has its weird uncle types that make the rest of us look bad from time to time. One of the ironic things is that these staunch Tebow supporters clearly are not the type who would vote for Obama, but I guess they need him now since this is so important….#hypocrisy

125. kingjamsi says: May 6, 2013 1:11 PM

an article mentioning Tebow AND Obama… This is like Christmas day for PFT trolls.

If only you could have somehow folded in a Redskins name change and Spygate–I’m quite sure you could have imploded the NBC sports servers.

126. @Cereal_22 says: May 6, 2013 1:13 PM

Obama may want to do something about Jay Cutler in Chicago first

127. chihova says: May 6, 2013 1:16 PM

And is this a Lions fan talking about winners???? You sir are a walking oxymoron.

128. rickrock6661982 says: May 6, 2013 1:20 PM

I have a feeling this petition was started by trolls from the political board on Tiger Droppings.

Those low IQ haters will continue to hate

- Barack Obama

129. sonoflpgicalvoice says: May 6, 2013 1:21 PM

I.E.= RG3 for the Redskins last year

130. mmsierra says: May 6, 2013 1:22 PM

OK….
    But, ONLY if it Requires the Jaguars to move to Los Angeles and change their name to the Wheels

OK ??

131. chihova says: May 6, 2013 1:25 PM

@EJ “If all you Jacksonville Fans want to get your team back to the top of the NFC, then do whatever it takes to get your GM’s attention and sign Tim Tebow!”

EJ where do i begin? You have no credibility based on the sentence above, plus you said something about selling out games which also shows you know nothing. And you clearly stated you were not a Jags fan so Ill let it pass. Who is your team? Why not petition Tebow to go to your team and not try to force his “talents” bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…..on us?

132. chihova says: May 6, 2013 1:29 PM

@CKL “It’s sad that some people got together and made a petition like this. Not as sad as the government’s claim that 165k jobs were added though. I roll my eyes at both.”

Can you move these type of comments to the birther and conspiracy sites? Why oh why must right wing nuts always bring politics where its not wanted or needed.

133. dickroy says: May 6, 2013 1:29 PM

Must not have agreed with my comment. Taken down again.

134. wnstonchill says: May 6, 2013 1:38 PM

I see, so the Jacksonville community is also under the illusion that Obama is God, huh? Not good!

135. inyofaceagain says: May 6, 2013 1:40 PM

bearclaw69 says: May 6, 2013 12:43 PM

——-

Gotta love the crazy conspiracy theorists.

UFOs got Obama elected because he’s not even HUMAN! It’s gonna blow your mind when I tell you how Tebow fit into all this…

136. ytownjoe says: May 6, 2013 1:40 PM

Good grief. What next?

137. chihova says: May 6, 2013 1:53 PM

@sonoflpgicalvoice “I really don’t understand why some team won’t give him a chance and design an offense to cater his style! Take the religious stuff out of the equation and you would still have a young passionate leader who would lead teams to victory just by admiring that aspect…..
    I.E.= RG3 for the Redskins last year”

If you dont know why then you really dont have a clue. RG3 can actually throw a football and read defenses which are 2 skills needed in the NFL and coincidentally skills that your boy Tebow does not have.

138. ruthlssjag says: May 6, 2013 2:13 PM

This whole shabang is smoke that some dumbazz started, meaning it’s ALL bullshiz.. Every fan here in Jax don’t even want him & have “bought” into GM Dave Caldwell & coach Gus Bradley’s system.. Dave will NEVER bring him down here,regardless of a petition from President Obama or not..
    Oh & btw, he HAD his opportunity to be a Jag last year via trade, but opted to choose the Jets, who’s fault is that?? He was better off coming down here & be patient.. Had he waited (he may have not played a down last year), he would’ve had a chance with the Jags having an OPEN competition at the QB position.. Accept this ppl, he didn’t want anything to do with us, we don’t want anything to do with him, even if we’re in for another 2-14 season… Go backup some team in Canaduhh!!

139. theravenlives2 says: May 6, 2013 2:17 PM

Jags fans don’t want Tim Tebow. UF fans do. There’s a big difference.

===============================
    Yeah, about 90,000 fans who actually COME to the game!

140. TeamBalco says: May 6, 2013 2:18 PM

Lmao!

141. wojlos says: May 6, 2013 2:30 PM

As if the President didn’t have anything better to do than to worry about Tim Tebow. Ridiculous.

142. notoriousbri says: May 6, 2013 2:33 PM

for everyone calling for Timmy to switch to TE.. how do we even know he has the hands for this? or the ability to run precise routes? All we know is that he doesn’t have the ability to be a NFL QB. He has to prove that he deserves a shot as a TE as well. Its not worth the media circus and distraction to bring this guy in when its obvious he wants to play QB.. I mean.. hell give me a shot..i can throw a screen pass

143. thestrategyexpert says: May 6, 2013 2:40 PM

Wish the edit was in the middle so I didn’t have to waste time searching for the petition!

144. CKL says: May 6, 2013 2:45 PM

chihova says:
    May 6, 2013 1:29 PM

______________________________
    First of all, the post is about a politician’s official website.

Second of all, I don’t believe government statistics about too many things, regardless of party in charge (you’ll note I didn’t mention either party, I said GOVERNMENT).

Third of all, employment statistics are manipulated to look good or bad by politicians based on their agendas. It doesn’t take a “right wing birther” to believe that. Glad to see you knee jerk namecall me though based on nothing I said. Defensive much?Reminds me of second grade, except you are less creative . :D

I await acutal comments from Tebow about his career. We don’t really have any yet, other than the generic one. At some point, “player only” fans make it too challenging for teams to have them on the roster, even if that isn’t the player’s fault. I know Jets fans who were sick to death of the “Tebow fans” invasion of their message boards. I think TT would be wise to consider going to another league to hone his skills and let the “Tebow fans” cool off a little. They usually don’t do him any favors.

145. jwcarlson says: May 6, 2013 2:55 PM

donegoneham says:
    May 6, 2013 10:48 AM

———————————–

News flash: The federal government has been forcing private entities to hire people for decades.

146. spankygreen says: May 6, 2013 3:04 PM

bearclaw69 says: May 6, 2013 12:43 PM

Well beardroppings69, he is running the country and doing a good job I might add. Even you recognized that by calling him all-powerful…Please tell me you didn’t vote in this last election, because if you voted for Romney, then you are a TOTAL fool, but I’m sure you get that all the time…..

147. haywoodjablomee says: May 6, 2013 3:05 PM

Since Obama isn’t really that busy doing his job, this would be perfect.

148. swagger52 says: May 6, 2013 3:13 PM

Even if Tebow fans could be bought for a vote, I doubt Obama would do that for somebody like Tim Tebow.

149. i10east says: May 6, 2013 3:21 PM

@ wisewoo

Jax is NOT in Florida’s Panhandle, nice try.

150. damartinez12 says: May 6, 2013 3:34 PM

i need some of what the jaguars fans are smoking!

151. eatitfanboy says: May 6, 2013 3:39 PM

jjj1999 says:
    May 6, 2013 10:47 AM

Where does the article say that he did? Are only people who live in Jax allowed to be Jags fans?

What was your point exactly?

152. @Cereal_22 says: May 6, 2013 3:53 PM

I hear that Fox news may hire Tebow as a Christian correspondent

153. sfgamblers says: May 6, 2013 4:11 PM

I didn’t know there 100,000 Jags fans to sign this????

154. azwildcats96 says: May 6, 2013 4:13 PM

I laugh at all the posters here that take this “petition” seriously. It was obviously meant as a joke by someone in New Jersey, just like the Death Star petition. Yes, the government has more important things to do. Please take a deep breath and relax. BTW a Death Star would be awesome.

155. olhoss1884 says: May 6, 2013 4:31 PM

Kids, this is how it works…when enough people sign such a petition on the White House site, it does NOT mean the POTUS has to do what they ask, just that they are entitled to an official response, just like the Death Star petition.

156. shadowman1433 says: May 6, 2013 4:40 PM

Yeah get the government involved in this. We all know how well things work out when the government tries to do something.

157. turtlehut says: May 6, 2013 4:45 PM

If Tim Tebow had come out as gay like Jason Collins, instead of Christian, the president would probably do something.

158. 4greatestvikingever says: May 6, 2013 4:49 PM

Prez O could make him a Czar and create a cabinet position for him.

159. emma333 says: May 6, 2013 4:52 PM

@azwildcats-it’s not the posters that take the petition seriously. It’s the sports media that make the blanket statements that, Jaguars fans are trying to get the President to make the team sign Tebow…You’re right, it probably was a joke…so why did it have to get reported at all. As a Jags fan, we have enough problems,ie our favorite team went 2-14, our QBs aren’t good, Blackmon, and we get Tebow shoved in our face constantly. We like the way the new owner, GM and coach are heading, but we sure didn’t need this grief!

160. wherezwaldo says: May 6, 2013 5:04 PM

One of the dumbest things Ive ever seen. Lets hope Obummer gets involved. GO ‘MURICA!!

161. ruthlssjag says: May 6, 2013 5:11 PM

Keep the “National Media” coming.. Even tho it’s laughable, it’s ALL good.. Might I add: This is what happens when Florio & company has NO stories to talk about.. When the article states “Just minutes after posting this item…. the dam thing got turned down.”
    SO, why not delete this stupid post? Maybe bc the more we write about it, the more publicity PFT gets.. WOW these ppl have us ALL fooled!

162. jaypace says: May 6, 2013 6:01 PM

If you are a jag fan and are cool with the organization staying with gabbert and henne, then enjoy your 4 win season.

163. mythaimyke says: May 6, 2013 9:45 PM

Leave OBOZO alone, he’s got other things to do! Pretend he is a movie star! Pretend he is an athelete! What a joke!! Also pretending to be a singer and have parties at the white house. The rest of the time on vacation. He’s no leader, he’s a WANT TO BE!

164. gibbskins9 says: May 7, 2013 8:33 AM

Finally we found a job that Obama is qualified to do, organize a visit to the Jags for Tebow.

165. j4man1 says: May 9, 2013 4:20 AM

I’m all for Tebow playing in the NFL, but he would have to be black for Obama to do anything about it.

166. faaast1 says: May 10, 2013 10:30 PM

ANYTHING that might distract Barry from screwing up the country even more, is good by me!

167. lennydpocketqb says: May 11, 2013 2:52 PM

Jacksonville fans make punch lines against them super easy.