Vikings sign Brandon Keith

Brandon+Keith+Arizona+Cardinals+v+St+Louis+y6MauNXrLSIx Getty Images

The Vikings grabbed plenty of headlines with a transaction on Monday when they cut punter Chris Kluwe.

It wasn’t their only roster move of the day, though. The team has also announced that they’ve signed former Cardinals tackle Brandon Keith.

Keith was last seen as the starting right tackle in Arizona during the 2011 season, which ended early because of an injury to his right ankle. Keith, a seventh-round pick by Arizona in 2009, had other injury issues during his stint with the Cardinals and didn’t sign with anyone as a free agent last offseason. If he’s healthy, he’ll try to work his way toward another chance at a starting job somewhere in the league by serving as a backup to Phil Loadholt.

The Vikings also formally announced the signing of wide receiver Adam Thielen, the Minnesota State-Mankato alum who earned a job as a tryout player at the team’s rookie minicamp over the weekend. Wide receiver Nicholas Edwards was released.

Permalink 33 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill
33 Responses to “Vikings sign Brandon Keith”
  1. filthymcnasty1 says: May 6, 2013 4:04 PM

His job will be to protect Ponder’s arm from getting bruised again.

2. frankgarrett says: May 6, 2013 4:06 PM

God… enough Viking News.. Team Sucks anyways

3. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: May 6, 2013 4:06 PM

I loved him as Uncle Bill on Family Affair.

4. inyofaceagain says: May 6, 2013 4:06 PM

Vikings: Best O-line in NFL

Packers: Worst O-line in NFL

5. 7ransponder says: May 6, 2013 4:35 PM

Seeing stream after stream of Packer tears and basement-dweller quality comments on Vikes stories makes me proud to be a fan of the Vikings.

6. zn0rseman says: May 6, 2013 4:58 PM

I for one am pulling for James Vandenberg and Adam Thielen.

7. whatjusthapped says: May 6, 2013 5:02 PM

You have to wonder why a FA O line tackle who has been unemployed for months would knowingly and willingly choose to sign with the Vikings. Did he give up all hope on the NFL and as a matter of last resort, choose the Vikings over Canadian pro football, the difference being about 300 miles and there are pretty women up in Canada?

8. purplepunisher says: May 6, 2013 5:02 PM

ransponder May 6, 2013, 4:35 PM EDT

9. Norseman says: May 6, 2013 5:18 PM

Will be back-up right tackle on the Vikings O-line. Would start at LT for the Packers.

10. tokyosandblaster says: May 6, 2013 5:27 PM

The line is really good at giving Ponder the necessary time to incomplete passes.

11. filthymcnasty1 says: May 6, 2013 7:31 PM

The Vikings really had to do something after their O-line allowed the Packers D to end Ponder’s season.

12. GenXJay says: May 6, 2013 7:57 PM

More Viking stories, please.

13. minnesotablizzard says: May 6, 2013 8:07 PM

We needed a solid depth signing along the o-line like this, I wonder if he can push his way into the RG rotation?

14. purpleblood12 says: May 6, 2013 8:09 PM

Filthy and Tokyo you two are the biggest d-bags I’ve ever seen. Since I don’t care about the Packers I’ve never even read an article about them let alone posted a comment.

15. tokyosanbblaster says: May 6, 2013 9:02 PM

You guys can call me, fi1thymcnasty1 and whatjusthapped all the usual names: trolls, d-bags, morons, etc. But you all know that we know how to party. The 3 of us. Camper. Tailgating. C’mon.

16. footballnut2011 says: May 6, 2013 9:10 PM

We shall see if tokyo and filthy comment when erin comes out of the closet or hide under a rock. Hahahaha.

17. fi1thymcnasty1 says: May 6, 2013 10:02 PM

Oh, take it easy. Look – it’s just that racing to be the first ones to comment on a Vikings post makes me look cool. That, and my Members Only jackets. And leg warmers. And you should see tokyo in legwarmers…

18. fi1thymcnasty1 says: May 6, 2013 10:04 PM

I like to save all the green M&M’s and give them to Carl G. Tailgating!!!

19. operwapitsai says: May 6, 2013 10:23 PM

more vikings articles please…… no really, keep em coming

20. tokyosandblaster says: May 7, 2013 12:36 AM

1) imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

2) you do realize you have a player named Erin on your team, right?

3) there are 7 queens trolls for every 1 packer troll, which works out to be pretty equal, intellectually.

4) The Packers own the Vikings.

5) night, ladies!

21. vikingsgohard says: May 7, 2013 3:05 AM

Not too impressed with this guy ?… Apparently no ones paid attention to how terrible the Cardinals offensive line has been the last few years … They went thru like 5 QB due to injury lol

22. tokyosanbblaster says: May 7, 2013 9:38 AM

We don’t care who “comes out”, as long as they like huntin’ trips with the boys, lots of grain alcohol and seeing me in leg warmers. Night, ladies!

23. filthymcnasty1 says: May 7, 2013 9:59 AM

I am truly humbled by the efforts of my many disciples.

24. tokyosanbblaster says: May 7, 2013 12:44 PM

I am truly humbled by your passion, filthy.

25. brewdogg says: May 7, 2013 2:31 PM

whatjusthapped says: May 6, 2013 5:02 PM

———————————

1) Green Bay is closer to Canada than Minneapolis is.

2) If Ted Thompson had half a brain, he would be exploring options other than late-round draft picks and UFA to improve the Packers OL.

3) Each individual’s opinion of what makes a woman pretty is different, although it is usually affected by the women that he sees around him on a daily basis. Me, I prefer Rosie Huntington-Whiteley to Rosie O’donnel, but you may have a different opinion…..

26. tokyosandblaster says: May 7, 2013 3:02 PM

1.) you may want to check out that distance. There is no way Green Bay is closer to Canada than the twin cities.

2) 3rd rd isn’t considered a late round

3) I’d have gone with Jessica Biel, but to each their own.

27. brewdogg says: May 7, 2013 3:32 PM

1) Minneapolis to Grand Portage or International Falls – 294 miles
    Green Bay to Sault Ste Marie – 282 miles

2) Except for Bulaga and Sherrod (and that’s working out great for ya, isn’t it?) the Packers haven’t used a pick in the first 3 rounds on an OL since Daryn Colledge. Maybe you didn’t notice that the Packers didn’t draft anyone in the 3rd rd this year….

3) Forgive me for going with two women with the same first name for comedic purposes.

4) You don’t do so well when trying to match facts with facts, do you?

28. tokyosanbblaster says: May 7, 2013 4:23 PM

I usually like to have Carl G, whatjusthapped and fi1thymcnasty1 around to team-troll. It’s not that I’m ignorant to the facts, I just don’t do very well one-on-one. Sorta like my Packers trying to take down AD, ya know?

What’s that? Even as a team, stacking the box they can’t stop him…?

29. tokyosandblaster says: May 7, 2013 4:42 PM

Brewdogg, you’re picking cities. Go straight to the border.

The packers won more games than the Vikings with this line, so I’m not too worried.

I didn’t even pick up the same name, because I hate Rosie O’donnell and I get blinded by fury. I’m working through it.

Facts are facts, and if it really is a fact, then I’ll acknowledge it. For instance, Packers > Vikings.

30. tokyosandblaster says: May 7, 2013 4:44 PM

tokyosanbblaster says:
    May 7, 2013 4:23 PM

What’s that? Even as a team, stacking the box they can’t stop him…?

—-

The Vikes can’t stop Aaron Rodgers, either. Packers beat the Vikes twice. Basically, my MVP > your MVP

31. brewdogg says: May 7, 2013 7:03 PM

Tokyo – Are you sure you want me to do that? I.Falls is almost directly north of Minneapolis on a border that runs straight east to west, but a direct line from GB to SSM is at least 40 miles shorter.

Fair enough point, but a good GM should still be exploring all options to improve his team.

Funny. I like that one. You do have your moments when you explore original thoughts instead of the same old, predictable, worn-out lines that we all know are coming before we even start reading the responses.

That is a rather broad opinion you are stating as fact…. Are we talking about current teams or the franchises in general? You should try to be a little more specific if you want your opinion to be accepted as a fact.

32. tokyosandblaster says: May 7, 2013 8:07 PM

Well, are you going city limits to city limits?

The center of Green Bay to the center of SSM may be shorter, but the edge of Minneapolis to the edge of International Falls is less, no?

Just the vast expanse of the twin cities as compared to Green Bay leads me to believe that it’s different.

If I’m wrong, I’m wrong.

As far as trolling and the same old same old, I honestly am not as hate filled as I pretend to be. I just return the favor. For more enlightened convo, head over to “the network” blog discussions.

33. oldlineman says: May 8, 2013 6:03 AM

As far as trolling, I don’t see it as a hate issue at all, not even a Vikings/Packers issue. For the native Wisconsin fans, more so a inferiority complex with their neighbors to the West. A high rate of alcoholism, combined with a very low rating of jobs/income breeding their expanding troll nation. Another expression of intensive self-loathing. Trolling providing quick, but short lived relief.