Bills sign seventh-round TE Chris Gragg

Chris Gragg AP

The Buffalo Bills signed the first of their eight draft picks on Thursday by inking a deal with seventh-round pick Chris Gragg.

The former tight end from Arkansas missed eight games during his senior season after suffering a knee injury. For his career in Fayetteville, Gragg caught 72 passes for 1,003 yards and seven touchdowns.

“It feels like the entire draft process is finally over,” Gragg said, via the team’s official website. “I’m back to being a football player now. I’ve been talking to the coaches and they seem very excited for me to be here and I’m ready to get to work.”

The Bills picked up the extra selection used to select Gragg in the trade with the St. Louis Rams on the first day of the draft. Buffalo traded down in the first round and picked up a second- and seventh-round in the process.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Home, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Bills sign seventh-round TE Chris Gragg”
  1. siggtacular says: May 10, 2013 12:30 AM

Maybe a potential starter for them

2. radioactivechimp says: May 10, 2013 12:32 AM

He’s not much of a blocker, but he’s an intriguing prospect because of his ability as a receiver. He ran a 4.50 at the combine, which I believe was the best time out of all the tight ends in attendance.

3. sb50 says: May 10, 2013 1:58 AM

I’m not a Buffalo Bills fan by any means, I’m actually an Eagles fan, however I think this kid will be a good player in the league. When I watched tape on Tyler Wilson, Chris Gragg was consistently catching footballs left and right. He seemed pretty athletic and ran great routes. He also went up against the best conference in college football so that should tell you something right there. It’s unfortunate what happened to him his senior season, but if you watch his junior tape, this kid is special.

Good pick Buffalo

4. buffalo75vette says: May 10, 2013 7:23 AM

Glad they signed him but….. Get the first 3 picks signed and get them in here to learn the play book

5. EJ says: May 10, 2013 7:36 AM

Once this kid learns a little more about blocking, he’ll be a big help for EJ Manuel.

6. jpaq68 says: May 10, 2013 8:12 AM

Talk about starting out at the bottom …….

7. jamiebuf12 says: May 10, 2013 8:36 AM

welcome to buffalo chris……….good luck :-)

8. ahoskie47 says: May 30, 2013 1:40 AM

Great sign, wonderful student from a great family and outstanding football pro. Gragg put on a show at the combines and expect to be an outstanding Bill’s Tight End.