Skip to content

Colts have signed six of seven draft picks

Matt Barkley AP

Linebacker Bjoern Werner is the only member of the Colts’ 2013 draft class without a contract.

In addition to the four previously reported signings in Indianapolis, Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star reports that the team has signed fourth-round center Khaled Holmes and fifth-round nose tackle Montori Hughes. As with all drafted players, both Holmes and Hughes signed four-year contracts with the Colts.

With the Colts trading A.Q. Shipley to the Ravens on Thursday, Holmes would seem to be assured of at least a role as Samson Satele’s backup at center. Given Satele’s less than stellar play in 2012, Holmes, who also played guard at USC, could challenge for more than that if he makes a quick adjustment to life in the professional ranks.

Hughes started his career at Tennessee, but finished his collegiate career at Tennessee-Martin after a pair of failed drug tests forced him out of Knoxville. The Colts’ defensive line has gotten a bit crowded with Aubrayo Franklin and Ricky Jean Francois joining the team this offseason so Hughes will have to stand out during camp in order to win playing time right off the bat.

Permalink 2 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Indianapolis Colts, Rumor Mill
2 Responses to “Colts have signed six of seven draft picks”
  1. slayisland says: May 10, 2013 11:09 AM

    All busts bad draft for colts execpt for mr.irrelevant

  2. cobramike05 says: May 10, 2013 10:42 PM

    ^clueless hater

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!