Broncos sign seventh-round pick Zac Dysert

2013 Senior Bowl Getty Images

The Broncos announced the signing of rookie quarterback Zac Dysert on Monday.

The 6-foot-3, 231-pound Dysert, a seventh-round pick from Miami (Ohio), will compete to stick on the Broncos’ roster. The Broncos kept three quarterbacks a season ago, with Brock Osweiler the top backup to Peyton Manning and Caleb Hanie third on the depth chart.

The Broncos released Hanie earlier in the offseason. The club currently has four quarterbacks on the roster: Manning, Osweiler, Dysert and undrafted rookie Ryan Katz.

As a senior, the 23-year-old Dysert completed 302-of-480 yards with 3,483 yards with 25 touchdowns and 12 interceptions for the RedHawks.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “Broncos sign seventh-round pick Zac Dysert”
  1. dontcorrectmeplz says: May 13, 2013 8:47 PM

“302-of-480 yards” Lulz. At least it’s not as bad as the mishaps nfl.com normally has on their articles. Keep up the good job Mike #2!

2. gweetarman says: May 13, 2013 8:57 PM

Champs.

3. benbulben says: May 13, 2013 8:58 PM

I like Dysert, and I like Osweiler. But I hope Dysert beats him out, the main reason being Osweiler has a mis-spelt tattoo on his arm and as a grammar enthusiast/Nazi i find this unforgivable.
    A franchise can’t be led by someone who cant spell. What if someone calls him a *unt and he thinks he has to punt?

4. yssupasigninnamnotyep says: May 13, 2013 9:07 PM

Yippee!! Welcome to loserville.

5. sc711 says: May 13, 2013 11:11 PM

Cecil Lammey has gone public and said he has zero chance.
    I JUST HOPE HE HAS A CHANCE TO SUIT UP ONCE.

Zac, I have been around football a long time…..don’t listen….fans like you….and what I see is what I see, what I know is what I know.

Get a tattoo of zero and do what I know you are capable of.

6. salutethis says: May 13, 2013 11:36 PM

Good for this guy but I hope he never plays in the regular season…