DeAngelo Hall: I got my money in Oakland, it’s not about that now

Philadelphia Eagles v Washington Redksins Getty Images

One of the worst contracts any NFL team has given a player in recent years was the deal the Raiders gave cornerback DeAngelo Hall in 2008. That year, Hall got a $7 million signing bonus and had already made $1 million in base salary when the Raiders cut him midway through the season. Hall says that’s a big part of the reason he doesn’t need to play for money anymore.

Hall, who went to Washington after leaving Oakland and is now on his third contract with the Redskins, said in an interview with Andrew Siciliano on NFL Network that it didn’t bother him when Washington cut him in March and then re-signed him to a contract that paid him far less than he had been scheduled to make. Hall says that after making all that money in Oakland, money doesn’t need to be his top priority anymore.

“I’ve been blessed,” Hall said. “I’ve been in this league a long time, I’ve made a lot of money – I got $8 million to play eight games in Oakland. So for me this time around it wasn’t about the money.”

Hall says that he thinks the Redskins are building a special team, and he just wants to be a part of it. And he doesn’t want contracts like his deal, or the enormous contract the Redskins gave Albert Haynesworth in 2009, to hold the team back.

“We started something here in Washington with coach [Mike] Shanahan,” Hall said. “That was the biggest thing I wanted to stress. I felt like my contract along with Haynesworth was the reason we were in the situation we were in. So for me it wasn’t about the money. I wanted to come back here, I wanted to finish something I started; I grew up in the Virginia Beach area, I’m a local kid, went to Virginia Tech so I wanted to be a part of this football team. I’ve been a part of it when we weren’t so good so to finally be on the cusp of being great, I want to be a part of that. I was willing to take that pay cut and get back on this football team and help us win.”

After agreeing to a deal that gave him a $250,000 signing bonus, $1 million in base salary and $1 million in incentives, Hall is likely to give the Redskins their money’s worth this season.

Permalink 99 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
99 Responses to “DeAngelo Hall: I got my money in Oakland, it’s not about that now”
  1. floratiotime says: May 15, 2013 9:52 AM

The Redskins definitely need to keep this loser around.

2. tvguy22 says: May 15, 2013 9:54 AM

Finally, some honesty.

3. ninerfan81 says: May 15, 2013 9:56 AM

Never cared for this dude since his ATL days but he has a nose for the football

4. inyofaceagain says: May 15, 2013 9:57 AM

Redskins need help if they want this bum

5. prc805 says: May 15, 2013 9:58 AM

what a change where players would come here for the money. Now they come to be a part of the RGIII era.

6. kmfuss says: May 15, 2013 9:58 AM

It is refreshing to hear someone say that too much money is not a good thing i.e. Haynesworth and that Hall is willing to play to win rather than asking for an enormous overpaid contract.

7. dino2997 says: May 15, 2013 9:58 AM

Only a team like the Redskins would keep a guy like this around.

8. rg3andthensome says: May 15, 2013 9:58 AM

Hall is a team player…Stop with all the Me Angelo…Dude did the right thing by the team.

9. starderup says: May 15, 2013 9:58 AM

He is an average corner with a Pro Bowl ego. The Falcons were so happy to see him to to another NFC team. I hope Mike Smith gets to punch him in the neck again someday.

10. manilarizzo says: May 15, 2013 9:59 AM

As a skins fan, and having had my not so friendly opinions about DH for a while now, I have to appreciate what he says here. Some legitimate perspective, some real desire to win at this game these guys are paid brazilians to play. Just glad we are on the Skins end of the deal and not the Raiders end.

Good man DH. Stand up comments. Now give us some picks this year and don’t complain if you’re moved to the nickel.

11. mrphootball says: May 15, 2013 10:00 AM

Hall knows we are going to be badass and Super Bowl contenders he wants a ring who can blame him.

12. vdogg says: May 15, 2013 10:02 AM

Yeah he’s such a great guy, except for the time he was gonna beat up a reporter, or whe he was threatening an official….he was told he was taking a pay cut or he was being cut.

13. jgrange says: May 15, 2013 10:04 AM

He received $8 mill for 8 games and never donated a cent of it to charity which is what the Raiders were basically giving him. He was torched by Eddie Royal repeatedly on prime time TV and then torched again in the media by Jay Cutler. The sad thing is that Hall and Javon Walker weren’t even the worst moves the Raiders made considering JaMarcus. Hate to say it but Al really needed a GM in his later years. *smh*

14. bigjdve says: May 15, 2013 10:05 AM

I am not a DH fan, however I liked what I heard here.

I still think he should be moved to free safety. I think that would play more into his current skill set.

15. humbleminded85 says: May 15, 2013 10:07 AM

It’s gotta be tough as a Skin fan watching this guy, one day he’s picking off 4 cutler throws while looking like the second coming of Deion Sanders(the one handed pick down the sideline was the sickest pic I’ve ever seen to this day) then the next game he’s getting burnt by possession receivers. He can be great when he want’s to be but other times…well…not so much.

16. brentonrules says: May 15, 2013 10:10 AM

“He was told he was taking a pay cut or he was being cut.”

He WAS cut from the team. Then re-signed when no better offers came through.

Everyone in these comments saying “Washington should keep this loser around.” THEY SHOULD, especially for that price!! Deangelo is still a playmaker, like it or not. He might get beat alot, but he’s got great hands, great speed, and apparently, he likes being in Washington.

17. r81ders says: May 15, 2013 10:12 AM

This guys a looser he likes to brag about how he got exposed in oakland and how he can’t play man..Redskins told him take it or leave it this bum has no choice he’s a big ego guy thinking he’s probowl material

18. cptkickurass says: May 15, 2013 10:12 AM

“I’m not going to lie, it WAS about the money”….said no professional athlete ever

19. dcsween says: May 15, 2013 10:13 AM

DHall starting the DHall History Rewrite Project. His explanation would have been more convincing if he had agreed to the contract re-do without having to be cut, shop the non-existent market, and THEN do the contract that’s about being a part of something. Josh Wilson didn’t hang around waiting to be cut first.

20. westcoastraider says: May 15, 2013 10:14 AM

8 million to get burned and embarrassed for 8 games straight… Giant D-Bag right there

21. twilson962 says: May 15, 2013 10:15 AM

Almost makes me like the guy…

22. 6thsense79 says: May 15, 2013 10:16 AM

Hall is a good read and react cb with a nose for the ball. He gets burned on more plays than I like. He can also incur boneheaded penalties at the wrong time but for 1-2 million dollars this year he is absolutely worth it. I don’t think there is any other free agent corner on the market better than Hall who we could have gotten for that price. Plus there is the added bonus that he already knows the system and his signing was a no brainer.

23. dwnhillwhaler says: May 15, 2013 10:17 AM

Yea cuz all the teams are throwing around big money to Over the hill under performing corners.

24. skinsfanwill says: May 15, 2013 10:19 AM

I don’t care what he did in the past, to take a pay cut that significant speaks volumes of his character. He could have made more money anywhere else. Take heed Orakpo.

25. n0hopeleft says: May 15, 2013 10:20 AM

This story, this player, and this franchise are a joke.

An even bigger joke are the Skins fans on this thread saying he is a team player.

The biggest joke is the “RGIII” era comments, as if this guy should be annointed an elite QB.

Win something significant, then talk. The Redskin fanbase doesn’t seem to understand the correct way of life.

26. realdealsteel says: May 15, 2013 10:22 AM

Hall is a bum. If the Redskins are serious about becoming a good team and a better organization, then they need to move on from this clown.

He talks too much and doesn’t bring enough to the table.

27. biggestredmiami says: May 15, 2013 10:23 AM

Ahhh yes, that one year in Oakland where you got your money.

28. rdrs68 says: May 15, 2013 10:24 AM

Yeah you got money you didn’t earn now shut up and play-you can play better than you can run your mouth can’t you?

29. mrrayda says: May 15, 2013 10:25 AM

This chumps mouth was always bigger than his game! Trust me, 8 million doesn’t go that far in today’s economy not to be concerned about getting paid. His pride won’t let him say anything different, he’s a bum!

30. niemikw says: May 15, 2013 10:25 AM

I got MY money? I am not a Raiders fan, but if I was, I would be ill reading that quote.

Pay day is this Friday. I am not going to show up to work on Monday. When my boss calls me, I am going to tell him I got my money. I’m good.

31. mrrayda says: May 15, 2013 10:29 AM

Oakland did him a favor by releasing him after only 8 games. He was targeted on every passing down just about with Nnamdi on the opposite side! The camera zoomed in on him after being cooked repeatedly, and you could see the humiliation/embarrassment on his face!

32. thereallogicalvoice says: May 15, 2013 10:35 AM

Manning will eat his lunch this year when they play Denver. Denver always eats DH’s lunch.

33. mtchainsmoker says: May 15, 2013 10:37 AM

To paraphrase: “People have finally discovered that I’m an overpaid, overrated, washed-up, never-has-been. Now I’m just lucky to have a job.”

34. burnzido says: May 15, 2013 10:39 AM

Seems like D. Hall has matured over the last few seasons. Loved when he punched Dez in the face on Thanksgiving though. Also loved when he shut Dez down in the last game of the Cowboys season. Now that his salary is in line with his production, I predict we will see big things from D. Hall this upcoming season. Sounds like the man is hungry for a ring!

35. capitaosuecia says: May 15, 2013 10:41 AM

He basically joked about the Raiders and somehow nobody on the comment area seems to care for it, with the exception of the coment above..

36. youknowwhatsgoodforshoulderpain says: May 15, 2013 10:42 AM

Translation: “Because I fooled Al Davis into thinking I was worth paying, I’m set for life.”

Well done, Hall. Way to keep it real!

37. pooflingingmonkey says: May 15, 2013 10:48 AM

You can’t fault a guy for trying to make a little money in Oakland, but you don’t want to stay there more than a year or so.

Regards,

Carson Palmer

38. dboys4124 says: May 15, 2013 10:54 AM

Are people really dumb enough to give him credit for taking a pay cut? He didn’t ‘take a pay cut.’ The team cut him because 8 million was crazy. He couldn’t find a better offer anywhere else so he came back to them at what they would give him. Lets not act like he is such a team player. No one was going to pay him more than $2.25 mil.

Also he didn’t get all his money from the raiders contract. If I remember correctly, that idiot Snyder gave him a $55 million contract in 2009.

39. jacunn2000 says: May 15, 2013 11:02 AM

This guy is just a bad human being. I love when this guy gets humiliated.

40. tooz72 says: May 15, 2013 11:04 AM

really shows how dumb Al Davis was

41. getyourownname says: May 15, 2013 11:08 AM

Apparently he has finally realized that his non-football career options are somewhat limited and getting closer.

42. rex1979 says: May 15, 2013 11:18 AM

So many Skins haters. Bring it.

HTTR.

43. officialgame says: May 15, 2013 11:18 AM

The market for Hall isn’t great and I’m sure that entered into his thinking. As far as the Skins and CAP restructured deals is akin to kicking money down the road to future years.

44. patrickvwashington says: May 15, 2013 11:19 AM

Matured?? You do realize the only reason he signed for so little money is because NOONE offered him anything higher. The league basically let him know what they thought of him. His only shot was to sign for little money with the skins. That was not his choice, which is why he said NO to a paycut to the skins earlier in the offseason.

45. majormeatcurtains says: May 15, 2013 11:19 AM

Translation: I got all the rape urges out of my system so now I’m ready to settle down.

46. rtant2013 says: May 15, 2013 11:21 AM

For those saying DHall is garbage, I challenge you to watch the 2nd portion of last season. Hall played lights out during the win streak after the bye. Yes, he got burnt a few times, but a portion of that fell solely on the 2nd string safties being out of position. But this guy shut down Dez in the last game of the season, and Dez had been playing really good at the end of the season. Hall may talk trash, he may have a huge ego, and he may have a slight attitude but personally (coming from someone who has actually met Deangelo on more then one occasion), he’s a really good guy to have on the team. He gets the team pumped and a playmaker, and really a pretty nice guy.

47. ibreathefootball says: May 15, 2013 11:21 AM

This guy is the definition of playmaker. He’s so bad he makes them for the opponent every game.

48. iceburgskin202 says: May 15, 2013 11:22 AM

To see him say he is here to win is refreshing. I can recall when my Skins were the destination of players “just looking to get paid” Exp. Bruce Smith, Dana Stubbefield, Prime Sanders, Jeff George, Albert Haynesworth and to all this I missed sorry but you didn’t leave many positive memories!!! I applaud him taking less money to stay with a team with a lot of potential. HTTR

49. bobzilla1001 says: May 15, 2013 11:24 AM

Upon being shown the door by the Steelers after the 2002 season, Kordell Stewart had made similar comments when he signed with the Bears. He said it was no longer about the money, that he was in Chicago to win a championship. Stewart was benched for good after four games.
    Poetic justice was served.

50. fground says: May 15, 2013 11:24 AM

for the most part players want the biggest pay cheque is all about ego… if I get paid more it must mean I’m better. That’s why no matter how much you pay some people they will never be satisfied.

Sounds like this guy has figured out 1 of 2 things:

1) He’s figured out that he isn’t good enough to get the biggest deal,
    2) He understands that being part of a team is more fulfilling than getting the biggest possible pay day.

Likely it’s some combination of both.

51. tatum064 says: May 15, 2013 11:25 AM

So hoping Raiders roll these clowns in week 4.

52. skinsrock says: May 15, 2013 11:26 AM

Everyone dogging D Hall, but remember the last game of the season last year when they played Dallas for NFC East supremacy? How many catches did Dez Bryant have that day?

4 catches, 71 sporadic yards, no impact… D Hall, runs his mouth sometimes, sometimes he gets burned… but he has made a lot of impact plays since being a Redskin… Hail!

53. dawsonleery says: May 15, 2013 11:31 AM

Hall is one of the most overrated players in NFL history. He can’t cover…. The guy can’t cover.

54. bunkslurpscrabmustard says: May 15, 2013 11:32 AM

How do you have any of that 8 mil left??

4 mil = taxes

1 mil = platinum and diamonds

1 mil = cars and rims

2 mil = crib

55. enlightenedskeptic says: May 15, 2013 11:32 AM

Anyone who believes the crap coming out of this poser’s mouth, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

This loser took a pay cut because he had no choice. An old senile man offered to pay him a lot of money and when Al finally woke up from his nap, he cut him, he was so terrible.

“It’s not about the money.” Anyone who buys this is as dumb as he thinks you are.

56. rgtre10 says: May 15, 2013 11:34 AM

Hate all you want all you doubters…but D Hall was on to something and recognizes RGIII has taken and will continue to have this team at another level. Whether Cousins or RGIII at the beginning of the season the team has 2 stud QB’s who know how to lead and win and with a year under their belts things can only get better. And as Pierre Garcon elluded to yesterday, last year they were learing the system and put up very good numbers, this year it’s about perfecting it…

57. skinsfan91 says: May 15, 2013 11:43 AM

RGIII set a rookie NFL RECORD in numerous significant qb stats. Passer rating, completion percentage, only rookie qb in nfl history with back to back 4 TD games. He led the NFL in completion percentage under pressure. All these stats people still say “RGIII isn’t an elite qb.” He may not be elite but he’s a lot closer than a lot of other QB’s. So excuse Redskins nation for being excited that for the past 3 years this team has been building the right way. We go from 5-11 to 10-6, from the div. basement to div. champs, and we’re not allowed to be excited? Give me a break and worry about your own team. You obviously just want to damper redskins’s fan’s spirits. In other words “Dudes is hatin’.” The future is looking bright with Orakpo, Carriker, Merriweather, back from injury and our draft selections. Can’t wait. Hail.

58. infectorman says: May 15, 2013 11:46 AM

must feel nice to see this comment if you’re the Raiders brass

59. skinsfan91 says: May 15, 2013 11:49 AM

I do think D Hall is full of it. If any team offered him an extra million or even half million, he’d be on the first flight out of town. Whether that team was any good or not . . .

60. grimmlock42 says: May 15, 2013 11:53 AM

I hope the raiders target him again Eddie Royal style. I hope whoever DeAngelo is covering, they throw his way. I would trade for Eddie Royal just for this game alone. He needs to get his you know what handed to him again.

61. deathspiralx says: May 15, 2013 11:59 AM

Unprofessional, mouthy, and so full of himself that he doesnt realize (or care) that his play in Oakland relects badly on him most of all… just the guy you want on someone else’s team.

Raiders blew it on him, but are doing things differently. Hall is still a douche.

62. tiksta says: May 15, 2013 12:09 PM

That 8 million went to the burn center for the treatment he recieved for those 3rd degree burns WR’s gave em in coverage…

63. redskinfansince82 says: May 15, 2013 12:10 PM

D Hall just keeping it real. He knows that We had a seat at the table and now we coming back for the desert. I told you guys last year RGIII is the reason playmakers will be coming to DC! love that dude. Now can we officially retire this MeAngelo monniker?

64. justintuckrule says: May 15, 2013 12:12 PM

What a humanitarian.

65. souldogdave says: May 15, 2013 12:13 PM

Qakland says thanks for nothin.

66. AntoineDodson says: May 15, 2013 12:15 PM

It’ll be about the money again once that 8 million is blown on prostitutes and juwray.

67. freepretzels says: May 15, 2013 12:27 PM

I don’t get it. He says something decent, and show some perspective and he stills get raked over the coals? Can he do anything right?

68. tory707 says: May 15, 2013 12:29 PM

Dude is one of the true bad guys in football. He will be out of football and broke in 5 years.

69. hedleykow says: May 15, 2013 12:30 PM

He fell one step short of holding up a sign that advertises his willingness to work for food.

70. luckyd8402 says: May 15, 2013 12:33 PM

He says all this like he had a choice. The Redtails will likely pay him $1,000,000 more than any team would have considered offering, so THAT, my friends, is why Sheangelo is back in DC.

71. kenstabler says: May 15, 2013 12:37 PM

The most overrated underachieving POS cornerback in NFL history. I was so pissed when AL traded a second round pick for this punk and gave him that kind of money. He played like a girl as a Raider and shamed every great Raider cornerback that wore the Silver and Black. The redskins deserve him, and he is part of the reason that the skins will never make it to the dance, he is the weak link. The guy gets toasted day in and day out in man to man coverage. I just don’t see what people see in this guy, and keep him around. When he is benched or cut, the Redskins will become a contender.

72. glock4429 says: May 15, 2013 12:38 PM

if he wasnt one of the most hated players by raider nation, im sure he is now. Nice slap in the face to oaklands front office.

73. kerryc21realty says: May 15, 2013 12:46 PM

Say what you want about this guy, he does give 100% on the field, that’s more then I can say about a lot of the guys in league

74. u4iadman says: May 15, 2013 12:56 PM

You absolutely gave up in Oakland and showed the type of character you have….I have no interest in you or your selfish ways.
    I hope you get what you deserve.

75. jaialaicharger says: May 15, 2013 1:01 PM

LOL! another Al Davis gem of a contract. Insert Joe Toronto comment here

_______________________________

76. djcologne says: May 15, 2013 1:02 PM

“I got my money from Oakland” = code for “I’m an oxygen bandit and stole paychecks, but my ego still enables me to look in the mirror”

77. fantom21 says: May 15, 2013 1:12 PM

Hall is a misunderstood guy. He kinda reminds me of Corteland Finnegan because most casual fans like to judge a players personality by his actions on the field rather than off. Hall is great for the northern Virginia community and he’s a fan favorite. I don’t get why most of the posters on PFT bash him for every action or comment he makes. Yes he’s rich, young, and outspoken– so what? I’d rather him be outspoken and fiery on the field than to be an arrogant sob who is constantly in trouble with the law.

78. redandgoldhitman52 says: May 15, 2013 1:22 PM

eddie royal is proud of you

79. Frazier28/7 says: May 15, 2013 1:22 PM

Man I hope that offense they run doesn’t kill RGIII’s career. That kid is fun to watch, it’s like if Adrian Peterson was a quarterback.

80. Slim Charles says: May 15, 2013 1:43 PM

Yeah, how dare this guy treat the NFL like a business.

81. educator7 says: May 15, 2013 1:58 PM

DeAngelo is what he is. A playmaker who is great at reading the qb, who also bites and gets burned with double-moves. He single-handedly lost one Dallas game for us, and single-handedly won another. However, under Raheem Morris last season, he did improve. Hopefully he can continue to take direction and get better. He does like DC; he has a lot invested with this team.
    Currently, with a bogus penalty, we have no other options. Ideally he’d be a 3rd corner or a FS.

82. cowboy4life29 says: May 15, 2013 2:04 PM

__________________________________

Like Jerry needs on now in D town.

83. mackcarrington says: May 15, 2013 2:16 PM

“I got my money”- Nuff said!!

84. thirdistheworrd says: May 15, 2013 2:35 PM

manilarizzo says: May 15, 2013 9:59 AM

______________
    As another Skins fan who doesn’t think much of D Hall, I don’y understand all the negativity. Yes, Hall can be a knucklehead at times (OK, let’s be fair, most of the time) but this is the kind of comment any team wants from one of its players– they’re here for the team, they’re here to play football, they’re not here for the paycheck.

If this was any other team, this kind of statement would be applauded left and right, and besides, who are we to criticize Hall for making an attitude adjustment?

85. thirdistheworrd says: May 15, 2013 2:45 PM

jgrange says: May 15, 2013 10:04 AM

_________
    First off, he sponsors two cancer charities and a school supply/Christmas toy drive for underprivileged kids. Just because he’s a knucklehead on the field doesn’t make him a bad person.
    Second, how were the Raiders “basically giving him [charity]”? They were paying a starting caliber CB in the prime of his career. Overpaying? Yes, but that’s business.
    I’m not sure what your definition of “torched in the media is”, but I hope it’s not this:
    “I’ve played against him before, there’s no reason to shy away from him. I mean… if we had to play them tomorrow, I’d go at him every time, if we could.” – Jay Cutler, minutes after throwing Hall an NFL record four INT’s. That sure is what most people would call “torched”.

86. piecesofvinyl says: May 15, 2013 2:52 PM

he couldnt hack the pressure of straight man coverage when he was in oakland. I remember the interview when he talked about the constant pressure he had to face.

87. skinsfan91 says: May 15, 2013 3:00 PM

I don’t think he’s a bad guy. Do you ever hear of any off field issues? He’s just lookin to get paid. It’s not happening now so he’s playing the “I care forr the team more than myself role.” Not the worst thing in the world. HTTR.

88. rayguyreturns says: May 15, 2013 3:07 PM

“Hall says that after making (STEALING) all that money in Oakland, money doesn’t need to be his top priority anymore.”

There, I fixed it for you.

89. nomoreseasontix says: May 15, 2013 3:17 PM

His specialty is watching receivers from behind. As they run into the end zone.

90. blu4l1fe says: May 15, 2013 3:18 PM

Hall is not hated by fans because he tends to talk. He’s not liked because he does a whole lot of talking and, really, has underperformed in the past, what, few years. Clearly underdeserving of any contract and that is why he sounds so appreciative of what he has right now and the team that he’s in. Wouldn’t anyone be? Hell, you have to be a real dumb a$$ to talk garbage and you were a signature away from being unemployed (i.e. T. Owens).

Atlanta grew tired of his “me first” attitude and let him go. And that didn’t even last him a season in Oakland. Of course he will be saying all the right things. A man in his industry and his age, he’s really lucky that the skins even signed him when they did. Hey, granted he wasn’t in the market that long, I didn’t really see a lot of suitors lining up if he’d stay unsigned.

Good luck!

91. gvboot says: May 15, 2013 3:28 PM

All I heard about this guy was what a jerk he is. I don’t see it. I’m a carpenter, if someone says to me, I’ll pay you 5 mil. to build me a hut made of sticks I’m doing it. Am I a bad guy for it? Guess that’s up to you. I think I’ll take this guy every day. Common sense trumps talent every time it’s tried.

92. gvboot says: May 15, 2013 3:38 PM

Seems he has both.

93. timbuttrum says: May 15, 2013 3:45 PM

Hey floratiotime, I’m curious to know how many games you have suited up for at the NFL level? Better yet, how many training camps have your participated in with any NFL team? I’m guessing none. The greatest NFL “loser” is still far greater than you so you have zero room to call any NFL player a loser.

94. moman2 says: May 15, 2013 3:54 PM

ummm yea d hall. we believe u as usual. not like u signed a contract extension BEFORE hitting free agency and wasnt even sniffed out by another team. loser who gets a few lucky INTs a season, all the good teams tear him a new one and he blames someone else. living in dc, i cant tell u how many times i saw a WR burn this bum just to see him turn and blame someone or throw his hands in the air. and when he was in ATL LOL

95. raiderapologist says: May 15, 2013 4:07 PM

jaialaicharger says: May 15, 2013 1:01 PM

LOL! another Al Davis gem of a contract. Insert Joe Toronto comment here
    ———-
    We laugh at the contracts San Diego gave Jared Gaither and Robert Meachem, so it’s all good. Still, I think Javon Walker was an even worse FA signing than Hall was for the Raiders. Walker got $21M for 15 receptions, 1 TD, and 196 yards.

96. heathshuler says: May 15, 2013 5:23 PM

i don’t know why he gets so much hate. yes, he was overpaid the last couple seasons; he’s not a bum.

he’s an above average cb at worst, i welcome him back with open arms, especially on the cheap.

97. mightyjester says: May 15, 2013 10:02 PM

I’ll admit that D Hall isn’t a great cornerback but lets not forget that he’s only a couple of years removed from being a pro bowler and a pro bowl MVP. He was also definitely a part of the 7 win streak last year when he played pretty well. I’m not sure if it was just his effort or if the coverages changed. I think they played more man.

98. defscottyb says: May 16, 2013 1:30 AM

Way to man up D Hall! Now get out there and have a career year and prove yourself. HTTR!

99. jdvalk says: May 16, 2013 10:18 AM

It used to be the opposite; players would get paid in DC and then show up elsewhere.