Kendall Wright drops 14 pounds after cutting out junk food

Kendall Wright, Rashean Mathis AP

You can always tell when you’ve reached the OTA portion of the offseason because of the spike in players talking about being in the best shape of their lives.

One of this year’s entries on that front is Titans wide receiver Kendall Wright, who told the Titans website this week that he’s never been fitter. Wright has dropped 14 pounds since the end of last season by working out at Baylor and by changing his diet to eliminate junk food. Wright thinks the latter is the bigger factor in his svelter look at the Titans’ offseason workouts.

“For the most part, it wasn’t about the running,” Wright said. “I just started taking care of my body and eating right. I wasn’t eating right at all. I was eating a lot of junk food because that’s what I like and that’s what I’d buy, but I cut down on that and just started eating right. When you don’t buy it, you’re not going to eat it, so I just stopped buying it.”

Wright led the team with 64 catches as a rookie, although his 9.8 yards per catch show that there’s plenty of room for him to grow as a player in his second season. Wright was able to threaten defenses down the field in college and you’d expect to see more of that in 2013 if the Titans offense takes the strides the team hopes to see. If not, at least Wright will look trimmer while catching short passes.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Tennessee Titans
10 Responses to “Kendall Wright drops 14 pounds after cutting out junk food”
  1. 4thquartermagic says: May 17, 2013 2:22 PM

Gonna need to drop another 230 (Jake Locker) if wants to improve his stats this season.

2. titansbro says: May 17, 2013 2:24 PM

Not sure why he wasn’t taking care of his body before but I’m glad he’s taking the initiative now. Hated using a 1st on a wr last year but since they did I’m hoping he can develop.

3. stainlessstill says: May 17, 2013 2:28 PM

Losing weight cutting out McDonald’s, Burger King & chocolate cake? YOU DON’T SAY? Tell me more….

4. denverbronconj says: May 17, 2013 2:48 PM

Don’t worry Kendall, when you retire, you can eat all the fast food you want, balloon up to become a sedentary obese athlete, ie OJ Simpson… then develop heart disease and succumb to heart failure or a heart attack like the rest of your peers…

It’s sad that you make all that money and can afford first class gourmet food but would rather eat cardboard meat from MickyDs, ie Chad Johnson

5. comatrip1 says: May 17, 2013 2:50 PM

Wasn’t he like 190 lbs to begin with? This dude’s gonna look like an 8th grader next to an actual man.

6. kingpel says: May 17, 2013 3:09 PM

My hero.

I am going to refrain from saying anything snide or condescending on this topic as I sit in my glorious glass house and enjoy my number 3 value meal.

7. purpledrank26 says: May 17, 2013 3:16 PM

He must have stopped following the Lendale White diet.

8. thenew013 says: May 17, 2013 3:25 PM

Good for him. My life would suck w/o red bull coffee and most importantly pepsi. Thankfully I am not an NFL athlete. I do hit the gym 3-4 times a week though so i am not a total slob.

9. twilson962 says: May 17, 2013 3:50 PM

He must have stopped following the Lendale White diet.

**********

I wonder if he’s laying off the Patron too!

10. bigblackbuddha024 says: May 26, 2013 6:05 PM

Allright now some of these comments make me sick. A friend of Wright’s said he liked to occasionally indulge in sweets. Why? Because he is a KID! A very talented kid that wants do everything in his power to help team win football games and when you give a young athlete millions of dollars sometimes they revert to old habits that could hurt their career as a professional athlete.