Brian Cushing “pretty sure” he’ll be ready to start camp

Brian Cushing AP

Texans linebacker Brian Cushing has said that his goal is to return from his torn ACL as a better player than he was before the injury and it sounds like there’s a good shot that he’ll be able to start trying to reach it when the team starts training camp.

Cushing said that he hasn’t had any setbacks while steadily doing more work. He’s up to running, squatting, jumping and doing position drills in his rehab and said that he feels he’s just missing a little bit of strength in the left knee as he prepares to get back on the field.

“My return is right around the corner, so that’s a good feeling,” Cushing said, via the Texans website. “I can definitely tell you I’ll be ready for the first game of the season, and I’m pretty sure I’ll be ready for the first practice come training camp.”

Cushing injured his knee on October 8, which means it will have been more than nine full months since his injury when training camp gets underway. He may not be ready for a full workload at that point, but it appears he should avoid the PUP list for even a limited amount of time this summer.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Houston Texans, Rumor Mill
11 Responses to “Brian Cushing “pretty sure” he’ll be ready to start camp”
  1. hyzers says: May 20, 2013 4:53 PM

Careful Brian. Wouldn’t want to see you to get “over-training syndrome” and test positive for PEDs again…

2. fosteraustralianfortouchdown says: May 20, 2013 4:56 PM

Get healthy we need ya! Defense was hurting down the stretch without ya.

3. snowman36 says: May 20, 2013 5:11 PM

Psssh! Rg3 wrecked his knee and will be ready to play week one

4. htowntexan13 says: May 20, 2013 5:31 PM

Cush, JJ Watt, Ed Reed, J Joseph, Antonio Smith, Mercilus, Kareem, Brooks Reed.. Bulls on Parade!
    Get well Cush. We missed you big time last year.

5. finswins says: May 20, 2013 5:36 PM

If he eats his Wheaties and PED’s every morning he should be OK!

6. mvp43 says: May 20, 2013 5:41 PM

If taking PED’s mean I’m on the field sooner helping my team win…. I’m all in.

7. granadafan says: May 20, 2013 5:50 PM

Deer Antler spray, Adderall, HGH, Roids, oysters, etc. No wonder the NFLPA is desperately trying to stall the true testing of HGH and enforce the rules for roidheads, er excessive working out players.

8. omeezyx says: May 20, 2013 6:30 PM

Even he will return before Derrick Rose does

9. bigdinla says: May 20, 2013 7:25 PM

Just keep using RGIII’s clear and you will be ready to go! Or call your old coach Pete, I am sure he can get you some more.

10. bluebongzilla says: May 20, 2013 10:03 PM

“If taking PED’s mean I’m on the field sooner helping my team win…. it means I don’t deserve to play in the NFL.”

Fixed.

11. 54isaiah17 says: May 21, 2013 12:36 AM

If I had to pick between him & RGKnee being ready for week one……I’d take Cushing, hands down!
    I’m not even a Texan fan but have much respect for this man watching him play against my team.
    I’d be shocked to see RGKnee before week 7, and if we do, he’ll be done by week 10!