Quentin Jammer still hopes to return to Chargers

Quentin+Jammer+Denver+Broncos+v+San+Diego+lNmweFWcmESl Getty Images

The Chargers haven’t shown much interest in re-singing cornerback Quentin Jammer since he became a free agent in March, but Jammer isn’t giving up hope that the only NFL team he’s played for might still come around.

Jammer was at a charity golf tournament near San Diego this weekend and said that he would like to remain with the Chargers even though General Manager Tom Telesco has been spending the team’s money in other places this offseason. Jammer understands that the team has identified more pressing priorities, but hopes he’s somewhere on that list.

“I’d love to come back,” Jammer said, via the San Diego Union-Tribune. “I’ve had conversations with them. I totally understood the direction they were going in. They said the door wasn’t completely closed. Hopefully, maybe down the road a little bit, the Chargers will offer me something.”

Despite his hopes, Jammer expects to wind up playing elsewhere in 2013. The Redskins hosted Jammer last month — the cornerback called it an “exciting” visit — and have been the only team strongly linked to Jammer since the start of free agency.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers
7 Responses to “Quentin Jammer still hopes to return to Chargers”
  1. nwfisch says: May 20, 2013 9:48 AM

I really don’t see why my Bears aren’t i nonhim. I think he’s a solid player, and if anything else, provides quality depth in case Jennings or Tillman go down.

2. nwfisch says: May 20, 2013 9:49 AM

I really don’t see why my Bears aren’t in on him. I think he’s a solid player, and if anything else, provides quality depth in case Jennings or Tillman go down.

3. mobuccsfan says: May 20, 2013 10:41 AM

I am not sure why more teams aren’t interested. He isn’t a shut-down guy by any means but been pretty darn solid overall from what I’ve seen since his time in SD. I think Tampa should give him a look as some solid backup-depth, especially since Ronde did hang his cleats this year. Surely he could be had one a reasonable one or two year, vet minimum type contract.

4. jaialaicharger says: May 20, 2013 11:30 AM

He was never a glamorous corner. Did not have a lot of picks but he did the dirty work. Was fanatastic in the open field tackles, good in run protection and solid coverage skills and he was never a distraction.
    My theory is that he wants to remain a corner and unfortunately he seemed very slow last year and was getting burned more often. He can extend his career as a starter if he moves to safety.
    Either way Q will be a good veteran presence on any team he signs with. Hopefully he gets to come back home.

5. v2rotate says: May 20, 2013 11:36 AM

The good news for Dallas fans is that he is still to young and to skilled for Jerrah to get involved.

6. ripseau says: May 20, 2013 12:13 PM

Bring him in to play next to weddle. He would b a pro bowl safety. Probably refuses to switch and why no one is inrerested in signing him

7. MTLighthouse69 says: May 20, 2013 3:27 PM

Move him to safety he will be fine there.