Henry Hynoski having surgery on Friday

Henry Hynoski AP

Giants fullback Henry Hynoski had to be carted off the field during the Giants’ organized team activity on Wednesday and the injuries he sustained will require surgery on Friday.

The Giants announced that an MRI on Hynoski’s left leg revealed an injury to his medial collateral ligament as well as a fracture of his lateral plateau. The plateau is a weight-bearing area at the top of the tibia in the lower leg. The team gave no specific timetable for Hynoski’s recovery from the injury, but the fullback is shooting for a return in time to play in Week One.

“I am going to set my mind to being ready for the first game of the regular season,” Hynoski said. “They said that is not an unrealistic goal, and I will do everything in my power to be ready for the start of the season.”

Hynoski played all 16 games for the Giants last year and was a key part of their run blocking while also catching 11 passes and a touchdown. Tight end Bear Pascoe has seen time at fullback in the past and could fill in there until Hynoski is ready or the Giants could look outside the organization for insurance in case Hynoski isn’t able to fulfill his goal of returning in time for the season.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Henry Hynoski having surgery on Friday”
  1. logicailvoicesays says: May 23, 2013 11:25 AM

So after the Giants get blown out twice by the Redskins again, this will be one of the excuses.

2. tombradyswig says: May 23, 2013 12:03 PM

lots on injuries in one part of NJ and lots of INT’s in another, GOT to be something in the water!

3. hawkforlife says: May 23, 2013 12:28 PM

Too bad, fullbacks are a vanishing breed, hope for a speedy recovery.

4. jdphx says: May 23, 2013 12:50 PM

Bring on the Hynoceros!

5. Mr. Wright 212 says: May 23, 2013 1:34 PM

Practicing on wet grass was genius by Tom SMH.

6. pnut87 says: May 23, 2013 4:38 PM

Well, I suppose if you going to have that kind of injury, now’s a good time to do it. Still plenty of time before the season starts. From what I hear the injury is typical of a series of micro stress fractures piled up over time that finally just gave out. I wish him a speedy recovery though, I have a soft spot for true FBs. He’s part of a dying breed.

7. spedman24 says: May 23, 2013 7:53 PM

Good. I hope all 53 giants need season ending surgery. Just can’t wait for Cruz to get Terrell Thomas-ed/Steve Smith-ed, and blows his career while the Mara’s continue to penny pinch. Classless franchise. So lucky to win that last SB, everything broke their way.