Greetings from Cleveland

site_1_rand_106021042_kevin_costner_100610_b_getty Getty Images

On Thursday, the VW bus made the relatively short trek over U.S. Route 50 and up Interstate 77 to the great city of Cleveland (yeah, that’s pretty obvious pandering).

The purpose is unprecedented, at least for me.  At some point between noon and midnight (and possibly later), a quartet of NFL media types will shoot a scene in Draft Day, the Kevin Costner/Browns flick currently being filmed on location.

The scene definitely will be shot; whether it makes its way into the final cut of the film remains to be seen.  (I’m hoping that, at a minimum, we’ll appear in the DVD saying in unison, “I think he just sh-t himself.”)

Speaking of we (and/or just sh-tting himself), the rest of the crew includes Alex Marvez of FOX Sports and SiriusXM NFL Radio, Jeff Darlington of NFL Network, and Seth Wickersham of ESPN.

I’ll be heading over there after the Friday morning radio routine in the great cities of Houston, Miami, Buffalo, and Dallas (more pandering) — and after taking the VW bus to the shop.

Apparently, a relatively short trek is more than it currently can handle.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Rumor Mill
19 Responses to “Greetings from Cleveland”
  1. howiefeltersnatch says: May 24, 2013 8:08 AM

How is calling the city of Cleveland ‘great’ pandering? It is a great city we’re proud to live here.

2. barkymingo says: May 24, 2013 8:15 AM

I’m sure a lot of people will comment on this about how terrible of a city Cleveland is and/or they didn’t know Cleveland still existed. Those people have obviously never been to the city, went to the Warehouse District, the Flats or tailgated for a Browns football game. The city of Cleves is one of my favorite places to visit and always will be. So go ahead and make your non-tasteful jokes about something that you don’t know about.

3. snowman36 says: May 24, 2013 8:15 AM

Kevin Costner? Cleveland? This movie is going straight to DVD

4. slizzyslizz says: May 24, 2013 8:16 AM

I figure you won’t post it but this should get a laugh or two from you Florio.

5. godofwine330 says: May 24, 2013 8:23 AM

Cleveland is a great city…so i packed up all my things and I moved to Medina, Ohio.

I was born and raised in Cleveland and I root for all their sports teams like I always have. Unfortunately, the city took a huge downturn as the 90’s progressed and the quality of the middle class areas were swallowed by the poorer neighborhoods. I love my city, but I felt safer buying a home more than 30 minutes outside of it.

6. benh999 says: May 24, 2013 8:24 AM

Cleveland, Houston, Buffalo, Miami, and Dallas… What’s next, the seventh circle of hell?

7. Mr. Wright 212 says: May 24, 2013 8:30 AM

I got friends who live in Cleveland who will disagree vehemently with the chamber of commerce interns posting above.

8. mz1394 says: May 24, 2013 8:31 AM

Love to visit Cleveland . Stay at the radisson and ur only like 15 min walking distance frm whatever u want to do sporting events, bars, house of blues, science center r&r hof etc. and no1 has to worry about being the designated driver or waiting for cabs . Absolutely love visiting a cpl times of yr

9. stlunatik says: May 24, 2013 9:06 AM

Great place to visit if you a robber, rapist, kidnapper, or general all round scum bag. Yes I’m talking about the Browns owner

10. 49erstim says: May 24, 2013 9:13 AM

So the “factory of sadness” has yet ANOTHER reason to be sad! Lol. Enjoy yourself, Mr Florio. :-)

11. thesteelers says: May 24, 2013 9:15 AM

Wow, you are in Cleveland? We feel sorry for your loss.

12. howiefeltersnatch says: May 24, 2013 9:18 AM

‘Here’s the train takin’ jobs outta Cleveland’

I seriously lol’d

13. ctiggs says: May 24, 2013 9:45 AM

I’m from and live in south west ohio (dayton & cincy) im glad i do not live near cleveland.

14. cowboylover says: May 24, 2013 10:19 AM

Forget Cleveland and pandering–that’s some awesome news for our favorite football guru and the creator of a website that makes us smile many times every day. Congrats, Mike!!

slizzyslizz–loved the video; too funny!!

15. garyzx7r says: May 24, 2013 10:59 AM

Cincinnati Dayton area is so much better… you’re a loser!

16. thesteelers says: May 24, 2013 11:58 AM

________________________________

Dayton and Cincinnati are dumps. Nothing to be proud about there.

17. doe22us says: May 24, 2013 1:35 PM

Lived in Ohio, Wayne County, Lorain County for 5 years I have relatives there, its just too damn cold and that is all.

18. matt2korn says: May 24, 2013 3:09 PM

I get it… I decided to read this article by this extremely relevant sports journalist Mike Florio (yeah, that’s pretty obvious pandering.) Who works for the great up and coming NBCSports Network (extraordinarily obvious pandering.) Someday around the year 2056, they might be able to grab upwards of 1.7% of ESPN’s market share (laughably obvious pandering.)

19. elfman2k3 says: May 24, 2013 9:25 PM

Cleveland Rocks! haters will always hate