Packers add rookie safety David Fulton

packers helmets getty Getty Images

The Packers have signed undrafted rookie safety David Fulton, the club said Tuesday.

Fulton (6-0, 196) played collegiately at Chowan University in Murfreesboro, North Carolina. He intercepted four passes as a senior.

The Packers now have six safeties on the roster, four of whom were undrafted free agents, including third-year pro M.D. Jennings, who started 10 games at free safety for Green Bay in the 2012 regular season.

According to the Packers’ online roster, Green Bay now has 89 players under contract.

Permalink 25 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill
25 Responses to “Packers add rookie safety David Fulton”
  1. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: May 28, 2013 3:19 PM

Ted Thompson is a genius.

2. bubbaone says: May 28, 2013 3:29 PM

Anybody out there have the numbers on this guy or seen him play?

3. GenXJay says: May 28, 2013 3:32 PM

Programmatic non-fit.

4. onbucky96 says: May 28, 2013 3:35 PM

Uh, who is this dude? In Ted we trust…

5. deltaoracle says: May 28, 2013 3:40 PM

Rick Spielman is a Magician is hilarious. And has a full, rewarding life. When he’s not waiting to make the first comment about a Packer story. Honorable mention: GenXJay.

6. We need Bud Grant says: May 28, 2013 3:47 PM

deltaoracle says:May 28, 2013 3:40 PM

———–

Knock it off. Rick Spielman is a Magician is hilarious and his comments are almost always witty, insightful, and right on target.

7. Carl Gerbschmidt says: May 28, 2013 3:49 PM

Rick Spielman is a Magician says:May 28, 2013 3:19 PM

Ted Thompson is a genius.

——

Why don’t you shut up? What? is Mr. Thompson suppposed to roll into training camp with just 53 players? If any one could, he could, but that’s not how the NFL works. I hope that helps.

8. jhein23 says: May 28, 2013 3:54 PM

Why the rips on this signing? Isn’t this what every team does this time of the year to fill out the 90 man roster and create competition?

9. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: May 28, 2013 3:59 PM

Carl Gerbschmidt says:May 28, 2013 3:49 PM

Rick Spielman is a Magician says:May 28, 2013 3:19 PM

Ted Thompson is a genius.

——

_____

What’s the problem? I’m just repeating what I’ve heard you say numerous times. So now you’re arguing with yourself? How do I know when to trust you?

10. immafubared says: May 28, 2013 4:10 PM

Lets see if I understand their (Packers Phil) : get a bunch of undrafteds for next to nothing and develop them and then after two year take the ones that you spent all the time and money on and get rid of them because a) they were smallish and always injured b) the played stupid and never really caught on c) they stayed pigs ears and not silk purses as expected or d) all of the above.

Walden, Zombo, Moses………

11. We need Bud Grant says: May 28, 2013 4:27 PM

Rick Spielman is a Magician says:May 28, 2013 3:59 PM

Carl Gerbschmidt says:May 28, 2013 3:49 PM

Rick Spielman is a Magician says:May 28, 2013 3:19 PM

Ted Thompson is a genius.

——

_____

—–

You tell him. I don’t get why packer rubes are so upset, you’re just repeating what they say 1000 times a day, that Ted Thompson is a genius.

12. tombradysponytail says: May 28, 2013 4:33 PM

Well, I guess they’re not too worried about Ponder taking huge leaps forward this year….

13. shaggytoodle says: May 28, 2013 4:33 PM

@Fubared what team turns all their undrafted players into superstars.

Walden, Zombo, and Shields are part of the reason the Packers were Champions a few years ago.

They have others players that they invested more in it is going to be their chance to show what they got.

I would bet GB gets more out of their UD players, because TT finds players that fit the scheme.

14. duluthfan says: May 28, 2013 4:38 PM

OK, I am a Vikings fan…I hardly post even on Vikings posts, I just mainly like to read comments. I have read enough on both Vikings and Packer posts to know there are more than a few trolls for both teams out there, but there are a few special ones that stand out. I am here, in “enemy territory” to say that “Rick Spielman is a Magician” doesn’t speak for all Vikings fans or even most of us…in fact he is in the vast minority. Just like the Packer’s have to put up with the likes of “filthymcnasty1″ and “tokyosandblaster”. That is not to say that “Rick” is a total idiot…I don’t know the dude, but it is pretty weak and classless to constantly go to other team’s blogs and take immature pot shots. I find it annoying with the few Packer trolls do it.

All that said, I like our rivalry, even though some of you would say there is no rivalry. Those might be just the “filthymcnasty1″s of your world. Let’s keep up the rivalry and have fun doing it. Now, get yourself a real QB…er, wait…

15. duluthfan says: May 28, 2013 4:42 PM

Oh, and how can anyone rip a signing of an undrafted free agent they’ve never heard of?? It’s not like this dude is slotted as the starting safety for christ’s sake…it is another body at camp. All teams do it. If this had been the Vikings signing, Vikings fans (including myself) would be saying the same thing the Packer’s fans are now saying….which is not much.

16. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: May 28, 2013 4:48 PM

@duluthfan –

Maybe you need to read a bit more. Can you point out the immature pot shots that I constantly take on Packer stories? Sure, I like to get Gerby going every once in a while, but it’s preposterous to compare me to someone like filthy or tokyo.

17. We need Bud Grant says: May 28, 2013 4:55 PM

@duluth

Hahaha. That’s right, he sure does get Carl going… Hahaha.

18. axespray says: May 28, 2013 5:24 PM

“Haha, the sissy green gay puckerz got a undrafted free agenzt….FAIL! Glay Matthews and shARon Rogerz like dudez! Ponder 4 MVP! packerz time is overz.”
    – every viking fan’s post on a packer article.

19. rasalghoul says: May 28, 2013 5:28 PM

Rick Spielman is a Magician = We need Bud Grant

Kinda pathetic to “like” your own posts and be your own cheerleader but whatever gets you through the off season.

20. tangysizzl says: May 28, 2013 6:17 PM

Good to hear from ya Duluthfan. Guess theres nothing like having 5-6 fans from each side of the rivalary giving their entire fan bases a bad name.

I take the bait from time to time and fire back at some of the dumb comments when I know I shouldn’t but sometimes I can’t help myself.

Just gonna have to stop feeding the trolls and maybe they will go away.

21. wafflestomp says: May 28, 2013 6:50 PM

I love it!!!

Green Bay signs, one of many, undrafted free agents nobodys ever heard of, except for the kid’s hometown, and this non-story generates 20 some reactions.

Tired of always getting kicked around, losers gonna hate. It’s all they have.

Obviously, the Packers are doing something right.

22. fredholliday14 says: May 28, 2013 7:55 PM

To answer all the questions. Yes D.Fulton is a great football player. I played against him for three years in college and he is one of the most physical guys you would ever play against. His tackle numbers are down because he was out at corner on an island because he was the best DB on his team. But whenever put in the situation he nevere missed a tackle. His interception numbers are down because while on that island no one threw at him, not even my squad and we was one of the best passing attacks in the DII nation. Just watch his film packer fans you guys would be impressed, I promise.
    @bubbaone

23. bobnelsonjr says: May 28, 2013 9:01 PM

The Packers will give players a chance. Only the best actually make it.

The Packers coaching staff is remarkable at making players.

This kid will be given a chance to improve and prove himself.

The Green Bay Packers are the team everyone should imitate.

24. duluthfan says: May 29, 2013 9:03 AM

Rick Spielman…you have a bit of a point…filthy and tokyo are really off the charts stupid and obnoxious. And maybe I need to read a bit more…I was using you as an example because of how you sought this story out and looked like you had to post anything first just to be a prick. That being said, your post was funny for obvious reasons. I don’t know…I am just sick and tired of all the immature trolling that goes on. But nothing I post will change the fact that it will continue to happen.

Hope there are no hard feelings, RS.

I love to hate the Packers! :)

25. ponderthedumpoffking says: May 29, 2013 9:30 AM

Rick has at least two screen names. His other is paint thinner pack fan.

There are way more Vikings trolls than packers trolls.

You guys give filthy and Tokyo a bad rap, but the truth is, if people like Rick weren’t here having four or five screen names, liking their own posts and trolling 5 times per article, filthy and Tokyo probably wouldn’t exist.

I joined to give those two some backup. Two vs 60 isn’t very good odds. They’re still smarter than the 60 Viking trolls combined, but 3 vs 60 is much better.