Grimm calls public intoxication arrests an “error in judgment”

Grimm AP

Buccaneers safety Cody Grimm has been arrested not once but twice for public intoxication since March 10.  On Wednesday, he acknowledged that he made an error in judgment.

Not once, but twice.

I have to learn from my mistakes,” Grimm said, via JoeBucsFan.com.  “I can’t change anything in the past.  I have to learn and move forward.  [My future with the Buccaneers] is up to [coach Greg Schiano].  All I can control is what I can do from here on out.  I am not going into details about it.  I’m moving forward.  That’s in the past.  It was an error in judgment, clearly.”

Grimm’s situation is complicated by the fact that the first charge was resolved with a deferred disposition, which surely prohibits him from being intoxicated in public for a finite period of time longer than three months.  Also, repeat offenders tend to attract the attention of the league office, under the personal-conduct policy.

Then there’s the question of whether the Buccaneers will make an example out of Grimm.  That’s usually how it goes in sports; the star players get the excuses, the backups become the examples.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
7 Responses to “Grimm calls public intoxication arrests an “error in judgment””
  1. cheapglazers says: May 29, 2013 4:34 PM

Nobody on this team has any judgement. It is the Glazer way!

2. lobos539 says: May 29, 2013 4:39 PM

Maybe this idiot should stop drinking so he won’t have another “error in judgement”

3. 6ball says: May 29, 2013 4:40 PM

”I’m not going into details. I’m moving forward. That’s in the past. ”

In sports parlance this is known as the ” Mcguire Defense ”

4. dartmouthstevens says: May 29, 2013 4:52 PM

What I wonder is how he manages to stay in shape? For a man to get stupid drunk it takes a lot of booze. Stupid drunk during OTAs? Sounds like the boy is not ready for football. Time to get rid of the problem. First one is free. The second one is “conduct unbecoming” and deserves some team/league tough love.

5. cowboyhater says: May 29, 2013 4:53 PM

Well, what do you expect. His role model was his dad who would go into the shed with the hogs and get lit up after practice. Like father, like son…..

6. thememyselfandiguy says: May 30, 2013 5:38 AM

at least this is not a DUI case.

7. onermedboxer says: May 30, 2013 2:46 PM

Apparently he showed up to the first practice after his arrest and had one hell of a day making plays all over the field.

Now only if Detroit can master this technique