Kyle Bosworth, nephew of The Boz, signs with the Giants

Kyle Bosworth, Pat Angerer AP

There was a time when Brian Bosworth was probably America’s most famous linebacker, a college superstar and Sports Illustrated cover boy who was known for his blonde mohawk, his diamond earrings and his steroid-enhanced physique. If you’re not old enough to remember that time, you probably look at his NFL career — which consisted of a grand total of 24 games in three seasons — and wonder, who cares?

But I am old enough to remember that time, and The Boz is still real to me, dammit. So when I saw the news that Kyle Bosworth, nephew of The Boz, has signed with the Giants, I thought it was worth mentioning.

Kyle was nowhere near as well regarded a college player as his uncle — Kyle was undrafted out of UCLA — but he has already played in 25 NFL games, surpassing his uncle’s career total. Kyle Bosworth played in all 16 games for the Jaguars last season, starting five.

Although Kyle isn’t as flamboyant off the field as his uncle, he is engaged to one of the Real Housewives of Orange County, giving Kyle two close relationships with people who are famous mostly for being famous.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
16 Responses to “Kyle Bosworth, nephew of The Boz, signs with the Giants”
  1. logicalvoicesays says: May 30, 2013 11:20 AM

Little Bos will be trucked by Alfred Morris just like Dad was by Bo. #REDSKINSaretheBurgundyandGoldStandard

2. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: May 30, 2013 11:26 AM

I’m not a great “Real Housewives of Orange County” mind, but I guess I kind of expected that the housewives were already married.

3. mortimeryoung says: May 30, 2013 11:26 AM

He couldn’t catch on with the Jacksonville Jaguars, who don’t exactly have a corps of hall-of-fame LBs.

Which means that this is a story about a guy who is only famous for having close relationships with people who are famous mostly for being famous.

4. z561 says: May 30, 2013 11:27 AM

He sucks (relatively speaking, of course).

5. thegreatgabbert says: May 30, 2013 11:31 AM

Well, if you want to get technical, the lady is actually a Real Fiance Of Orange County. Assuming they live in Orange County, that is. Is anything Real, anymore?

6. royhobbs7 says: May 30, 2013 11:55 AM

Logical Voice.

You are not quite correct here. Lil Boz is not going to make the Giants.

However, let’s really be logical. How sad are you going to be when RG III can no longer play QB because his knees are shot and the Redskins resume their basement lodging.

RG III probably has 2 or 3 more years before his knees are compromised. But don’t believe me; I’m only doctor (although not an orthopedist).

Mind you, I’m not wishing it. I really admire Robert but …………………………

Let’s Be Logical

7. tdk24 says: May 30, 2013 12:00 PM

I can’t wait to see McFadden run him over!

8. giantsalldaysb42461 says: May 30, 2013 12:06 PM

@logicalvoicesays says:

1st of all #FatAlfredMorris will barely break 1,000 yards rushing this year because the NFL is 2 Good and will have caught on to you guys running your “Gimmick Offense.” 2nd… What happened when you guys were up 14-0 in the Wildcard and the Seahawks scored all those “UNANSWERED” Points to beat you guys??? #EpicFail smh #Back2theBottomYouGo Lmao

9. gcsuk says: May 30, 2013 12:07 PM

logicalvoicesays says: May 30, 2013 11:20 AM

———————————————————————-

Wrong on 2 counts.

First, there is a decent chance Bos won’t make the cut, so no chance for Morris to “truck” him.

Second, Redskins are not anybody’s “gold standard”. Having “back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back” losing seasons and THEN having a winning season does NOT set a gold standard.

Even as a Giants fan, I would put the Patriots as the current “gold standard” in the NFL.

10. justintuckrule says: May 30, 2013 12:07 PM

I sold a Boz poster on ebay for $50.

11. frankiemontana says: May 30, 2013 12:30 PM

Boz is still having nightmares from getting plowed by BO,classic game.

12. genericcommenter says: May 30, 2013 12:41 PM

His fiancee is a daughter of a housewife-ex-wife/ex-Playmate. Her dad is, of course, ex-pitcher Matt Keough. Brother/son Shane tried to play baseball.

13. purplepride74 says: May 30, 2013 1:27 PM

Rick Spielman is a Magician says:May 30, 2013 11:26 AM

———-

Who said she isn’t yet married to somebody else? This is LA, you know…

14. randomcommenter says: May 30, 2013 2:02 PM

If he gets cut will he make Stone Cold 2?

15. thejimthorpejamsession says: May 30, 2013 2:45 PM

You should make sure to confirm the position played by the younger Mr. Bosworth. Don’t assume that your readers know it. Don’t assume that they will or should infer that because Brian Bosworth was a linebacker that his nephew is as well. Just an observations to share.

16. mazblast says: May 30, 2013 4:22 PM

The Boz. If there was ever a player who embodied Shakespeare’s “full of sound and fury, signifying nothing”, it was Brian Bosworth. Until Manti Te’o came along, I’d never seen a LB so overrated.