Report: Tebow’s camp is privately admitting he’s done in the NFL

Tebow Getty Images

The news around Tim Tebow has been quiet since he was cut by the Jets, but it’s been widely assumed that Tebow is still hoping to catch on with some NFL team. The people advising Tebow, however, may have come to the conclusion that there simply isn’t an NFL team willing to give him a shot.

David Fleming writes in ESPN the Magazine that members of Tebow’s camp are privately admitting that his NFL run is probably over.

Although Tebow did have some success as the Broncos’ starting quarterback, leading Denver to a playoff win after the 2011 season, Fleming quotes an unnamed scout as saying that even during his best run with the Broncos, the work he put on tape did nothing for NFL personnel people.

“He’s not a quarterback,” the scout said. “When you look at his run two years ago, when you watch the tape and break it down, he wasn’t really doing anything that impressive. He’s a tough guy, a great leader, a great person. But he isn’t a good enough quarterback to have all the distractions that come with him.”

Among the problems NFL teams have identified about Tebow, according to the report, are that he has a hard time remembering plays, he didn’t run the offense well and got the Broncos flagged for delay of game too often, he struggled to read defenses and he didn’t have the self-awareness to know what he wasn’t doing well and work on improving those issues.

There’s also, obviously, the fundamental issue of passing accuracy: Tebow’s career completion rate of 47.9 percent is way too low, and Fleming describes a scene in Broncos practice in which coach John Fox was aghast to see Tebow throw a pass so badly that it landed on the ground far in front of the intended receiver’s feet.

Add it all up, and no matter how exciting a season he had with the Broncos in 2011, Tebow just doesn’t look like an NFL quarterback. He and the people around him may be coming around to accepting that.

Permalink 177 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
177 Responses to “Report: Tebow’s camp is privately admitting he’s done in the NFL”
  1. goraidersgospurs says: May 31, 2013 1:48 PM

He should have retired after that steelers playoff game, so he could have went out on top!!!

2. heyguru1969 says: May 31, 2013 1:49 PM

I’ve been privately admitting that for 2 years.

3. nfl4days says: May 31, 2013 1:49 PM

Tebow can thank the media for that. Teams don’t give him a chance because they know the luggage that comes with him.

4. sonopazzo6 says: May 31, 2013 1:51 PM

Bummer……..I would have liked to have seen him in Eagles green!…….best of luck to you Tim Tebow, you’re a winner if not an NFL QB!

5. frogmantm says: May 31, 2013 1:51 PM

I realize he’s no good as an NFL QB, but at least he didn’t have a “butt fumble.”

6. scytherius says: May 31, 2013 1:52 PM

I can’t imagine anyone is surprised.

7. idonthavethebloodyoucrave says: May 31, 2013 1:52 PM

The sad fact is, if he didn’t have an imaginary friend, we could all agree that he’s terrible and never have to hear about him again like all the hundreds of other QBs that were drafted with “promise” but amounted to nothing.

8. dannymac17 says: May 31, 2013 1:52 PM

Would anybody really be surprised? I admire the guy for his dedication and tenacity, but at some point he must have to understand he is not a quality NFL QB.

9. shackdelrio says: May 31, 2013 1:53 PM

So I assume people that work at ESPN on the tv side don’t read ESPN the magazine.

10. bobcrs says: May 31, 2013 1:53 PM

Finally over….Can we now move away from this guy and let the Canadian press have him with his new career up there

11. sdcameron says: May 31, 2013 1:53 PM

He is obviously a gifted athlete, why not try the guy as an H-back?

12. jm91rs says: May 31, 2013 1:55 PM

I can guarantee you if he said publicly ” I’m not good enough to be a qb in the nfl, but ill play whatever position a team needs me to play,” someone would sign him and find a spot to use him.

13. peanutele24 says: May 31, 2013 1:56 PM

Took em that long to see this ?hmmm..

14. section112 says: May 31, 2013 1:56 PM

FINALLY !!!!! Now if all the worshipers can
    BELIEVE DAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. ecupatsfan12 says: May 31, 2013 1:57 PM

The people in Bristol Connecticut must be having heart attacks right now.

16. christopher525 says: May 31, 2013 1:58 PM

Mr. Tebow, I believe a Mr. Jim Ross passed some information along to the NFLPA last week that might interest you.

17. cometkazie says: May 31, 2013 1:58 PM

Sounds about right to me.

I wonder what he will be doing for a living?

18. therillest says: May 31, 2013 1:59 PM

Don’t give up Tim, that’s what they want you to do….dont give them the satisfaction!

19. Wisconsin77 says: May 31, 2013 1:59 PM

Should have went to the Jags instead of the Jets when he had the chance. But he thought he would get much more publicity in the NY Market. Bad miscalculation on his part, he should know only bad publicity and other players throwing you under the bus comes from the Jets (As Favre found out). No he’s done in the NFL. Should have went to the Jags when you had a chance.

20. japmen says: May 31, 2013 1:59 PM

Finally! Being a great guy doesn’t make you a decent QB. Go to the CFL or find another passion Tim.

21. mattsffrd says: May 31, 2013 2:00 PM

become a tight end or a fullback if you want to stay in the game.

22. fissels says: May 31, 2013 2:01 PM

He should go prove himself(or not) in the CFL and come back ala Doug Flutie. Either way I wish him well!

23. rickywatts80 says: May 31, 2013 2:01 PM

22 Wonderlic… no surprise that the home schooler has no self awareness of his faults.

24. damcmp says: May 31, 2013 2:02 PM

Good…go be Elmer Gantry!!

25. pinion8ted says: May 31, 2013 2:05 PM

… and yet, Mark Sanchez still has a job

*shaking my head*

26. naejon says: May 31, 2013 2:06 PM

If Tim really loves football he will at least attempt a second position. walking away now would be like taking his ball and going home. I know Tim has plenty of other opportunities which he could be happy with( and a lifetime to pursue them), but if he is truly passionate about football, he will be willing to make the compensation.

27. westampa says: May 31, 2013 2:07 PM

Maybe he should sign Jay-Z as his agent.

28. nyyjetsknicks says: May 31, 2013 2:08 PM

Fantastic. Now I can turn on ESPN during the season. Oh wait, they hired Ray Lewis. never mind.

Ray Lewis: You see this LB get beat on that run? That’s because he has not accepted Jesus as his lord and savior.

29. fwippel says: May 31, 2013 2:08 PM

Reminds me how Doug Flutie was treated. It’s a shame.

30. creamsiclecannon says: May 31, 2013 2:09 PM

Lets be honest here I there were a player who’s career was play by play the exact same as Tebows except his name was something else and had a quite personality no one who say he deserved a second chance let alone his first chance

31. glennalan16 says: May 31, 2013 2:10 PM

report should read: Sanchez and Tebow’s camps are privately admitting they’re done in the NFL.

32. fievel03 says: May 31, 2013 2:11 PM

Probably wishing he didn’t give so much money away to charity right about now….

33. jimbo75025 says: May 31, 2013 2:15 PM

Sigh. I used to be one of the biggest Tebow bashers out there, then a funny thing happened last year, I actually started to feel sorry for the guy. Good luck to him whatever he does now.

34. sourceformerlyknownasunnamed says: May 31, 2013 2:16 PM

japmen says:
    May 31, 2013 1:59 PM

Tebow has a true passion and openly admitted that the NFL was simply a platform for that passion. Unfortunately for Tim, football is bigger than even the Beatles.

35. kjp0810 says: May 31, 2013 2:16 PM

I guess Jerry Jones was actuallly right after all.

36. pem34 says: May 31, 2013 2:16 PM

Well don’t worry – Calvin Johnson is producing an Abstinence Movie so y’all will still have someone to troll right out the league when Tebow is not around.

37. mnajb says: May 31, 2013 2:20 PM

Is he just too proud to be a running back? He could be pretty good if he just converted to full time runner.

38. mikejsmith32 says: May 31, 2013 2:20 PM

I wondered why Tebow was having such a hard time finding another NFL team.

Given that I don’t know about him, it’s sad to think that he’s not self-aware enough to work on improving. It makes me think he’s not serious about being in the NFL.

39. occamssabre says: May 31, 2013 2:20 PM

But, but, but…Skip Bayless keeps telling me that Tebow is a better QB than Joe Flacco and just about every other QB in the league?!? How could EVERY team be so wrong, Skip?

40. durangokidii says: May 31, 2013 2:22 PM

And just when we thought Tebow was down and out of the NFL, Marion Barber runs over Peyton Manning while at the same time Matt Prater kicks three 50 yard field goals that viciously strike Brock Osweiller and Zac Dysert. Having no other options, the Broncos sign Tim Tebow, who leads them to just enough victories for the playoffs after Pestillence rains down on their opponents game after game. Comeback on.

41. wlubake says: May 31, 2013 2:24 PM

Josh McDaniels did this guy a disservice drafting him in the first round. Had he been a 4th round QB or later, he could have sat as a 3rd QB for some team and learned to play the NFL position better.

Now he just has to hope the Urban Meyer takes an NFL job.

42. jt38 says: May 31, 2013 2:24 PM

Jim McMahon will make him the next WWE champ

43. hawkforlife says: May 31, 2013 2:26 PM

that there simply isn’t an NFL team willing to give him a shot.

The problem with this story is that phrase. He had a shot, more than one, he failed. A lot of QB’s get one shot with a team and then get cut in the spring never to be heard from again. You don’t report those cuts as somehow the NFL is at fault.

Enough with the poor Tebow crap.

44. hedleykow says: May 31, 2013 2:27 PM

I know a lot of you haters have a hard time believing the truth, but it’s true, haters, that Tebow was in fact railroaded out of the NFL by the media. I know this because I have received the exact same treatment as Tebow from a particular media-affiliated football news and rumor website. It seems that my best comments — the ones that bear testament to my amazing football insight and admirable character — are always deleted by the site’s comment control Nazis, while my less brilliant comments — the ill-advised ones that speak directly to my bad attitude, hate, bigotry, slacker mentality and/or drunkenness — never get deleted, resulting in negative judgment of me.

I see right through them (the media) and the sinister methods of manipulation they use to tear me down, piece by piece, bit by bit, until public perception of me is so low that I, for all intents and purposes, am unemployable (same as Tebow). Dare I say that neither Tebow nor I will ever surrender to the censorship, oppression or the merciless blackballing attempts by the Illuminati conspiring media.

We will be back.

45. chessic4 says: May 31, 2013 2:28 PM

I’d rather have a QB that wins than one that “looks like an NFL quarterback.”

46. nxsteven says: May 31, 2013 2:29 PM

Not a single team in the NFL wants to deal with their fanbase up in arms to start because a decent RB isn’t their starting QB.

Tebow fans can thank themselves for this.

47. vegaskid21 says: May 31, 2013 2:31 PM

This means Mel Keiper Jr. was right. I’m going to be sick to my stomach.

48. SAV says: May 31, 2013 2:31 PM

Tebow is bigger then a QB…he should take his youth and popularity to the MMA world and beat people up.

49. 49erstim says: May 31, 2013 2:31 PM

For the people claiming he should switch to RB….. Being a QB that runs is NOT the same as being a running back. As a running QB you get the defense back-pedaling and you bolt. As a RB those same defenders are running downhill on the attack. As a running QB you have the option to slide and are protected. As a RB he would NOT be. He knows this and that is why he sticks at QB….much to the detriment of his career.

50. edtiley says: May 31, 2013 2:31 PM

First rounder, 67% college completion record, Heisman, lavish pre-draft praise from Guru Gruden about his ability to make every throw on the field, millions of dollars thrown his way, he’s set for life.

Masive draft bust, or the best QB wasted by the NFL since Jim Plunkett?

51. auroraborealisfan says: May 31, 2013 2:33 PM

For the record (again) whether you think Tim Tebow is a good Quarterback or not, he was instrumental in bringing the Broncos out of an 0-4 start to winning a play-off game. Those who say it had nothing to do with Tebow but only the defense, what did the defense do during the first 4 games. It seems that you should, at the least, give him football credit for what he has done in football… there is more to this young man than just being a good guy.

52. mrplow3 says: May 31, 2013 2:34 PM

This is the absolute WORST thing that could happen to Tebow haters.

You know why?

Now his legend will never, EVER die.

Nobody game him a chance to fail after that miracle season in Denver. Hence, Tebow haters now have a legend on their hands to deal with for the rest of their days.

I find it hilarious actually.

53. johnelwayishorsefaced says: May 31, 2013 2:35 PM

I’ve never been a Tebow fan but one thing that has always confused me is, with all the idiots and criminals in the NFL, why so many people pick him as the guy they decide to hate and say terrible things about. I hate organized religion and I understand that his overt displays of his religion are pretty annoying sometimes but how about hating a rapist (Big Ben) or and animal torturer/murderer (Vick) instead?
    And to the people who so often trash his skills here: how many Heisman’s have you won? How about college national championships? What about NFL playoff games?
    That’s what I thought.

54. philvil41 says: May 31, 2013 2:36 PM

FINALLY!! Please just go away.

55. citizenstrange says: May 31, 2013 2:37 PM

Well he did badly outplay Roethlisberger in that playoff win.

56. buffalomafia says: May 31, 2013 2:39 PM

The CFL is an option?

57. shlort says: May 31, 2013 2:40 PM

heyguru1969 says:May 31, 2013 1:49 PM

I’ve been privately admitting that for 2 years.
    _________________________________

I have been publicly saying that for 2 years. Most people called me a hater and whatever else, but I know football and guys that play like Tebow plays don’t make it in the NFL at QB. There is a long list of guys who crowd the same piece of paper Tebow is on.

58. vcupats says: May 31, 2013 2:41 PM

Tebow would have lasted longer as a bench warmer who never saw significant playing time.

59. yssupasigninnamnotyep says: May 31, 2013 2:42 PM

Hallelujah!!

60. nyjagsfan says: May 31, 2013 2:42 PM

Ironically, Tebow Camp is where Timmy will be working next, teaching second class athletes that one day they too can dominate national sports headlines if they just really, really, really like Jesus.

61. bigbluefan11 says: May 31, 2013 2:42 PM

He is out of the league because of the sh*tstorm that follows him around. If not for the media circus, he would have at least gotten a sniff somewhere. If he would knock off the PUBLIC bible thumping and decline to speak to the media, and concentrate on his craft, he might get another shot. Doubt it will happen.

62. texansdude says: May 31, 2013 2:46 PM

The ESPN spin machine will still find ways to talk about him for the next five years! Look what they did with T.O.!

63. rushmatic says: May 31, 2013 2:47 PM

Let me guess: Tebow feels let down by god, but it’s obviously part of a bigger plan where god has something even MORE special in store for the young man. At the same time, had he achieved success as an NFL QB, against all odds, god was on his side the whole time and the plan was in place from the start. That about sum it up?

64. divan22 says: May 31, 2013 2:47 PM

“Well he did badly outplay Roethlisberger in that playoff win.”

Ignorant fans like you are the problem. Is football a 1-on-1 sport?

Tebow’s pure trash as a QB and I don’t care if he never lost a game. Football is the ultimate TEAM sport and anybody with a clue (like, say, all the NFL’s personnel people who are turning a cold shoulder to him now) knows it was the Broncos D that deserves most of the credit for their run in 2011.

65. smackingfools says: May 31, 2013 2:47 PM

So.. Tebow scores over 50 td’s in one season at Florida with basically the same offense that NFL teams are running now and he ain’t find a job?? That’s funny. Sad to see somebody being hated so much because he believes in God. He is the person we all wish we could be. That should be commended. This world has became a joke.

66. jasonsoroski says: May 31, 2013 2:48 PM

I look at the QB’s that have jobs in this league, and I just shake my head.

67. twilson962 says: May 31, 2013 2:48 PM

He seems like a stand-up guy, and a helluva a leader. If he was ‘just another guy’ I’m sure some team would give him a shot. But the media circus that is Tebowmania has to make it tough for a team to bring on a mediocre QB.

He’ll land on his feet. Whether it’s in the CFL, the NFL, ESPNU, or back at a ministry, he’ll be fine.

68. jasonsoroski says: May 31, 2013 2:51 PM

Where was Denver’s defense when the team was 0-4? Was Tebow playing defense or something???

69. jasonsoroski says: May 31, 2013 2:52 PM

I wager he will be given a chance somewhere mid-season by a team going 0-6. Jacksonville anyone???

70. 13arod says: May 31, 2013 2:54 PM

stupied teams this guy is a QUARTERBACK and is better then most quarterbacks in the LEAGUE

71. gnorules says: May 31, 2013 2:54 PM

So again like other people said….. why is he not willing to change positions again to try to stay in the NFL? He can steamroll linebackers when he gets running with the ball so why not try to play H-Back or Tight End? I don’t get it. Is his ego so big that it’s QB or nothing? I thought he was supposed to be a modest guy who wanted to help the team win games.

Otherwise go start trying to be a college coach of some sort if he wants to stay in football.

72. rushmatic says: May 31, 2013 2:56 PM

smackingfools says:

________________

The problem with people like you is that your vision of the world isn’t necessarily reality. Also, you condemn people for not thinking like you do and this equates to everyone else being wrong in your mind. If you can’t see the folly in this, yes, much of this world is a joke, in my opinion.

73. arackowski says: May 31, 2013 3:02 PM

Tebow would probably be able to sign with a team that has an established NFL QB anytime. In Green Bay Mike McCarthy once said that he would “love to develop him”.

But the thing that I keep in mind is that ONCE Tebow signs with a team….should there be a major injury, he is once again at the mercy of an NFL GM allowing him out.

I think he is hanging out waiting for an injury. Note – I did not say he is “hoping” for an injury.

74. thatstinks says: May 31, 2013 3:02 PM

With as many horrible qb’s as the NFL has I’m floored that no team would at least bring him to camp and give him a chance to make a roster .

75. trebor64 says: May 31, 2013 3:02 PM

Joe T thinks he can make a basketball player out of him…

76. jpm557 says: May 31, 2013 3:04 PM

The Jets had one goal for 2012: Kill the career of Tim Tebow. Sanchez just decided to kill his too

77. tommysaint1 says: May 31, 2013 3:06 PM

So does skip bayless along with all of the annoyances on first take finally go away?

Are they still there? I quit watching ESPN because with their Tebow coverage it was obvious they weren’t taking sports as seriously as ratings.

78. shadowcell says: May 31, 2013 3:06 PM

Funny how that whole “Tim Tebow is a great quarterback because of the Broncos’ miraculous victory over Pittsburgh” story always seems to end before Tim Tebow and the Broncos get beaten six feet into the ground by the Patriots.

Only by some very selective memory does this story persist.

79. jpmelon says: May 31, 2013 3:08 PM

Too proud to return kicks for the Jets…..took too many delay of game penalties due to “Tebowing” I think.

He’ll have a long career in TV if he wants it.

80. n123n123 says: May 31, 2013 3:08 PM

The word for this story, along with many others, is called – Propaganda. And with enough propaganda, another word emerges – Brainwashing. And they both work. Fact is, Tebow helped rescue the NFL after the players strike in 2011, and the NFL stands to lose market $hare – Big Time – if this kid does not play in the league.

81. hehateme2 says: May 31, 2013 3:10 PM

You Tebowites are the ones responsible for his failure. Sorry, but NO team wants to deal with you folks.

So… understand that all the attention doomed him in the NFL. Karma.

82. ynzer says: May 31, 2013 3:13 PM

Amen.

83. cajunaise says: May 31, 2013 3:13 PM

Tebow’s diehard fans will always say he’s a great quarterback, despite having no real evidence to show it’s true.

Sound familiar?

- An Atheist

84. deliveredbysherpa says: May 31, 2013 3:14 PM

I think this means that Denver officially won the trade with the Jets.

85. fmwarner says: May 31, 2013 3:14 PM

A lot of people are suggesting that Tebow realize the jig is up and try out at H-back or some other position.

But he’s even LESS likely to catch on at another position. The media crapstorm that comes with him might be worth it if you’re getting a starting QB out of it. But it’s not even close to worth it for a lesser position.

It’s the same reason backups who get in trouble get cut while starters generally don’t – if you’re valuable you’re worth the headache. No H-back is worth the headache.

86. jiminnyc says: May 31, 2013 3:15 PM

1) Tebow simply does not have the skills to be a quarterback in the NFL. His accuracy is horrible, his throwing action is awkward, and he lacks any sort of pocket awareness (that’s why he took so many sacks in Denver–more in 3/4 of a season than Brady or Brees took in a full season).

2) Tebow’s college career means nothing. The college and pro games are not the same thing; pro defenses are faster, smarter, more experienced, and quicker to find ways of countering new offenses.

3) Tebow’s Heisman likewise means nothing. The players who won the Heisman on either side of Tebow were Troy Smith and Sam Bradford. One’s out of the league and the other might as well be.

4) Tebow fumbles way too much for me to see him as a fullback. He’s got the build to be a tight end, but do we know if he has the hands? Has he ever caught a pass? I can’t imagine him being willing to be a blocking tight end.

5) There’s no way Tebow goes to Canada. The CFL is even more pass-happy than the NFL.

6) Phillip Rivers’ faith was mentioned in pretty much every game of his I saw last season. Not only is he not in danger of getting cut by the Chargers, he’s not even in danger of losing his starting job. Reggie White was a Christian minister, and he made Tebow look like a rampaging Satanist by comparison, but we never had these conversations about him, did we? Those of you who want to make this about Tebow’s religion are providing examples of why no head coach in his right mind is going to want to bring Tebow in as a backup; the headaches would simply not be worth it.

87. brassknuckles47 says: May 31, 2013 3:15 PM

Tim,
    Send advice.

~Mark Sanchez

88. ninetysixer says: May 31, 2013 3:16 PM

If he is smart, he will get into televangelism right away, he will make far more money in that than he will doing anything with football.

89. northstarnic says: May 31, 2013 3:17 PM

Few big points to take away: first, keeping a low profile away from “the office” is a good idea if you’re struggling to keep your job. In Tebow’s case, a person can do a whole lot of good in the world without constantly seeking attention/recognition for his works; it’s called humility. Two, when virtually all the experts say you don’t have the tools to do your current job, but you do have potential to move to a different, yet still very good, job within the company, you work your tail off to make the move and adapt. Third, just a reminder of what a heady position QB is – QBs don’t succeed if they aren’t smarter than average.

90. jiminnyc says: May 31, 2013 3:17 PM

jasonsoroski – Denver was never 0-4. They were 1-4 after five games.

The five teams they played with Orton under center had a combined .611 winning percentage at the end of the 2011 regular season. The 11 teams Tebow faced had a combined .477 winning percentage.

Not a single team Tebow “beat” finished with a winning record.

91. jiminnyc says: May 31, 2013 3:22 PM

johnelwayishorsefaced – I wouldn’t say people were picking on Tebow during his Broncos run, any more than they picked on Mark Sanchez during his first two seasons as Jets starter (they went to the AFC title game both times). People were acknowledging the wins in both cases, but some were pointing out the flaws in each player’s game (with Tebow, his inaccuracy and penchant for taking sacks, and for Sanchez, how poorly he protected the ball).

It’s only since the Broncos traded Tebow that things have gotten to Def Con 1. His fans are unwilling to hear anything negative about him, and reinvent reality at will to suit their worldview. Eventually, those of us who see Tebow for what he is – a great athlete, and probably a great guy, but not a great quarterback – got frustrated and started launching mini-nukes of our own.

92. jetsjetsjetsnow says: May 31, 2013 3:23 PM

Still don’t get it about the NFL and him? His college stats are 66.45% career completion percentage & a 5.5 TD to INT ratio. If given a chance to get comfortable in a system over a couple seasons common sense tells you that he would have probably improved his accuracy over time. Wish the Jets would have given the guy a test drive over a few games to see what he could do. But commenters are right that he mid-calculated coming to New York & probably would still be in the mix if he went to Jacksonville.

93. slashrancid says: May 31, 2013 3:23 PM

And so it is written. Tim 5:31

94. faulkner22 says: May 31, 2013 3:28 PM

BREAKING: Skip Bayless has been institutionalized and placed on suicide watch.

95. stewart09 says: May 31, 2013 3:30 PM

lol yeah i think every team (or atleast every AFC team) has seen and remembers tebows last playoff performance 9-26 136 yards passing and 13 yards from 5 rushes (even tho he had a 14 yard run) half time score 35-7.

basically the patriots showed the world that if you get a quick lead on tebow and force him into a shootout he is useless and if your QB cant beat a elite team there is no point having him as your starter.

96. bowmanj35 says: May 31, 2013 3:30 PM

97. dbones750 says: May 31, 2013 3:31 PM

So it’s his fans fault. Take that tebow fans. If you love him, let him go…

98. northstarnic says: May 31, 2013 3:33 PM

@jetsjetsjetsnow- let me help you with that. The NFL is a big step up from college ball. Similarly, just because I was a decent high school athlete didn’t mean that I could automatically expect to be a successful division 1 college athlete. Quite simple really.
    ——————————————-
    “Still don’t get it about the NFL and him? His college stats are 66.45% career completion percentage & a 5.5 TD to INT ratio….”

99. foosball11 says: May 31, 2013 3:34 PM

Tebow has more playoff wins than 15 current starting QBs.

100. ajsinnz says: May 31, 2013 3:36 PM

Is it true that the USFL will be starting up again next year? If so, I could see him as a star attraction for them. That’d be kind of cool.
    (…and even if he doesn’t, I’d like to see the USFL come back anyway!)

101. jiminnyc says: May 31, 2013 3:36 PM

And more baggage than 32 of them.

102. jc327 says: May 31, 2013 3:44 PM

“I’ve never been a Tebow fan but one thing that has always confused me is, with all the idiots and criminals in the NFL, why so many people pick him as the guy they decide to hate and say terrible things about.”

I think the main reason he is targeted so much is because so many very vocal people love him and don’t understand why he isn’t a starter and future first-ballot HOF’er despite the obvious fact he is just not good.

103. lenbias34pt says: May 31, 2013 3:45 PM

His 40 time is 4.7, which is slow but passable for a TE……..He is 6’3, which is short but passable for a TE.

He would have to ‘remake’ himself as a special team stud.

He’ll go to the CFL and end up proving the NFL scouts correct.

104. granadafan says: May 31, 2013 3:47 PM

Well done, Tebowmaniacs, evangelical conservatives, and Gator homers. Your excessive idol worship to the point of being blind to the facts have caught up and chased your hero out of the NFL. Now he can make millions on the speaking tour at churches, mega churches, so-called family rights groups, and when he becomes a televangelist.

105. rondayne33 says: May 31, 2013 3:47 PM

duh

106. seaeagle707 says: May 31, 2013 3:48 PM

I once frequented a “social” site, where this young girl, a member of his denomination, would gush on and on about Tebow. It was because of his faith that he was going to set Denver ablaze with football success. Before her postings, I had never heard of him. After a few weeks I “wished” that I had never heard of him. Perhaps now, she and the rest of his army can put a cork in it. He was a flash in the pan, and nothing more. The NFL has had its fill of marginal QB’s, and those that bring a pre-made fan base with them won’t do themselves any favors by trying to “light up the league”, with their non-football popularity. True fans want winning teams, not catchy themes.

107. westampa says: May 31, 2013 3:52 PM

Maybe he should of signed Jay-Z as his agent.

108. tv426 says: May 31, 2013 3:55 PM

I’ve been saying for years that the word out of UFl was that he was dumb as a post and some referred to him as “a meat”. They simplified an incredibly simple O for him there.
    Glad to see word out of the NFL that confirms that.

109. granadafan says: May 31, 2013 3:56 PM

Pride is a sin. Swallow the pride and become an H-back or a linebacker.

110. opinion157983 says: May 31, 2013 3:57 PM

I never understand when college-only qb’s can’t swallow their pride and accept playing another position. How many people get to play in the nfl at any position!

Also it just goes to show what a jump it is to the nfl when supposed top college qb’s like tebow and pat white cant even make it there.

111. stainlessstill says: May 31, 2013 3:57 PM

We will be back.

————————-

Timmy? Is that you?

112. mrdpeters says: May 31, 2013 4:05 PM

I wonder what has to happen for Tebow to realize that he might have actually had an NFL career if he would have considered changing positions. He’s athletic enough, good leader, hard worker, etc. Kinda arrogant if you ask me. So many kids dream of just making a team. He created this.

113. bruinskins says: May 31, 2013 4:05 PM

@bowmanj35

“McNabb did the same thing, bouncing it at WR feet. maybe Tebow should go play for Reid.”

Because McNabb had a horrible career….

114. richndc says: May 31, 2013 4:07 PM

No way!!! You mean to say that all those talking heads who called him a champion and a winner and a proven pro QB were wrong??? hmmm, this seems to beg the question of why so many of you come on here and parrot the same points those bozos make all the time???? They were just jumping on the hype wagon, how about you?

115. bruinskins says: May 31, 2013 4:09 PM

47.9% completion percentage, bringing the Broncos out of the holes is poor play created, taking sacks and putting the ball on the ground is why he is not an NFL QB… tape don’t lie.

116. jackbassett says: May 31, 2013 4:10 PM

Some have posted that the Broncos came out on top with the Tebow trade, as they have more to show for it than the Jets (Tebow and a 7th went from Denver to the Jets for a 4th and 6th). Looking narrowly at the trade only, I’d agree.

But….don’t forget Denver traded their second, third and fourth round picks to the Ravens in order to select Tebow in the 1st. Surely Denver could have done better with the 3 picks they traded to the Ravens and they missed on Tebow in the 1st.

Yes, the came out ahead of the Jets, but it doesn’t appear they came out ahead on their entire Tebow experience.

117. crappygovernment says: May 31, 2013 4:10 PM

Christian fans are done too. The only way Tebowmania will end is on the field. Otherwise he becomes a Joan of Arc figure.

118. dolphinatic13 says: May 31, 2013 4:12 PM

After a guest stint on the revitalized Love Boat and an Arby’s commercial he’ll be just fine.

119. Square Peg, Round Hole says: May 31, 2013 4:22 PM

I wonder what Merrill Hoge will say.

120. steelers4385 says: May 31, 2013 4:27 PM

Id still take him over sanchez

121. finsguy says: May 31, 2013 4:36 PM

Both sides are right on this.

Tim Tebow should never have been a first round pick. He isn’t now and probably will never be a viable starter at the NFL level. and he is too big of a distraction to warrant giving him a spot on your roster for any team that doesn’t have an elite starter (say Brady or Brees for example)

BUT

He is certainly as good or better than I would say at least 10 back up QB’s currently cashing checks at the NFL level. He also brings the ability to be the Wild Cat QB if a team wanted to mix that in. He is a distraction but I disagree he brought that on himself. He isn’t any more religiously overt than say Cris Carter was. He didn’t put up that billboard in Denver and he never undermined other QB’s on his team when he wasn’t the starter.

It’s pretty clear he will never play QB again, I wish him well. I don’t understand the hatred of him. He is a good person.

122. jiminnyc says: May 31, 2013 4:39 PM

Finsguy, the problem is that whether he creates the distraction himself or is the innocent victim of it, the distraction exists. Let’s say you’re a head coach. do you want to spend ANY of the post-game press conference talking about your backup quarterback?

Any team that signs Tebow is automatically going to create a quarterback controversy unless they have a quarterback named Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Flacco, etc. No coach in his right mind is going to willingly sign on for that.

123. phillyphever says: May 31, 2013 4:41 PM

“And to the people who so often trash his skills here: how many Heisman’s have you won?”

Tebow should be thankful he won his Heisman. If Dennis Dixon didn’t blow out his ACL, he would have won hands down.

124. sportsnut101 says: May 31, 2013 4:49 PM

Is a football player yes is he better then most 3rd string qbs yes.
    Can he be the best goal line rusher yes

How does that not get u a shot. Last time I checked the main thing is to get in the endzone in the red zone half the league struggles at doing that even with better talent

Coach fox is over rated

If tebow chose jaguars in stead of jets he would still be playing this yr but wouldn’t have the endorsements

Why doesn’t tebow just say I will do wild cat n goal line situations he will get calls ASAP

125. sportsnut101 says: May 31, 2013 4:53 PM

Hes a heisman winner 2 time champ

N he doesn’t get a chance. If Marcus freaking Russell is getting another shot. Then tebow gets one

126. jiminnyc says: May 31, 2013 4:53 PM

@PhillyPhever

And the Heisman is overrated to begin with. While the jury is obviously still out on Newton and RGIII, the last Heisman winner to have a stellar NFL career was Charles Woodson.

127. ranger764 says: May 31, 2013 4:54 PM

—————————————————-
    The Big difference is Calvin Johnson is supremely talented, Tebow can’t play QB. Get a clue!

128. jiminnyc says: May 31, 2013 4:55 PM

@Sportsnut101

One of the knocks on Russell was that he was overweight. He’s addressed that.

The knocks on Tebow is that he has poor mechanics, an awkward throwing motion, and negligible pocket awareness. Which one of these has he addressed?

129. radrntn says: May 31, 2013 5:00 PM

say what you want but the kid is a winner

he won a state championship in high school. he was bcs national champion at florida. he won the heisman. he won a playoff game with a 500 team, who only went to the playoffs because the raiders choked the last couple of games….yet nobody will give him a shot…..

plus he is a winner off the field, which does not help because the nfl prefers to have a criminal element as part of their brand……best of luck whatever you do Tim….see if you can get a try out with the raiders as an H-back or TE.

130. crappygovernment says: May 31, 2013 5:02 PM

No self-respecting Christian fans can go back to the NFL without our brother Tebow being included! They spat in our faces!

131. upperdecker19 says: May 31, 2013 5:06 PM

He can now concentrate on becoming the front man for the Christian Mingle website.

132. upperdecker19 says: May 31, 2013 5:08 PM

Pope Francis demands an explaination

133. whatjusthapped says: May 31, 2013 5:10 PM

I’m no fan of Tebow’s but I can think of at least three teams where Tebow could start tomorrow; Minnesota, Arizona, and ironically, Jacksonville.

134. chawk12thman says: May 31, 2013 5:11 PM

He is done as a full time QB……Pride keeps him from remaining in the NFL………..If he came out and said he would play TE or Full Back or whatever the team wanted him to play….someone would pick him up.

Funny how private is public.

135. buckybadger says: May 31, 2013 5:14 PM

He doesn’t have to be done playing football but his stubbornness won’t let him try playing another position.

What is funny is that its his overly persistent fanbase that is actually keeping from playing.

136. mullman76 says: May 31, 2013 5:17 PM

The people around Tebow failed him.

The kid should’ve switched position upon entry into the NFL.

Oh well, according to Tebow, it’s in the hands of the ‘graybeard in the sky’.

137. atwatercrushesokoye says: May 31, 2013 5:19 PM

Anyone arguing his college stats and success just doesn’t get it. He’s not facing div 1A teams, or Vandy, or Miss State (no offense to anyone who attended those) he’s facing the absolute best. There is no plug DB in the NFL, they were all the best on their college teams, the guy that Tebow threw away from when the Gators played a team is now a 5th corner for someone. Because of this the passing windows are a lot smaller in the NFL, you could see when he was QB in Denver he’d refuse to throw the ball to Decker and Thomas because he thought they were covered, and that might be true in college but by NFL standards they were open.

138. seaeagle707 says: May 31, 2013 5:27 PM

His religion shouldn’t have anything to do with it, but I’ll tell you this. I respect those players who quietly huddle after the games to pray, a lot more than someone who has grandstanded his praying to the point that it has a nickname. Its an awqful lot like the parable of the Pharisee and the publican, in the Bible. Tebow is the Pharisee.

For those of you that insist that Timmy “be given a chance”, because of your association with his religious views, I say, give it up. There are plenty of religiously zealous players in the league who are successful. Pick one of them to fawn all over.

139. kw27p says: May 31, 2013 5:29 PM

The media didn’t kill Tebow. Tebow killed Tebow. 47% comp,delay of game penalties, it’s in black and white. At least there is a cool parody song about him. “JC to Tim Tebow please leave me alone. Don’t you know my day of rest is Sunday”,lol

140. bigdawgdaddy says: May 31, 2013 5:34 PM

The Hell you say….
    I guess this answers the age old question….”is the truly a god?” lmmfao
    Sinners 1
    Religious Nutjob Whack-a-do’s 0

141. 2ruefan says: May 31, 2013 5:35 PM

What is Hilarious is that anybody believes ANYTHING that Michael David Smith posts about Tim Tebow….. As IF he knows what “scouts” are saying about him. LOL.

Just ask yourself.. has MDS ever written ONE positive thing about Tim Tebow?

142. seanb20124 says: May 31, 2013 5:36 PM

He should come out of the closet, and Florio will personally get him a roster,spot.

143. packerfan12 says: May 31, 2013 5:44 PM

The reason he’s done in the NFL is because he won’t change positions plain and simple…He CAN’T THROW 47.9 completion percentage isn’t good…He wants to play running back from the quarterback position, people don’t want to re-vamp their offense for a guy who went 1-4 his last five regular season games, and beat the Steelers without Woodley, Polamalu, and Ryan Clark.

In the end, Tebow’s stubbornness and his being oblivious to the fact that he can’t throw the ball ended up costing him his career in the NFL (potentially).

144. stoptrippn says: May 31, 2013 6:06 PM

I feel bad for his family. People tore down this guy…when at the end of the day he wasn’t on drugs, no drunk drunk driving etc.

145. halftermguv says: May 31, 2013 6:20 PM

Will the Tebow bashers please shut up? Your comments about how unskilled he is are way over the top? All those bashers who’ve won a NFL playoff step forward….anyone? I thought so.

Will the Tebow idolizers quit whining? He’s been given ample opportunity to improve his passing game and it has not happened.

Tebow will get a second shot if he stands in the mirror and sees himself as a player like Mike Alstot.

He may be a QB but not a NFL QB.

Tebow is not unlike a championship NASCAR race car trying to compete in Formula I. It does great driving in circles but crashes when it tries to make a right turn.

146. jpcrafton says: May 31, 2013 6:22 PM

Look: I’m a Christian as well. I’m also a football fan. I have to admit, Tebow’s success in Florida intrigued me. He always seemed to have the athleticism and the work ethic. Unfortunately, his shortcomings, which were already apparent in college, were magnified in the NFL.

His release was far too long, his accuracy was affected by defensive pressure, his pocket presence was terrible, his field vision was barely adequate, and he didn’t seem to know his plays. You never saw him check-down to the third option, or really sell that naked bootleg. You never saw him get the timing down with his receivers. Say what you will, but even crappy QBs in the NFL get some of that right.

His “opportunity” to become an HB or a TE is nothing more than a pipe dream. An NFL HB has already trained for that, from high-school (or earlier), all the way to the top. There’s no way he’s ready to step into that poistion, one where others have trained the whole lives and still fail. A Tight End is just as difficult. Tight Ends are almost as smart as Centers – they have to be to understand and use all the blocking schemes AND the passing plays. Tebow just doesn’t have it.

Listen: The NON-FOOTBALL Tebow fans are the ones causing the problem. Christian football fans have been able to see his issues for years. He’s not good enough and he’s not smart enough. Stop blaming us for Tebow. Look to the mainstream media and the non-fans for the baggage. Skip Bayless is just one example as to why Tebow never had the same treatment that other vocal Christian athletes got. Reggie White got it done, and was so good people just concentrated on his game. Tebow’s game was always the smoke-screen. He may have loved playing, but it always came in second as far as the media was concerned. Had they allowed him to just play, he never would have made the first round. He’d still be there, warming a bench, wearing a ballcap, and holding a clipboard.

Period.

147. 8bithero12 says: May 31, 2013 6:38 PM

Finally! He can shut it down. He is a good kid, it is a shame he was too stubborn to try out for Tight End.

148. peytonsneck18 says: May 31, 2013 6:43 PM

RG3 is next!!!!

149. immafubared says: May 31, 2013 6:44 PM

I’m totally shocked to read what I did. He can’t read defenses? His arm is worse than a spaghetti bender in little italy? He can’t remember plays? Romeo? Juliet? or is it Juliet and Romeo?

He really didn’t do all that much on his run in Denver?

Yes of course all the above is true of someone would have grabbed the guy.

I mean let’s be honest. He goes to the Jets and is at least in practice given the look over. They see what Denver saw, can’t pass a ball with a lick and can’t remember plays. Sucks so bad in practice can’t use him in real game situations.

150. bobnelsonjr says: May 31, 2013 6:53 PM

Tim Tebow is clearly is better than any QB on he vikings roster.

There are 4 other teams that are not nearly as desperate as the vikings that should be willing to give the kid a minimum wage deal at QB.

151. eagleswin says: May 31, 2013 6:57 PM

I thought he was done when he wrote his autobiography because writing your autobiography is something you do at the end of your career, not at the beginning.

152. greyhawk9 says: May 31, 2013 7:20 PM

sounds like the media eill get exactly what they thought they wanted ….but who will they all write about when timmys gone??

153. boonevol says: May 31, 2013 7:32 PM

All of you “he should just switch positions and everything’ll be alright”ers, what evidence do we have that he can be a TE at the NFL level? There are actual TE’s out there working to earn a roster spot. The NFL is not some sort of sheltered workshop for the mentally handicapped.
    As for H-back, I haven’t seen one of those since Joe Gibbs retired the first time.

CFL? Longer field, bigger ball, only 3 downs? He would look like he was trying to chuck live pigs downfield.
    Flutie is no comparison. Little guy with a cannon for an arm. Just watch the commercial from the BC pass to Phelan. Tebow couldn’t dream that pass, much less toss it.

I hate it for the kid. He seems nice enough. Whether his ego is too big or he got bad advice, I don’t know. Time to go to work in the real world.

WTH was Josh McDaniels smoking/snorting/shooting/popping/ drinking back then?

154. jiminnyc says: May 31, 2013 7:36 PM

Tebow could have a job in the NFL tomorrow. All he has to do is stop throwing the football like a spastic five-year-old.

155. jd7321 says: May 31, 2013 7:36 PM

Are you people freaking kidding me? The guy took a 1-5 team to the playoffs, and won. If Kyle Orton still has a job(the guy who took them to 1-5), how in the world does Tebow not have a job? Ridiculous. Quit hating him because he’s religious. He’s a winner. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS, PERIOD.

156. lrical says: May 31, 2013 8:16 PM

Switch to full back or running back.

157. rondogco says: May 31, 2013 8:40 PM

Current Reports say Fleming’s unnamed sources were unnamed for a reason. Bogus Reporting. Team Tebow is still in the hunt.

158. raiders757 says: May 31, 2013 8:55 PM

jd7321 says: May 31, 2013 7:36 PM

—————————————————

Not that Tebow doesn’t deserve some credit for that run, but it should be pointed out that if it wasn’t for the Broncos defense that season, and how well they played down the stretch, Tebow wouldn’t have won a single game.

159. boyshole25 says: May 31, 2013 8:55 PM

Hell still be a millionaire über successful person his whole life regardless the kids a winner

160. raiders757 says: May 31, 2013 8:57 PM

raiders757 says: May 31, 2013 8:48 PM

“Tebow’s career completion rate of 47.9 percent is way too low”

Bazinga!!!!!

161. 2bemoore43 says: May 31, 2013 10:22 PM

did Skip Bayless kill himself after hearing this?

162. taintedsaints2009 says: May 31, 2013 11:12 PM

You can’t flip heavy tires in the gym and expect to be a good quarterback. But that’s the only good press he got; his workouts in the gym. Sure he is tough but none of that is relevant to throwing.

People that say he was not given a chance are just plain wrong. He was given an opportunity by Denver. It only seemed to work because the division they are in is horrendous. But he was given a chance and he only showed that he cannot throw worth a damn.

That game against the steelers was just a massive coverage screw up and the result of a secondary not expecting a pass by a quarterback who cannot pass, and it was in an overtime playoff game.

163. socal9er says: Jun 1, 2013 1:47 AM

13arod | May 31, 2013, 11:54 AM PDT
    ——————————————————————-

Who you calling stupied?…. Learn how to spell first. Name 3 QB’s he’s better than? Maybe Gabbert & Ponder??

164. h1ren says: Jun 1, 2013 2:19 AM

Does this mean prayers do not work?

165. dubblelznhell says: Jun 1, 2013 5:27 AM

CFL

166. leopold332002 says: Jun 1, 2013 6:50 AM

jasonsoroski says:May 31, 2013 2:52 PM

———————————————————-

Not even if he’s released. lol. Signed Dave Caldwell, the GM of the Jacksoonville Jaguars.

P.S. – We as a fanbase don’t want him so please stop linking Tim Tebow to us and as far as he can help sell tickets, lift the tarps and merchandise, we as a franchise are doing just fine. No blackouts since 2010 so the streak still lives.

167. winninitall says: Jun 1, 2013 2:31 PM

Go to the CFL and come back as Waren Moon

168. pemory says: Jun 1, 2013 3:43 PM

How about giving Kurt Warner a call? Ask him how to successfully conduct yourself as a professional athlete and still get your message across (without the three-ring circus atmosphere).

169. rgwheeee says: Jun 1, 2013 4:01 PM

I guess all those intangibles that McDaniels and Gruden fell in love with can’t overcome a guy who can’t read defenses, can’t throw accurately, can’t remember plays….wait a minute…what intangibles?

170. lelandeight says: Jun 1, 2013 9:23 PM

Hello Tim,

I am sure God has a plan for your life. More good things are coming your way!

No matter what the so called NFL experts say, you are a winner at QB. To bad they cannot recognize your winning ways. You have already proved over and over again you are a winner, to heck with all those guys.

I believe it is a travesty you are being blackballed from the NFL.

Just think, without you in the NFL we all have time to watch some real Super Duper Stars like Sanchez the illustrious Jets QB and Danica Patrick the All American Girl Champion race car driver for NASCAR.

I am sure greater things are in store for you.

Good Luck on all your success in the future.

171. atacoshipinaseaofwhitesauce says: Jun 2, 2013 10:18 PM

So similar to Flutie! Unconventional, but all he did was win. Flutie ended up w/ a better W-L record (37W-28L than half the QBs who played longer, and became a superstar in the CFL (like Warren Moon, etc). Tebow’s W-L record is 10-8. Drop his first year when he only started thrice and it jumps to 9-6. So go north, Tebow, play your passion in the CFL: you are entertaining and athletic.

172. jiminnyc says: Jun 3, 2013 10:06 AM

“…but wait, he’s not far off of HOF inductee Joe Namath’s career completion percentage of 50.1!!”

Different eras. It is a LOT easier to pass these days; the NFL keeps tweaking the rules to favor offenses, because while defense wins championships, offense puts butts in the seats.

173. steves11 says: Jun 3, 2013 5:07 PM

When the Eagles resigned Michael Vick, and passed on Tebow…..that should tell you all you need to know about Tebow.

174. bikelikemike says: Jun 3, 2013 5:32 PM

Funny how this “report” is exactly opposite what they’re saying out loud. Is this just another tabloid/ ‘rumorville’ level piece of trash – made up by a scumbag “writer” trying to garner hits.. that has become such standard fare in the sports media as of late?? Funny too how so many low-lying jerks suck onto this garbage and feed their own fragile egos by leaving disparaging remarks about such a decent young man. I like Tebow as a man. Why wouldn’t anyone? Perhaps his proselytizing has been a bit much at times.. or over time. But no-one has an ounce of proof that he isn’t 100% sincere. And if he is, that would mean that he is meaning to love us all. So it would be a sad, angry little man who would have to hate on Tim for his trying to love them. That would only tell us way too much about the dickwads who NEED to slam on him. Patience, tolerance and acceptance are all virtues… no matter your politics or religious views. .. As to his ability to play QB at the NFL level? Doesn’t look good. It seems that he never had a great coach to help him learn the fundamentals- or unlearn what he errantly taught himself. How pathetic that John Fox or John Elway never addressed this. (or was it too far/ too much/ too late?) And I’m a big Elway fan; back in the day anyway. But I was hoping he’d get the hell out of NY; where they screwed him over, and maybe he’d get that needed attention on another team, and who the hell knows what might have been…

175. b1marrow19 says: Jun 4, 2013 11:57 AM

Idk how much to believe an ESPN (Already issues there) writer from Florida whose writing about “specific info” about the Denver Broncos team and its QB. Funny how its coming out now too.

Granted,
    Tim Tebow is not the most accurate throwing QB in world. Yet there are far more skilled QBs in the history of football or just presently, and there are far greater accurate QBs and there are far greater athletic QBs who simply have had a worse track record than Tim Tebow in the NFL or in the NCAA or anywhere for that matter.

The “baggage” you all say he brings with him is not a very good reason to why he has not been signed. Your saying there is not 1 NFL team that needs more media coverage, that needs more of a spot light? That wouldnt LOVE for a chance to sign one player who can guarantee increase in attendance and TV ratings. I have a hard time believing that too…

The reason he has not signed with a team yet is because (the teams that actually need a QB) are not ready to bring him in unless needed. They just went through a draft and it will take some time for teams to see if what they have is good or bad. Trust me, plenty of teams will need a QB soon and Tebow will be one of the best available.

It is a mistake some teams are not interested in him though. Yet these coaches want a specific type of QB and its not his style. Does not mean hes bad or good. Depends on how you look at it… I see a low # of INT. GREAT. I see that he likes to play it safe with most of his passes rather than force things. I also saw a ton of passes dropped by receivers when he was in Denver.

yet they say it was the great Denver defense (ranked #23) that saved the season lol.

He will continue to push his limits. I guarantee he is up there with the # of throws he does in the off-season and practice. I gurantee he is studying the game every night before bed and working out all day. He will be ready when someone calls him…

176. materialman80 says: Jun 6, 2013 11:50 AM

Sure made a lot of money for not doing much….

177. thesportgenius says: Jun 7, 2013 1:15 PM

So what were the Jets thinking…or maybe they weren’t. Can’t fix stupid.

I find it interesting he couldn’t learn the playbook and wasn’t self aware enough to work on his shortcomings. Sounds a little lazy or maybe he thought God was going to make him a star. Son, the Lord helps those who help themselves.