Victor Cruz in talks for a reality television show

U.S. President Obama shakes hands with New York Giants Wide Receiver Cruz in audience after delivering remarks at White House Science Fair Reuters

While he may not be any closer to a deal with the Giants, Victor Cruz is apparently sorting through offers for a reality television show.

“It is going to be something that is very unique to me and very unique to what I like, and like to do,” Cruz said, via James Desborough of the New York Daily News. “We are still fielding some requests, so we will see how it goes — the timing has to be right, and I have got to squeeze in some training in there before the season starts.”

Cruz said the show would be focused on him, and wants no part of anything approaching the ridiculous reality show “marriage” of Kim Kardashian and NBA player Kris Humphries.

“I definitely want it to be my show,” he said. “My own thing, something that I can contribute to and something I like to do, I can be comfortable with, and an easy show, something people like to watch and that people can be in tune with on a daily basis.”

Of course, he’d also like to set the show in New York, with a Super Bowl run as a backdrop.

“We understand the Super Bowl is in New York City, and that is motivation for us, . . . we have got to be ready to go,” he said.

Of course, before he helps them win a Super Bowl, he’s going to need to reach a contract agreement, a process that has turned into a miniseries of its own this offseason.

Permalink 32 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Giants, Rumor Mill
32 Responses to “Victor Cruz in talks for a reality television show”
  1. larry321 says: Jun 3, 2013 8:51 AM

Typical clown organization. Oh right, that’s only the other team in town.

2. mazblast says: Jun 3, 2013 8:55 AM

Sure, Victor, have a reality show. It won’t get in the way of your career. After all, it has worked out so well for T.O., Chad, Lamar Odom, and now Kris Humphries.

3. 619sdfan4life says: Jun 3, 2013 8:55 AM

Prepare for a horrible year this year Cruz. Getting new money and a show= low production

4. richkotitte says: Jun 3, 2013 8:57 AM

What a great idea!

..and he can have Tom Coughlin and Denis Rodman over.

The three of them can tell stories, and do the salsa dnace after whipping up a made from scratch (Randal) Cobb salad!

5. larrydavid7000 says: Jun 3, 2013 8:57 AM

Really!!!!!! this CLOWN is nothing but a second rate WR what the $@*+ he would not make a hand full of teams starting line up. One year wonder 2 years ago.!!!!!!!

6. nolahxc says: Jun 3, 2013 9:08 AM

“It is going to be something that is very unique to me and very unique to what I like, and like to do.”

Yeah… there’s definitely nothing more unique than a reality TV show.

7. bmoretitansfan says: Jun 3, 2013 9:16 AM

How bout you focus on your contract that put you in this position in the first place?

8. gagiants says: Jun 3, 2013 9:20 AM

Wow! I’m a Giants fan and I never thought I’d see this again. Now all we have to wonder is if this going to turn out like a T.O. situation or will it turn out like the Steve Smith situation. I love Victor Cruz as a player and I think the TV route would be too much of a distraction for him right now. I don’t like the looks of this at all. I understand players trying to get as much as they can, but I think being in the spotlight of TV will not endear him to his teammates and especially not to coach Coughlin. I’m just saying! I think this is a bad omen.

9. unbiasfan says: Jun 3, 2013 9:31 AM

Chad Ochocinco 2.0

10. abninf says: Jun 3, 2013 9:41 AM

Holy Cow his head is swelling.

11. godofwine330 says: Jun 3, 2013 9:43 AM

I hate reality TV. I mean I absolutely abhor it. I haven’t watched but maybe 1 hour of it total since its inception, including Real World. In fact, outside of ESPN’s Dream Job season 1 I have avoided the genre all together. It isn’t real, just half scripted garbage perpetrating as real. Sorry, but I like my fake fake. Greys Anatomy – fake, not a real hospital pretending it is real. Dexter – fake. CSI (all of them) – fake. I mean, Long Island Medium? Really? Red neck gypsies, joke. Real (HA!) Housewives of (insert city name here) – hold up, how are they housewives when more than half were just knocked up by guy X? Shows like this just show how stupid the American public is. smh. The question is, do we really need another one?

12. woodrree7 says: Jun 3, 2013 9:44 AM

WOW!!Another Diva wide receiver needing the spotlight. isn’t it bad enough that he does that crappy salsa dance after he scores? this guy had one good season and he thinks he’s TO or Meshawn. just another reason to hate the G-ants…..

13. mack2x says: Jun 3, 2013 9:48 AM

That’s good. Because the thing we really need is another “reality” tv show.

14. GenXJay says: Jun 3, 2013 10:00 AM

That’s what happens when a player sells his soul to Jay.
    Maybe a crossover episode w/the packer fans will occur. Then America can see how tears squeezed from cheese are manufactured.

15. micknangold says: Jun 3, 2013 10:01 AM

I don’t care how much you hate reality shows, Bar Rescue is the best show on TV.

16. georgeremus says: Jun 3, 2013 10:02 AM

This news will ensure that Reese and the Giants will pull their offer and let Cruz play out his contract. The Giants don’t have Reality TV players on their team. Smith, Cruz…..Reese and Coughlin know that Eli can make an average talent a great slot receiver. As a Giants fan I am glad this is happening as not over paying for Cruz will free up some money that can be better spent.

17. kingcarlbanks says: Jun 3, 2013 10:15 AM

If you know their is a camera trained on you, it’s not reality. Sign your contract and get to work Vic. Starting to piss me off..

18. bkostela says: Jun 3, 2013 10:18 AM

larrydavid7000 says:
    Jun 3, 2013 8:57 AM
    ___________________________

yeah one year wonder in ’11, and pro bowler in ’12. in his only two seasons. this guy sucks!

19. logicailvoicesays says: Jun 3, 2013 10:19 AM

While RG3 and the Redskins get ready for yet another Super Bowl victory, receivers with bad hands who hear footsteps try to get cast on Garbage Men of New Jersey. Even for a second rate low class franchise like the Giants this is a new low.

20. bookofelisha10 says: Jun 3, 2013 10:21 AM

idk as a nyg supporter i have mixed feelings. on one hand i think reality shows are TERRIBE, corny and a sad plea for attention from 16 year olds woman mainly.

but on the other hand. cruz knows hes worth more than 6. giants know hes not even close to 10 a year guy but i think this is just a ploy from cruz bec he throws in a lazy line about needing to work out, thats the line that would catch the giants staffs attention.

either a genius ploy for talks or the dumbest move to shorten your nfl career ever.

21. giants56 says: Jun 3, 2013 10:31 AM

Victor you get paid to catch a football..Sign your contract and get back to work before your 15 minutes are up.

22. fruitbatman16 says: Jun 3, 2013 10:33 AM

I would hope he is putting time and effort into training not just trying to squeeze some training in there. A tv show shouldn’t be a priority… The only place i wish to see Cruz on my tv is on the field catching passes.

23. logicalvoicesaysneedswaybettercrazypills says: Jun 3, 2013 10:39 AM

Ok ill feed the troll…… logical, another SB? Dont you realise that you weren’t even a tickle in your old mans whitey tighteys the last time the skins made it to the big show???

C’MON MAN!!!

24. ihatethejets23 says: Jun 3, 2013 10:56 AM

Sorry, but I just don’t get why anyone cares about this guy. Because he does a lame after a TD? Because he craves attention? Or just because he plays in NY? If I was the Giants GM, I’d trade him immediately.

25. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Jun 3, 2013 11:58 AM

Nice that he’s going to “squeeze in some training” amidst his other important responsibilities.

26. bigbluelou says: Jun 3, 2013 12:31 PM

He is really starting to become a distraction. He is tarnishing his “rags to riches” story to me as a fan. His head is getting as big as the Giants “mascot’s” in his Chunky soup commericals. SMH.

27. pnut87 says: Jun 3, 2013 12:41 PM

I’m starting to like Cruz less and less as each day goes by.

28. dbones750 says: Jun 3, 2013 12:46 PM

Wow, I’m already tired of it.

29. justintuckrule says: Jun 3, 2013 1:03 PM

Can’t blame him. Dude is just trying to make a buck.

30. uwsptke says: Jun 3, 2013 1:21 PM

I can’t believe we’ve reached this many comments without someone pointing out that there is a living legend in that photo.

Bill Nye, the Science Guy!

31. justintuckrule says: Jun 3, 2013 2:40 PM

uwsptke says:
    Jun 3, 2013 1:21 PM

Bill Nye, the Science Guy!
    —-
    I’d watch a science show with Victor Cruz blowing things up.

32. micknangold says: Jun 3, 2013 7:28 PM

What’s with all the thumbs down? You guys don’t like Bar Rescue?