Two more charges for Titus Young

Detroit Lions v Oakland Raiders Getty Images

The fallout from the alleged Titus Young crime spree continues.

More than a month after the fact, the man who faces 11 charges now faces more.

According to the Riverside (Cal.) Press-Enterprise, prosecutors added two misdemeanor trespassing charges to the counts Young faces from May 5, the day he was arrested for suspicion of DUI and then arrested for trying to steal his own car from the yard where it was impounded.

Young remains in jail, with bond set at $50,000.  It’s clear that he desperately needs help, and we continue to hope he gets it.

Permalink 26 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Home, Rumor Mill
26 Responses to “Two more charges for Titus Young”
  1. trollingforjustice says: Jun 6, 2013 5:35 PM

This could make for a nice comedy show on NBC

2. tindeaux says: Jun 6, 2013 5:37 PM

hope this guy gets his life together for good, not just for the game of football.
    People go through depression differently and hope he’ll get out of it.
    Good luck, Titus.

3. yssupasigninnamnotyep says: Jun 6, 2013 5:56 PM

You can’t help those who don’t want it…screw him.

4. baselman1974 says: Jun 6, 2013 5:59 PM

Why add misdemeanor charges when Titus is facing felony charges? At most these charges would run concurrently with the felony charges if Titus is found guilty, which is a year in jail per each misdemeanor. Come on. It’s a waste of time, money, and paper.

5. rajbais says: Jun 6, 2013 6:06 PM

Or maybe we should check on him when he is 30 years old.

It’s just that the longer you look at him this year or at a young age the more trouble he’ll find himself in. Instead of him disappearing we are better off revisiting his status When he turns 30. It seems like he will be in jail until that time to say the least.

6. thegreatgabbert says: Jun 6, 2013 6:09 PM

13 charges. That’s unlucky.

7. dcdiggler says: Jun 6, 2013 6:12 PM

The prosecutor is hitting Titus with as many charges as possible, so that when his defense attorney’s negotiate a plea the prosecution will have more to work with. In addition, I wouldn’t be surprised if the judge ended up throwing some of these charges out. This is a high profile case and the prosecution is just getting their ducks in a row.

8. miguelromerorhpat says: Jun 6, 2013 6:17 PM

Oooo titus,right now i dont know what to say bro,you r a problem child,or child molester,i dont know man…

9. remyje says: Jun 6, 2013 6:33 PM

Why hasn’t anyone bailed him out yet?

10. johnnycash19 says: Jun 6, 2013 7:09 PM

He’s already got more charges in 2 months then career TD’s.

A couple more and he can match his jersey number.

11. Duckhomie says: Jun 6, 2013 7:28 PM

How many kids does this clown have? Is it really 4 or 5? Can this story get better? I smell book deal!

12. ramcountry says: Jun 6, 2013 7:37 PM

Maybe it’s just me, but the “we hope he gets help” line is getting stale.

He’s not a relative or someone that most here have a personal relationship with. I have a hard time believing the public’s interest in this is anything other than superficial.

13. Obama's Ballsack says: Jun 6, 2013 7:41 PM

What color is he?

14. dabears7190 says: Jun 6, 2013 7:51 PM

I’m pretty sure that this is no longer football news since this guy will never again wear an NFL uniform.

The best thing we can do for him now is not make front page news out of every bad move he makes.

15. ddogdaddy says: Jun 6, 2013 7:52 PM

Give the prosecutor a 15 yard penalty for piling on.

16. z561 says: Jun 6, 2013 8:24 PM

Maybe they should move to London. Even LESS attendance than the Jags. Perhaps gun control laws in London will help keep the many criminals on the roster in line.

17. cali49er707 says: Jun 6, 2013 9:02 PM

I would never preach my beliefs on anybody, but with my total respect to everyone understanding this Pro Football Talk & not bible thumpers anonymous. I just want to say God Bless a Titus Young and his family. My heart goes out to them. Horrible circumstances for his family, & hopefully nothing happens to all of you, your families, or anybody you know like these issues. Titus needs to pay for his crimes but, he also needs help.

18. allday28mvpmvp says: Jun 6, 2013 9:33 PM

Sad story

19. rajbais says: Jun 6, 2013 10:27 PM

His rap sheet is so long it actually encompasses one sheet.

20. jimmylions says: Jun 6, 2013 10:31 PM

remyje says:
    Jun 6, 2013 6:33 PM
    Why hasn’t anyone bailed him out yet?
    ——————————————
    By not bailing him out, and keeping him under the jurisdiction of the court, it is easier to force him into psychiatric care. It’s a smart move by his family.

Often times people with severe mental illness are in denial of the fact that there is a problem. It reminds me of the time in high school when a tray of dishes fell (when I was working in a restaurant). I said I was just fine, but when I said it I didn’t know there was the giant pool of blood at my feet!

Using that incident as an analogy, despite the blood Young is saying he’s not bleeding.

Young’s lawyer was able to get the court to order a psych exam a few weeks back. I’m sure they’re making progress in getting him medical care. This is definitely a medical issue.

21. trollingforjustice says: Jun 6, 2013 10:31 PM

The prosecutor is trying to find a charge that will make Titus respond to the judge to

22. zeeman911 says: Jun 6, 2013 10:38 PM

Titus young to judge at next hearing ” oooooo ooooo ah ah ah, oooo ah ah ooooo ooooooo ahah “

23. myosin10 says: Jun 6, 2013 10:46 PM

Isn’t it obvious this guy has serious mental issues? Skitzophrenic or some kind of personality disorder. I feel for the guy and hope he gets help.

24. tjacks7 says: Jun 6, 2013 10:50 PM

when it rains, it pours.

25. coltzfan166 says: Jun 7, 2013 2:30 AM

#DontBeThatGuy

26. jmacphee9 says: Jun 7, 2013 4:55 AM

trollingforjustice says:
    Jun 6, 2013 5:35 PM
    This could make for a nice comedy show on NBC

this situation is long past a comedy sketch..