Bishop confirms Vikings visit, says he’s motivated

Desmond Bishop AP

The Packers apparently lit a fire under Desmond Bishop with his release.

And they may have to put it out twice a year.

Bishop told ESPNWisconsin.com’s Jason Wilde that being released today will serve as motivation, something a former sixth-rounder who worked his way into a starting job never needed.

“This is definitely a motivating factor. For several reasons, moreso I think than anything in my entire career,” Bishop said. “Just from the standpoint of actually being cut. You figure it’s going to happen to everybody eventually at some point in their career, but I felt like I was the type of player who can go out on their own time.

“There’s something about being released that’s definitely going to add another chip to my shoulders. It’s motivation. It’s nothing negative about this whole situation. I think it’s all part of the plan, and I have to keep playing it out. I think it’s going to be good. I think all that is going to help me reach my goal.”

That goal might be sticking it to the Packers, as Bishop confirmed he’s headed to Minnesota tomorrow. Judd Zulgad of 1500ESPN.com in Minneapolis reported that Bishop will work out for Vikings officials Wednesday.

Bishop said the Packers told him they would try to trade him, but never offered him the option of a pay cut. He signed a four-year, $19 million contract extension in 2011, and was due to make $3.464 million this year.

Coming off a torn hamstring tendon in the preseason opener last year, Bishop didn’t participate in OTAs or minicamp, though he said he was healthy now.

The Packers also cut D.J. Smith (who replaced Bishop) after he suffered a torn ACL.

Not getting a chance to come back has clearly made an impression on Bishop, and apparently his choice of visits.

“If you had to go in a dark alley, I’d be one of the guys you’d take with you because you knew what you were going to get,” Bishop said. “At the same time, I feel like I haven’t done enough – as a Packer or as a football player. I feel like I have a lot more potential to fulfill. That’s my next goal, wherever it is. I still feel I can do a lot of great things.”

And while he might draw interest from others, this is where we point out that the Vikings play the Packers on Oct. 27, on NBC’s Sunday Night Football.

Permalink 86 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
86 Responses to “Bishop confirms Vikings visit, says he’s motivated”
  1. filthymcnasty1 says: Jun 17, 2013 7:16 PM

Wow. Bad day for Bishop. First he gets released by the Packers, and then he gets kicked down all the way to the Vikings.

They’ve never won the whole thing. Not even once.

2. gbpbacker84 says: Jun 17, 2013 7:17 PM

Packer Viking rivalry is good for the NFL. All the childish back and forth between Packer and Viking fans is a waste of time. I’m a Packer fan. I admire the passion and loyalty Vikings fans show and respect their players. Let them settle it on the field. All this bickering about the past and future hypothetical situations between the 2 fanbases gets old really quick. The Packers clearly don’t want to risk Bishop tearing the hamstring again, end of story. Bishop has a lot of heart, and I will wish him nothing but the best wherever he winds up.

3. billbrasky72 says: Jun 17, 2013 7:28 PM

Obviously not a good fit as a Packer linebacker. His hair simply isn’t mesmerizing enough to properly hypnotize Packer fans.

4. khmer379 says: Jun 17, 2013 7:32 PM

Oh Boi! Kan the season start alredy! Packers player love MN i tell you haha!

5. 28for20 says: Jun 17, 2013 7:32 PM

Yet another defects to the 2013 NFC North Champions!

6. beedubyatoo says: Jun 17, 2013 7:41 PM

I’m a long time Packer fan and I think they made a big mistake in releasing him. I’d rather it had been Hawk.

7. scottieplongballs says: Jun 17, 2013 7:48 PM

Good, the Vikes need all the LB help we can get. Plus its fun to burn the Pack with their old players before we send them…(wait for it)…Packing

8. thesteelers says: Jun 17, 2013 8:00 PM

NFC North FAs always stay in the division. Strange.

9. textexington says: Jun 17, 2013 8:03 PM

10. jimnsota says: Jun 17, 2013 8:08 PM

The only difference between Bishop and Matthews is contracts. If healthy Bishop would fit perfectly with the Vikes. Any one who watched the games they both played in. Saw that Bishop was more of an asset than Matthews.

11. wheezerswin says: Jun 17, 2013 8:15 PM

When are the Vikings ever going to realize that constantly picking up the Packers cast-offs will never win them a championship? I guess 50 plus years of no trophys will make you chase the champs scraps.

12. annolsonblog says: Jun 17, 2013 8:17 PM

Henderson started 2012 season with 22 tackles and 2 sack in 2 games. Game 3 concussion had big impact on season. Bishop better suited at WLB if he’s healthy. Vikes have little depth and the Pack and Lions have improved their running games. Right price he wears purple next year.

13. muskyhunter2542 says: Jun 17, 2013 8:18 PM

Go figure. A Packer player going to the Vikings at the later portion of their careers

14. packerbackernj says: Jun 17, 2013 8:26 PM

By golly, they are getting themselves some rings one way or another.

15. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Jun 17, 2013 8:29 PM

Boy, the packers sure like to cut players just because they get hurt. Ever heard of loyalty? If he passes his physical, the Vikings will probably sign him to a very reasonable contract.

16. footballnut2011 says: Jun 17, 2013 8:31 PM

Looking more and more like a vikings vs texans SB matchup this year.

17. GenXJay says: Jun 17, 2013 8:33 PM

“why are these viking trolls posting on a packer post?”
    Laughable!
    He’s a Purple prospect now. The Viking will coaching staff have the tools to make Des Biz a beast. Exhibit: Favre. Sample: Jennings.
    Keep crying cheeseheads reality stars. We love it when u bring up the past & then get b!tch slapped in the now.

18. teal379 says: Jun 17, 2013 8:39 PM

Before anyone gets too giddy….

The only person saying he’s healthy is Des. (So healthy he couldn’t participate in OTA’s. And by not participate – I mean did NOTHING, not even individual drills on the side) And last I checked it’s NOT Desmond Bishop MD.

No doctors have said he’s 100% – only Des and while I like him, he was good contributor the objective look says he’s a LB that’s pushing 30 that RUPTURED, not pulled a major tendon. It’s understandable that he was released and it’s conceivable that he’s going to have to spend some time trying to convince another team’s doctor that he can pass the physical.

Desmond was great against the run, very aggressive but in honesty – he wasn’t the fastest guy around and struggled in pass protection. I hope he latches on somewhere but let’s slow the emotion down a bit. Same things were said when the Packers cut Barnett – he’s not exactly set the world on fire since leaving and his injury history wasn’t nearly as worrisome.

19. thejuddstir says: Jun 17, 2013 8:39 PM

“The Viqueefs LOVE the Packer’s sloppy seconds. Now that she is in purple she can go DIAF. Go Pack Go !!!”………………………I don’t have a horse in this race but I’m always hearing Packer fans talk about the Vikings signing “packer rejects, etc.”, so I did a quick google and came up with several “vikings rejects” who have signed with the packers: Packer fans, do the names, Koren Robinson, Gilbert Brown or Robert Francois (just to name a few) sound familiar to you? None of these players have did a thing for the packers however, everyone knows what Favre did, Jennings still has some tread and I think will do ok and let’s not forget the packers cut Ryan Longwell who played 6 yrs for the Vikings and only had 26 missed FG’s…and replaced him with someone named Crosby who has had 46 missed FG’s in the last 6 yrs.. With this quickly researched stats, seems clear to me that the vikings sign ex-packers that they know they can get production from…..not so much the same for the packers signing of ex vikings.

20. smartestpackerfan says: Jun 17, 2013 8:43 PM

Who can blame him, Green Bay Wisconsin is the worst place on earth. If I were given the chance I would flee to Minnesota myself. Sadly, I sold everything I had to buy a worthless $250 piece of paper the Pack were selling me. :(

21. imaginesuperbowlwin says: Jun 17, 2013 8:51 PM

Funny, I never read anywhere in this article that he SIGNED with the Vikings. He’s VISITING Minnesota.

22. gbpshareholder says: Jun 17, 2013 8:55 PM

Let him be “motivated” if he wasn’t willing or ‘able’ to make the Packer’s team… if ‘his own time’ makes the Vikings roster… then more power to the team that signs him… he knew the Packer culture and he didn’t live up to it plain and simple!!!

23. gbpshareholder says: Jun 17, 2013 8:57 PM

smartestpackerfan

say’s the Viking fan who wishes his owner cared as much about their team as Packer owners do….

24. mp4pack says: Jun 17, 2013 8:59 PM

What’s hilarious to me isn’t just the fact that the Vikings sign all of the Packers’ castoffs, but that it’s gotten to the point where a player getting cut from the Packers and having a visit scheduled with the Vikings gets announced concurrently. It’s just assumed. I think the Packers have press release form letters that end with ______ has a visit scheduled with the Vikings.

What part of “draft and develop” are our friends to the west still not getting?

25. byzr says: Jun 17, 2013 9:03 PM

vikings = the Packer retirement home:
    Favre
    Sharper
    Robert Ferguson
    Ryan Longwell

they play the Packers twice a year so they know the team and the players but it’s uncanny how many former Packers go to play for the Vikings.

Goodluck Bishop

26. stellarperformance says: Jun 17, 2013 9:05 PM

If this guy had what it takes to play for the Packers, guess what? He’d be playing for the Packers. He wasn’t asked to consider a pay reduction. You’ll soon find out why.

27. northstarnic says: Jun 17, 2013 9:08 PM

It’s always a joy hearing from the handful of packer fans that can read and write. Welcome to MN, Bishop!

28. textexington says: Jun 17, 2013 9:09 PM

How many of the Packer’s sloppy seconds have won Superbowls in Minnesota? Let me know what you Viqueefs chodes come up with…

29. jjh1982 says: Jun 17, 2013 9:15 PM

I love all the Vikings fans saying they’re the division champs already, that’s fine with me cause you shouldn’t set your goals to high ( like super bowl champs) cause then you won’t feel like a bunch of failures when you don’t reach your goal

30. lnfinite says: Jun 17, 2013 9:15 PM

Poetic if Bishop puts Rodgers on IR in 2013. Packer fans are practicing their hatred for the Vikings a few months early above my post.

Only the best Packers ever become Vikings….

31. emoney826 says: Jun 17, 2013 9:17 PM

Lol@viking fans

Last week, Bishop was garbage to them because he was a Packer.

Today, he’s visiting the Vikings and now their fans think he’s the greatest thing next to sliced bread. They always think they have the final piece to the super bowl puzzle when adding a former packer. If it didn’t work with Favre,it surely won’t work with a middle linebacker who has no guarantee of lasting an entire season due to that hamstring injury he suffered last year.

32. jjh1982 says: Jun 17, 2013 9:18 PM

I don’t know why anybody would want to go play in a stadium that’s falling apart gotta love the Vikings organization

33. urcrap says: Jun 17, 2013 9:25 PM

To all Viking haters. Hate ya back!

34. scottieplongballs says: Jun 17, 2013 9:27 PM

How many people on these comments won a superbowl? None! Just chumbalones jabbin their flappers. However, a Wisconsin woman did smack her child because the Packers lost a game. Who has class?

35. albanyjints says: Jun 17, 2013 9:28 PM

Come to the Giants. On one leg you’ll still be the best linebacker we’ve got.

36. bigdawgdaddy says: Jun 17, 2013 9:29 PM

To textextington……
    Only 2 things come for Texas, steers & queers, and I don’t see any horns on you, BOY…

37. johnnyb216 says: Jun 17, 2013 9:31 PM

jimnsota says:
    Jun 17, 2013 8:08 PM

————————–

This comment made me laugh to the point if dizziness!!! Gold! Pure gold!!! Ahahaha!!!

38. teal379 says: Jun 17, 2013 9:39 PM

thejuddstir says:
    Jun 17, 2013 8:39 PM
    Packer fans, do the names, Koren Robinson, Gilbert Brown or Robert Francois (just to name a few) sound familiar to you? None of these players have did a thing for the packers however, everyone knows what Favre did, Jennings still has some tread …

You might want to recheck that whole “Gilbert Brown did nothing for the Packers” deal.

Dude was the CENTER of a pretty good defensive line that won a SB and went to another one. In 96 he, Sean, Santana and Reggie ran that defense that gave up a total of 19 TDs the entire season.

He’s also made the Packer Hall of Fame.

Francois – won a SB with Green Bay.

So Brown and Francois win SB’s with GB and not a single GB player has won a SB with MN (Sharper won his with NOLA NOT MN)

MN gives up guys that contribute to SB titles and take guys who don’t. Got it.

I’ll give you Robinson.

39. mp4pack says: Jun 17, 2013 9:46 PM

thejuddstir as long as you’re googling you might want to google Gilbert Brown in a little more depth, the guy was a machine of a nose tackle and was an instrumental part of the Packers defense when they won SB 31. And yes, that signing of a Vikings castoff 20 years ago was the last time the Packers got value from a Vikings castoff, which is why they don’t sign them anymore.

40. granadafan says: Jun 17, 2013 9:50 PM

I’ve never been to either city. Which is better, Green Bay or Minneapolis?

41. firestarter0728 says: Jun 17, 2013 9:50 PM

Bishop has his Super Bowl ring. He doesn’t need another one, which is why he’s going to Minnesota. Now he just wants his big, fat, overpaid contract which the Vikings will be only too happy to provide (see: Greg Jennings).

42. thejuddstir says: Jun 17, 2013 9:50 PM

“byzr says:
    Jun 17, 2013 9:03 PM
    vikings = the Packer retirement home:
    Favre
    Sharper
    Robert Ferguson
    Ryan Longwell
    ============================
    Some posters don’t care what stupid things they say. At least three of the above named players went on to play in the NFC championship game or won a SB after being cut by the all knowing packers. The packers have signed several “ex-vikings” but like the above poster, they seem to forget those totally worthless signings. Gilbert Brown, Koren Robinson, Robert Francois who accomplished nothing with the packers. also, longwell kicked the hell out of crosby after getting cut by the packers with crosby having almost twice as many missed FG’s in the last 6 years compared to Longwell (46 vs. 26). If Packer fans want to talk smack…….don’t put your foot in your mouth.

43. GenXJay says: Jun 17, 2013 9:53 PM

Teal379, Thanx for your insight. I respect the comment.
    Now, time to sink to the moldy part of the cheese. Textexington, the ex-cheese/convert Viking players whom you refer have not won a superbowl. I can name call too, twat.

44. whatjusthapped says: Jun 17, 2013 10:02 PM

If Bishop were smart, he would play for a contender. The NFL is a QB league and with Ponder throwing up those wounded ducks, the Vikings are going nowhere, fast.

I’m sure he is feeling hurt after getting released but don’t throw away your career to play for a second rate franchise. They won nothing for over 50 years now and the next few years aren’t looking too good either.

45. packmangamble says: Jun 17, 2013 10:14 PM

Boy the intelligence of the Vikings fans is really showing here. Just keep taking our castoffs and polishing that Super Bowl trophy case. You’ll never even get a sniff of the big game!

46. mountaindont says: Jun 17, 2013 10:31 PM

Vikings headlines “Peterson rushes for 2000 yards” “Vikings sign Greg Jennings” “Vikings have A+ draft” but the best headline is “Ponder still Vikings QB” BAHAHAHAHHAHA

47. tangysizzl says: Jun 17, 2013 10:35 PM

Hey if you can’t beat em, sign em.

48. 15starr says: Jun 17, 2013 10:35 PM

I love how the Vikings make it to the playoffs last year and they all think they’re going to win a Super Bowl now. How about actually winning a Super Bowl before you have those expectations?

49. mattolikesthevikes says: Jun 17, 2013 10:42 PM

Here come the fantastic classy packer jabs. I would love to come up with some of those great putdowns but I have never lived in a trailer park so I don’t know the lingo. STAY CLASSY!!!!

50. darkneptune73 says: Jun 17, 2013 10:44 PM

Desmond Bishop is 28 and he is in the later part of his career? Packer fans never cease to make me laugh.

51. blarry21 says: Jun 17, 2013 10:46 PM

Minnesota, where Packers go when they are past their prime…

52. vikeshave0titles says: Jun 17, 2013 10:48 PM

@judstir—Gilbert Brown? He was a starting DT on a Super Bowl championship team. He was dominating at times. You are reaching with the other two players. Robinson was a Seahawk draftee and Francois is a special teams guy. Try harder next time.

53. farvite says: Jun 17, 2013 10:51 PM

This guy is in big trouble.

If he can’t play for the doormat Packer D, can’t see him making another team.

54. n001363 says: Jun 17, 2013 10:56 PM

Oh my God! You silly Packers Fans. All the bitterness over a player visiting. With all your rings, you still have an inferiority complex. Your like the ugly rich guy who knows your hot chick is always dreaming of leaving. And you know even though the guy she left you for has no money, it’s still an improvement over you!

55. themike31 says: Jun 17, 2013 11:01 PM

Anyone who says Gilbert Brown “never did a thing for the Packers” should have their football watching privileges revoked. Gravedigger forever!

As for Robert Francois, he went to a new team and won a Super Bowl…can’t say the same for the quarterback the Vikings signed after they cut Francois.

56. spartan822 says: Jun 17, 2013 11:19 PM

————-

Did hell freeze over? A well stated, classy comment from a Packers fan, now that’s rare.

Do all the Packer trolls realize that former Packers seem to like to stick it to the Packers after they leave? That could be because they feel they are treated like crap by the GB front office. Or it could be because they realize that the Twin Cities is an infinitely better place to live than that dump of a town called Green Bay. Or it could be because they realize that the Vikings are trending upward, and the Packers downward. All valid reasons for good players no longer wanted by Green Bay to join the Vikings. I think the question you should be asking is not why do some Packers like to go join the Vikings, but why has the Packers front office recently been making so many questionable personnel decisions in letting good players go that still have a lot of good football left in their careers?

57. phadedwun says: Jun 17, 2013 11:26 PM

I’m not a Packer fan nor a Viking fan.

58. maniccatastrophe says: Jun 17, 2013 11:27 PM

Just goes to show you all Packers dream of playing for the Vikings one day. Come on over A Rodge!

59. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Jun 17, 2013 11:28 PM

If he could still play, he’d be a Packer.

60. mountaindont says: Jun 18, 2013 12:25 AM

**** the majority of the Packers fans seem to always point to the “number of rings” argument. Seriously, get something new and not so cliche.

No need to “get something new” that`s where the Packer/Viking debate starts and ends.

61. macneil4025 says: Jun 18, 2013 12:44 AM

I still can’t believe Favre ended his career playing for the Vikings!! What a great world, skol Vikes!

62. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Jun 18, 2013 12:47 AM

You know the Vikings are getting under their skin when textexington and mountaindont come out of retirement.

63. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Jun 18, 2013 12:52 AM

emoney826 says:Jun 17, 2013 9:17 PM

Lol@viking fans

Last week, Bishop was garbage to them because he was a Packer.
    _____

Actually, last week I didn’t even know who he was. This week he’s a guy who might be able to play a little for us in our base defense. If he can help the team, let’s sign him. The fact that Packer fans can’t stand the thought of it is a bonus.

64. jimmysee says: Jun 18, 2013 2:55 AM

With all these Packers continuing to head north and west, even if the Vikes win the NFC North title, the flag should be flown at Lambeau!

65. hodag54501 says: Jun 18, 2013 4:40 AM

It boils down to a numbers game, age and money. The Packers have a bunch of younger players in the middle behind Hawk and Jones. Jones had a very good year last year playing for Bishop.
    Bishop will be 29 this year. Not old, but he can see the old horizon.
    He was scheduled to make $4 million. In short the Packers thought they could do as well with a couple of starters making less money.
    The WWE fans of the NFL who like Bishop because of his “hitting” always forget many times the big hitters are on the sidelines a lot. Just ask Brian Urlacher. Bishop was one big hit away from a lot of wasted money for Green Bay.
    Ted Thompson likes to unload high-priced injury prone veterans. The Vikings seem to like Green Bay’s veterans. I wonder why.

66. iluvbears says: Jun 18, 2013 5:44 AM

Yet another Packer player confirms what I have always known. The Vikings, and not the Bears, are the Packers’ most hated opponent. The fans can say all they want about how, because of their lengthy playing history, the Bears are their number one opponent. But the actions of the Packer players who have been ignominiously dumped by their former team over the years say otherwise.

67. ejmat2 says: Jun 18, 2013 7:44 AM

filthymcnasty1 says:
    Jun 17, 2013 7:16 PM
    ——————————————-
    Yeah, “…all the way down…” Funny how “all the way down is a difference of one game. Packers on the down slide and Vikings on the up.

Don’t get me wrong. The Packers are a great team with a good organization. However, they are in fact starting to slip some. Their offense is great but their defense isn’t that great. The Vikings defense is getting better and although there is still a question at QB, they proved last year they could beat top notch teams with that scenario.

To my point. To use the term, “all the way down” is inaccurate.

68. gtodriver says: Jun 18, 2013 8:13 AM

Carl Gerbschmidt says:

If he could still play, he’d be a Packer.

_________________________

That’s what you most likely said about Favre, Longwell, Sharper (and this year Jennings and Bishop)….

And all three of them kicked (Longwell, literally) the Packers assets…

I expect Jennings to have a big year against the Packer defense, and it would be poetic justice for Bishop (if he can actually make the Vikings roster) to get a few picks and sacks against Rodgers…

69. bearsoxass says: Jun 18, 2013 8:15 AM

Another ex Packers with minnesota…pathetic!

70. stayclassyasheville says: Jun 18, 2013 8:25 AM

I’m glad the Vikes passed on taking Teo and his baggage. Now Bishop has landed in their laps with a grudge versus the Pack.

71. fdromanowski says: Jun 18, 2013 8:38 AM

Bishop will be a great addition to the Vikings. When they put him out there in their base defense to stop the Packers’ fictitious run game he will dominate. Oh wait…they’ll never be in their base, because they will need their dime defense for Rodgers and Stafford to shred. Bishop is pretty good vs. the run, but won’t even be on the field very much due to injury and the passing game. BTW, I hope he has his passport for the England games! Hahahaha.

72. fdromanowski says: Jun 18, 2013 8:46 AM

phadedwun | Jun 17, 2013, 10:26 PM CDT
    I’m not a Packer fan nor a Viking fan.

——————————————————————————

Ok. What other measure would you like to use? Number of games played on U.S. soil? In case you didn’t know, most NFL franchises are trying to win championships. They are not toting the number of yards their running back gets. If that was the case, Packer fans would point to Aaron Rodgers NFL record career passer rating. Maybe his TD:INT ratio would impress you. TD passes? Number of NFL DPOY winners or runner-ups? Receivers who lead the league in TD receptions? Please let us know, I guess we are not really sure what impresses fans of other NFL franchises (sans Pit./SF).

73. stellarperformance says: Jun 18, 2013 8:52 AM

phadedwun says:
    Jun 17, 2013 11:26 PM
    I’m not a Packer fan nor a Viking fan. With that said – the majority of the Packers fans seem to always point to the “number of rings” argument. Seriously, get something new and not so cliche.
    ////////////////////////////////////////

You’re not a fan of either so you don’t get it. It’s kind of like being up by four touchdowns and the losing team continues to spout how overrated you are, or they didn’t play their A-game, or the weather was a factor…..a long stream of “almost” excuses.

Have you ever seen a player point to a scoreboard to remind losers in this situation of where they stand in the grand scheme of things?

It’s kind of like that. When the Viking fans learn to show respect, we’ll stop holding their heads underwater. It’s like keeping a little brother under control. It’s that simple.

74. Bluestree says: Jun 18, 2013 10:00 AM

Injury notwithstanding, Bishop was a liability in coverage. Those are the kind of guys that are not too hard to replace. The fact that they didn’t offer him a paycut says something. He’s a great guy, high motor, hard hitter. His play close to the line will be hard to replace, but not that hard in a pass first league.

75. brewdogg says: Jun 18, 2013 11:02 AM

Carl Gerbschmidt says: Jun 17, 2013 11:28 PM

If he could still play, he’d be a Packer.
    ———————————

I think that Cullen Jenkins and Nick Barnett would have something to say about that……

Do you Packer trolls not see a pattern here? This is the same thing that TT did about 8 years ago, when Wahle, Rivera, Sharper, Longwell, Walker, and all those other vets were shown the door. We’ll see what you think of this plan when it doesn’t work out so well this time.

Oh, and BTW…. Jennings was drafted the same year as Hawk. Bishop….same year as Jones. Nelson, Finley, and Sitton came the following year, and Raji and Matthews after that. So if Jennings and Bishop are washed up, on the latter side of their careers, or whatever crap you decide to use to call them old, than what does that make the rest of the team?

My guess is that by 2015 the Packers will be picking in the top 10 again and TT and MM will have been run out of town. We’ll see how happy Rodgers and Matthews are then….especially since they will be 32 and 29 then, and clearly past their prime by Packer fan standards.

76. puntonfirstdown says: Jun 18, 2013 11:03 AM

Do the Vikings have a personnel department? Or do they just sit and stare at the Packers’ waiver wire?

77. brewdogg says: Jun 18, 2013 11:07 AM

One other thing…..

The Vikings got EJ Henderson back on the field 9 months after breaking his femur. We all saw what Peterson did. Childs is running and cutting after a double patella tear. Maybe Jennings and Bishop want to come to the Vikings because they know that the Packers training staff is nowhere near as successful at rehabbing injured players.

78. purpleguy says: Jun 18, 2013 11:49 AM

You gotta wonder how healthy Bishop is, given the fact that Hawk, of all people, is still a LB on that defense. More important, however, is that these two fan bases really need to sit around a campfire with a twelve-pack of Grain Belt and sing Kumbaya.

79. beedubyatoo says: Jun 18, 2013 11:55 AM

smartestpackerfan says: Jun 17, 2013 8:43 PM

————————————–
    If you actually sold everything you had to buy a share of Packer stock, you may want to re-think your posting name.

80. Frazier28/7 says: Jun 18, 2013 12:47 PM

Some people across the river are getting nervous. ;)

81. spiderperv says: Jun 18, 2013 12:48 PM

Contrived scenarios, the life blood of Vikings fandom.

Facts, the life blood of Packers fandom.

A player is cut because Green Bay is sticking to the formula that creates championship teams (see Pittsburgh, New England even Baltimore) yet this is a coup for Vikings fans?

Vikings fans are unable to truly enjoy professional football due to the inbuilt subliminal knowledge of imminent failure.

82. spiderperv says: Jun 18, 2013 12:51 PM

brewdogg says:
    Jun 18, 2013 11:07 AM

———–

Or maybe they were cut/released? Spielman is a fraud.

83. mp4pack says: Jun 18, 2013 1:16 PM

jimmysee says:
    Jun 18, 2013 2:55 AM

This ain’t Minnesota, bro. We don’t fly flags for division titles.

84. vizslajay says: Jun 18, 2013 2:14 PM

Darkneptune, since the average NFL player has a 3-4 year career in the league and the vast majority enter the league at 22 years old, then i would suggest, using math-logic-reason, that at 28 years ( that’s a 6 year time frame for you viqueen fans) one is at the tail end of their career. This guy isn’t a Brian Urlacher type player, heck he got his starting spot only due to the guy in front of him going down injured. Nice try at being derogatory toward an educated fan base. I’m sure you’ll have better success with lion fans.

85. packerbacker2010 says: Jun 18, 2013 2:53 PM

bishup wouldnt have had a chance to start this year with hawk matthews and jones in the lineup he is not even the forth best linebacker capers has and the move makes a lot of sense for the pack now he can go sign with crap vikings or jaguars

86. nickynick04 says: Jun 19, 2013 12:07 AM

The Vikings really hang banners and fly flags for division titles…Why not Super Bowl victories ?