Patriots sign Aaron Dobson, finish draft class

New England Patriots Rookie Camp Getty Images

Hey everybody, look over there.

In non-Aaron Hernandez Patriots news, the team announced they signed second-round pick Aaron Dobson.

That wraps up their draft class, at a time when they have other things to worry about.

Dobson has a chance to make an early impact in a remade wide receiver corps, which might be more important than ever considering they can’t count on their tight ends as heavily as they’re accustomed to.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “Patriots sign Aaron Dobson, finish draft class”
  1. crimepedrankings says: Jun 20, 2013 5:06 PM

Ladies and germs, your 2013 starting flankers, Dobson and Timaayyyyy Tebow!

2. rc33 says: Jun 20, 2013 5:06 PM

Do us a favor and don’t go out and celebrate like the other Aaron on the Pats roster.
    Sincerely,
    All of New England

3. nineroutsider says: Jun 20, 2013 5:08 PM

Completely ignoring the story, I was really surprised that the Pats didn’t go after Delanie Walker (TE), who signed with the Titans. He would have fit their system well and given how injury-prone Gronk is I figured he would have signed there.

They really need him now if (and its a big if) they lose Hernandez to the PFL (Penal Football League). No Pats fans I’m not saying he’s guilty or making any other assumptions except that its not looking very good…at all. I don’t think he can pull a Ray-Ray here, but you never know…

4. thegreatgabbert says: Jun 20, 2013 5:13 PM

At least it’s looking unlikely that he’ll end up being an associate of Hernandez.

5. dlbpatsfan says: Jun 20, 2013 5:14 PM

Some good news, finally. Lol @ “Hey everybody, look over there”

6. jrs1972 says: Jun 20, 2013 5:15 PM

god, just once I’d like to read something somewhere about that patriots that doesnt mention tebow… didn’t even make it past the first comment.

7. strokinmyego says: Jun 20, 2013 5:29 PM

Gronk will be back at some point, it could be week 1, week 3, or week 7 but he will be back. Hernandez on the other hand may have played his last game in the NFL, if he was involved I hope he does significant prison time. I’m a Patriots fan but I don’t want people associated with murder on my favorite team.

As for Dobson I like his and Boyce’s potential. The Patriots may need to rely on them and the other wideouts (like Amendola) more heavily then anticipated if Gronk isn’t ready by week one and Hernandez is charged with a crime.

8. crnvic847 says: Jun 20, 2013 5:51 PM

Any relation to Antoine Dobson?

9. viguy007 says: Jun 20, 2013 5:58 PM

Thank Goodness The Jets Signed That TE The Pats Cut Last Year. I heard he was pretty good, but had character issues.

10. thesteelers says: Jun 20, 2013 7:07 PM

A murderer or cheat as well, no doubt.

11. larga007 says: Jun 20, 2013 7:38 PM

thesteelers says:
    Jun 20, 2013 7:07 PM
    A murderer or cheat as well, no doubt.
    _________________________________

12. securb2013 says: Jun 20, 2013 8:24 PM

Aaron Dobson has already had hip, ankle and knee injuries. Still healthier than Gronk. I guess its an upgrade.

13. thesteelers says: Jun 20, 2013 9:31 PM

“I like how you loser Steelers fans make “funny” jokes. With or without the “murderer” we’ll still put 30 points on your lousy team in November. We’ll talk then. Good luck playing the Browns!”
    _________________________________

You mean against the leagues #1 defense — with no tight ends? LOL! You’ll need a lot of video cameras to compensate!

14. johnsonjjohnson says: Jun 21, 2013 10:39 AM

We really dont have a steeler fan here talking about character do we???? At least our fearless leader isn’t a cowardly rapist. Lets compare rape with taking some vids that was actual legal the yiear before and done in the open because no one was aware of the hair splitting rule.
    Yea I guess in Spits-burg that is considered worse and gives them license to come here and talk trash. Makes perfect sense to me