PFT on NBCSN: Joe Namath, Jets/Patriots Mt. Rushmores

34th Annual Sports Emmy Awards - Reception Getty Images

There are bigger issues in the Patriots world right now than the identity of the four faces that will make up their Mt. Rushmore, but we’ll be revealing them on Thursday’s edition of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN all the same.

In addition to the Patriots, we’ll also be talking about the Jets’ Mt. Rushmore with a man who’s sure to be one of the faces of the franchise. Joe Namath will join Erik Kuselias to talk about the most meaningful names in the history of the franchise and his most memorable moments as a member of the Jets. And, based on some of his past interviews, we’re guessing Namath might have a thing or two to say about the direction of the current Jets team.

Mike Florio and Ross Tucker will also be on hand to give their thoughts on both teams as well as a roundup of all the news from around the league.

It all gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
11 Responses to “PFT on NBCSN: Joe Namath, Jets/Patriots Mt. Rushmores”
  1. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Jun 20, 2013 4:49 PM

If Aaron Hernandez made the Patriots Mt. Rushmore, that’s going to be really embarrassing.

2. bosfaninva says: Jun 20, 2013 5:02 PM

Jets Mt Rushmore:

Joe Namath, Rich Kotite, Foot Fetish, Butt Fumble

3. thegreatgabbert says: Jun 20, 2013 5:25 PM

Joe can just stand alongside the others. His head makes up about 80% of his bodyweight now, no one will notice the difference.

4. mustbechris says: Jun 20, 2013 5:35 PM

Suzy Kolber or gtfo

5. fdugrad says: Jun 20, 2013 5:41 PM

I agree with the post that does not want AH on Mt. Rushmore for the Pats, because it would be embarrassing. This man’s visage should not be on the FACE of any organization!

6. justintuckrule says: Jun 20, 2013 5:51 PM

Weeb Ewbank, Namath, Don Maynard, Gastineau

7. mikebrownistheworstownerinprosports says: Jun 20, 2013 6:10 PM

I couldn’t care less about the team strug-l-ling. I wanna kiss you!

8. fdugrad says: Jun 20, 2013 6:35 PM

Weeb, Joe, Don and Matt Snell

9. kupdeville says: Jun 20, 2013 6:37 PM

I guess Namath is one of the faces of the JETS (not the hall of fame) The others might be Kleco, Gasteneau & Martin…. Personally and I know I would be swimming up stream but I think Testeverde would be a better choice than Namath.. I know, I know don’t kill me, it’s just that Namath pretty much got all his positive fame from one game…

10. vikinganswer says: Jun 20, 2013 7:09 PM

If Namath is on the Jets, Danny White should make the Cowboys and Tommy Kramer should have made the Vikings. They are just as good.

11. fdugrad says: Jun 20, 2013 8:29 PM

kupdeville: I do not understand what you mean by ( not the hall of fame ) when you refer to Joe Namath. Are you saying he is not in the professional HOF? If you are saying this, you are incorrect. He has been inducted into The HOF in Canton. Could you explain what you mean in your post, it is a bit confusing.