Pacman says people who know him know what kind of man he is

Cincinnati Bengals v Atlanta Falcons Getty Images

Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones has been in the news for the wrong reasons again recently, after he was charged with assaulting a woman at a Cincinnati bar. But Jones says that people who know him well know he’s different than his reputation would suggest.

Jones, who spoke at the NFL’s rookie symposium this week, says that he has established himself in the community, spending time working with the Special Olympics and local schools, and that people in Cincinnati know him as a good man.

“The city of Cincinnati and my teammates know what kind of guy I am in the community and what I do for the youth around here,” Jones said, via the Cincinnati Enquirer. “What I do for the symposium, that’s not really something to show [the public] anything. I do it just to help the younger guys out.”

Jones said he doesn’t think he has to prove himself to anyone else.

“I’m at a point in my life now where I know what kind of person I am,” Jones said. “I know what I do, I’m not the person I used to be. I am not in the game of proving it to everybody in the world. As long as I can prove it to myself, my fiancee, my kids, my teammates, my coaches and the people in the neighborhood.”

Jones was once the poster boy for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s crackdown on bad behavior off the field. He now claims to be a changed man, though his recent arrest would suggest that he still needs to learn to walk away from trouble.

Permalink 43 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
43 Responses to “Pacman says people who know him know what kind of man he is”
  1. supremekingz says: Jun 27, 2013 8:53 AM

The media loves to remind the world of who you used to be, but I do believe that Pacman Jones has changed. One little hiccup doesn’t mean anything. From what Bengals players say about him, he’s a family man now

2. jiggy3198 says: Jun 27, 2013 9:01 AM

Hernandez said the same thing and look what happened to those people

3. touchdownroddywhite says: Jun 27, 2013 9:01 AM

Even good people make bad choices. He’s kept his nose clean long enough I would think he deserves the benefit of the doubt that this was more foolish than malicious.

4. camdenyard says: Jun 27, 2013 9:02 AM

People that knew the Boston Strangler knew what kind of man he was too.

5. comatrip1 says: Jun 27, 2013 9:04 AM

“Pacman says people who know him know what kind of criminal he is”

6. myspaceyourface says: Jun 27, 2013 9:07 AM

Stop “telling us” and “show us”

7. jwil007 says: Jun 27, 2013 9:08 AM

Pacman grew up in a very troubled area of Atlanta and didn’t have all of the great family support and good examples that so many of us have been able to experience…With that said the process to change is a long journey… They only way to be successful is to continue to keep a positive support system around him, get busy doing charitable things in the community which he does and keep working on changing the image… Its a process it doesn’t happen over night. Stay focused Adam… I’m pullin for you to defeat the demons…

8. anhdazman says: Jun 27, 2013 9:08 AM

Exactly like the last sentence stated. Not man enough to walk away from trouble.

You’re an NFL player.

You make millions.

Why let petty people bother you? They just want to make trouble for you so they can hit their mini lotto ticket.

Most of all, you’re a man. Why hit a woman when you could have walked away a long long time ago? You have a grandmother, mother, maybe a sister or a daughter. Would you beat any of those females?

9. hanifmiller says: Jun 27, 2013 9:09 AM

People who DONT know pacman know who he is. You dont smack a woman under any circumstances but especially when you’re trying to rehab an image that has already been tarnished by indiscretions. One things for sure. Pacman love him some bars.

10. bengalsfranchise says: Jun 27, 2013 9:17 AM

The woman at the bar would not have pressed charges if this were a normal, not famous person.

True statement ^^

11. myspaceyourface says: Jun 27, 2013 9:21 AM

You can take the rat out of the hood, but you can’t take the hood out of the rat.

12. noodlecbs says: Jun 27, 2013 9:21 AM

DB?

13. lovedabirds says: Jun 27, 2013 9:31 AM

No one cares where this guy grew up. No one cares what kind of family life he had. The dude finds trouble on a consistent basis. Many people grew up in bad environments & have risen above it. They had the common sense & intelligence to know right from wrong. This guy is an excuse machine. Always a victim & always misunderstood. This is one of those guys that once his football career is over will be in jail within 5 years. It’s pathetic to keep making exceptions & excuses for guys like this, he is not being targeted & he makes his own troubles.

14. whatjusthapped says: Jun 27, 2013 9:34 AM

The same can be said about Jeffery Dalmer’s neighbors. When interviewed, they all thought he was a great guy.

15. azarkhan says: Jun 27, 2013 9:36 AM

OK Pacman, so you’re saying your friends know you’re an a-hole? We already know that, but thanks anyway.

16. nomoreseasontix says: Jun 27, 2013 9:55 AM

Pacman = dumbsh!t…

17. Slackmo says: Jun 27, 2013 9:55 AM

He’s Rain Man

18. dezmick says: Jun 27, 2013 9:56 AM

Its true, just ask any stripper, they’ll tell you how great he is.

19. jjbadd385 says: Jun 27, 2013 10:01 AM

Seriously though, after the past few days and murder charges against players and such, kinda makes Pacman seem like an upstanding citizen by comparison….

20. brettfavresmidget says: Jun 27, 2013 10:03 AM

I’ve always preferred Basketball Jones…

21. richndc says: Jun 27, 2013 10:12 AM

He hit a woman–again. Defend him all you want, he is a major POS. Attack me for being a hater, say things like “it must be nice being perfect” or “don’t judge a man until you walk in his shoes”, etc. He keeps hitting women, that is all I know. I grew up in at least as rough a place as him. My mother raised me better than this, and even if she hadn’t at some point you grow up. He never has. It’s only news because he is paid millions to live a dream many of us would live for free. Stop defending this kind of subhuman trash, you disgrace yourself and your own mothers by sticking up for a guy who hits women. TRUTH.

22. easyeintennessee says: Jun 27, 2013 10:17 AM

“blah blah blah turds blah blah bungles blah blah turd. Hey Ma… I’m done with my segment!” – joetoro

23. prmpft says: Jun 27, 2013 10:21 AM

and it is pretty easy for folks who do not know him to know what kind of man he is…

24. flaccotoboldin says: Jun 27, 2013 10:26 AM

This is a case of someone trolling Pacman, likely hoping to sue him.

He should have gotten away from the situation, but its doesn’t sound like the “ladies” are victims in the true sense of the word.

25. helladonks says: Jun 27, 2013 10:29 AM

Im glad we, as humans, can jump to conclusions about people, label them, and know that everybody can control everything in their lives, including how to handle certain situations, EVERYBODY is pre-programmed to be perfect, they just dont want to. Amirite, lovedabirds?

26. beachsidejames says: Jun 27, 2013 10:31 AM

I like him. If goes near my sister I’ll break his neck!

27. thewarrenmoon says: Jun 27, 2013 10:39 AM

“No family support – grew up in Atlanta.” Duh.

28. supesfan34 says: Jun 27, 2013 10:53 AM

So he’s saying he no longer “liked’s the script clubs”?

29. m2karateman says: Jun 27, 2013 11:10 AM

There is no doubt this woman went looking for a payday. She started the fiasco. And woman or not, a man has a right to defend himself. Women want equal rights, this is part of it. I don’t condone hitting a woman, but the whole “you don’t hit a woman under any circumstance” BS is garbage as well. Should he have hit this woman? No. But should he be charged with a crime? I’m not so sure. Regardless, doing a few good deeds doesn’t wipe the slate clean either. Pacman needs to stay out of bars and nightclubs if he truly wants to clean up his image and his act.

30. tominma says: Jun 27, 2013 11:16 AM

Yet another hiccup!!! Yep! We know what kinda man he is!

31. mrgroovesd says: Jun 27, 2013 11:36 AM

Yo Pacman, I’m really happy for you…I’ll let you finish. But Hernandez had one of the better headlines this past week.

32. joetoronto says: Jun 27, 2013 11:46 AM

Only those who support such a turd are lower than him, the lowest of the low.

33. ajgreenhof says: Jun 27, 2013 12:05 PM

When he’s in trouble he goes from Adam to Pacman?

34. larrydavid7000 says: Jun 27, 2013 12:14 PM

You mean they know him as a PUNK.!!!

35. dspyank2k11 says: Jun 27, 2013 12:16 PM

Hes a weather man… he knows when its gonna RAIN!

36. rukkus1 says: Jun 27, 2013 12:40 PM

Weve all had friends like pac man… fun to be around, deep down they have a good person, but every now and then they get themselves knee deep… and not the zac brown kinda knee deep

37. relggigeht says: Jun 27, 2013 12:42 PM

He’s found peace with himself playing for the Cincinnati Bengals. lol

38. damnskins703 says: Jun 27, 2013 1:14 PM

Jwil007 very nice put couldn’t agree more with u

39. hedleykow says: Jun 27, 2013 1:19 PM

And I would like to self-proclaim myself as God’s third son. 1. Jesus 2. Tebow 3. Me

40. whyrunbackwardsyoullvomit says: Jun 27, 2013 1:31 PM

You know he might could have gotten away with saying this if this was the first time he’d been in trouble with the law. But at some point (i.e. now) it doesn’t really mean that much. Perhaps he should stay away from the bars until his playing days are over then booze it up all he wants.

41. @Cereal_22 says: Jun 27, 2013 1:37 PM

Broken yet showing some signs of hope ??

42. mz1394 says: Jun 27, 2013 1:50 PM

A normal person wouldn’t have thrown a haymaker at a woman’s face even if she threw a drink on him

43. blitzburgh2u says: Jun 27, 2013 2:23 PM

Yeah we know what kind of man he is, one that likes to hit women. The video is clear that she did not hit him with a bottle, she poured a drink on him and he punched her like she was a grown man in the face….and to think I believed his first story and gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Get him out of the league, he’s had more chances than he deserves.