Cardinals’ Robert Gill runs 25 mph

robertgill

As a 29-year-old who has never played in the NFL, Cardinals receiver Robert Gill is unlikely to make the regular-season roster. But he’s getting plenty of attention this week.

At a time when NFL fans are looking for anything other than Aaron Hernandez to talk about, a video of Gill getting on a treadmill and running 25 miles per hour has gone viral. Suffice to say, Gill running on a treadmill looks a whole lot different than the guys at your gym running on the treadmill.

Gill isn’t exactly a record setter — Usain Bolt has been clocked at faster than 27 mph — but he has to be among the fastest players in the NFL. Although Michael Scott would insist that he can run faster.

Here’s the video:

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Home, Rumor Mill
24 Responses to “Cardinals’ Robert Gill runs 25 mph”
  1. raiderufan says: Jun 28, 2013 9:53 AM

I think I’d rather see him build up to 25 mph but that was still impressive.

2. bluebongzilla says: Jun 28, 2013 9:55 AM

Cute. How fast is he in pads and cleats on a football field with a bunch of other guys trying to tackle him?

3. myeaglescantwin says: Jun 28, 2013 9:57 AM

that was nuts.

but still,, having the ground pulled from under you at 25 mph is a lot different that making your body move across the earth at 25 mph.

still, that was nuts.

4. thesteelers says: Jun 28, 2013 9:58 AM

I’m more interested in splits than top speed. I think NFL teams are as well.

5. myeaglescantwin says: Jun 28, 2013 9:58 AM

still, that was nuts.

6. tinbender2000 says: Jun 28, 2013 10:00 AM

Faster than you or me I suspect, bluebongzilla.

7. sowcrates says: Jun 28, 2013 10:02 AM

As a former track athlete and track coach, I came on here to declare that this guy can not run a sub-9 second 100 meter dash (Do the math: 60/25 = 2.4 minutes per mile… /16 to get what is ~ a 100 meter dash [~1600 meters in a mile], = .15 of a minute… also known as 9 seconds. Bolt’s record is 9.58)

…and then I see that it was on a treadmill, which does all of the forward propulsion for you. That means that you’re turnover is what matters and the only power you need is for stability, not to actually push your body forward.

The guy’s obviously fast, but saying that you ran 25 MPH on a treadmill is like me saying I benched 1200 lbs on the moon.

8. Jay Cutler is an elite QB says: Jun 28, 2013 10:03 AM

anyone who thinks running on a treadmill is even close to running outside, well, probably has never run outside

9. badmude says: Jun 28, 2013 10:05 AM

I’d be impressed if he could self propel himself to 25mph and if he could reach that by his 4th step.
    Stupid pet tricks

10. bluebongzilla says: Jun 28, 2013 10:12 AM

Yeah tinbender, lots of people are faster than us. There are people that are faster than this guy too, so I’m not sure what your point is.

11. shellandflame says: Jun 28, 2013 10:20 AM

He need the Six Million Dollar Man sound effects and music on this video to make it perfect.

12. humb0lt says: Jun 28, 2013 10:25 AM

What’s the big deal? I can drive my car in reverse faster than that.

JK

Makes me want to jump on my treadmill and see how fast I can run. Except my treadmill only goes to 10 mph.

13. schmitty2 says: Jun 28, 2013 10:26 AM

Even though running on a treadmill is far different than running on actual ground I think most people have to admit his leg speed is incredible.

14. stlunatik says: Jun 28, 2013 10:50 AM

I’m willing to bet any one of us could run 25 mph. It all depends on how fast the pitball is chasing us

15. tinbender2000 says: Jun 28, 2013 10:59 AM

bluebongzilla says:
    Jun 28, 2013 10:12 AM
    ——————————————————————
    “Danton Barto, who coached Gill in Arena Football, told the Cardinals’ website that Deion Sanders is the only player he’s ever seen whose speed compares to Gill’s.”
    There might be a couple players faster than Gill, but if there are it’s a few at most. This guy’s fast. What was the point of your first post again?

16. upperdecker19 says: Jun 28, 2013 11:14 AM

But was he able to generate the 1.21 jigowatts of power needed to operate the flux capacitor?

17. davikes says: Jun 28, 2013 11:22 AM

If he tripped, I wonder how far he would shoot off the back?

18. voorheesmark953 says: Jun 28, 2013 11:23 AM

In the bible ,Asahel king Davids nephew,it is stated he could outrun a deer ,Josephus stated of him that he outran a horse,even by current statistics horses and deer run somewhere in the 45-50 mph range , which is almost twice the speed of the fastest human sprints let alone distance oh and as the media is so fond of inciting hate crimes against white people at every possible opportunity ,Asahel was a white guy ! This is the word of God which can be trusted implicitly, as opposed to the current communist opinions put forth by a lying press

19. granadafan says: Jun 28, 2013 12:02 PM

If I tried that, you’d be seeing a guy smashed up against the wall behind the treadmill on one of those epic fail videos on Youtube.

20. thescale99 says: Jun 28, 2013 12:44 PM

voorheesmark953 says:

*~*~*~*~*~*

That, sir, is the winning post of the day. +1 awesome points

/sarcasm off

21. mrpolarbear99 says: Jun 28, 2013 12:54 PM

bluebongzilla – his point is that calling something “cute” that you and most players in the NFL can’t do is the exact definition of a hater.

Now go play before someone shoves you into a locker.

22. frankietwothumbs says: Jun 28, 2013 3:04 PM

That was impressive, and this really doesn’t matter except to nerds like myself but…
    I doubt it was 25 mph while he was on it.
    When you jump on those things they slow down quite a bit and it takes a little while to adjust, by which time he jumped off.

23. MichaelWrites says: Jun 28, 2013 3:11 PM

Paul Ryan assured me that he ran faster than 25 mph.

24. mackie66 says: Jun 28, 2013 5:10 PM

Id be impressed if he could run 25mph on a highway in traffic. This was just a stunt on a moving tread mill. Booooooo