Pats offering free exchanges on Hernandez jerseys

Hernandez AP

Not only are the Patriots no longer selling Aaron Hernandez jerseys. They’re offering to take yours back if you bought one before he was arrested for murder.

The team announced they would exchange any Hernandez jerseys purchased from the team store or online for “a new Patriots jersey of comparable value.” The exchange policy has a number of provisions, and is only good during the weekend of July 6-7.

“We know that children love wearing their Patriots jerseys, but may not understand why parents don’t want them wearing their Hernandez jerseys anymore,” team spokesperson Stacey James said. “We hope this opportunity to exchange those jerseys at the Patriots ProShop for another player’s jersey will be well received by parents.”

The league has already scrubbed his stats off their website, and anything the Patriots can do to make anyone forget they were ever a part of this, they’re going to do.

The offer only applies to in-stock merchandise, and not custom orders, so if you want to trade in for a Tim Tebow, we’d advise getting there early.

Permalink 124 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Aaron Hernandez case, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
124 Responses to “Pats offering free exchanges on Hernandez jerseys”
  1. rxv5854 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:36 PM

NFL giving him the Chris Benoit treatment

2. blowpackblow says: Jun 28, 2013 3:37 PM

Things keep piling on this guy, now a report came out that in high school he had an intimate affair with his teacher. Oh ya, and he was home schooled.

3. hookem6903 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:38 PM

The Pats could not be handling this situation any better.

4. dsimp724 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:38 PM

Provisions really? Can’t they just take them back

5. goraidersgospurs says: Jun 28, 2013 3:38 PM

I assume the pats think he is guilty! !!

6. JohnG says: Jun 28, 2013 3:39 PM

Interesting it claims to only be for #81 jerseys, given Hernandez wore #85 in 2010

7. jgg1 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:39 PM

Not a Pats fan, but this is honorable of them to do.

8. gloryfromheaven says: Jun 28, 2013 3:39 PM

You might as well wear something out of the garbage if you were to wear a Aaron Hernandez jersey…

9. dsimp724 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:39 PM

What about my new pumas can I give them back also?

10. wayupsouth says: Jun 28, 2013 3:42 PM

Don’t care about the Pats one way or the other but I kinda feel bad for ‘em. How can you possibly know a guy’s a homicidal maniac?

11. thelastwordyaheard says: Jun 28, 2013 3:43 PM

The team announced they would exchange any Hernandez jerseys purchased from the team store or online for “a new Patriots jersey of comparable value”
    ___________________________________

..the Pats then noted that, since his jersey is now worthless, you’ll receive nothing in return

12. juliusanonymous says: Jun 28, 2013 3:44 PM

The Pats don’t need to do anything else to convince me they’re a class organization.

Even when they played in Seattle last season, I was surprised and happy to find that all the Patriot fans I encountered were pretty cool. No gloating when they were up, no over-the-top trash-talking or bragging about multiple titles when they got beat.

Have always respected Kraft’s Patriots and they only bolstered my respect by handling this ugly situation as quickly and well as they did.

13. fanofevilempire says: Jun 28, 2013 3:44 PM

The Pats could not be handling this situation any better

———————————————————

oh really, where do you think he got the money for guns, bullets, rental cars etc. from the 12.5
    mil bonus the Pats gave him because he was such a model citizen. Oh please, and comparing these murders to the way the Jets do football business is disrespectful to the people who were killed and to their family so lets get a little perspective here.
    This is real life not a game!

14. Stiller43 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:44 PM

Its clearly to limit the amout of people wearing hernandez jerseys and causing a scene, or modifying a hernandez jersey, maybe painting some blood on it or something as a gag.

The NFL and the pats know its a real small price to pay to get all his jerseys off the backs of those who would do something perhaps controversial with them…

And im sure theres a small part (probably real small) that want to keep fans buying jerseys in the future and give them some insurance if that player gets arrested for murder (or another serious crime), they’ll have an out.

15. cmcgly says: Jun 28, 2013 3:45 PM

What about my David Givens jersey?

16. upperdecker19 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:46 PM

But no relief for those poor souls that purchased Ochostinko jerseys?

17. bharr170 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:46 PM

Classy New England. Very classy.

18. slugbaitspace says: Jun 28, 2013 3:47 PM

As long as we’re on this subject, I assume that his number will possibly be “unofficially” retired for about ten years.

The Patriots won’t comment about it, and it’ll just seem odd that no new receivers will want to wear it.

Unless the Pats get desperate and bring in T.O., in which case this could get interesting.

19. marionbarber24isgod says: Jun 28, 2013 3:47 PM

The -2013- Patriots have me respect. This was a great move by the organization.

I’m glad someone is putting their foot down, and there doing it for all the right reasons.

20. raiderlyfe510 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:47 PM

So much for innocent until proven guilty.

21. bigwinintx says: Jun 28, 2013 3:48 PM

Say what you want about this gesture, but this just made that jersey a collector’s item!

22. jaykray says: Jun 28, 2013 3:48 PM

On an earlier article, I said that I would not give credit to the Patriots ownership for getting rid of Hernandez because thats what should have been done.

Now this, I give them full credit and see as a nice and classy gesture that they were not expected to do.

Good job Pats!

23. dvdman123 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:49 PM

Wow whatever ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I mean yeah it looks bad for him right now but he still has not been convicted of anything. I just don’t get how the Patriots or anyone else can get away with this. Like I said it sure looks like he did it but still what’s the rush judgement? Anyway do the Patriots really think people are going to forget he played for them? People still haven’t forgotten about Spygate.

24. foosball11 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:50 PM

Not sure why the league has scrubbed his statistics on their website. What happened to “innocent until proven guilty?” BTW, I think he probably played a role in this whole mess, he may even have murdered the victim, but since I dont have the facts, I will withhold any judgement until Hernandez has had his day in court. I just wish the NFL would do the same.

25. dolphindubs says: Jun 28, 2013 3:50 PM

As a Dolphins fan, I am proud and supportive of the Patriots doing this. Good for you New England! Thumbs up

26. twilson962 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:50 PM

That is actually pretty cool of the Pats.

27. Nofoolnodrool says: Jun 28, 2013 3:50 PM

Wonder why the Ravens didn’t do something classy like this with Ray Ray? Let me guess the Ravens investigated and came up with their unbiased assessment. They accepted Rays explanation that the dumber was a good place to get his white suit cleaned.

28. ctiggs says: Jun 28, 2013 3:51 PM

Or keep it as motivation of what not to be

29. allhailkingflacco says: Jun 28, 2013 3:53 PM

This article brings up one aspect that’s been somewhat lost in this disaster of a human being. Parents having to explain to their kids what their former hero has done. Pathetic.

Hernandez should be exterminated.

Good job by the Pats with the jersey deal.

30. whatnojets says: Jun 28, 2013 3:53 PM

I understand that NASA is planning a manned , one way, space flight to Mars.

I think Hernandez and his associates make a good choice.

31. 12thmanseattle says: Jun 28, 2013 3:53 PM

Off topic question to pats fans. What does your receiving core looking like now? Is there a guy nobody knows about that’s decent or are you really gonna have to go out and get somebody? Brady makes mediocre receivers look great (branch). Just wondering for fantasy leagues

32. rc33 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:54 PM

Can I get anything in exchange for my Seattle Mariners’ Felix Hernandez jersey?
    He’s terrific but the team is a comedy act once again.

33. demolition510 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:54 PM

Nice gesture. Now NFL, cut the prices on tickets, especially pre-season

34. PacificNWMark says: Jun 28, 2013 3:56 PM

Not a Patriots fan, but this is a classy move. Well done New England.

35. thc850 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:57 PM

why scrub his stats? He didn’t cheat in the game

36. waldoampere says: Jun 28, 2013 3:57 PM

How many years can he get for killing the Patriots season?

37. whatnojets says: Jun 28, 2013 3:58 PM

dvdman123 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:49 PM

————————————————-

The Pats are taking a page out of Hernandez ” how to get away with it” book.

Like Hernandez, scrub the house and scrub away all records……

Maybe, just maybe the Pats have something to hide???

38. greenandgold1972 says: Jun 28, 2013 3:58 PM

And if you don’t live close to the stadium, tough luck. Exchanges at the shop ONLY

39. deep64blue says: Jun 28, 2013 3:58 PM

Don’t agree with the NFL trying to change reality, those stats happened after all.

As far “innocent until proved guilty” that is the correct concept in court, it does not apply to public perception or individual judgement.

40. mp4philly says: Jun 28, 2013 3:58 PM

Scrubbing the stats seems like a bit much. What do his stats have to do with him being a murderer?
    What are they going to do next, vacate victories of games he payed in?

41. hrdcorbengalsfan says: Jun 28, 2013 3:58 PM

Isn’t this America where you are presumed innocent until proven guilty?

42. butthatmakestoomuchsense says: Jun 28, 2013 3:58 PM

AaronHernandez merchandise is fetching major money on Ebay.

43. holdthemayo123 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:01 PM

Innocent until proven guilty means the GOVERNMENT cannot punish you until you are convicted.
    I bet you are the same geniuses who always scream “Freedom of speech!” when someone if fired for saying something bad.
    Take a civics course people!

44. htowntexan says: Jun 28, 2013 4:02 PM

why would the league erase his stats at this early stage? for that matter, why would they ever erase his stats? it’s not like he was caught cheating, which arguably would justify erasing stats.

45. frankietwothumbs says: Jun 28, 2013 4:03 PM

As other people have pointed out repeatedly, innocent until proven guilty applies to the way a judge or jury should view a client. It makes no sense outside of that. And there are plenty of facts available to everyone right now, the only thing missing is two lawyers “interpreting” the facts for you. If you need that to figure out things, I feel sorry for you.

46. FinFan68 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:04 PM

Good move by the Patriots. The NFL removed his stats? Why? Pretending he was never in the NFL does nothing. Also, his stats impact more than just him. (TE comparisons/rankings, etc.) Replacing his picture with a silhouette would be fine but removing everything is just dumb and (over) reactionary

47. frankietwothumbs says: Jun 28, 2013 4:04 PM

I have no clue why I put “client”. That should be “the accused”.

48. bookofelisha10 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:05 PM

damn pats are not playing around loll
    even if this didnt link the pats to them forever

the fact they both destroy video footage for their benefit will run with them until this generation dies haha

49. camdenyard says: Jun 28, 2013 4:07 PM

As a Ravens fan I don’t particularly like the Patriots, but they are making all the right moves.

P.S. and before anyone comments, the Ravens did the right thing in 2000 because Ray didn’t kill anyone.

50. daysend564 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:08 PM

By this, aren’t the Pats saying his jersey is worthless? As such, when you return it, they don’t have to give you anything in return?

Jersey for one of equal or lesser value.

51. nesportsfan0428 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:08 PM

All of a sudden Gronk dancing shirtless with co-eds and adult film stars in Vegas doesn’t seem so bad.

In fact it seems more awesome.

52. bookofelisha10 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:08 PM

also pretty funny the NFL will scrub these stats but none of the ‘tuck rule game’ and the spygate superbowl.. guess it works for their situation

53. rgtre10 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:10 PM

I say keep it and tape over it with the name…”KILLA” on another note it could be a collecters item some day might want to hold on to it!

BTW what about the folks who bought the other AH jersey that being Albert Haynesworth? Any money back for them?

54. giantssb42champs says: Jun 28, 2013 4:11 PM

With regards to the leftover stock, I expect we’ll soon see photos of entire African villages wearing Hernandez jerseys.

55. BED MAN OKC says: Jun 28, 2013 4:11 PM

Chiefs did the exact same thing for Javon Belcher jerseys, but then realized no one owed one in the first place.

56. Giantspunk213 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:11 PM

Wish the Giants would do that for the Sinorice Moss jersey i bought years ago.

57. rc33 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:11 PM

For those with comprehension issues…serious comprehension issues…it’s NFL.com that scrubbed his stats.
    You can still find AH’s stats on the Patriots website.

58. thestrategyexpert says: Jun 28, 2013 4:12 PM

Who is the PR genius that decided to brand the rest of the players’ jerseys as comparable value to an AH jersey? *smh*

59. giantssb42champs says: Jun 28, 2013 4:13 PM

“Isn’t this America where you are presumed innocent until proven guilty?”
    ——————————-
    Being that you’re a Bengals fan, clearly you are reminding us of their team motto.

60. bostonian13 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:23 PM

Think or feel whatever you want about the Patriots, they’re handling this situation the way a team is supposed too. Even if, just in some crazy way possible AH is found not guilty and a couple years down the road he’s eligible to return to football…the pats want nothing to do with them. Might as well go trade in a worthless jersey at this point for a Brady, Mayo, Wilfork or Gronk one. Heck, why not even a Belichick hoodie!

61. whatnojets says: Jun 28, 2013 4:23 PM

I have a customs ordered personalized “Hernandez” jersey.
    Can I exchange that to a “Rodriguez” jersey???

62. jbaxt says: Jun 28, 2013 4:24 PM

But is he sill the 77th best player in the league, as voted by his peers?

63. dlbpatsfan says: Jun 28, 2013 4:24 PM

@rxv5854 Yes I was thinking the same thing to myself haha.

64. channer81 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:25 PM

The rumor is your going to receive either a Matt Cassell, Chad Johnson or Steve Grogan jersey.

65. giantssb42champs says: Jun 28, 2013 4:25 PM

What are they going to do next, vacate victories of games he payed in?
    —————————-
    That bird has flown. The league already missed its chance by not vacating the 3 tainted pats SB wins.

66. cmm10304 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:27 PM

Why scrub his stats off the sites? Did they do that to every other player arrested for a serious crime or felony? I don’t agree with what Hernandez has been involved in but to erase him like he never played in the league is something I don’t agree with either. This is really sad for the victim and his family but also Hernandez’s family as well. I know I couldn’t handle what he’s facing, that kind of prison term doesn’t suit a 156 lb white boy… I can’t comprehend why he’d shoot somebody over talking to another group in a nightclub, there has to be soooooo much we’ve not heard. July 24th will be the day we hear quite a bit more when Aaron goes back to court.

67. joteri says: Jun 28, 2013 4:33 PM

Hernandez is a stud, haters gonna hate

68. laxcoach37 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:34 PM

This is a very good PR move for the Patriots. In fact, downright brilliant and this coming from a Phins Fan.

However, let’s keep this in perspective. The amount of refund in a monetary form is less than Kraft spent on Lunch today. The Jersey’s are wholesale cost of about $22 and the volume was no where near a Welker or Brady unit. We are talking about a few thousand bucks for this much “Good PR”… Priceless.

69. whatjusthapped says: Jun 28, 2013 4:35 PM

for all those saying the Patriots are doing all the right things, why limit it to just a single weekend? what if you are out of town next weekend, a pretty good bet considering where the 4th of July falls this year.

But watch what happens next, Hernandez has so much street cred in South Central LA that his jersey will be the required attire for all gang bangers, blood & the crips.

70. seahawks4alltime says: Jun 28, 2013 4:38 PM

the NFL did not scrub his stats. His stats still exist as part of the record for the games he was in.

The Patriots have scrubbed his stats from their website. That is all.

71. crownofthehelmet says: Jun 28, 2013 4:40 PM

Sweet, there’s still hope I can recover some costs for my Ray Lewis and Donte Stallworth jerseys.

72. kickrocks202 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:40 PM

Any teammates he had that hung out with him (if there was any) are on the chopping block, back to the “Patriot way” This guy needs to be buried UNDER the prison

73. nobby821 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:41 PM

Can I get a Tebow #81?

74. billsfan1 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:43 PM

Nfl= CIA and FBI… They all conspire together. Between the 3 organizations, by this time next year, there will be no evidence that one Aaron Hernandez ever existed on this planet.

75. thegreatgabbert says: Jun 28, 2013 4:43 PM

The slimeballs running the show, Bile Bellyache and Krafty The Clown know that Hernandez jerseys will appreciate in value at a huge rate. They realized that they sold them way too cheap at the time and are trying to get them back for even cheaper.

76. joejgibbs says: Jun 28, 2013 4:43 PM

I’d keep the jersey with the tags on it. Then once the Patriots have recalled them all, head over to ‘Pawn Stars’.
    Chumlee I have the only remaining AH jersey in circulation.

77. jayniner says: Jun 28, 2013 4:44 PM

Will they exchange my Glock for an H&K .40?

78. ebr362 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:46 PM

I think anytime a player is cut before his contract is up or traded before it is up they should offer to exchange the jersey of the cut/traded player. How many different Tebow jerseys are out there in three years?

79. kingokra says: Jun 28, 2013 4:46 PM

As much as I’ve been hammering the Pats on this one, and as much as I despise them, I have to admit this move shows class. I doubt any other teams would do this, even my beloved team (which will remain nameless). Nice move, Kraft. Now, I have to break all of my fingers for writing the previous sentence.

80. thegreatgabbert says: Jun 28, 2013 4:46 PM

Short Bob the Brown Leather Dwarf wants a Hernandez jersey to wear to bed at night so he can play “bad boy” to the vacuous trophy wife.

81. yukon672010 says: Jun 28, 2013 4:47 PM

Not sure why this thread brings out more Ray Lewis stuff…but lets look at facts. Lewis was THREATENED with being charged with attempted murder simply so he would turn on the people who actually committed the crime. The police knew he did not kill anyone. The Ravens, just the Pats are doing, did their own investigation…talked to their contacts..and were confident Lewis did not commit murder. So they backed him.

And he eventually was not charged with murder. Why ? Bc he did not commit a murder.

The Patriots, in doing their due diligence..as the Ravens did…clearly have information that has lead them to believe Aaron did in fact commit these crimes. And they are distancing themselves as much as they can as a result.

But hey…lets not let the facts of these cases get in the way of ignorance.

82. 4grammarpolice says: Jun 28, 2013 4:49 PM

Can I get a Patriots #12 jersey with the name
    ” I FUMBLED” on the back?

83. hrmlss says: Jun 28, 2013 4:52 PM

“I understand that NASA is planning a manned , one way, space flight to Mars.

I think Hernandez and his associates make a good choice.”

Problem is the ship would land on Mars and their would only be 1 person left alive.

84. pastabelly101 says: Jun 28, 2013 5:07 PM

RaidersFans the first murderer in the nfl was Jack tatum

85. mz1394 says: Jun 28, 2013 5:13 PM

What kind of exchange did fans get if they brought in their video cameras after spygate

86. j1stat says: Jun 28, 2013 5:14 PM

for all those asking about this innocent until proven guilty garbage. I believe there is enough to say there is a degree of guilt here. maybe we don’t know the degree but a “not guilty” O.J. verdict will not make him innocent regardless of the success of his lawyers.

87. jets4gold says: Jun 28, 2013 5:15 PM

wow. this team is trying too hard. who cares, really?

88. TheWizard says: Jun 28, 2013 5:16 PM

What does your receiving core looking like now?

There’s some justifiable concern.

Amendola, Gronk, and Edelman being healthy for the season would be nice, but their past doesn’t inspire confidence of that.

It remains to be seen if one or more of the rookies will be a contributor according to Reiss.

89. jimjets says: Jun 28, 2013 5:17 PM

in related news, the Pats are NOT giving free exchanges of Kyle Love’s jerseys.

(they dumped him because he has diabetes. he didn’t kill anyone)

90. purplehaze28 says: Jun 28, 2013 5:26 PM

Wow!
    His Jerseys are still selling for $100-$250 on Craigslist, in Boston.
    Also home surveillance systems compare to AH’s.
    Madden 13, now a collectable. Last time you’ll se AH on a game…

91. 66orioles says: Jun 28, 2013 5:34 PM

In some areas an Hernandez jersey will be prized and worn for the intimidation factor.

I can just see some gang banger wearing the jersey yelling out “Yo mess with me and you’ll get Hernandezed!!!”

92. dretwann says: Jun 28, 2013 5:47 PM

Should this dude not be found guilty or, more importantly, is fully acquitted of these crimes, there is gonna be a lot of mud on a lot of faces afterwards. Point is, speculation is one thing but outright accusal is something else entirely. Media does no one any good. All they do is sensationalize the bad then give less than modest acknowledgment of the positive. And we are wired to believed the negative nearly immediately and doubt the positive just as quickly. We are all messed up in the head.

93. christopher525 says: Jun 28, 2013 5:49 PM

So, if it’s for a jersey of “similar value” are they offering old Drew Bledsoe jerseys or something? Pretty sure that a Hernandez jersey is worth essentially nothing at this moment.

94. cmm10304 says: Jun 28, 2013 6:01 PM

Nobody cares about a Patriots jersey! RG3 is the only jersey people in America care about… #HTTR

95. allen227 says: Jun 28, 2013 6:17 PM

Loyalty at the highest level. How about support him until he’s proven guilty.

96. bennyb82 says: Jun 28, 2013 6:19 PM

Honestly, this is possibly karma for how the Patriots treated Welker. I mean, someone in the front office had to have known a little bit about Hernandez…maybe they thought if they gave him a huge contract that he would chill. I bet now they wish they gave that contract to Welker.

97. j0esixpack says: Jun 28, 2013 6:19 PM

The good news – you can exchange your Hernandez jersey

The bad news – you’ll get an Albert Haynesworth one in its place

98. rtp295 says: Jun 28, 2013 6:24 PM

good move by the Patriots, they are handling this situation extremely well.

99. jdphx says: Jun 28, 2013 6:24 PM

Or could the Pats be trying to “lessen” the bad publicity of every time an AH 81 jersey is seen around town, at the games, etc.

Wouldn’t really call that “classy.”

100. allhailkingflacco says: Jun 28, 2013 6:27 PM

Stats ? So silly that people are making a case for keeping his stats on record. He wasn’t in the league long enough for his stats to impact anything or anyone.

The NFL did the right thing. Erase everything possible associated with this piece of trash.

Maybe Hernandez can write his stats on his cell walls.

101. natijim235 says: Jun 28, 2013 6:45 PM

throw in an 85 ocho stinko jersey and have a 2 for 1 sale

102. bluntsmokinskinsfan says: Jun 28, 2013 7:40 PM

Hernandez has not been convicted yet. He may never be convicted, just like Murder Ray. People still wear Ray Lewis jerseys. Innocent until proven guilty? Guess not. Do people really think the victim in this wasn’t involved in any dirt himself? No one deserves to die but I’m sure this guy wasn’t a model citizen. Not saying Hernandez is right, just saying every story has three sides.

103. bigbluefanatic says: Jun 28, 2013 7:45 PM

That’s a crafty way to finally dump all of those Bledsoe jerseys they’ve been sitting on!

104. lanman11 says: Jun 28, 2013 8:46 PM

It would be wiser to leave the window open to trade in these jerseys indefinitely in order to get as many jerseys that bear the Patriots logo and Hernandez’s name off the streets as possible. The less there are, the less there will be reminders that he once wore the uniform, and that they could become a gang favorite on eBay.

105. hgl4969 says: Jun 28, 2013 9:06 PM

Steelers fan, true blue here. Usually detest the Patriots and gray hoodies but I admire how they have handled the situation. It’s a situation that could have happened to any club that took a chance on a player – and they all do. They kept their mouths shut until the had all of the information they could. Made a decision, didn’t waffle. Moved forward – and are making an attempt to make it better for the Patriots fans that believed in them. There is no way they can make it right for everyone who ever bought an H jersey (even on ebay) but they are making an honest effort. I hope they move forward, do well….just not better than my team.

106. vineee1 says: Jun 28, 2013 9:17 PM

Not me! What if he gets out n finds out u traded it in? U wind up I. The “Hernandez Hearse” not me buddy!

107. icdogg says: Jun 28, 2013 9:18 PM

I traded mine in for an O.J. Simpson throwback!

108. fearthehoody says: Jun 28, 2013 9:33 PM

Class act Pats!

109. jfanale says: Jun 28, 2013 11:15 PM

Looks like the Patriots are giving Aaron Hernandez the same treatment WWE gave Chris Benoit.

110. rushmatic says: Jun 28, 2013 11:17 PM

dsimp724 says:
    Provisions really? Can’t they just take them back

______________________

Right, let’s just allow people who bought a Hernandez t-shirt to trade it in for an authentic jersey. No provisions necessary!

111. bcgreg says: Jun 29, 2013 12:02 AM

Hey, Baltimore! See how it’s done?!

112. jonestocarr says: Jun 29, 2013 12:07 AM

I’m sure this has nothing to do w/the Pats not wanting his jersey floating around New England.

113. BigBeachBall says: Jun 29, 2013 2:05 AM

I missed the trial, when did it happen?

114. hedleykow says: Jun 29, 2013 2:55 AM

I am a firm believer that if you are a poor judge of character then you you should be required to wear it on your sleeve. No re-dos.

115. stampnhawk says: Jun 29, 2013 3:57 AM

What about those owning silver Nissan Altima’s or chewing Bubbalicious gum? Or those owning white t-shirts with long red shorts?

116. yumacactus says: Jun 29, 2013 7:23 AM

I’ve got some pink prison stripped shirts I got courtesy of Sheriff Joe in PHX, will they take them in trafe?

117. onbucky96 says: Jun 29, 2013 7:34 AM

Nice. Can we get Ocho Cinco or Hayneswoth instead?

118. cmdrsmooth says: Jun 29, 2013 8:37 AM

Now this is a nice move by the Pats to provide some damage control. Now keeping Tebow on this team will be more critical morally, than ever.

Tebow will be the leader of this team. How ironic it happens at the cost of his teammates freedom.

119. witchrunner says: Jun 29, 2013 10:11 AM

Great move Pats! Now, an enterprising entrepreneur can offer to buy all the Hernandez jerseys off the Pats for pennies and sell them to gang members for hundreds of dollars. As I understand, it could be the official uniform of the Bloods.

120. judgeamygray says: Jun 29, 2013 10:39 AM

Now the big question is do you trade in your jersey or do you hold onto it? Will one of these jerseys be worth $500 as a collectible in a few years? Will one of these jerseys sell for $1,000 on ebay in a few years?

121. baredon says: Jun 29, 2013 10:45 AM

A class act by an organization… Especially in this messed up world…

122. woodyc says: Jun 29, 2013 3:27 PM

The Pats are making the right move here, completely erase Hernandez and any association with him.

123. swagger52 says: Jul 5, 2013 9:40 PM

Nofoolnodrool says: Jun 28, 2013 3:50 PM

___________________________________

The White Suit is nothing more than a shiny object that attracts Patriot fans and their glimmer of hope that their hero Hernandez will ever be on the field again as a Patriot.

Yes, the Patriots have a lot to learn from the Ravens. They were schooled the last 4 playoff games in Gillette Stadium.

124. swagger52 says: Jul 5, 2013 9:43 PM

nofoolnodrool..

Something classy? Like offer something that 90% of their fans can’t use, for the sole purpose of their Patriot Way self-righteousness. Face it…If they want to correct the situation it is not blaming Hernandez it is blaming their decision to ever draft the guy.