Five days later, Hernandez is doing fairly hard time

New England Patriots tight end Hernandez is led out of the North Attleborough police station after being arrested Reuters

Though few reliable details regarding the incarceration of Aaron Hernandez have emerged, one specific fact shared by FOX 25 in Boston brings his new reality to life.

Hernandez goes outside one hour per day, and the lights go out each night at 9:00 p.m. ET.

It’s nevertheless been an eventful five days for the former Patriots tight end.  He tried twice to get out on bail, and failed both times.  He also has become the chief (and apparently only, so far) suspect in an unsolved double murder from July 2012.

Police and prosecutors are keeping their cards tightly concealed, so it’s not clear what will happen next.  Three suspects have been arrested in connection with the death of Odin Lloyd, and the other murder investigation most recently resulted in the impoundment of an SUV owned by Hernandez’s uncle.

We’ll continue to keep a close eye on all potential reports and developments.  If you catch wind of anything new, let us know.

Permalink 53 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Aaron Hernandez case, Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
53 Responses to “Five days later, Hernandez is doing fairly hard time”
  1. niners816 says: Jul 1, 2013 12:30 PM

Don’t drop the soap.

2. logicalvoicesays says: Jul 1, 2013 12:35 PM

If he were a Redskin, this would have never happened. #Weproduceoutstandingcitizensandwinners

3. MichaelWrites says: Jul 1, 2013 12:36 PM

I didn’t do nuffin. I wasn’t there.

4. Steeley McBeam says: Jul 1, 2013 12:38 PM

Considering based on what we know, there could have been a hit out on Hernandez head right now, I’d say this is the lesser of two evils. Or maybe not…

5. obamareallysucks says: Jul 1, 2013 12:43 PM

or an odumbo supporter will “introduce
    ‘ hisself

6. thestrategyexpert says: Jul 1, 2013 12:58 PM

He probably didn’t even get to see the premiere of Dexter last night. He missed a good one.

7. bchapman2011 says: Jul 1, 2013 1:02 PM

In both of his court appearances he seemed very comfortable in the system. He seems more comfortable in prison than on the streets. Unfortunately I think he is going to fit in perfectly with his prison buddies.

8. CKL says: Jul 1, 2013 1:03 PM

There was a guy on local Boston radio (I am sure I can’t post a link) a few days back who was also a local gang member as he says AH is. He identified the tats and explained who the station had to call to verify what he said ( a guy who does this for prison systems in MA). The way the guy described the prisons AH will be in, he actually
    enjoyed being in prison there himself, saying it was some of his best times. I was pretty stunned. Prision shouldn’t be a good time.

9. nickprzy2 says: Jul 1, 2013 1:05 PM

Shawn Taylor was really an outstanding citizion and a winner huh

10. sportsnut101 says: Jul 1, 2013 1:05 PM

He didn’t watch dexter no way. How could he miss that

11. rc33 says: Jul 1, 2013 1:06 PM

—————————–
    uh….OK
    Fred Smoot, Fred Davis and Albert Haynesworth send their regards.

12. steelerben says: Jul 1, 2013 1:12 PM

bchapman2011 says:
    Jul 1, 2013 1:02 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, he’s already used to showering with a room full of men, hitting the weights all day, and being told what to eat when.

13. mikemnz says: Jul 1, 2013 1:13 PM

5 days is nothing compared to what he’s looking at

14. fanofevilempire says: Jul 1, 2013 1:21 PM

If it is to be it is up to me- Aarons tattoo

well judging from where he is and what he did
    to get their, he is right at home.

How comfortable is he in that bed and what happens when he gets a cellmate who is taking
    a crap while you are in the cell.

15. valhalla2013 says: Jul 1, 2013 1:26 PM

I have a go nowhere fast job and a supervisor who doesn’t care much about me. I work hard every week, month, year, century all my life with not a whole lot to show for it. To have all this money and fame and to throw it all away like this just blows my freaking mind.

16. dublindemonszfl says: Jul 1, 2013 1:31 PM

IS there any way we send him a calendar? One starts in 2013 and ends 2113? He’ll want to keep track.

17. thestrategyexpert says: Jul 1, 2013 1:32 PM

sportsnut101:

Yeah no kidding. Maybe AH said to his high priced attorney:

“hey you screwed me on my bail arrangements so you better at least be hooking me up with Showtime while I’m in this b*ch. Don’t get it wrong, that’s an order.”

18. yogi3333 says: Jul 1, 2013 1:37 PM

I think eventually what will come out was that the NFL was all BS to Hernandez and he was using his resources to fund criminal activities.

19. MasMacho says: Jul 1, 2013 1:46 PM

Dude’s life is over. Behind bars until he dies. Minimum of one murder conviction, more likely does time for 2. Makes you wonder how he wasn’t a Raider.

20. patriotsdefense says: Jul 1, 2013 1:53 PM

Is it right that this guy is basically being forced into solitary confinement without a trial? Just asking, it seems like his attorneys should use that point during their final appeal of bail.

Not saying I hope he gets out, just raising a human rights questions. I hope Hernandez spends the rest of his life in jail.

21. whitetrashking says: Jul 1, 2013 1:55 PM

Ummmmmm……as someone who actually did hard time, 7 years of hard labor to be exact, he is not doing hard time by any stretch of the imagination…….yet……right now he is laying in the airconditioning , watchin tv and playing cards, getting fed three times a day……too bad he wont serve his time in Angola like me ….it sure changed me….

22. daknight93 says: Jul 1, 2013 2:08 PM

I never saw this coming…Aaron’s life and career is over…truly sad the fall of a 23yr.old millionaire.

23. nite2al says: Jul 1, 2013 2:09 PM

Just because you have money doesn’t mean you don’t commit crimes.

Many times, getting a windfall makes you more of an *hole than you were beforehand.

Aaron was a bad dude to begin with, and money didn’t change him for the better.

24. fdugrad says: Jul 1, 2013 2:13 PM

Jeez! “The Tooz,” Lyle Alzado and “The Mad Stork” were Raider mates, and even THEY didn’t get THIS crazy!

25. mvp43 says: Jul 1, 2013 2:21 PM

23 years old and will never see the light of day again. Was it worth it?

26. vikinglory says: Jul 1, 2013 2:24 PM

Damn those Patriots fans! They had a good team, and now they get a chance to own an authentic Aaron Hernandez made license plate. Some guys have all the luck.
    Vikings 11-5 this year, maybe 12-4 if healthy.

27. steelcurtainn says: Jul 1, 2013 2:36 PM

Now AH has plenty of time to compare tattoos with the inmates, what fun. His “Born to play the Game” tattoo must really be in reference to his murder charges and future imprisonment.

28. bubashep says: Jul 1, 2013 2:54 PM

They don’t call it the “Pokey” for nothin’…

29. Canned Heat says: Jul 1, 2013 3:19 PM

vikinglory says: Jul 1, 2013 2:24 PM

Vikings 11-5 this year, maybe 12-4 if healthy.
    __________________________________

Love the optimism….but sorry.

Last I looked, this team was a one trick pony, with the pony getting worked to death, and with a hack for a QB. I saw this story sometime back in Denver when Terrell Davis was unstoppable in the league and literally a day later was a doormat

The closest you’ll get to a championship will be a glimpse at a Greg Jennings’ Super Bowl ring.

9-7 will be a stretch. But hey, we can all dream.

30. phinfan says: Jul 1, 2013 3:20 PM

fresh fish… fresh fish… fresh fishy

31. marksm3wide says: Jul 1, 2013 3:25 PM

Tootin’ out my booty.

32. johnnycash19 says: Jul 1, 2013 3:30 PM

logicalvoicesays says: Jul 1, 2013 12:35 PM

—————

Huh? Do you not remember Timmy Smith? You know, the Redskin RB that ran for 200 yards in a Super Bowl? He never did anything wrong did he?

33. thelastwordyaheard says: Jul 1, 2013 3:31 PM

__________________________________

if it changed you into someone who’s no longer committing crimes punishable by 7+ yrs in the pen, it was well worth it ..for the rest of us

34. camdenyard says: Jul 1, 2013 3:37 PM

fresh fish… fresh fish… fresh fishy

==========================

I can see it now…

“I don’t belong here…not me! I want my momma!”

35. ColtsWinColtsWin!! says: Jul 1, 2013 3:42 PM

Now just to make sure I am getting this, Did Hernandez play for the Saints and possibly misunderstood the coaches when they said get out their and kill somebody and we will give you a bonus!! and because of Trauma to the head he just assumed he was supposed to do that in New England as well. Heck, they should pay me to be a defense attorney!!!

36. tx1967 says: Jul 1, 2013 3:55 PM

Does this mean, he won’t be available for the 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Season?
    I am still holding a spot on the bench for O.J. Simpson….

37. johnheisman says: Jul 1, 2013 4:07 PM

I hear it is so tough in that prison that the wine served with dinner isn’t chilled to 46 degrees.

38. film381z says: Jul 1, 2013 4:08 PM

39. pastabelly101 says: Jul 1, 2013 4:20 PM

can someone please get a pass for logicalvoices to go see hernandez

40. whitetrashking says: Jul 1, 2013 4:21 PM

Hey lastwordyaheard, glad you think that, but dont worry nobody was ever in any danger unless they didnt pay their marker…..i wasnt a maniac shooting people in the streets…..god bless

41. nowillrepeat says: Jul 1, 2013 4:30 PM

———————————————-

No way Hernandez watches Dexter.

Otherwise, he wouldn’t have been so sloppy with his cover up.

42. icefisherxl says: Jul 1, 2013 4:50 PM

The only hard time Hernando had was covering up the killing.

43. buckmyster50 says: Jul 1, 2013 4:52 PM

where ah is staying he doesn’t have a tv and will not have a tv they don’t allow them in their cells .ah is in an area similar to segregation . he exercises one hour a day and locked up for 23 hours a day. the lights stay on 24 hours a day and the desk is made out of concrete and so is the bed with a thin mattress on top .ah cant go into general population even if he wanted to for his own protection. I believe he is allowed to take a shower every other day. ah receives his meals through a food slot too. there aren’t any weights in the facility where he is staying. ah is considered a jailer that’s why he wears green if he were convicted he would be wearing tan, however, once he is convicted he will go to either Shirley maximum or cedar junction which is also a maximum facility. ah is where he belongs and will have a hard time getting out of this jam with more and more evidence coming against him. at least he will have some friends to workout with when he gets to the big house . the big house has weights and even have weightlifting competitions.

44. bigbluefan11 says: Jul 1, 2013 4:54 PM

tx1967 says: Jul 1, 2013 3:55 PM

I am still holding a spot on the bench for O.J. Simpson….
    =====
    Mean Machine has him listed as questionable with a shank related injury.

45. carolinaafrohick says: Jul 1, 2013 5:00 PM

Going in as a tight end… will pretty soon become a wide receiver

46. eessppnn says: Jul 1, 2013 5:15 PM

He is on an observation POD, this is where they determine where he should be placed.
    Because of his fame/infamous he will be a target potentially. Also his alleged gang ties will factor in. If he wants more freedom he will want to be placed in a pre-trial unit, but that comes at a risk..but if you want to know what it is like day to day for him?
    Lock yourself in your bathroom with nothing, take everything good out, leave a 3inch slit for the outside window, then invite a homeless person in to share your space, enjoy going to the bathroom infront of and infront of, and you don’t always get an hour…someone fights, rips out and everyone is locked in..along with about 3-6 payphones that 35 inmates want to use, you have a bad freaking day!!

47. optionsmaster77 says: Jul 1, 2013 5:29 PM

It’s rare that someone gets shot for no reason…
    I bet Odin tried to extort money from Aaron.
    Then his boys took care of business.
    That’s the way I see it…

48. mixellmaster says: Jul 1, 2013 11:35 PM

AH should be on trial for one more murder.
    He murdered my fantasy team last year!!!

49. marksm3wide says: Jul 2, 2013 3:32 AM

It appears–it looks like knuckleheads–
    Whatever was the need..
    The brain cells are just not there.

50. anonymousnevermindfishdeath says: Jul 2, 2013 4:28 AM

Breaking rocks is “hard time”, not laying around watching TV…

51. mangeleno says: Jul 2, 2013 4:32 AM

“film381z says: Jul 1, 2013 4:08 PM

No judgment from me yet… just wondering what the end result will be when the verdict is read is all”

It is fairly apparent that Hernandez will face just that…. the end result, so to speak……

52. jmike0202 says: Jul 2, 2013 5:14 AM

Too bad Hernandez didn’t play for the Jets. He could have hidden the body in the endzone of Met Life Stadium, because the Jets never make it in there.

53. prizongeorge says: Jul 2, 2013 7:10 AM