Skip to content

Supplemental draft quietly approaches on July 11

Josh Gordon AP

The NFL supplemental draft will take place on July 11. From all appearances, that will be a quiet day.

Monday was the deadline for players to declare their eligibility for the supplemental draft. Although the NFL has not yet confirmed the names of the players who announced their intentions to enter the supplemental draft, it appears unlikely that any big-name players will be part of it.

Former Central Florida defensive end Toby Jackson is reportedly entering the supplemental draft, and that’s the only name we’ve seen so far. Former Houston running back Charles Sims was reportedly considering the supplemental draft, but he transferred to West Virginia instead.

Last year, Josh Gordon was a rare second-round supplemental draft pick. This year, it’s entirely possible that there won’t be any supplemental draft picks at all.

Permalink 3 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
3 Responses to “Supplemental draft quietly approaches on July 11”
  1. daysend564 says: Jul 2, 2013 3:20 PM

    Any TE’s in the mix? The Patriots could use a few.

  2. myeaglescantwin says: Jul 2, 2013 4:17 PM

    ^

    classic

  3. Uptown Murf says: Jul 2, 2013 4:20 PM

    Former Auburn running back Michael Dyer would be perfect as a supplemental draft prospect. If it were purely a football decision, he would’ve been the first back off the board this past draft. He has the speed, size and overall acumen to be a star!!

    But he’s a knucklehead, and not worth more than a 7th round selection. If hr keeps his head on straight, he could make an Alfred Morris like impact. Just needs a strong lockeroom to oversee the process..

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!