Snoop Dogg supports Hernandez

Snoop AP

It’s fitting, we suppose, that a man who will support any given NFL team at any given time will support any given player at any given time.

Or, more specifically, Aaron Hernandez when he stands accused of first-degree murder.

Via NESN, Snoop Dogg has expressed support for Hernandez on Instagram:  “Keep ya head up!!  We prayn for ya.”

Snoop Dogg can relate.  In the 1990s, he faced a trial on murder charges.  Acquitted of first-degree and second-degree murder, the jury couldn’t reach a verdict on the question of whether Snoop Dogg and his bodyguard committed voluntary manslaughter.

Despite Snoop Dogg’s history and notoriously open use of marijuana, the NFL has periodically legitimized Snoop Dogg, putting him on NFL Network multiple times.  Also, the league-owned website sometimes broadcasts Snoop Dogg’s views and opinions.

It’s an odd marriage, made even more bizarre by Snoop Dogg’s open support for Hernandez at a time when the NFL essentially has ostracized him.

Permalink 64 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Aaron Hernandez case, Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
64 Responses to “Snoop Dogg supports Hernandez”
  1. losangelesbillsofbuffalo says: Jul 5, 2013 1:55 PM

“If a (person) get a attitude, pop it like it’s hot … When the (cops) try to get at you, park it like it’s hot”

Snoop you left out the line where you’re supposed to park it more than a mile away from your home in a car that’s not in your name… feeling guilty??

2. ninerempire7 says: Jul 5, 2013 1:56 PM

Right, and apparently Aaron doesn’t have any gang affiliation. What a flat out joke.

3. johnny1979 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:01 PM

Murder was the case that they have me…

4. johnny1979 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:03 PM

gave

5. 69finfan says: Jul 5, 2013 2:04 PM

Who exactly is we becuase I can unequivically state that I am not prayn 4 A Hern.

6. surfinbird1 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:05 PM

Great. All Hernandez needs now is for Ray Ray to step up.

7. topgun1019 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:06 PM

Well, I’m convinced. If Snoop thinks AH is innocent, it must be true. Now I can go ahead and draft AH #1 this year.

8. jshipolito says: Jul 5, 2013 2:06 PM

There is an old saying, keep your mouth shut and leave a doubt or open it and leave no doubt.

9. gloryfromheaven says: Jul 5, 2013 2:07 PM

Never liked Snoop Dogg, this is just another reason why I’ll never like him…

10. nomoreseasontix says: Jul 5, 2013 2:08 PM

The fact that this POS is glorified in any way by anyone, tells you all you need to know about why this country is an absolute mess.

11. calidolfan says: Jul 5, 2013 2:08 PM

SNOOP LiON….NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK !!!

12. mangoldbond says: Jul 5, 2013 2:08 PM

Vato you won’t believe what i saw

13. nyyjetsknicks says: Jul 5, 2013 2:09 PM

Murder was the case that they gave me.

14. markpackman says: Jul 5, 2013 2:09 PM

Snoop Dog? Really?!?! If I was Hernandez I would BEG Snoop Dog NOT to support me – do we need any more proof he’s guilty?

15. kbookert says: Jul 5, 2013 2:10 PM

Im sure that makes Hernandez feel so much better. He has Snoop’s support, maybe they can call him as a character witness.

16. hatesycophants says: Jul 5, 2013 2:12 PM

Huge reach. What is NESN? Producers put Snoop Dogg on television because he is entertaining at the very least. Also, this statement doesn’t sound like open support of the accused. Again, huge reach.

17. xcerebus1 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:13 PM

can Kanye West be far behind………

18. hrmlss says: Jul 5, 2013 2:15 PM

Of coarse he does.

19. johndont says: Jul 5, 2013 2:16 PM

Snoop Dog whats wrong with you – Dennis Rodman

20. thesteelers says: Jul 5, 2013 2:18 PM

Smh.

21. kd75 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:21 PM

Ain’t nothin but a G thang. I guess Snoop does have Love for the East Coast after all.

Two Loc’d out goin crazy. Death Row is the label that pays me. Just chill…To the next Episode.

22. bucrightoff says: Jul 5, 2013 2:21 PM

Its not Snoop Dogg anymore, its Snoop Lion, which he changed to because he got very baked in Jamaica

23. Iknoweverything says: Jul 5, 2013 2:22 PM

How cute.
    One loser saupporting another loser

24. daysend564 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:23 PM

Nothing like a good moral group backing you!

25. swagger52 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:23 PM

Snoop Dog…Official Entertainer of the New England Patriots.

Aaron Hernandez…Official Serial Killer of the New England Patriots

Walt Coleman…Official Referee of the New England Patriots.

It really is hard for the rest of the league to compete with this.

26. daysend564 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:24 PM

Is that RGIII in the photo?

27. r8rsfan says: Jul 5, 2013 2:25 PM

There is a resemblance between Snoop and Michael Huff, now of the Ravens.

28. kd75 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:26 PM

ps…I openly use Marijuana. That doesn’t make me a criminal in the state in which I live.

I get penalized more harshly for double parking than I do for smoking a joint where I live.

A parking ticket is $160. Smoking a joint is a $50 bench warrant in NYC.

29. asimonetti88 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:29 PM

Snoop played at Sutra Nightclub here in Newport Beach in March and Hernandez was there on the stage with him for a while.

30. anygivenwednesday13 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:31 PM

As if John Q Public didn’t already know Calvin was a complete idiot. I wish someone would chin check the worlds first anorexic rapper.

31. icanspeel says: Jul 5, 2013 2:31 PM

“Keep ya head up, We prayn for ya” isn’t exactly full support.. but people do forget you are innocent until proven guilty in the US

32. thegreatgabbert says: Jul 5, 2013 2:34 PM

If Snoop has your back you can’t be all bad. He is at the opposite end of the spectrum from Short Bob Leatherface, the snivelling little joke puppet.

33. 13arod says: Jul 5, 2013 2:39 PM

I think Hernandez is not guilty and he will plead not guilty if they can’t find the gun he used

34. bmoreravens1012013 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:40 PM

Well, now maybe Roger “the Emporer” Goodell will put him on the payroll since any other time he endorses Snoop.

35. finsfan4life1977 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:40 PM

I would like this to be the most down voted comment I ever have on this site. This may come as a shock to some of you, but some of us actually have loved one’s and friend’s that have done things that are not so great, and have gone to prison for them. You can pray for somebody, and wish the best for them without condoning what they did, or supporting their actions.

36. axespray says: Jul 5, 2013 2:43 PM

Ugh!

Really Snoop?

37. wwwmattcom says: Jul 5, 2013 2:46 PM

Praying for Hernandez? If he gets to heaven then there is no hope for peace on earth, dogg.

38. afcdomination says: Jul 5, 2013 2:46 PM

don’t make this about pot. snoop long ago made a choice to tell people he had stopped smoking. so at that point I realized there is really no reason to listen to anything snoop dogg(lion?, wtf? guess I don’t pay attention to pop culture these days) says.

somehow “the game” was the one to get it right here “he shot his sister’s husband, WTF YO”

39. i10east says: Jul 5, 2013 2:48 PM

Dear God, I wonder can ya save me, I can’t die my Boo-boo’s bout to have my baby.

40. thegonz13 says: Jul 5, 2013 2:52 PM

Ted Bundy just called for you, Aaron. He says he to is praying for you!

41. 49erstim says: Jul 5, 2013 3:02 PM

Kanye West just posted this to twitter:

Yo yo Imma let u finish but OJ had one of the dopest duble homicides of all timez

“Duble?” Come on Kanye!!!

42. reasonableeaglefan says: Jul 5, 2013 3:03 PM

This makes his comment about Vick being the best choice for the Eagles starter seem less silly.

43. GenXJay says: Jul 5, 2013 3:14 PM

murder was the cases that they gave them.

44. godofwine330 says: Jul 5, 2013 3:18 PM

I do not know why people thrust mics in front of famous people as if being famous somehow gave them knowledge outside of the scopes of their given talents. Some celebrities are well versed in a wide variety of subjects and issues – some…not so much. Snoop’s knowledge of trust is music, light football knowledge that could be gleened from watching football and coaching youth football.

Hernandez could possibly be facing a situation similar to Snoop where eventually he is seen as not guilty…but it isn’t likely. I see nothing really wrong with Snoop or anybody else who knows as much about the situation as we the public knows telling Hernanadez to keep his head up. This country still does preach “innocent until proven guilty” even if they actually practice “guilty until proven innocent and even then guilty in the court of public opinion thereafter”.

45. razzzmajazzz says: Jul 5, 2013 3:28 PM

This is the same unrepentant drug abuser who bragged about getting away with his own murder in a song -oh I mean alleged murder. He’s a “gangsta” and they never do that. My stars, I am so surprised…..

46. SAV says: Jul 5, 2013 3:34 PM

Headline “With career fading into obscurity, has been rapper Snoop Dog seeks attention by tweeting Aaron Hernandez. A man with no access to twitter.”

47. xjippyx says: Jul 5, 2013 3:41 PM

All snoop said was keep your head up, and he’s getting hate as if he said he was not guilty.

48. thejohnsmith1122 says: Jul 5, 2013 3:42 PM

Suprised at how many people are taking this so negative. Do you disown your family, friends, or anyone else you know as soon as they make a mistake? Or do tell them to stay positive and learn from it?

Just because Snoop tells his him to keep his head up, doesn’t mean Snoop agrees with his actions.

49. claymat52 says: Jul 5, 2013 3:44 PM

Innocent until proven guilty? With all the evidence they have, they are just short of having a picture of him doing it.All these idiots that are buying his jersey, yelling we”we love you aaron” and giving their support shows you how far down in the toilet that America has gone. What kind of parents raised people like Snoop Dog and these other IDIOTS!!!!!!! All I got to say is goodbye Aaron, these idiots supporting you will see you in HELL!!!!!!!!!

50. vaphinfan says: Jul 5, 2013 4:06 PM

I dont care what anyone says hip hop is a good influence on the youth today. Rapping abouts drugs and killing is super sick yo.

51. demjoneses says: Jul 5, 2013 4:17 PM

A couple of things here, Snoop telling him to keep his head up and that he’s in his prayers is not the same as supporting him (not to me at least). I’m sure the victims mother will probably say she’ll pray for Hernandez and his family as well.

Also Hernandez is way too guilty, at least it seems that way. Know who else was way too guilty? Orenthal James Simpson

A good lawyer can beat a case that’s based on circumstantial evidence.

52. swagger52 says: Jul 5, 2013 4:24 PM

Snoop should instead pray for BERNARD POLLARD because he is a Patriot Serial Killer and not a Serial Killer Patriot.

53. swagger52 says: Jul 5, 2013 4:25 PM

Serial Killers need more prayers than most people I guess.

However this is why Prayers are best done in private.

54. xxwhodatxx says: Jul 5, 2013 4:28 PM

I used to like Snoop back in the day but this dude is phoney as hell now.

55. chi01town says: Jul 5, 2013 5:18 PM

Aaron is going to Jail for life and Snoop Dogg cant stop it from happening.

56. trajanthe1st says: Jul 5, 2013 5:42 PM

I’m sure Aaron Hernandez is breathing a sigh of relief now that he knows a semi literate hip hop artist is supporting him. He should consider adding a tattoo of his hero.

57. jjbadd385 says: Jul 5, 2013 7:12 PM

Maybe Snoop is praying to allah…. Ive seen on the news where its ok to commit murder in that religion…

58. squabbleit says: Jul 5, 2013 7:20 PM

Should snoop have stayed out of it? Go squabble it at squabbleit.com and let the community decide!

59. TheWizard says: Jul 5, 2013 7:51 PM

I feel even more validated for not watching the Network.

60. 13eltoro13 says: Jul 5, 2013 9:05 PM

Shizzle My Dizzle!!! AH gonna Fizzle!!!

61. thestillers412 says: Jul 5, 2013 10:38 PM

Don’t y’all know… Everybody in the hood is innocent of they crimes because the white man made them do it and they was high when it happened. That’s why a guy can be a convicted killer on death row and cats in the hood will sport a “Free *insert gang member name here” T-shirt. Lol.

62. keakuamai says: Jul 5, 2013 10:41 PM

too much weed I tell ya!

63. chi01town says: Jul 5, 2013 11:14 PM

Who dont love Snoop Dogg but he’s just on the wrong persons side. Aaron is going to Jail and he’s suppose too. Snoop Dogg should go to the studio so we can buy his new cd

64. billyb1970 says: Jul 5, 2013 11:22 PM

That shows exactly what kind of guy snoop is