Ravens cheerleader killed in motorcycle accident

Unknown

Dion Bagby, who recently earned a spot on the Ravens’ cheerleading squad, died Friday in a motorcycle accident, according to the Frederick (Md.) News-Post.

Bagby was 27.

An Oklahoma native who resided in Vienna, Virginia, Bagby was slated to debut this fall with the Ravens’ squad.

His motorcycle collided with a Volkswagen Jetta on U.S. Route 15 in Maryland as Bagby was driving to Pennsylvania.

We extend our condolences to Bagby’s family, friends, and colleagues.

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, Rumor Mill
23 Responses to “Ravens cheerleader killed in motorcycle accident”
  1. classyjacklambert says: Jul 6, 2013 6:45 PM

Sad news.

2. msstiller58 says: Jul 6, 2013 6:47 PM

How very, very sad. I didn’t know there were male cheerleaders, not that that’s a bad thing; I just never noticed. Deepest sympathy to his family and Ravens organization.

3. bjsdad says: Jul 6, 2013 7:51 PM

R …. resurrection
    I ….. in
    P ….. Paridise

4. oa316ts says: Jul 6, 2013 8:00 PM

I met and hung out with Dion a few times, and am friends with many of the folks on the Ravens cheerleading team. Everyone that I know that knew him thought highly of him and always enjoyed being around him. My thoughts and prayers go out to Dion’s family, friends and lived ones.

5. kwjsb says: Jul 6, 2013 8:11 PM

A Browns fan sending thoughts and prayers to the family, God’s love on all of you.

6. fc187 says: Jul 6, 2013 8:13 PM

Some one passing is sad but when it is someone so young passes it is truly a sad day.

7. raiderinva says: Jul 6, 2013 8:16 PM

I know where the accident happened, and I ride there often. Chances are he was going balls out and the drive of the car never saw him.

Sorry to say, but I feel for the driver of the car and I hope she understands it was not her fault. I hope she is mentally stable and moves on with her life guilt free.

8. Nofoolnodrool says: Jul 6, 2013 8:24 PM

Gone to soon. Rest in peace..

9. russellbandingo says: Jul 6, 2013 8:48 PM

Are there any other teams with male cheerleaders or is this exclusive to the Ravens? I have been going to games all around the country over the last 20 years and never saw a single male cheerleader. My team has guys who carry flags on the field, are they considered to be cheerleaders i wonder? Sad the guy died.

10. crownofthehelmet says: Jul 6, 2013 8:59 PM

Sympathies from Steeler Nation.

There just has to be football in heaven – cheer on Mr. Bagby.

11. mrrmiyagi says: Jul 6, 2013 9:02 PM

Very sad. May this poor soul rest in peace.

Does any other team have male cheerleaders? I have never heard of them in the NFL.

12. broncosaddict says: Jul 6, 2013 9:07 PM

@raiderinva
    So because you ridden down that road you somehow know what happened?
    Chances are more likely that you should not have commented much less passed judgement on who was to blame.
    Even if you are correct in your guess, its a real douchey and insensitive comment.

13. lanjoith says: Jul 6, 2013 9:26 PM

This has nothing to do with this tragedy nor is it putting him at fault but 8 out of 10 motorcycle accidents are the cyclists fault. Whether it is driving in someone’s blind-spot, changing lanes erratically, riding at a high rate of speed or just being a novice at riding. You see all these “share the road” or “look twice & save a life” slogans but I see a-hole cyclists on the road daily, mostly weaving in and out of traffic. In my opinion it should be the rider who carries the burden of being overly careful. You might chip my paint or put a dent in my car if we collide but my car will kill you.

14. 6thsense79 says: Jul 6, 2013 9:30 PM

raiderinva says:
    Jul 6, 2013 8:16 PM

———
    So you base your entire post on a chances are guess? And what if the driver of the car was in the wrong? Is it too difficult to wait until the facts are known before you make your “chances are” statement?

15. snakeman40 says: Jul 6, 2013 9:39 PM

What in the hell is wrong with you jerks rating the comments? There is something seriously wrong with many of you. As of now, there’s only 8 comments. 7 of them are just notes of condolence and sympathy. Yet all of them have “thumbs down” from some of you idiots.
    “Sad news” has 5 thumbs down
    “very, very sad” “sympathy to the family” has 6
    “Browns fan sends thoughts and prayers and God’s love” has 3.
    I thought maybe some moron atheists (not that all atheists are moron’s) were thumbing down any religious reference, but “Gone to (sp) soon. Rest in peace” has THREE thumbs down!
    The only one comment deserving of thumbs down if from the jerk raiderinva who has evidently remote viewed the accident area and has determined that Dion was indeed driving too fast and it was all his fault. Some of you really need to take a look in a mirror. Maybe you will see the ugly the rest of us see.

16. hpeters77 says: Jul 6, 2013 10:38 PM

Rip

17. scoobies05 says: Jul 6, 2013 10:46 PM

RIP Dion. and nofool and crown…..thanks. even with our differences of opinion its still just football. nice of you to both to post your sympathies

18. gdeli says: Jul 7, 2013 12:58 AM

Good lord. God bless you

19. ravensterps says: Jul 7, 2013 1:20 PM

To answer that guy’s question: the Ravens do have male cheerleaders that aren’t the same as the guys who carry flags. Another Ravens fan once told me that the Ravens are the only team with male cheerleaders, but I bet there are others.

20. ravensterps says: Jul 7, 2013 1:21 PM

Oh and RIP, very sad.

21. koufaxmitzvah says: Jul 7, 2013 1:34 PM

The accident happened when the car made a left turn.
    This is a sad situation that is often repeated. Car drivers need to take more time watching the road and not always trusting their eyes. A bike is a totally different machine than a car in that it’s smaller and so you can’t accurately judge the speed or spatial distance.

22. ironman721 says: Jul 7, 2013 3:26 PM

That’s awful. May god be with the family and friends.

23. kennykenken8 says: Jul 8, 2013 1:30 PM

Was he a male cheerleader? “His motorcycle collided….” ???