After criticism, Colin Kaepernick puts on a 49ers hat

Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 6.43.05 AM

Colin Kaepernick has put on a 49ers hat. Perhaps we’re going to have to find something new to talk about during the slowest point of the offseason.

Kaepernick, the 49ers quarterback who raised the ire of fans and commentators by posting a picture of himself on Instagram wearing a Dolphins hat, has now posted a picture of himself on Instagram wearing a 49ers hat, in an attempt to put the issue to rest.

It’s just swag it ain’t never hurt nobody!” Kaepernick wrote as the caption of his new Instagram photo.

Kaepernick is right that wearing a Dolphins hat hurt nobody, and this whole episode probably would have gone unnoticed if it weren’t early July, when NFL fans and media are looking for anything to talk about. Still, the fact that he felt the need to respond to the whole controversy shows how seriously fans take their favorite players and their favorite teams. San Francisco fans want to see Kaepernick in a 49ers hat, not a Dolphins hat. And now they can.

Permalink 155 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Top Stories
155 Responses to “After criticism, Colin Kaepernick puts on a 49ers hat”
  1. truthfactory says: Jul 9, 2013 7:53 AM

I actually think this is a chink in the armor with this guy and possibly a sign of immaturity. It’s a bad decision- and if he couldn’t recognize that when he put the hat on, and then also went on a rant to defend himself then that would concern me.

I can’t think of any other “elite” QB’s who would think this was a good idea. QB’s are the face of the franchise and the business- I would be pissed if I were the owner and my main guy is sporting another teams gear within the same league. It’s amature hour if he doesn’t get that.

2. greyhawk9 says: Jul 9, 2013 7:55 AM

this guy is such a TOOL

3. vibesid says: Jul 9, 2013 7:56 AM

This guy has more tattoos than Hernandez. Plus his grammar is pathetic. Did he go to college?

4. greyhawk9 says: Jul 9, 2013 7:58 AM

“its just swag it aint ever hurt nobody”……. well said college boy

5. simpleghost says: Jul 9, 2013 7:58 AM

“It’s just swag. It ain’t never hurt nobody!”

I am glad this moron is not on my team. 49ers are in for a surprising season. Good luck with your swag-seeking QB who can’t win a superbowl when he’s inches from the end zone and the clinching TD.

6. aresarrow says: Jul 9, 2013 8:00 AM

Double Negative.

7. jrebar88 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:00 AM

Tool, your “swag” wont take you far in the NFL.

8. wamj2008 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:01 AM

Tra la la la life goes on.

9. kotapug says: Jul 9, 2013 8:02 AM

Either has properly spoken English. You would think college educated people would know how to spoke . Did I say that right ? LOL

10. ninerfan81 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:02 AM

Remember folks, this is still a very young man…the hat thing is blown out of proportion. I will say this, If it were me I’d never wear another NFL team’s hat regardless of “swag”. Just as long as he doesnt take his talents to south beach I’ll get over it.

11. rasalghoul says: Jul 9, 2013 8:03 AM

Just a wild guess here, but I don’t think he was an English major. NoWutIMeenMang?

12. benniehifive says: Jul 9, 2013 8:03 AM

is anybody else growing tired of the political correctness that’s getting shoved down our throats here? I would have more respect for him if he posted a pic with a different teams hat.

13. mikeythelectrician says: Jul 9, 2013 8:04 AM

my 8 year old son dresses like that, ck need to grow up

14. boobsmcgoo says: Jul 9, 2013 8:05 AM

Ain’t never hurt nobody!? The dreaded triple negative!

15. greyhawk9 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:05 AM

#1 on the top ten things russell wilson would never say.
    1) its just swag..it aint ever hurt nobody.

16. ratbirdsrule says: Jul 9, 2013 8:09 AM

don’t think I’d be to happy if that was the face of my multi-million dollar franchise

17. birdbath1975 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:09 AM

Thank God….our long national nightmare is over

18. onlyonelbc says: Jul 9, 2013 8:10 AM

Wearing a dolphins hat was at best badly underestimating his importance as an nfl starting quarterback,

Posting a picture of said hat stating that he’ll continue to wear whatever he so pleases is just plain stupidity and lack of maturity, if he wants to be taking seriously he’ll need to drop the “swag” attitude,

There’s a reason Brady, Manning, Rodgers etc are unquestioned leaders and extremely successful quarterbacks and why there’s so many Michael Vicks, capable of greatness but unwilling to dedicate their lives to it, Kap went to the Super Bowl on the back of his running, one of the best defenses, one of the best offensive lines and best receiving groups, fact!

19. kelz1966kelz1966 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:10 AM

If I came to the office wearing a competitors log golf shirt or jacket, my employer would most likely have a problem with it.

20. ridingwithnohandlebars says: Jul 9, 2013 8:11 AM

Harbaugh was probably giving him the silent treatment until he put on a 49ers hat.

21. fin72 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:12 AM

“It’s just swag it ain’t never hurt nobody!”
    ________________________

Since when did this guy become so ghetto? Whoever the writer was that said he didn’t look like a NFL QB with all the tats and everything is 1100% right. Looks like this guy is going to become a major head case who can’t handle all the responsibilities and pressures that come with his position.

22. ebr362 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:12 AM

My bet is Colin was/is a Dolphin fan prior to being drafted by the niners. Team fandom is hard to break, but that doesn’t mean he is not loyal to the niners. Also, the pic of him wearing and the one holding the Dolphin cap are two different caps.

23. dioalice says: Jul 9, 2013 8:14 AM

“It’s just language. You never gave it a chance.”

24. jda129 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:15 AM

Who said hurt only happens to you physically? You broke my heart Colin, and there ain’t enough 49ers swag in the world you can put on to mend it. But a tortoise ride might!

25. saintsfan26 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:16 AM

He reminds me of Aaron Hernandez.

26. thetruthcampaign says: Jul 9, 2013 8:16 AM

27. hawkstradamus says: Jul 9, 2013 8:17 AM

He wore the dolphins hat, because it matched his panties. What else is ther to say?

28. Chace says: Jul 9, 2013 8:17 AM

It doesn’t hurt anybody that’s true. I think of it this way though. If you’re in a high profile position at some corporation like say Gatorade you aren’t gonna be seen wearing Powerade merchandise. It’s just kind of stupid on his part to wear and thereby passively promote the brand of a competitor, but ultimately it’s just sports – not a huge deal.

29. pencilmonkeymagic says: Jul 9, 2013 8:18 AM

Half a season on the field & he’s already getting slapped back down by his crybaby fanbase. This is what they did with your predecessor too, Mr K.

30. peanutele24 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:20 AM

Too late the toothpaste is out of the tube knucklehead

31. ironislanders says: Jul 9, 2013 8:21 AM

That BETTER not be a Golden Corral tank!!!!

32. bluntsmokinskinsfan says: Jul 9, 2013 8:24 AM

Smart move

33. thebigtexas says: Jul 9, 2013 8:28 AM

Why is this getting chalked up to ‘it’s July so there is little to talk about and this wouldn’t be a big deal otherwise’?

If this were mid November it would be just as big of a deal. Maybe bigger.

34. kingmj4891 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:28 AM

Looks like a gang banger in that picture not an NFL QB.

35. ajkrauter02 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:28 AM

Ya know what’s sad…? He and almost all other players in the NFL got a free ride to college and yet, their English is still horrific. “Ain’t never hurt nobody”?? Seriously? Wish I could make millions by being a complete idiot.

36. skinsnation703 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:29 AM

If RGIII put on a Cowboys hat, I would be pissed. You don’t sport another teams symbol that is your competitor. Would a 49er fan wear a Dolphin hat? If you said “yes” then you’re not a true fan.

37. SilentMajority says: Jul 9, 2013 8:30 AM

He’s paid good money to play for, and represent, the 49er organization. He’s the new face of the franchise, so I think it is fair to question his decision making ability when he chooses to wear the hat of a rival team, which the Dolphins are, despite being in a different conference.

38. nfl4days says: Jul 9, 2013 8:32 AM

I love all the people who try and blow this off by saying “oh hes young, it doesnt mean anything!”. If this was Cam Newton who wore a different teams hat and gave that arrogant 5 year old repsonse, he would be getting destroyed.

39. kane337 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:33 AM

Stephen Ross thanks him

40. nomoreseasontix says: Jul 9, 2013 8:35 AM

This kid better hope he has a great year…

Something tells me he’s going to be hard to put up with.

41. gooch80 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:39 AM

Really? C’mon man. You sound like an idiot. Time to grow up.

42. nfl4days says: Jul 9, 2013 8:39 AM

43. modhairken says: Jul 9, 2013 8:40 AM

He’s a spoiled prima donna. He thinks he is above everyone and can do what he wants. Bad parenting. Bad coaching. Aaron Hernandez without the gun. Stupid tattoos, stupid tweets. He’ll be out of the NFL in 3 years. SF will never win the SB with him.

44. Kaz says: Jul 9, 2013 8:40 AM

That “swag” is what happens when you get crowned the future after starting only 10 games. It’s really a shame how quick fans and the media are in this age to crown players. Can they prove themselves for 2-3 years at least? Such a microwave society we live in now.

45. Joemontanaflacco says: Jul 9, 2013 8:40 AM

From trying to put a trademark on kissing biceps to this — CK is proving to be a leading candidate for the poster child of our shallow times. What’s next? Knocking up a Kardashian? This kid needs to read a book or something. Poor Jim Harbaugh. His brother has the classiest QB in the league and he’s stuck with Roethlisbooger’s latest competition.

46. darngoodreason says: Jul 9, 2013 8:43 AM

weak attempt at gaining attention by mediocre talent.

47. thejpeezy says: Jul 9, 2013 8:45 AM

“Should a Pepsi guy wear a Coke hat to his interview? It’s stupid. As a team leader, would I wear the hat of my competition to inspire my team? No, it’s stupid. Everyone’s right except Colin on this one.”

Who wears a hat to an interview?

48. roger4200 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:46 AM

This is a generation full of soft and weak-minded people. I mean really? I understand the whole stick to your team part but what he did was just for style not because he is a Dolphins fan! This is pathetic, people need to get a life. Get over it people!

49. graphis56 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:51 AM

Maybe he’s thinking Miami in 2 years. I don’t think Tannehill is the guy.

50. HerculesHochuli says: Jul 9, 2013 8:52 AM

“It’s just swag it ain’t never hurt nobody!”

That’s the face of your organization.
    Embarrassing!

51. mullman7675 says: Jul 9, 2013 8:54 AM

Unfortunate choice on his part.

So were the copious amounts of tattoos, religious or otherwise.

“Tough Stickers” are becoming irrelevant.

52. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Jul 9, 2013 8:55 AM

Does that hat have playing cards and poker chips on the brim? How did he get a hat like that?

53. sbchampsagain says: Jul 9, 2013 8:56 AM

Colin has a lot of talent. But he needs to grow up.
    I truly wish he had the maturity of Alex Smith.

54. jiveturkeygobbler says: Jul 9, 2013 8:56 AM

#1 Thing Russell Wilson Will never do:
    1) Take his team to the Super Bowl during his first year as a starter.

55. bdnnbd says: Jul 9, 2013 9:00 AM

Am I the only person that saw him in a Packers hat on Sportscenter last year? I’ve seen this mentioned nowhere.

56. bennyb82 says: Jul 9, 2013 9:02 AM

This is the point where a guy like Titus Young would show up in a Seahawks jumpsuit.

57. sfm073 says: Jul 9, 2013 9:03 AM

I’m really over the word swag. I purposely will go out of my way to avoid having to go to one of my employers competitors and I make 40k a year.

58. spikeit2times says: Jul 9, 2013 9:07 AM

You people who are talking about wearing this or that to work or interviews are completely over dramatizing the occurance. CK wasn’t wearing the dolphins cap to work … the season hasn’t started yet. It’s not like he wore a Dolphins helmet during a game. Give me a break and stop with fuggin drama!

59. raiderlyfe510 says: Jul 9, 2013 9:10 AM

I just find it funny that a Dolphins hat is considered swag.

60. pj1983a says: Jul 9, 2013 9:12 AM

My guess? He had a good long “chat” with his head coach and suddenly had a change of heart on the whole matter.

61. cowboysallday says: Jul 9, 2013 9:12 AM

He should of just worn another hat from another team. Screw what jaws and herm say!

62. stellarperformance says: Jul 9, 2013 9:16 AM

You know, I just like to see players do the right thing. The fans spend a lot of money on their hero-worship and it is pointless for a player to tweak a fan unneccessarily. The young players oftentimes seem to feel they have to convey an attitude, but that gets tiresome real fast. Just do the right thing.

63. jayhawk6 says: Jul 9, 2013 9:17 AM

Except for the ten square feet of body tattoos, this could have been a photo of a lot of people.

But that wouldn’t make any sense…

64. murmurj says: Jul 9, 2013 9:18 AM

Let’s face it – he’s the face of the franchise. He makes money off of the 9ers and the 9ers make money off of him. If I was involved with the 9ers organization/franchise, I’d be rather POd about his DB move in wearing a Dolphins hat. Let’s not forget that the franchise did rather well in 2012 with both CK and Alex Smith, so CK may want to be on check, because the 9ers are so good, he may just be replaceable.

After his performance last year against the Seahawks, at least he chose not to wear a Seattle hat.

65. murmurj says: Jul 9, 2013 9:21 AM

#1 Thing Russell Wilson Will never do:

Crush the 49ers by 35+ points…

Wait…

66. winkeroni says: Jul 9, 2013 9:27 AM

What is swag? I’m not sure swag equates to having confidence. I could be wrong but as far as I can deduce swag is doing what a lot of other people do.

67. badburro says: Jul 9, 2013 9:33 AM

I’m not a football player. I have to pay for my own team gear. I’m a diehard Niners fan. There is no way in hell I would wear another team’s logo! Kap needs to realize he screwed up and apologize to the Niners fan base. Time to grow up Colin.

68. johnnycamparm says: Jul 9, 2013 9:35 AM

This guy looks like a pimped out suicide bomber. Aaron Hernandez part 2 : Jihad Style

69. nathanjreese says: Jul 9, 2013 9:36 AM

For the people questioning his intelligence, he was a 4.0 student in high school and college, and scored higher on the wonderlic test than Peyton Manning, with a 37.

He made a bad decision to wear a Dolphins hat. If that’s the worst thing he does, I think he’ll be ok.

70. lightcleric says: Jul 9, 2013 9:43 AM

I can’t really criticize him, saying “swag” unironically is pretty much part for the course on the internet in 2013.

71. murmurj says: Jul 9, 2013 9:43 AM

The 4.0 high school GPA is pretty amazing. His grammar is also pretty amazing.

72. bobzilla1001 says: Jul 9, 2013 9:43 AM

Kaepernick is a tattooed, gangsta-wannabe who thinks he’s the coolest person in the room. He’s going to wind up cooling himself right out of a league that is at a frazzle with hip-hop, tattooed freaks.

73. drim13 says: Jul 9, 2013 9:44 AM

SWAG – Stuff We All Get —> conference type lingo

74. noring4youstill says: Jul 9, 2013 9:45 AM

Swag. God I hate that word. Plus it means flowers. So you’re a pansy.

75. brokenjay says: Jul 9, 2013 9:50 AM

According to Kaepernick’s mom, per USA Today, he was a 4.0 student. Now, either ol’ Colin is trying to develop some street cred or he went to a school with very low standards.

76. dmackdaddy says: Jul 9, 2013 9:55 AM

He’s not the 1st of last player to do it. Roddy White just tweeted that he does it as well:

Roddy White @roddywhiteTV
    Kap getting a lot of flack for that hat and I got like 4 Mitchell and ness throwback hoodies of different teams that I wear does that count

77. pioniere says: Jul 9, 2013 10:00 AM

Punk. After seeing him do the ‘bicep pose’ after scoring a TD, and now this hat thing, its pretty obvious the 9ers are going to have to look elsewhere on their roster for leadership.

78. schmitty2 says: Jul 9, 2013 10:02 AM

I dare him to wear a Dolphins hat on game day in the Candlestick parking lot.

79. vibesid says: Jul 9, 2013 10:03 AM

Colin is acting like a rookie, not a veteran team leader. So he needs time and experience and maturity to fit the role of the leader. He will probably do this, but it is not certain.

It’s worth noting he has started 10 NFL games, and then compare that to Joe Flacco who has started 94 NFL games (and won 63 of them). So he has a long way to go.

80. thetruthcampaign says: Jul 9, 2013 10:04 AM

Jaworski said his mechanics were slow in taking the Dolphins hat off.

81. souldogdave says: Jul 9, 2013 10:17 AM

Wow, so much for the humble student of the game…The picture looks like it was taken under duress, lol. He’s looking down, implying guilt…can’t see his face probably a hoodlum expression…WEAK

82. favrelous says: Jul 9, 2013 10:18 AM

Not a big deal. Most 49er players have another favorite NFL Team. Apparently, when either Miami or Green Bay plays at a time the 49 ers are not playing most of the team goes over To Harbaugh’a place to cheer them on.

83. frozen49er says: Jul 9, 2013 10:25 AM

You do realize he scored a 37 on the wonderlic, same as golden boy Andrew Luck and better than Russell Wilson and RG3, right? So before you let grammar change your perception maybe you should look a little deeper.

84. harrisbarton says: Jul 9, 2013 10:27 AM

It’s probably true for every winning team, but there sure are a lot of readers out there who hate the 49ers.

As a 49er fan I can’t stand the Seahawks and their fans, but I certainly think Russell Wilson is a remarkably talented quarterback. I don’t get how so many commenters here feel obligated to include something about Kaepernick not being a very good quarterback. That’s just plain stupid.

85. annes22 says: Jul 9, 2013 10:28 AM

Everyone needs to calm down. It’s laughable how steamed up everyone is getting about this. Get over it, he can wear whatever the hell he wants on the 4th July in South Beach, it’s a vacation for god sake.
    He’s not playing a football game on the beach.

86. 8to80texansblog says: Jul 9, 2013 10:30 AM

If he wants to wear a Miami Heat hat… thats fine, a NY Yankees hat, cool, a Lakers hat, ok buts thats kind of douchey.

But there are 31 NFL team hats that are off limits….

As far as his grammar goes… he’s already shown his lack of intelligence by not just wearing a Dolphins hat, but posting a pic of himself on the internet wearing it where you know he’s going to take criticism… what else would you expect….

87. virgilcole says: Jul 9, 2013 10:39 AM

People need to look at this in only one way:

If he was the starting QB of an NCAA team, like say Alabama, and he was photographed wearing the hat of ANY other NCAA team he would be ripped to shreds in the media and by the public. As it stands, the media (mostly) gives him a free pass. And that is only because he had such a (mostly) successful year last season. (losing the Super Bowl is a failure, not a success though)

Wear YOUR team’s gear. You represent that team 24/7/365

88. zack2482 says: Jul 9, 2013 10:42 AM

And people get all upset that Romo wears his hat backwards! At least he wears the right hat!

89. thetruthcampaign says: Jul 9, 2013 10:45 AM

“Not a big deal. Most 49er players have another favorite NFL Team.”

Wrong. It’s a big deal for any team. You don’t want Aaron Rodgers coming in with a Bears hat on. You don’t want Stafford showing up with a Packers hat on. It’s stupid.

This is not a 49ers hater thing or a ColinK hater thing. Any player doing it is stupid. Wear an MLB or a Miami Heat hat if you must, but not the hat of a competitor.

90. fdugrad says: Jul 9, 2013 10:53 AM

“It’s just swag it ain’t never hurt nobody!” I don’t even understand exactly what he is saying. Is he attempting to express the idea that it was simply a fashion choice of the day, and that people shouldn’t be offended, or take it so seriously? Why has he chosen to highlight his illustrated body at this time in the wake of the AH situation? If the selection of the Fins hat was an unwise choice, and THIS is his attempt to demonstrate contrition, or drive home the idea he understands the outrage, I believe he has failed miserably. If anything, his response, backed up by the photo reveals a poor decision process, immaturity and a large dose of hubris. I don’t care one way or the other, however if I were a 49er fan, I would not want THIS photo to be the face of the franchise, and I would also want my QB to be able to express himself without sounding like some kind of hood.

91. bisonbreath123 says: Jul 9, 2013 10:54 AM

At least he didn’t “axe” us to forgive him.
    Are inner cities on another continent ? They don’t speak the same as the country that I grew up in. But as long as you can throw a pass, catch or hit or dunk a ball, the English speaking challenged among us will continue to get a free pass.

92. 49erstim says: Jul 9, 2013 10:59 AM

@greyhawk….#2 on the list of things Russell Wilson will never say: “I’m going to Disney Land!” Keep it classy losers. :-D

93. deadunicorn says: Jul 9, 2013 11:04 AM

It gets better!

94. kelz1966kelz1966 says: Jul 9, 2013 11:05 AM

I bet NIKE would have a problem if he were to wear a competitors product on the field.

95. mmsierra says: Jul 9, 2013 11:06 AM

Don’t Worry !!
    Kaep will be wearing a 49ers helmet BOTH times he DEFEATS the Seahawks this year

96. ajwatt18 says: Jul 9, 2013 11:11 AM

Seriously for a Throwback hat? At least this man is not wearing another teams jersey like Terrell Owens did. And the way he wrote his Instagram caption was to make people laugh.

97. bigalhebdman says: Jul 9, 2013 11:12 AM

Let’s face it, since there is an NFL DRAFT, most of the players do not actually play for the team they grew up rooting for, but the majority would have the forsight not to wear the other teams logos in public where they can be photographed. Colin had a momentary memory lapse in this age of internet and forgot how quickly stuff circulates and gets blown out of proportion. Hopefully he learns better.

98. despenc925 says: Jul 9, 2013 11:16 AM

it’s funny how much everyone on this site take football so seriously. calm down it’s just a hat. he didn’t murder anyone drink and drive or use PEDs. it’s also funny when people are saying “I’m glad he’s not my quarterback”. probably coming from a guy who’s a fan of a team that doesn’t reach the playoffs.

99. leopardjferry says: Jul 9, 2013 11:23 AM

Tattoos, anti-social behavior, and ignorance: the modern NFL star

100. asimonetti88 says: Jul 9, 2013 11:28 AM

As long as he’s winning games for us on the field, I don’t particularly care what he wears off of it.

101. liddogg33 says: Jul 9, 2013 11:32 AM

Hey 49ersrstim, you know why Russell would never say “I’m going to Disneyland??” Because after they win the superbowl this year he will be going straight to the FILMROOM!!! This is just another example of what I have been saying for a year now. CK is a total punk and any 49er who says its cool for that CLOWN to wear a dolphin hat and then claim “swag” is pure INSANITY!!! Simple truth…. THIS IDIOT CAN’T TIE RUSSELL’S SHOES!!! Period!!!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

102. bookofelisha10 says: Jul 9, 2013 11:34 AM

people still use the word swag?

103. liddogg33 says: Jul 9, 2013 11:35 AM

Swag!!!!! HAHAHAHA. What a total MORON! This article made my day!!

GO HAWKS!!

104. leopardjferry says: Jul 9, 2013 11:37 AM

I fought in the Civil War. Never ONCE did I wear the colors of the Army of the Potomac. –Ewell P. Custis

105. corny715 says: Jul 9, 2013 11:40 AM

Nice Role model. Swag is using proper English and representing your franchise with dignity.

106. puntonfirstdown says: Jul 9, 2013 11:44 AM

In less than five years, the question will be:

“Whatever happened to Colin Kaepernick?”

107. steeeve718 says: Jul 9, 2013 11:48 AM

Cute tank top, Colin. My girlfriend has one just like it, except hers has “Baltimore Ravens, Super Bowl Champions” written on it.

108. shlort says: Jul 9, 2013 11:52 AM

Just wait until he flounders this season.

Kaepernick jumped off the bench to take a starting spot from Smith. Kaepernick knew he had to play above his own ability to keep the starting job because the precedent had been set by Smith’s benching in favor of Kaepernick himself. Now, there is no one on the bench behind Kaepernick and he will not be forced to play above his ability. Kaepernick is going to disappoint many a Niner fan this season.

A half a season doesn’t make a career in the NFL. The list is long of players that everyone thought were going to be the next great QB after a few good performances. Next season? Not so impressive. Don Majkowski and Derick Anderson are the most noteable.

109. richndc says: Jul 9, 2013 11:55 AM

All I know is that Mike Vick is human garbage.

110. tlmoon2112 says: Jul 9, 2013 11:57 AM

This whole thing is one of the dumbest rants Ive ever heard. How many of these guys walk around with some form of New York Yankee hat on ALL OF THE TIME??? I NEVER see anyone call ANYBODY out for that. Its just stupidity….Kap had it right, these morons are bored.

111. draculalambert says: Jul 9, 2013 12:04 PM

that snap back swag is wet…

woot woot

112. devildog911 says: Jul 9, 2013 12:16 PM

ninerfan81 says:
    Jul 9, 2013 8:02 AM
    ————————————————————–

Luck, Wilson, RG3 are all young too but they don’t act this way. The three I mentioned all have class and speak proper English. Kaepernick is nowhere close.

113. rick1k6 says: Jul 9, 2013 12:21 PM

Is the general public mad because he wore a Dolphins cap, or because he stood up and answered back?

114. 49erstim says: Jul 9, 2013 12:35 PM

@liddog….. I actually respect Wilson a great deal, but the thought that dude doesn’t take a day off is laughable. Also “I’m going to Disney Land” is said while celebrating ON THE FIELD after you win the Super Bowl. Obviously as a Seahawks fan you don’t know that. ;-)

115. bullcharger says: Jul 9, 2013 12:58 PM

It’s like a coca-cola exec wearing a pepsi cap. It’s not ok to represent a competitors brand when you get paid 800k a year.

116. bullcharger says: Jul 9, 2013 1:00 PM

tlmoon2112 says:Jul 9, 2013 11:57 AM

—————

They can wear whatever baseball team’s cap they want. Not another NFL team though.

117. liddogg33 says: Jul 9, 2013 1:00 PM

You guys haven’t won a superbowl in your LIFETIME!! Quit hanging on a history that is just that… HISTORY!!! And a 20 year history at that!!! All I know is the last time the two of them were on the “field” together one smoked the other one by 35 POINTS!!!

GO HAWKS!!!!

118. sandersmarcus10 says: Jul 9, 2013 1:04 PM

saintsfan26 says:
    Jul 9, 2013 8:16 AM
    He reminds me of Aaron Hernandez.

^^^THE DUMBEST THING IVE SEEN ON THIS POST!!!! A guy wearing a hat reminds you of a guy killing someone are you serious right now and the 83 people that liked that are high. And your judging him but like that comment please.

119. ninersducksfan says: Jul 9, 2013 1:04 PM

As a niners fan I think it’s really dumb what he did. Was his reaction immature? Sure it was. But I think it’s a gross overreaction that this occurance suddenly makes him a “chink in the armor” and that he’s too immature to be successful as an Nfl QB. He was as immature 6 months ago as he is now and he took the niners to the Superbowl as a first time starter. Can’t wait for the offseason to be over so we have real performances to all yell at each other about.

120. rdrdrs58 says: Jul 9, 2013 1:05 PM

Can’t wait until camp starts… then we can focus on football rather than what hat a player is wearing… it will all go away once he takes off for a 50+ yard scamper… everyone will be like… “what hat?”

121. juliusanonymous says: Jul 9, 2013 1:11 PM

“It’s just swag it ain’t never hurt nobody!”
    ————-

Swag is for Justin Bieber fans. Oh wait, that wouldn’t really disqualify Kaepernick. My bad.

Side note: Does anyone else feel like use of the term “swag” should automatically result in the user being put into a rocket and launched into orbit? Or at least nut-kicked like 5 times in a row.

122. mookie311 says: Jul 9, 2013 1:15 PM

if colin kaepernick has always been a bicep-kissing, embarrassing-tattoo-getting, swag-preaching homie like these tweets and instagram (god bless it, i want to run for president so i can ban instagram by executive order) posts suggest, then it’s just a little worrisome and sad for him and for the 49ers.

but if he really is as smart as his momma and the wonderlic indicate, and this is all part of a put on to, i don’t know, make him look tough and hood and swagged out? that’s MORTIFYING for san fran, and quite pathetic for kaep. either way, the boy has some growing up to do.

123. fdugrad says: Jul 9, 2013 1:16 PM

bisonbrearh123: Amen to your comment!!

124. ksranum says: Jul 9, 2013 1:17 PM

The 49ers hat in that picture is 100 times worse than a Dolphins hat.

WTF are up with the poker chips?

125. WACANHFL says: Jul 9, 2013 1:17 PM

It’s okay, CK just left his 49er swag at his flop house the other night and the dolphin cap was all he had…

126. judsonjr says: Jul 9, 2013 1:21 PM

Where was that pic taken? Looks like he was at a storage auction or something. Maybe he will make a cameo on Storage Wars.

127. themackstrong says: Jul 9, 2013 1:24 PM

I would be embarrassed if this tool was the face of my franchise talking swag and getting extra ghetto on social media.

128. sonofsamadams says: Jul 9, 2013 1:25 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Kaepernick looks like Ernie from Sesame Street?

129. 1heatedtoombrayduh says: Jul 9, 2013 1:25 PM

Everyone talking about “if this were pepsi, he wouldnt wear coke” last i checked the nfl was one entire entity so this is like a member of the pepsi team, sporting a sierra mist cap…get over it lol and as far as his grammar.. why does he have he have to be politically correct on INSTAGRAM?? its not like he was writing a discertation..

130. trollaikman8 says: Jul 9, 2013 1:33 PM

People in Boston got all bent out of shape when Tom Brady was spotted wearing a NY Yankees cap.
    I mean sure, he was only wearing a cap to help recover from a hair-plug procedure but still, the team on the cap matters a lot.

131. throw46 says: Jul 9, 2013 1:37 PM

Kaep is a smart guy on paper….wonderlic…..GPA…etc.
    But he seriously has demonstrated that he’s got some deep psychological issues….maybe because he was adopted, maybe because he felt he was overlooked by BCS colleges…etc.

One thing you can be sure of that other teams are going to use this as a indication of how to get to him.
    Being smart as he reportedly is, he should read the “Art of War” or
    something….because you know they are looking for any weakness to attack.
    Go 9ers!

132. namaths5thofwhiskey says: Jul 9, 2013 1:40 PM

Heres come the self righteous community of PFT… oh too late

133. ColtsWinColtsWin!! says: Jul 9, 2013 1:50 PM

If he wanted to impress people he should have wore a COLTS!!! hat!

134. stevent92 says: Jul 9, 2013 1:53 PM

I bet he has a Dolphins tattoo somewhere.

And a 49ers one.

And probably a Panthers, Texans, and Chargers logo somewhere too.

135. seattlecoug says: Jul 9, 2013 1:55 PM

Just a bunch of jail yard scribble on his body…. ghetto hoot rat tats….

136. lionsdraftguy says: Jul 9, 2013 1:55 PM

Whos the scronty guy in the picture?

137. 4ever9er says: Jul 9, 2013 1:57 PM

liddogg33 says: Jul 9, 2013 11:32 AM

1. He may be in the film room, but it won’t be after the super bowl! It will be much earlier!
    2. Maybe you’re unaware but CK took one week off after the super bowl and has been working his butt off since preparing for the upcoming season.
    3. This is just another example of what I have been saying for a year now.
    4. As a lifelong 9er fan (45 years this season) I could care less what a player wears during the off season it’s no big deal to me. But I also don’t hero worship, seek autographs, wear jerseys or relinquish my responsibility to athletes, politicians, entertainers to be role models for my children!
    9ers Today~9ers Tomorrow~9ers Forever

138. afcdomination says: Jul 9, 2013 2:18 PM

really easy to be the QB when things are going awesome.

it becomes much different when all of a sudden things go bad. blame is shifted onto you and as a player, only you.

this isn’t a good sign to me if Im a 49ers fan. he should have LET IT GO days ago. now he AGAIN is basically mocking those who felt he was in the wrong.

I can only wonder how he will act when people begin to question his on field decision making.

139. ingram1225 says: Jul 9, 2013 2:21 PM

aint nobody got time for that sh*&

140. afcdomination says: Jul 9, 2013 2:22 PM

wait, someone is actually making the case that its not like coke and pepsi. that the NFL is an “entire entity”

are you freaking kidding me man. these are 32 individually owned franchise’s. on their OWN payroll. they are in DIRECT COMPETITION WITH ONE ANOTHER!!!!

for all these comments about us being self righteous in questioning colin here, I have to turn the tables and question those who will defend ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING an athlete does that isn’t deemed illegal. sometimes, there is an unwritten code. this is one of those times.

141. northstarnic says: Jul 9, 2013 2:28 PM

Sweet tats bro

142. cball77 says: Jul 9, 2013 2:31 PM

This was not a big deal, but it does show he’s immature and unprofessional. The wannabe gangster talk on twitter doesn’t help either.

However, this stuff is not the reason I’d take Russell Wilson over Colin. Both guys will be superstars, but I’d take RW any day. They both make equally great plays with their feet but Wilson throws a better ball, exudes leadership, and is more cerebral.

Kaep will be very good, Wilson will be great. However I do think Colin has a slightly better team around him right now which levels the playing field.

Can’t wait for week 2!!

143. dstep24 says: Jul 9, 2013 2:32 PM

After hours of trying to figure out how to kiss his own face to calm the nerves brought on by the criticism, he settled for a triple thigh kiss and a snuggle with Teddy. now, he’s good as new.

144. 49erstim says: Jul 9, 2013 3:36 PM

@liddogg….actually they won all 5 “in my lifetime” and that regular season win you keep spouting off about proves Seattle fans have a little brother mentality. Keep on hatin dummy. “We want the ball and we’re gonna score!” Lolz

145. juliusanonymous says: Jul 9, 2013 4:02 PM

49erstim says:
    Jul 9, 2013 3:36 PM
    —————–

Little brother mentality. Chuckle. That’s almost cute. Since the Seahawks joined the NFC West, we’ve won the division 7 times. San Fran? 2.

Real Seahawk fans who’ve been around a while still see the Rams as a bigger rivarly. Some history there. Isaac Bruce standing on his helmet on our field. Argh. Still gets my blood boiling.

49ers? Not so much. When I hear that name, I still think of Singletary dropping trou in the locker room, and I just laugh and laugh. Or I just reflect back on my trip to Candlestick last season, when the 49ers fans all sat there staring at their phones or stood out on the concourse watching the Giants playoff game. Saw more Giants gear than 49ers gear in San Fran that day. Man, you gotta at least back your team to get that big brother status, and you gotta win for longer than a few seconds. The Cardinals have more history than the 49ers since we joined the NFC West.

146. deltaoracle says: Jul 9, 2013 4:05 PM

Whatever else he may be, he’s certainly a very erudite and eloquent young man.

147. 4ever9er says: Jul 9, 2013 4:20 PM

Note to all: because someone speaks in slang it does not mean that they are ignorant or a wanna be gangster!
    Most of you are ragging on the twitter or instagram captions, but if you’ve ever heard him speak he handles himself very well!
    Has anyone noticed that there hasn’t been any backlash from the organization or his teammates? It says a lot about how they feel, apparently it’s a non issue!

148. 49erstim says: Jul 9, 2013 4:51 PM

@juliusanonymous……. lol…you can’t be serious. Even when Seattle was winning those division titles SF was beating them. As for your trip to Candlestick I can’t speak on that. I’m in my seat from opening kick to final buzzer. I’m that way at opposing stadiums as well.

149. seattlecoug says: Jul 9, 2013 5:54 PM

Even his SF hat is stupid. Is that cards and poker chips on the bill? God this guy is a douche – he might be the perfect 49er……

150. nananatman says: Jul 9, 2013 7:50 PM

Maybe if he got “I play for the 49ers” stitched in his underwear.

151. saintsfan26 says: Jul 10, 2013 2:33 PM

sandersmarcus10 says:
    Jul 9, 2013 1:04 PM

___________

Lmao! It was a joke dude. Relax.

152. eclchico says: Jul 12, 2013 5:36 PM

I personally could give a rat’s ass less what hat Colin wears, although I think it’s poor judgment. What I don’t get is how, ummmmmm, how does one put this nicely, how ghetto Colin’s image is. I realize he is potentially a huge talent (or he might just be a flash in the pan once the rest of the league gets used to him and his playing style) but isn’t the face of a team like the Niners sort of important? He may be as nice as he can be but his image and his lack of ability to hold a conversation in an interview is pretty questionable. He also may be as smart as a whip but the few interviews I have heard with him are rather pathetic. He’s very Hernandesque. I don’t know but it seems like a team like the 49ers that have produced the likes of Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Steve Young among others has a history of classy, fairly humble players and they have thrown that all away now.

153. joshtanney says: Jul 13, 2013 9:26 AM

Complaining about his tats, way he types and his fashion. I am not sure why any of the above has anything to do with his ability to play football or be a good teammate. Just because someone types/talks a certain way does not make them uneducated. Hes a great player on the field and I would advise you to research some of his charity work before assaulting the man’s character.

154. kingpel says: Jul 14, 2013 11:59 AM

LIGHTBULB!

155. wrdtoyrmama says: Jul 16, 2013 1:45 PM

Again, the word is “professional”.

And right now CK is acting like the NFL version of Justin Bieber, trying to roll all hard for whatever audience or attention he’s trying to attract.

Simply, somebody needs to remind CK that he’s not bigger than his team, and that he is one of the most visible representatives of his franchise.
    The franchise that’s paying him.

Plus, you think Tannehill would be stupid enough to be photographed in a Niners cap?
    Nope.