Hernandez was hostile when police first arrived at his house

AP

Documents released Tuesday by court order in the Odin Lloyd murder investigation reveal that Aaron Hernandez quickly hit the center of law enforcement’s radar screen.

His behavior when they arrived at his house for the first time likely didn’t help matters.

Authorities showed up at the home the day after the body of Odin Lloyd was found in an industrial park near Hernandez’s home.  After watching them from his surveillance system, Hernandez went outside to talk to police.  And then it got a little ugly.

“Aaron Hernandez then became argumentative with the officers, and asked ‘what’s with all the questions?,'”

trooper Eric J. Benson said in a sworn affidavit submitted in connection with the efforts to obtain a warrant to search the home, via the Boston Herald.  “Mr. Hernandez slammed the door and locked it behind him.  Aaron Hernandez did not ask officers whose death was being investigated nor did he display any outward signs of concern.”
Eventually, Hernandez met with authorities at a local police station, with counsel present.  It’s unclear for now what, if anything, Hernandez told investigators.

75 responses to “Hernandez was hostile when police first arrived at his house

1. Hernandez could very likely be the dumbest accused murderer in history. He would have looked less guilty if he had asked the police” what took you so long?”

2. ……. and the ACLU is so concerned about his confinement.

Doesn’t sound like a guy who’s innocent to me.

3. I’ll admit I was riveted by this story when it first broke. The more I hear the more it seems this guy dug himself a very,very deep hole. But ,the more I hear the more I think this guy did it.

Sad. Wasted opportunity.

4. Due process and all that, but this guy gives every appearance of being a high-functioning psychopath that has finally hit a wall.

5. He was not thinking rationally. His emotions were out of control. Seems to be a pattern, based on his alleged violent behavior.

6. This shouldn’t be surprising. Anyone capable of being a serial killer probably would not invite the authorities in for coffee and discuss the matter.

The jury is still out on the murder charges… However, I am convinced that he is guilty of D-baggery in the first degree.

7. Apparently the Bengals and Dolphins, who had taken Hernandez off their draft boards, didn’t contact the police to warn them that Hernandez might be difficult to deal with.

8. Maybe Hernandez shouldn’t have left a mountain of evidence for the police to find.

Police tend to investigate homicides, you know, it’s sort of their job. They usually don’t go “Dead body with bullet wounds? That guy must have deserved it!” then walk away whistling dixie.

9. jimmyt says: Jul 9, 2013 3:45 PM

Shocking, just shocking. The Patriot Way.
    ————–
    Weak sauce, dude. I’m sorry that you are a Jets fan.

10. “Shocking, just shocking. The Patriot Way.”

So weeeeeeak. This has nothing to do with the Patriots. How low will some people sink to take a jab at New England?

11. While it shouldn’t matter I’ll state it anyway…I’m a Cowboys fan. Now …. what exactly does any of this have to do with the “Patriot Way?” Get a friggin clue!

12. patsarethegoat says:Jul 9, 2013 3:50 PM

What else would the police expect… a warm welcome?
    ——————————————————-

Yea, from an innocent person! His actions are far far from an innocent person.

13. patsarethegoat says: Jul 9, 2013 3:50 PM

What else would the police expect… a warm welcome?
    ———————————————–

Maybe some tea and biscuits????

14. steviemo says: Jul 9, 2013 3:46 PM

Guilty as charged.
    __________________________________

Dewey, don’t you dare write a song in the middle of this argument.

15. Shocking just shocking. The Patriot Way says the fan of the team that drafted Lawrence Phillips in the 1st round and continued to employ for his entire career Leonard Little a third round draft choice who killed Susan Gutweiler having a .19 BAC and six years later was arrested again for DUI. Leonard Little played his entire career for the Rams with no consequences for the team.

Yes, this fan appreciates the Patriot Way.

Ever hear the saying people who live in glass house shouldn’t throw stones jimmyt?

16. Here’s the proof that he did it:

“Hernandez did eventually speak with police, the affidavit states, and while awaiting his attorney at the police station, investigators observed him lying on the floor of the interview room.”

Nobody but nobody lies on a dirty police station interview room if he is innocent!!!

17. Asking what’s with all the questions is hardly argumentative. If you are being questioned about a ‘murder’ it’s natural to ask what does this have to do with me if you are faking innocence or to throw the cops off if you are indeed guilty. Was he acting a certain way, flailing his arms, or any other behavior that lead them to believe he was being argumentative. This is gratuitous info at best from the police. Won’t be long before a judge tells the cop to stop talking and leave it to trial. Having said all that, I think he is guilty as sin.

18. Bob Kraft says the cops didn’t get his approval before going to Hernandez’s house.

19. of course he was hostile, he realized this would all end his access to rental cars.

20. Look at that house! He had it all, but his “rep” was apparently more important. Good luck with that while you’re a$$ is being passed around the prison.

21. jimmyt says:

Shocking, just shocking. The Patriot Way.

_______________________

How this doesn’t get old for you, either, is beyond me. Are you 11?

22. For the first time ever, a teammate of Tim Tebow was actually upset that he wasn’t being interviewed with a few simple questions about Tim Tebow.

23. And the who cares reports keep coming. Can we stop talking about a player that will never play in the NFL again? Probably not but we will see how many thumbs down I get….. and GO!!!

24. >”It’s unclear for now what, if anything, Hernandez told investigators.”

============================

He learned from the best (Belichick), so he probably said the following:

a. I don’t know nuthin’
    b. Why you lookin’ at me? Everybody does it (SpyGate, dump dead bodies at industrial parks, etc…)
    c. I “misinterpreted” the rules

25. patsarethegoat says:

What else would the police expect… a warm welcome?
    _____________

Actually, yes. The innocent wouldn’t be hostile and even a semi-intelligent guilty person will have the sense to act like he’s innocent. Hernandez never asked what they were there about and got hostile the second they told him his buddy was dead. I bet they don’t see too many cases where the suspect is that transparently obvious that he was involved in the crime.

26. ebr362 says: Jul 9, 2013 4:00 PM

patsarethegoat says:Jul 9, 2013 3:50 PM

What else would the police expect… a warm welcome?
    ——————————————————-

Yea, from an innocent person! His actions are far far from an innocent person.

***************************************
    Oh wow.. youtube.. search for ‘never talk to police’. it’s a law professor and a police detective. You should probably watch that video.. multiple times…

Worst thing you can do is stand around answering questions from police.. guilty or totally innocent, doesnt matter.

27. Aaron Hernandez did not ask officers whose death was being investigated

That is the most revealing part of this story. Someone who wasn’t involved would naturally ask the police who or what was being investigated, out of sheer human curiosity.

28. This is how sociopaths act , I’m sure he stills believes he is going to be found innocent and is probably dumbfounded on how they caught him.

29. Barring a video of him actually shooting Odin Lloyd, I’m not sure you could draw up a stronger case.

He left a shell casing in the rental car….

I think my favorite part of all of this is when his fiance is telling the officers she didnt know what time he came home and he told her to stop talking to the police…. um, guilty much?

30. Some of you don’t get it. @jrs1972, taking legal advice from Youtube is dumb as dumb can be. You can avoid answering questions and that you want a lawyer present for your protection without appearing hostile like Hernandez was. Be polite but firm in invoking your rights to representation. Slamming the door in the faces of cops isn’t going to help things.

31. The Patriot way has nothing to do with only hiring choir boys for the team. It has to do with playing as a whole, not as individuals. One man goes down with injury, the next guy steps up. Doing whats best for the team, not your stats. It’s about showing respect for the other teams you play and being gracious in defeat. Has zero to do with a players life outside of football.

32. The Patriot way: win a whole bunch of regular season games, then lose in the playoffs!

33. ebr362 says: Jul 9, 2013 4:00 PM

patsarethegoat says:Jul 9, 2013 3:50 PM

What else would the police expect… a warm welcome?
    ——————————————————-

Yea, from an innocent person! His actions are far far from an innocent person.
    =====
    Actually, I thought this too. Until I read an article about how overzealous police ruined an innocent couples life over a neighborhood dispute gone wrong. No dead body involved, just alleged gunshots, but IF I am ever approached by police, I will be polite and refuse to talk until I have a lawyer present.

34. ” It’s about showing respect for the other teams you play and being gracious in defeat.”

That’s the Patriots Way? LOL! Yeah, Belichick and Tom “Kung Fu Fighting” Brady are paragons of respect for other teams and graciousness in defeat.

35. Hernandez is lucky that stupidity is not a crime. If it was, he’d be facing some very serious time behind the wall, or worse.

36. insider7 says: Jul 9, 2013 5:52 PM

=====
    Yes, but if stupidity were a capital crime, world overpopulation would never be an issue.

37. kabasaman says:
    Jul 9, 2013 4:37 PM
    I think it’s kind of funny that we haven’t heard from the “HOODIE” yet…..
    _________________________________
    Let me save you some valuable time so you aren’t waiting to hear anything from him.

BB’s comments on Hernandez:
    ——————————————
    “I’ll answer questions about players on our team. That player isn’t on our team.”

“It’s a legal matter, we have no comment”

“Our owner addressed this matter and that is how we are handling it.”

“Do you have any questions about practice or players on our team?”

“We’ve addressed it in the manner we’ve addressed it with our actions after the incident and that’s the comments we will have on it.”

And by the way, I love that it will be this way. So many media are out there huffing and puffing for him to say something and he won’t give them a thing. Nor does he owe them a thing as far as AH is concerned. I firmly believe this is one reason Kraft made public comments. That and their actions regarding his employment with them are the team view and that’s it.

38. Guilty as charged.

________________________________

Pertaining to the law suit from the trainer in FL:

Doctor: “Well you see, Mr. Cox, half his face was blown off, so I have to fix it so the new half is like the old, un-blown off half.”

Dewey’s Dad: “Speak ENGLISH, Doctor!”.

Go Lions.

39. Bill Polian and teams coming out saying they took Hernandez off their draft boards was do to failing drug tests, nothing more and don’t let them fool you into thinking something else about Hernandez was a concern.

Go out and look at all the scouting reports, there is nothing about off the field behavior. All reports point to pot use. So when these people/teams say they took him off their board it wasn’t because he had a questionable history of violence. They are trying to toot their own horns by saying they knew better when in fact they didn’t know about any thing else except the pot. Lots of players slide do to failed drug tests. These guys want everyone to believe they had a crystal ball. Jokes!!

40. Hostile= not @ all the described behavior! IMO , he just did what any person with a gang of $$ and a too lawyer would do!
    If I were being investigated for something I didn’t do, and the police wanted to question me, if I had the means, I would absolutely have my guard dog by my side! About the only smart thing this knucklehead did

41. “whats with all the questions”
    and slamming the door behind himself

Thats what we call “hostile” with police?

The police have lost perspective.

NOTE: Im not suggesting that Hernadez is innocent of the murder.