O.J. Simpson has parole hearing, won’t be out soon

O.J. Simpson Seeks Retrial In Las Vegas Court - Day 5 Getty Images

Hall of Fame running back O.J. Simpson will go before a Nevada parole board later this month, but he’s not getting out of jail anytime soon.

According to the Associated Press, Simpson will go before a parole board on his 2008 kidnapping conviction. But the 66-year-old Simpson was also convicted of armed robbery, and some of this other sentences were ordered to be served consecutively, meaning they won’t begin until other sentences end.

Simpson was convicted of 12 counts after he robbed two sports memorabilia dealers in Las Vegas in 2007, with the sentences totaling between nine and 33 years.

He’s also trying to get a new trial on those charges, with his defense team saying his previous lawyers botched the case.

Of course, if that wasn’t true of different team of lawyers, he might not have been free to commit a robbery.

Permalink 31 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
31 Responses to “O.J. Simpson has parole hearing, won’t be out soon”
  1. joetoronto says: Jul 11, 2013 8:34 AM

Hats off to the judge that put this lowlife turd away for good.

2. baltimoresportsfan says: Jul 11, 2013 8:34 AM

Who cares?

3. ColtsWinColtsWin!! says: Jul 11, 2013 8:35 AM

Oh man, I remember when this guy used to kill it!

What? To soon?

4. dlbpatsfan says: Jul 11, 2013 8:39 AM

He’s still alive?

5. supremekingz says: Jul 11, 2013 8:42 AM

Before you get all smug against OJ, consider the fact that in his last trial, his lawyers had a plea deal on the table that they never bothered to tell OJ about. He would’ve already been out by now if he was aware it existed.

No matter how much you hate a man, you can’t try someone for the same crime twice (Double Jeopardy). It’s clear there was a working force to over-convict OJ to make amends for the past.

This is the USA, not the tribunal in Dark Knight Rises

6. jimmyt says: Jul 11, 2013 8:49 AM

Aw, let the guy out. Maybe he can land a job with the Patriots.

7. irishking says: Jul 11, 2013 9:00 AM

I saw OJ play in college and what a fantastic player he was. Never did it dawn on me back then that OJ would end up spending his senior years in a Nevada prison. What a life gone awry.

8. jwcarlson says: Jul 11, 2013 9:00 AM

Still has a better chance at 2,000 yards than DeMarco Murry.

9. greymares says: Jul 11, 2013 9:02 AM

Of course they blotched his case, he’s used to his lawyers getting a guilty man found innocent.

10. dexterismyhero says: Jul 11, 2013 9:12 AM

Had the first lawyers did their job correctly he would still be on death row!!!!!!

11. 69finfan says: Jul 11, 2013 9:26 AM

Bologna samiches have not been kind to Orenthal.

12. maddog111 says: Jul 11, 2013 9:28 AM

Sorry O.J., Johnny Cochrane’s not walking through that door anytime soon.

13. floratiotime says: Jul 11, 2013 9:28 AM

Can we please just let this murderer die in prison and forget about him ?

14. 950003cups says: Jul 11, 2013 9:30 AM

I still remember the celebrations when OJ won the trial. It disgusts me till this day. Yet they rioted when “their guy” lost in the Rodney King trial. Can’t wait to see the reaction in the Zimmerman verdict. .

15. larceneaux78 says: Jul 11, 2013 9:34 AM

Maybe he just should do like every other washed up, broke former NFL player and blame it on Concussions.

16. whitecastleisafoodgroup says: Jul 11, 2013 9:39 AM

supremekingz says: Jul 11, 2013 8:42 AM

This is the USA, not the tribunal in Dark Knight Rises

—————————————————–

You had me until the Dark Knight Rises reference.

17. dcapettini says: Jul 11, 2013 9:41 AM

That’s funny! I don’t remember “double Jeopardy” in the Rodney King case when the cops were found not guilty in a California court but were then tried for the same crime in Federal court.

18. idmtnlvr says: Jul 11, 2013 10:56 AM

Why are you people reading this crap about OJ??? The poor baby! Boo hoo! I would be more interested in reading an article regarding how OJ complaining about how uncomfortable it is for him to sit down after all these years. Now thats good Journalism!!!

19. elitegold06 says: Jul 11, 2013 11:12 AM

O J Simpson ought to be freed. I, along with many other people, believe he was set up. I know a lot of people want him in prison because they think he got away with murder but that case has nothing to do with why he is now locked up. I’m sure OJ would not hurt anybody if he was released. I feel sorry for him.

20. beelicker says: Jul 11, 2013 11:19 AM

Meanwhile the real killer is still free to roam as many golf courses as OJ could’ve got a tee time at looking for him/her

21. preston0036 says: Jul 11, 2013 11:32 AM

Never in my life have I heard of a person going to Prison for Taking his Own Stuff back! !! LMAO I’d have more Trust in tge Judiciary System if they said YOU NOT GETTING AWAY THIS TIME!!!

22. nananatman says: Jul 11, 2013 11:39 AM

Watch out he has a history of running for it:)

23. schmitty2 says: Jul 11, 2013 11:50 AM

elitegold06 says:Jul 11, 2013 11:12 AM

He was set up?? If you’re accused of murder you don’t have your buddy drive you down a freeway being chased by cops while you’re on the phone threatning to kill yourself IF you’re innocent and it was proven he robbed the sports collector guy at gunpoint. Set up?? Come on man!!

24. FinFan68 says: Jul 11, 2013 11:58 AM

That conviction and the consecutive sentences were emotionally charged decisions based on his former legal issues. Kidnapping? C”mon. That DA, jury and judge wanted him to pay for the killings of the past. Overcharged and over-sentenced. I don’t like the guy but that was just as much an injustice as his not guilty verdict.

25. newelldesigns says: Jul 11, 2013 12:04 PM

You know it’s funny, the only thing I can think of is why he went to jail in the first place because he must have ran out of money! I might get negative feedback when I say this but it is my opinion.

Anybody can be bought, for instance an ex friend of mine got caught with 200 lbs of pot and he had a direct line to Mexico, sure it cost him an arm and leg all his harley’s, gun collection, 100 grand in a safe but he did NO jail time…His fine + court costs + attorney fees totaled in access of another 100 grand. Now OJ had money his first trail and walked, Ray had money and got away with murder, Big Ben got away with rape 2 times. So if anyone has boo coo bucks to pay off a judge, etc., they can get away with just about anything.
    Again my personal opinion.

26. irishking says: Jul 11, 2013 12:08 PM

I think he has been incarcerated long enough. Let him out on supervised release and keep him away from all sports memorabilia. He should not even permitted to watch a USC game. No more football? hear me OJ?

27. howdee1934 says: Jul 11, 2013 12:59 PM

I think OJ was convicted of these crimes from public opinion over the murder charge he was found innocent of, we all have our opinions of whether he was guilty or not of the crime but the truth is it’s the American way to have a trial and the jury decides , and the American way is,, he was innocent

28. tacowrecker says: Jul 11, 2013 1:10 PM

I think he’s an arrogant turd and egomaniac who thought he could do whatever he wanted and no one could touch him. So, I’m supposed to believe he was set-up and framed multiple times, by different judges, prosecutors, cops etc. for totally different crimes? Please. This isn’t “The Fugitive”. Prison is EXACTLY what this D-bag deserves

29. romoscollarbone says: Jul 11, 2013 1:41 PM

@schmitty2

Elitegold was referring to being set up with the memrobilia thing, not the murders.

I generally hold the same feelings that he was set up w/ that and was tried and sentenced by people who wanted to see him pay for what they felt he did years prior. I can understand their feelings, and agree that he most likely killed them.

However that’s not the crime he was accused of or tried for in this instance and he shouldn’t be in jail for it.

30. jrcoop says: Jul 11, 2013 2:07 PM

Looks like he should begin a hunger strike in protest of his unjust incarceration.

31. teedraper says: Jul 11, 2013 11:19 PM