Mike Williams frustrated with deal or caps lock

Getty Images

A month ago, Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Williams said he was “very close” to a new contract.

Now that his definition of close has been turned upside down, Williams is either frustrated by the lack of movement toward a deal, or he’s talking about something else very loudly with his caps lock stuck.

I FEEL LIKE MY FAMILY DON’T WANT ME,” he tweeted yesterday. “HAVENT I BEEN EVERYTHING YOU WANTED AND MORE WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YALL. .. AND WE SAY FAMILY FIRST.”

As Stephen Holder of the Tampa Bay Times points out, “family” is one of Bucs coach Greg Schiano’s go-to buzz-words, which he often uses as an acronym meaning “Forget about me, I love you.”

Whether it’s from his Bucs family, or his own family, Williams obviously isn’t feeling the love right now, and it makes him want to yell at our eyeballs.

55 responses to “Mike Williams frustrated with deal or caps lock

1. Pay him. Williams had his issues in college he had to suck it up and now this contract his REWARD for doing it the right way. Dont string him along just pay him…Bucs front office has done everything right in the last few years dont back track now….

2. “HAVENT I BEEN EVERYTHING YOU WANTED AND MORE”
    ____________________________

They would probably like you to go over 1000 yards.

3. Schiano and Glazer suck.
    Scumbags with the high priced beer, crappy, hot stadium and a lousy team
    Pay the guy. He is making the QB a decent one.
    Without Williams and VJ, Freeman would be a high priced stiff

4. I’m assuming the only way they can show how much they want him is by giving him a lot of money.

5. Mark “Rockstar” Dominick needs to pay this guy. He outperformed the bust Arelious Benn, and definitely outperformed his draft position. Bucs have gotten tremendous value out of this mid-round draft pick. Dumbinick quickly handed Michael Clayton 10 mil when he became GM, so I am not sure why he is so hesitant to resign a WR that is actually good.

6. He probably deserves a long term higher paying contract but when you take to Twitter to publicly complain that your 4 year 2.3 million dollar contract is not enough don’t expect the average Joe out there to feel sorry for you.

7. Career Stats (4 seasons):

193 catches on 378 targets. That’s a 51% completion ratio.

2,371 yards.

23 touchdowns

5 fumbles (4 lost)

I can see the appeal to family when discussing contract status. No one but his mom thinks he deserves the amount of money he’s asking for.

8. I’M SURE YALL CAN UNDERSTAND THAT GETTING PAID AS A WELL PERFORMING WR IS IMPORTANT, SO NOT SURE WHY HE WOULDN’T GET PAID BY THE FAMILY.

9. A lot are saying “just pay him”… but until the details come out, how do we know he’s not asking for Calvin Johnson kinda money?

I would love to seem him locked up long term, but he could also be one of those guys that disappear once they sign for the big money.

10. @daysend564
    In 3 seasons, two of those in a crappy offense where he was basically the only WR he’s avg.
    Receptions 64
    Receiving Yards 900
    Receiving TDs 7.5

his totals are
    Receptions 193
    Receiving Yards 2,731
    Receiving TDs 23

11. I can understand why he is frustrated but pouting over Twitter will do as much good as stomping your feet up the stairs in regards to getting what he wants.

12. “Haven’t I been everything you wanted?”

No. They wanted a #1 receiver. Instead they had to overpay some other guy to be the #1 because you weren’t it.

13. Darrelle Revis, drafted by the Jets, given tens of millions of dollars.
    Dashon Goldson, drafted by the 49ers, given tens of millions of dollars.
    Vincent Jackson, drafted by the Chargers, given tens of millions of dollars.
    Carl Nicks, drafted by the Saints, given tens of millions of dollars.
    Eric Wright, drafted by the Browns, given tens of millions of dollars.
    Mike Williams, drafted by Mark Dominik, given minimum salaries.

I’m sure that’s not frustrating.

14. You generally know what you’ve got in a WR after their 3rd year.

Give him 200k for every YPG he’s had since coming into the league, for a year total equal to the number of years he’s had to raise that YPG total.

56 YPG * 200k = 3 year, 10.2M

Basically, pay him for what he is….a #2 WR.

15. Punk says: Jul 12, 2013 11:41 AM

“Haven’t I been everything you wanted?”

***********************************************
    Nobody drafts a WR in the 4th Rd and expects him to be a stud number one. If they do their morons. Mostly you hope a 4th rd WR can contribute. He’s more than done that.

16. “Haven’t I been everything you wanted and more”?

Funny, that’s what I also said to my most recent girlfriend right before she gave me the boot…

17. Most of you have no clue at all.

The Bucs want him. He’ll have a contract before training camp. He’s just nervous because it’s less than two weeks till TC.

18. silencethecritics says:
    Jul 12, 2013 12:02 PM
    193 catches on 378 targets. That’s a 51% completion ratio.

———————————–

Have you seen Josh Freeman throw a pass?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fair point.

19. The Bucs need to figure something out with Williams because after him we don’t have anyone on the roster capable of stepping into a #2 receiver position. Williams is a huge redzone threat for Freeman (more TDs than Jackson last year)…but if the guy wants $7 million a year then I think that’s too much. Give him that and we are going to be in cap hell in no time. This is what happens when stupid organizations like the Chargers and Jaguars give bums like Meachem and Robinson #1 wideout money.

20. Donovan McNabb is “furious” the Bucs are trying to sign Williams to a new deal, stating that “he hasn’t earned anything yet” and added that ” if the Buccaneers and the city of Tampa were serious about winning and showing me the respect I deserve they’d sign me instead.” McNabb then puked and ended the interview

21. steelerben says: Jul 12, 2013 11:12 AM

Career Stats (4 seasons):

193 catches on 378 targets. That’s a 51% completion ratio.

2,371 yards.

23 touchdowns

5 fumbles (4 lost)

=========================================

those stats would not be that impressive if u weren’t completely wrong cause he hasn’t played for seasons. hes played 3. going into his fourth year now. But you gave it a great shot.

22. I FIND THAT MOST SEMI-ILLERATE PEOPLE THAT USE SOCIAL MEDIA PREFER TO TYPE IN ALL-CAPS. IT’S NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE YELLING, IT’S BECAUSE THEY JUST DON’T KNOW ANY BETTER.

23. guy is a top tier #2 and played a solid #1 during Freeman’s best year. He can make very difficult catches (luckily considering Freeman), under pressure. I promise you the entire league would pay him high tier #2 money. And this is nerves before training camp, he’ll get locked up.

24. leave it to a squealers fan to say something this idiotic!~
    youarejealousof6rings says:
    Jul 12, 2013 10:53 AM
    “HAVENT I BEEN EVERYTHING YOU WANTED AND MORE”
    ____________________________

They would probably like you to go over 1000 yards.

HAHAHAHAHA that is so funny, like a reciever can just go over a 1000 yards when he has a quarterback that can’t throw the ball accurately over 5 yards….HAHAHAHAHHA enjoy those six rings cause your never gonna see the seventh idiot!!

25. vinegarstrokes42 says:
    Jul 12, 2013 1:07 PM
    steelerben says: Jul 12, 2013 11:12 AM

Career Stats (4 seasons):

193 catches on 378 targets. That’s a 51% completion ratio.

2,371 yards.

23 touchdowns

5 fumbles (4 lost)

=========================================

-*Those stats would not be that impressive if *you weren’t completely wrong *because he hasn’t played *four seasons *, *he’s played *three. *He is going into his fourth year now. *You gave it a great shot.

Fixed. (sort of.)

26. you all forget the cap situation. williams was good, but not a game changer. i also think that his work ethic good be better.

27. The number one corporate lie: “Our biggest asset is our people.” No, it’s the all mighty dollar. It’s okay for a corporation to think this, but don’t get upset when they tell you it’s about “family”. It’s about money… and that saying goes both way. I’m sure the Bucs have already made an offer that wasn’t enough… YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT BOTH SIDES MY FRIENDS.