Pacman Jones wants his experiences to help kids

Bengals-CB-Pacman-Jones-arrested-in-Cincinnati-RV7EDHK-x-large Getty Images

Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones has a great deal of experience in the criminal justice system. He hopes to use that experience to help young people.

Jones, who has been arrested several times, most recently last month after an altercation with a woman at a Cincinnati bar, told USA Today that he’s speaking to children in the hopes that they’ll listen to him and avoid the same mistakes he’s made.

“The only thing I can talk about are true life experiences,” Jones said. “I’m going to be honest with them and whatever questions they ask me, I’ll answer. Be accountable and responsible for all your actions. School is cool, guns are not. Just keep working hard, enjoy your childhood.”

Despite that recent arrest, Jones says he’s not the same person he was early in his career, when a series of off-field incidents caused him to miss the entire 2007 season and the entire 2009 season.

“I don’t do the things that I used to do,” he said. “I don’t hang with the guys that I used to hang out with. I’m a father, I have a great fiancée, I work hard every day and I try to lead by example. In the past, I was a little wild, wanted to be out every night, all night. There are better things in life, you know what I mean? And thank God for my beautiful two little girls. They really changed my outlook on life.”

That positive outlook on life is what Jones is now trying to pass on.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
15 Responses to “Pacman Jones wants his experiences to help kids”
  1. jpb12 says: Jul 14, 2013 1:53 PM

Why you keep calling him Pacman?

2. jack3dsd says: Jul 14, 2013 2:07 PM

it doesn’t matter what name you go by, its your behavior that dictates who you are

3. mikebrownistheworstownerinprosports says: Jul 14, 2013 2:09 PM

Pacman has changed. All but 2 of his arrests occurred while with the Titans and Cowboys. That said, he hasn’t changed enough, because he shouldn’t be hanging out at bars with his kind of reputation. It’s asking for trouble.

4. fdugrad says: Jul 14, 2013 3:05 PM

“In the past, I was a little wild,” as in: “In the past, The Titanic was a rather leaky boat.”

5. onbucky96 says: Jul 14, 2013 5:17 PM

Great. Can it be a ride at Disney? How about a movie on Lifetime? Can’t be a TV show since Playmakers wasn’t real…

6. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Jul 14, 2013 6:43 PM

Thanks Mr Pac, but I would rather my kids listen to someone who did things the right way. We have all had plenty of bad examples of what not to do in the past.

7. rizzof57 says: Jul 14, 2013 7:47 PM

He needs to help his own kids, my cousin Tanisha got pregnant by Adam “Pacman” Jones and Jones will not take care of his son. The little boy is now 5 years old and he refuses to pay court ordered child support and he will hopefully be in jail before the NFL season starts, #go bengals

8. granadafan says: Jul 14, 2013 8:43 PM

Say what you will about Pacman and his love of “scrip clubs”, I’ll give him a lot of credit for admitting his past mistakes and trying to get other young kids from repeating his idiotic transgressions. I still won’t cheer for him on the field, but I do grudgingly admire his efforts to teach others while he can and avoid prison.

9. ghent32 says: Jul 14, 2013 8:47 PM

I’ll be impressed when he remains on the “outside” of a jail cell. I wouldn’t want my kids in the same zip code

10. bert1913 says: Jul 14, 2013 9:13 PM

Pacman could teach the kids that when he makes it run it has nothing with water

11. deddmunnie says: Jul 14, 2013 10:43 PM

Pacman looks older than the original pacman in this. Making it rain is takin its toll

12. txbossman says: Jul 14, 2013 11:10 PM

We will see. He’s trying to rehabilitate his image while he’s got time, and I don’t blame him. Maybe he’ll change, maybe he won’t. Making noises to the good is a fair way to start.

13. greenmeattruck says: Jul 15, 2013 1:03 AM

At some point, WHAT you’ve done becomes WHO you are.
    We all know what pacman has done… he’s still pacman.
    Tell that to the kids!

14. joetoronto says: Jul 15, 2013 5:13 AM

“I don’t do the things that I used to do,I just punch women in the face now” he said.

15. donth8thehorns says: Jul 16, 2013 2:21 AM

Kudos!!! Every person deserves harmony & forgiveness! It takes some people many chances & hitting rock bottom for some can be painful to watch, but often the most troubled that actually do turn the corner and live a positive life Are the most magnetic people to spend time with! Good luck bro!