Robinson, 28, was released in March. Per Pelissero, Robinson’s $2.6 million base salary was to be guaranteed were he on the roster on April 5, and it was only injury-guaranteed until that time.
Robinson suffered four concussions in 2012. He told USA Today that he “definitely wasn’t ready to be cleared” when the team medically cleared him in January.
“We acknowledge that a grievance was filed and we are working with the NFL to resolve the dispute,” the Jaguars told USA Today.
Robinson began working out earlier in July and hopes to play in 2013, he told Pelissero in the story published Tuesday.
“There’s going to be doubts about me with the concussions,” Robinson said, per USA Today. “But the only thing I can do is tell teams to bring me in, work me out and go from there.”
If healthy, Robinson could bolster a club’s wide receiving depth. His best season came in 2011, when he caught 54 passes for 858 yards and 11 touchdowns. However, his concussion history figures to be the big hurdle for interested teams.