Report: Trent Richardson says he’ll be “full-go” for training camp

Pittsburgh Steelers v Cleveland Browns Getty Images

Browns running back Trent Richardson dealt with left knee and ribs injuries in 2012 and was sidelined with a right shin injury this offseason, but he’s healthy in time for training camp, he told Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer in a story published Tuesday.

“”I’ll be full-go right from the get-go and y’all out there will see me flying around,” Richardson told the Plain Dealer. “I can’t wait to get out there and I can’t wait for the first game. I’ve been waiting forever for this season and I know it’s going to be a good one for us.”

The No. 3 overall pick in the 2012 draft, Richardson rushed for 950 yards and 11 touchdowns as a rookie. While he gained just 3.6 yards per carry, his potential was evident, and he toughed it out through injury, something for which left tackle Joe Thomas publicly praised him late in the season.

If Richardson is full strength in his second NFL season, he’s going to be fun to watch, considering what he was able to do in Year One.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
10 Responses to “Report: Trent Richardson says he’ll be “full-go” for training camp”
  1. steelbloggin says: Jul 16, 2013 11:02 PM

Ready for Norv to run him into the ground, hope he stays healthy going forward

2. gtorlone says: Jul 16, 2013 11:04 PM

I’m still kind of surprised that this guy backed up Mark Ingram. But you know what wouldn’t surprise me? If he led the AFC in rushing yards this season.

3. camdenyard says: Jul 16, 2013 11:06 PM

Dude is made of glass. Clownfan shouldn’t expect much for him.

4. wryly1 says: Jul 16, 2013 11:39 PM

Last year, after missing all of rookie training camp and preseason coming off knee surgery – then cracking multiple ribs in season, the kid still racked up 11 TD’s and 950 yards playing in parts of 15 games. Could be a beast if he’s 100% healthy.

5. pmars64 says: Jul 17, 2013 3:16 AM

Hopefully the kid can stay healthy. If he can, and that’s a big if, he’ll be a true stud. After the Giants played against him last year, they said he was the best running back they’d seen in five years.

6. louhudson23 says: Jul 17, 2013 7:11 AM

Good blocker and receiver…inside head buster and can kick it outside if given the chance….This describes both Richardson and Ingram…..Both he and Ingram will have good years…….

7. ccjcsr says: Jul 17, 2013 10:46 AM

I see a tweaked Hammy in the first week.

8. valentino8100 says: Jul 17, 2013 11:08 AM

A lot of people criticized spending such a high pick on a RB, with so many other needs, especially given the way management said they intended to use him. Of course, no one in Cleveland would listen, and now, the wheels are already falling off. Shocker.

9. dawgdaysofsummer says: Jul 17, 2013 11:08 AM

I dont think this injury should even be a concern. T-Rich said he was just fine in multiple interviews on clevelandbrowns.com. Chud was just being extra cautious with the Browns bell cow. Trent really, didn’t even need to be at the OTA’s as a RB. I think he is going to have a hell of a year this year. CAN’T WAIT!

10. christophershearin says: Jul 18, 2013 5:03 PM

RB’s days are numbered in the NFL with the new rules against lowering your shoulders……