Skip to content

Browns, John Greco agree to five-year deal

john greco getty Getty Images

The Browns and offensive guard John Greco have agreed on a five-year contract, the club said Tuesday.

Greco, 27, started 10 games at left guard for Cleveland in 2012 after starter Jason Pinkston was placed on injured reserve because of blood clots in his lung.

“John is a solid, all-around teammate, on and off the field,” Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski said in a statement issued by the club. “He was given an opportunity to play last year and really showed well. He’s respected in the locker room for his approach, consistency and team-first attitude.”

Greco, Shaun Lauvao and Pinkston are the Browns’ top three guards. Now, one day before camp begins, the Browns have made a longer-term commitment to Greco, signaling he’s a key part of the plans.

Said Browns CEO Joe Banner in a statement from the club: “One of our goals is whenever possible to develop and keep our own players. We’re glad in this case that it worked out, and was mutually beneficial.”

In another transaction Tuesday, the Browns signed former Bills wideout Naaman Roosevelt, the club said. A third-year pro, the 25-year-old Roosevelt has caught 25 passes for 396 yards and a touchdown in his NFL career.

Permalink 4 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Rumor Mill
4 Responses to “Browns, John Greco agree to five-year deal”
  1. barkymingo says: Jul 23, 2013 5:26 PM

    SUPERBOWL

  2. howiefeltersnatch says: Jul 23, 2013 5:38 PM

    Can’t argue with solid o-line depth. I didn’t realize Greco was only 27 though, I thought he was well in his 30s.

  3. youarejealousof6rings says: Jul 23, 2013 6:18 PM

    LOL, they would.

  4. chuckstertam says: Jul 25, 2013 12:30 PM

    Greco is Solid depth indeed.
    He might even start. Good signing Banner

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!